• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege Perilous needs help...DEV's please help...

G

<blockquote><hr>

and since all the siege lover, fel only player and insurence hater,and gm leather armor wearer, know this..
u see the majority of player flee from all shards
to siege, to play the real game...?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't deny that our shard is the vastly less popular option. I never said I did. It doesn't make what I said any less true.

D

Der Rock

--------------------------------------------------------------
That makes no sense. On an insurance shard you have to spend upwards of 100 million on a top flight suit. On siege you need one good bracelet, or one good weapon, and you can compete very well with one that cost you less than 500k, an amount anyone can come up with pretty fast.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

hm, u dont need 100m,u need only 500k,and this u can come up very fast....

and then what??
waiting for pvp ??
when NO one is around to pvp with???
standing ready stuffed for 500k ,hidden on the bank??

where is the sence of all those argumentations??
(in every pro siege posts)

my friend, i play for many years now on drachenfels, and i am far away from the point that ALL my char(21). be fully suited and skilled out.

G

Not if there were proper controls.

I'd like a 2nd house on Siege, to use for my vendors instead putting them on someone else's property.

I would have them:
1. bought as a 'holiday home' token from EA - cash for the accountants.
2. limited in size (10 x 10 max maybe?)
3. Needing to be 'refreshed', if they're not used they fall down.
4. Not transferable - token redeemed as a deed, which is tied to the account like a soulstone. Only one 'holiday home' per account allowed.

-------------
I read these threads and the way people view Siege and wonder what the heck Terry and I are doing there. We neither of us pvp.

We didn't trade gold on Europa for gold on Siege to finance chars, they made their own way.

I have built my 18 x 18 château, furnished it and supplied +20 stat scrolls for both our chars by earning my living as a crafter. How the heck I've done that when, if posters here are to be believed, there's no one on the shard to buy my goods, I really can't imagine.

G

You know I used to think the same way you did. Then after getting bored with LA and GL after playing for 8 years, I decided to give Sige a try.

It has made UO fun for me again. It is challenging and exciting again. Even just doing PvM is challenging again. On LA I could Solo most MOBs but on Siege (even if I was Maxed out fully developed char) I couldnt do it.

You cant wear all the High end Suits because you have no insurance. If you die in a bad place (for example Sanctuary) you will be hard pressed to retrieve your stuff. Better to let it decay than to waste more resources to get it back.

My only complaint is RoT. It needs to be adjusted so that you can have a competitive char in a month of regular play and a complete 120 char in 3 months instead of double that.

I recommend you try Siege for 3 months before you critize what you dont know. No disrespect intended.

G

I don't usually kill quickly. You either have very few hit points, or you also got hit by a couple of others at the same time. I know Krystal was there too.

I prefer to kill slowly, using the lethal poison. That's just funny. I also used to load up on explosion pots and pick of people, particularly the afk, at luna bank. I'd always get GW'd, but I guess that's the price of fame.
One day, I'm going to remember to take screenshots of all the funny things people say to me when I'm doing that.

If you are interested in seeing the siege community interact, the siege boards are a good place to start. A word of caution however, it's a rowdy crowd.

Take a look at the story night thread however, that's one of the less violent regular events for the RP crowd on the shard. At least, it usually starts with minimal violence.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Can we get a vote/show of hands as to the "xfer to from not from" idea? That seems to be the only thing that will fix the underpopulation problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh if it only was about getting more players, we could just add Trammel, Insurance and other easy stuff.

Yes we wish more players but we do not wish chars who do not grow up on Siege. No vote is needed, the answar is no to transfer to and from Siege, it will be abused if allowed.

G

Please fix ROT so that people can come to the shard and train up without being helpless for 6 months.

N

Nico-SP

<blockquote><hr>

Please fix ROT so that people can come to the shard and train up without being helpless for 6 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

*claps*

N

Nico-SP

<blockquote><hr>

If I make a newb tonight, and he gets slaughtered and looted, I won't make another one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your not siege material stay in tram...btw pls fix rot...

M

Midnight Rambler

Gee, I wonder if I'm gonna see any sorta response regarding some ROT changes before I need to decide if I want to renew my accounts for another 6 months...

G

Some kind of response would be nice. *hint, hint*

Either: -

a) We plan to make a change to ROT very soon.
b) We are looking into possible ROT changes.
c) We have no plans to change ROT in the foreseeable future.

I

imported_Bluebottle

<blockquote><hr>

um all the rps left years ago...now the only thing left is pvpers and crafters the rest are far and few between...my statement still stands...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! I resemble that remark - so I declare that yer assertion is misguided at best!

I have played on Siege since server availability - the only PVP I actively seek to engage in is good verbal discourse. I mostly PVM and gather resources for resale - what's so wrong with that?

I've only ever won one fight on SP and I think that was due to the other player suffering a disconnection and my character autodefended!

... errr I assume you would you rather I just left so that your statement holds water?

G

<blockquote><hr>

and then what??
waiting for pvp ??
when NO one is around to pvp with???
standing ready stuffed for 500k ,hidden on the bank??

[/ QUOTE ]

A) If you are looking for a fight, you can usually find one.

B) It makes no difference whether or not there there is someone to fight. The point was that somehow the rich are at an advantage on siege, I was explaining how they are at much LESS an advantage than on insurance shards.

You seem to think that I don't know the population is low, but I do. That wasn't the issue.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have played on Siege since server availability - the only PVP I actively seek to engage in is good verbal discourse. I mostly PVM and gather resources for resale - what's so wrong with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I couldn't pvp my way out of a paper bag.

R

Rykus

This would indeed be a nice addition to a FoF, or just a straight up A to the Q, regardless of format or occasion.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This would indeed be a nice addition to a FoF, or just a straight up A to the Q, regardless of format or occasion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, not sure if anyone has already done so, but I sent an email to Jeremy today for a FoF topic for Siege RoT, per her instructions in this post on contacting her. Perhaps it will make it to one in the next couple of weeks.

-Skylark

D

Der Rock

let me say that:

even if i could make a 7xgm in 1 day, i would never play constantly on siege.

u know why?
because i (and i think most of us fantasygame player also) dont like
to restuff 10 times a day,thats a totaly waste of playtime.

M

Midnight Rambler

restuff? you mean grab 2k worth of armor or perhaps throw on some jewls that you might have gotten fighting one of the thousand or so creatures that's out there? That doesn't sound at all like someone who played this game before trammel and insurance and quite frankly, doesn't know what UO really is about.

M

Midnight Rambler

I wouldn't get too excited using words like "REAL" when you are discussing something that existed in an online world. I think it's far more "real" to lose your stuff when you die in combat than it is to have to pay some insurance to keep it all. I think it's far more "real" to have to worry about being attacked when you venture anywhere in the world since, I don't know, it was probably a more dangerous time 600 years ago, or whenever they generally place the time frame of UO....

Whether the game was a mistake or not doesn't really matter at this point since we seem to have people that kind of enjoy playing the mistake. If you, as a hell of a fantasy game playing buff, don't enjoy the essence of what this game is then go join the rest of the 9 million or so that play WoW since this game with fellucia, and siege especially is certainly not for you.

Your problems seem to stem with the game itself, not this small problem like ROT for a niche shard like siege, so I suggest you take your passionate views to another thread.

D

Der Rock

------------------------------------------------
I wouldn't get too excited using words like "REAL" when you are discussing something that existed in an online world. I think it's far more "real" to lose your stuff when you die in combat than it is to have to pay some insurance to keep it all. I think it's far more "real" to have to worry about being attacked when you venture anywhere in the world since, I don't know, it was probably a more dangerous time 600 years ago, or whenever they generally place the time frame of UO....

Whether the game was a mistake or not doesn't really matter at this point since we seem to have people that kind of enjoy playing the mistake. If you, as a hell of a fantasy game playing buff, don't enjoy the essence of what this game is then go join the rest of the 9 million or so that play WoW since this game with fellucia, and siege especially is certainly not for you.

Your problems seem to stem with the game itself, not this small problem like ROT for a niche shard like siege, so I suggest you take your passionate views to another thread.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.i realy wish u and all other who ask for ROT change, that it will be changed
then maybe u will see here and there a new player on ure shard, but in the long term, siege and fel will be abandoned as it is

2.then where are that kind of people who enjoy that kind of mistake??
where are the 1000 and 1000 of player in fel or on siege?

3"go join the rest of 9mil wow..."
sure, that is the only argument wich came from pure fel or siege player, and with the same braeth u beg the dev´s to bring more flesh to fel or siege
do u not realize, that IF the rest of us would do what u say,uo would be closed in 3 month,because 5k of "that kind of player who enjoy this mistake"
are not worth for EA to keep uo alive?????????????????

4. what u call "essence" was the biggest drove-away of players for uo

5. it is lucky enough, that UO has so many room for different playstyles,that the majority kann ignore the siege/fel part of the game and have enough to do,explore,work or what ever they like to do in this game

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

let me say that:

u know why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, you've voiced your opinion time after time. Why do you feel the need to continue voicing your opinion on this OVER AND OVER when this doesn't concern you either directly or peripherally??? This is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, as it does not affect or concern you in any way. WE HEAR YOU, REALLY!! Now please move along with all the warm and fuzzy satisfaction you can muster, knowing you have been heard. We get it, you don't like Siege. But, WE DO. In fact, we HATE the style of play that YOU enjoy. Some people from Siege may make negative comments about the Trammel playstyle, but really, enough is enough. We are asking for a change that will benefit our shard, why do you insist on continually bringing this crap into these threads when, again, IT DOESN"T CONCERN YOU...? This is NOT a debate about playstyles, what the majority of who want what in a game, or someone asking your opinion on Siege. It is a thread asking for information on a very specific topic on a shard YOU DON'T PLAY ON.

Please, ponder something. Translate to German if it will sink in better. Ready? Here it is: "To each his own".

Now, Devs, Jeremy, Robert_EAMythic, Draconi, Leurocian, ANYBODY (but Der Rock), can we get an answer to this please?

D

Der Rock

--------------------------------------------------
original post Nico-SP:
----------------------------
The server is dying because none want to come here because it takes to long to build characters...please i beg you do something with ROT before we lose our whole community...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the Server is dying!

my reply´s are,because i dont think a ROT change will prevent Siege in the long term from dying completly.
i want that the dev-team dont spent to much of his short time to try to solve problems,wich cant get rescued
many mistakes was made in the past to "help " the pure so called "pvp-playstyle" in uo, and we all know that this drove more player away from uo that it helped this playstyle.

write it down on paper pls,read it again in 12 month

if siege get a ROT change,it will have a effect in the short term, but in the long term perspective it will not rescue siege!

M

Midnight Rambler

Seriously, I did throw out a thread a few weeks ago asking why people don't play Siege and I got some good responses. Most of us who concern ourselves with the shard, and those that are curious about it, figure that an ROT change would be huge. So, as crazy as that might seem to you, here we are asking for it.

Now, as to your insane insistence of throwing out the same opinion, I think you are only embarrassing yourself at this point. Your opinions are ignorant if you think that changing ROT is a "PvP Playstyle" fix. An ROT boost will benefit ALL types of players, crafters, pvmers, and pvpers alike... Not only do I think you are wrong about the long term potential benefits of this, not only for Siege but for EA in general (since it has been stated many times that Siege is the last stop before leaving the game, a sentiment that I hold as I consider whether or not to renew my account) but I don't even believe you should have an opinion on this matter. It is clear you don't play Siege or know its potential so I would ask that you stop trolling this thread and move on to some other topics, which being a fantasy role playing buff that you are, I think you can find something else to worry about.

D

Der Rock

so??
why is this post NOT in the SIEGE forum?

This post is in UO-HALL

i only post my impression,and thoughts,

forbidden ???????

I

imported_Prince Erik

<blockquote><hr>

so??
why is this post NOT in the SIEGE forum?

This post is in UO-HALL

forbidden ???????

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the thing to remember is that while Siege isn't the answer for everyone, it probably is the answer for many more people than the current population of Siege. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to make the transition to the Siege way of playing a little easier by offering either a change to RoT or a naked transfer (I like that one actually) to the shard to let people hit the ground running so to speak. There's nothing veteran in spending months building a character all over again. Most vets I know are pretty much done with that..

I don't think the Siege players want every single person in UO to play on their shard (ok, I'm SURE of that one *waves to Goron*
) but they do want people who would be a good fit but are turned off by the prospect of no housing, RoT or other initial factors that keep them from even trying.

-P.E.

G

<blockquote><hr>

forbidden ???????

[/ QUOTE ]

Post whatever you want, the point is you are posting against siege in general, we get it, you don't like the shard. Believe it or not there are players who DO like it and there are players (check this very thread) who have stated they stay away from siege because of ROT. No one on siege likes ROT, and it keep new people away, so we are looking for a change.

In closing we get your point, you don't seem to get ours.

D

Der Rock

-----------------------------------------------------------
There's nothing veteran in spending months building a character all over again. Most vets I know are pretty much done with that..
---------------------------------------------------------------------

hi,first, i NEVER sayd anything against changing of ROT or whatever,

and second: i know about skilling for vet-player and how boring this can be if u reached a skill gm or higher and u chose to make another character and u dont like to do this skill again.so
some times back, i think 2 years it was , i made on stratics post about,skilling for vet-player, it was like :

if a charakter reached once a specific skill at 100, it should be possible to buy this same skill by a vendor for the same acct
(maybe also on ANY shard but must be same acct.).
costs could be skill specific(u know mining would be cheaper then blacksmith or magic.)
if the dev´s would have implemented this idea it would had some side effects

A. some player NEVER had used that cheat.prog for skilling(and some not have lost acct´s .because banning for unattend skilling)

B.it was a PERFECT gold sink

D

Der Rock

----------------------------
.....so we are looking for a change...........
--------------------------------------------------

no, sry, but u dont tell the truth at all, if this pro siege thread´s in uo-hall would be only about siege specific problems, then they would be posted in the siege forum and get answered from Dev´s in this forum.
what i read in the past till today in uo-hall about siege-shard was and is everytime a beg to the dev´s ,how they could make it possible to bring
MORE people to siege, because siege player are bored to death.

that´s what i think

G

<blockquote><hr>

no, sry, but u dont tell the truth at all, if this pro siege thread´s in uo-hall would be only about siege specific problems, then they would be posted in the siege forum and get answered from Dev´s in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

We DID post this one the siege forum, MANY times. There have been like 8 10 pages threads about it on the siege forums in the last year.

Everyone knows that the only board that gets looked at regularly is Uhall.

<blockquote><hr>

what i read in the past till today in uo-hall about siege-shard was and is everytime a beg to the dev´s ,how they could make it possible to bring
MORE people to siege, because siege player are bored to death.

[/ QUOTE ]

OF course we want more players on the shard! Who doesn't! As such many many many many many people who want to play siege have said time and time again that the reason is that they don't like ROT. And to top that off none of us on siege like it either. So we come here to try (and fail) to get some dev attention.

HOW... MANY... TIMES...DOES... THIS... HAVE... TO... BE... SAID???

G

Siege RoT is mentioned in today's FoF!

<blockquote><hr>

"Can we ever get the RoT system adjusted/removed/looked at on Siege?"

(For non-Siege players, the RoT - Rate over Time - system is a method of limiting how fast players can gain skill on Siege-ruleset shards.)

This is something that has long been requested, and is definitely something we'd like to look at. I checked with the various Lords and Ladies of the Schedule, and it looks like we're not going to have time to get any changes in for the next publish, but I will continue to to bring it up for a publish after that. In the meantime, if you have specific opinions about the RoT system, send me feedback!

[/ QUOTE ]

-Skylark

D

Der Rock

-----------------
BTW thnx for the free bumps...
----------------------------------

u know that, and i know that,

and for the others:
i never understand, why some people are so against critisism,and discussion

sarcasm : could it be that discussion is not a beloved skill on siege ?

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

-----------------
BTW thnx for the free bumps...
----------------------------------

u know that, and i know that,

and for the others:
i never understand, why some people are so against critisism,and discussion

[/ QUOTE ]

No one has an issue with discussion, I think what you keep encountering is the issues people have with how ridiculously stupid you come off as and how ridiculously much you keep talking about something you claim has no importance. But, playing devils advocate is the way to win any argument as you so proudly flaunt...

So tell me why...

You love my style!

Seriously, we're all holding our breathes here waiting for the next intelligent thing you have to discuss!

Seriously!

G

<blockquote><hr>

let me say that:

u know why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Rock

Siege is not for you. If Siege was like you wanted it, it would not be Siege.
Siege is not for all
Siege is for players like me who enjoyed UO 1997-98, when Britainnia was a wild dangerous place.

Why do you care, you have the game you want on all non Siege shards.

G

*smiles* We did get a mention in the "Five for Friday". That was good to read. RoT will not make the next publish, but Jeremy did promise to keep it "on the stove" so to speak.

I understand there are a lot of things going on with our UO world. *nods* Just, please, do not forget about us.