• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Show off your Suit/Template! (some good info for new players)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I realize I am in danger of being the only one posting to this thread, but putting together a nice suit is one of the most fun things in the game for me, and the KR client has a really nice character sheet gump with all of the information on all of your suit mods, as well as great screen shot functionality (which I don't think the 2D client has). Forgive the blurriness, I tried to shrink it to a reasonable size. I think it is still readable. If it isn't, let me know and I'll redo it.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I guess all this information really should include skills. I have 32 skill points that come from my suit.

My suit is like my character, good in a lot of ways, but not spectacular in any one way, and I must admit, my resists aren't great, especially for pvp, but I manage anyway. Thankfully there aren't too many spells that target poison resists, and the ones that do aren't used as commonly as the others, with the exception of strangle, but I have remove curse to handle that.

If anyone wonders why I put so many points into dexterity, I must admit I have this stupid thing about dexterity that goes back to my pnp AD&D days, however, I pvp a lot on foot, so having more than just the minimum number of stamina points is a big help. Hopefully when I make my new armour after the next publish I'll get some stamina regen. That would be faboo (to quote an old friend)!

A

Al Thorin

Those resists are with Protection on btw. (-14 Physical Resist)

I would kill for a pair of vinecords right now

G

*whips off clothes to show his birthday suit*

Im very proud of my suit... especially this set of moles that look like mickey mouse...

*points at left butt cheek*

Yes yes.... Iz gotz a grand suit....

*rolls eyes*

A

Al Thorin

You scare me, and you probably scare small and large animals!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Leto, I liked my suit until I saw what you just posted. I didn't even know a suit like that was possible... *jaw drops*

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

? Is there something extreme about the suit?

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't find 185 extra skill points, 15 mana regen, 38 lmc, 6/2 casting, 13 hit regen, 60 sdi, 100% lrc, good resists, and more, extreme? No offence, but yours isn't even close to that (nor mine for that matter). That's just freakin' insane. But now that I look at it, I do see a weakness for pvp, but still...

G

Im a minority in my views as a tamer and as a long term citizen of Sosaria but to me these are nice suits that have been shared thus far yet......... I think the player/tamer that depends more on skill and less on suits, items, mods are far more impressive to me than one that is........ well OH look at me ..

Nothing wrong at all, just my personal taste........

A

Al Thorin

The second set of numbers are their skill caps.

They only have 760 skill, so that's +40 in skills. The same as what I have.

Now, 60 SDI -is- nice, but it's nothing extreme to be honest, but they do have a nice combination of a few high end mod sets.
High MR (as useless as that is now
), high HPR, high SDI.
No doubt it's a high end suit, it's just not geared the way I require

A

Al Thorin

While I agree with you on principle, I don't agree with you in practice.
A GOOD tamer is still a good tamer if they have a good suit. If it's within your power, a good suit enhances a players strength.

Heck, I built my suit in my space time since AOS.

I

imported_Leto

*Smiles Proudly* Thanks Llewen!

Look again though, it's probably not as extreme as you think. My suit 'only' has +60 skill bonus of which only 40 is actually usefull (+30 in magery and +5 each in taming &amp; lore. The other 20 is focus), not 185. I don't think it's even possible to get that much skill bonus on a suit.

My character was made for PvM, Peerless in specific. I have no defence against melee attacks other then a little 'dodge' you get from Eval Int and the 14% DCI on my shield. That's a huge weakness in PvP.
The lack of vetting can be partly made up for by spellweaving but it's another trade-off for offence over defence.
I'm very pleased with it still, the character is very versatile and powerfull for PvM.

G

<blockquote><hr>

While I agree with you on principle, I don't agree with you in practice.
A GOOD tamer is still a good tamer if they have a good suit. If it's within your power, a good suit enhances a players strength.

Heck, I built my suit in my space time since AOS.

[/ QUOTE ]

a suit doesnt make one know how to handle a pet/s or what a pet can handle and can not nor does it provide the wearer with the ability to keep a pet alive in all situations one may find themselves in....

Aftrer all we existed before the Age of Sh....t

again they are impressive suits... but like in the real world the price of the suit does not make the person...

I

imported_Leto

Right, that's the last time I'm gonna read one of your pointless trolls. Welcome to my ignore-list, Mircoelf.

A

Al Thorin

Course a suit doesn't make you -be- a tamer any better, but why a tamer (or any one else) good or bad, play with a subpar suit?

My suit was built according to how I play. Hence the 90 phys, and close to capped magic mods (PVP wise).

I can tell you this though, the suit sure as heck doesn't make me play any worse, so I fail to see the downside of having a good suit.

G

because we dont like item properties making things so easy? because even thou its limited we try to ...

I completely understand the need if one enjoys and does alot of pvp... but in pvm..

I have 100 plus LRC suits for my tamers and thats the only concern I have and those are for when I dont feel like straining the brain on remembering how many regents are in the bag at any given moment...dont care if there is luck or MR or what ever on them...

but again thats me and means no disrespect to anyone else...just dont see the need in them in what I enjoy in the game

So I believe I shall shut up now...hehe

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Naw, Microelf, I respect you not placing much importance on suits, there's nothing wrong with that, but I love stuff like that, so building the best suit I can is a big part of the fun for me.

<blockquote><hr>

The second set of numbers are their skill caps.

[/ QUOTE ]
Doh! I thought the second number was the modified skill. I had no idea how that was possible either, or that it was possible, I was just amazed. But still, a very nice suit, and as someone once told me, people don't realize how powerful sdi is in pvm.

As for you Al Thorin, yours is a very nice suit as well. The super high physical resist is very useful. I'm afraid that is the one thing that really sucks on my suit, the resists. That's one reason I am really looking forward to the changes to runics, I'm hoping I'm going to be able to improve my resists without losing any mods.

I

imported_Sarphus

My suit on my tamer is definitely something I need to work on. I basically built a 100% lrc suit and then tried to sneak in as much LMC and MR as I could. My resists are laughable, but resits aren't a mod I feel I need to have particularly high on a pvm tamer (though I see validity to strategies that involve high resits).

I'm working out details on a couple of tamer ideas and suit goals to have for those ideas.

One idea is a bushido/chiv/tamer, which is an exceptionally tight template and difficult to suit. That suit will focus on SSI, so I'm using assassin armor as the base. I will wear one of the artifact headgears (spirit of totem, glasses, etc) and either the jackals collar or some other crazy neckpiece. My jewlery will be focused on DI/HCI/DCI. More goes into that template than the suit, but I haven't worked out all the details yet, so I'm staying hush hush on that one. That template should be extreme DPS.

I have a tamer running classic 6x tamer templates. I almost always have him spec'd as either disco/tamer/mage, peace/tamer/mage, provoke/tamer/mage, or spellweaver/tamer/mage. I have an admittedly weak suit on this char, but he can still solo peerless... well he's solo'd 2 of em and I'm sure he could solo a 3rd if he got a little lucky. The power of this char's suit comes from high LMC, which allows me to continue to stack greater heals and vet on pets that are taking serious damage.

I have a mage/tamer that is mostly a pvp char. He runs a pair of bakes in conjunction with some hard hitting spells. He also has a pack of ostards for when I feel like pack boxing people. He's a very powerful pvp tamer and generally doesn't dismount people. I run this char with a pvp mage suit.

I've also run necro tamers in pvp with great success.

I'm poking around with a couple more tamer builds, but they're in the early stages, so I'll hold off saying what they are exactly.

I

imported_Leto

<blockquote><hr>

I'm afraid that is the one thing that really sucks on my suit, the resists. That's one reason I am really looking forward to the changes to runics, I'm hoping I'm going to be able to improve my resists without losing any mods.

[/ QUOTE ]The resists aren't that bad and as a tamer you shouldn't get hit too much anyway. I'd say your suit is very playable, though ofcourse improving your resists is never a bad thing.
I wouldn't count on the upcomming runics-changes making that much of a difference honestly. Barbed kits right now give 4 to 5 properties at 40% to 100% intensity. In the future that will be 50% to 100% intensity. So really only very slightly better.

A

Al Thorin

I found them to be next in line after LRC/LMC myself.
Of course, I'll give a little in resists to help other usefull mods like MR or DCI, but mid 60's is as low as I'm comfortable with.

I

imported_Sarphus

That's the thing... tamer is really a full-bodied character type. There are TONS of working strategies. I'm really hesitant to tell anyone that their strategy is bad, because I don't feel I've exhausted all the availible tamer types that work.

The thing I'm finding is that the hardcore tamer types require you to really wear the right suit, though. I'm working on a really crazy necro tamer build that I expect to really rock in a certain context (not pvp). What makes this template is the inspiration that spawned it (a suit)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm dropping the lrc. I'm down to 70 now, but hopefully I'll be able to bump that back up to 80 after the next publish. It's just an experiment. I know that with 70 lrc I can recall if I need to, so I'll never be stuck anywhere, but I'm still dependent on regs now. That may become a problem at spawns where I can be looted, or in pvp where a thief can steal regs. I don't know if anything in any of the peerless will loot.

If I find it too be too much of an issue, I'll just go back to 100% lrc and lose the extra mods from my spellwoven britches. After the next publish I should be able to make some pieces that will restore max lmc, so all I'll be losing overall will be 10 sdi and 5 med, but I'll have 120 magery and 110 spell resist (up from 116 and 100 respectively). So one way or another I think I will like what I've done.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Al Thorin, do you mind posting where you got your character sheet mod? Or if you did it yourself, do you have it available somewhere for download?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
As promised, my new template. I'm not altogether sure I'm happy with it. However, I think that after the next publish, I shall be able to improve on it.

G

Ok, here's mine. It's not the most fantastic and it is always in work but I don't take too many dirt naps with it. Well hiding and stealth helps a bit as well.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

No mod, just photoshop!

[/ QUOTE ]
That was the conclusion I came to, and as you can see, I made my own mod...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Changed one piece of armour for some slight changes. I can confirm that the changes to the suit from my first post kick butt in pvm. I always judge how well I am doing with my suit and my pets by how well I do against paragon succubi. I took two out in a row (not at the same time), and they were easy. I didn't even come close to running out of mana, and in fact the second time I was able to keep my puppy blessed, the succubus cursed, and attack with spells all without running out of mana. Woohoo!

Now the only problem I have really is with spawns. If I get killed and looted in a spawn I'm pretty much out of action because I need regs. If I can make the right pieces after the next publish I will go back to 100% lrc, but I will lose 10% sdi, 10 med, and 8 int, all of which will make a significant difference, but if I can get the right pieces I should still be well ahead of where I was before the changes.

Of course maybe I can learn how to get raided at a spawn without dying...

edit: I've decided 100% lrc isn't worth losing the 10% sdi, 10 med, and 8 int (spellwoven britches). I'm going to try to get back up to 80% lrc which should allow me to continue without too many spell failures if I get looted at a spawn. Ya, I know I'm a geek when it comes to this stuff...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just came to a horrible realization. The next publish isn't going to solve my suit problems. The intensities on the properties for the lower level kits are being changed, but the number of properties aren't being changed, and I will need the full five properties available only from high level kits to get the piece(s) I am looking for. So I guess it's back to saving up gold and buying all the high level kits I can afford. It could easily be years before I find that one piece I am looking for.

G

Vix, my offensive mana ho.

Bel, my defensive dci wench.

Edit = Added skill pages.

G

I was going to post my character sheet from KR too, but as soon as I clicked on the skills tab it crashed... Anyway...

My tamer is a mage/tamer, and loves to dump a surprisingly large amount of mana. Suit's not too bad, but I'd love to make it a little bit better - but I can't get rid of excess certain stats in exchange for others with the bits I have.

Skills are 120 Taming, Lore, Vet, Med, and then 115 Magery and Eval, all at real skill, with 125 str, 20 dex and 125 int.

Suit has 119 LRC (too much I know), 56 LMC (too much again), 50's resists in all, 8MR, Int +18, Mana +16 (so total 159), FC/FCR 3/6, 22% DCI, 26% RPD, Magery +15, SDI 15%, and night sight.

But the best bit? It's all dyable, and I don't have to wear a robe to cover horrible artifacts

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Nico, I had it in mind your main tamer was a peace tamer for some reason. I'm somewhat surprised to see you post templates for two mage tamers.

<blockquote><hr>

But the best bit? It's all dyable, and I don't have to wear a robe to cover horrible artifacts

[/ QUOTE ]
I wear a robe, but I like looking like some kind of drow monk.

G

I have zero peace-tamers. The vast majority of my tamers are mage/tamers. One archer/tamer, one t-hunter tamer, two stealth tamers with herding stoned &amp; ready for use. The couple of bard/tamers I do have are discord/tamers.

The skill delay between targetted peace and being able to begin taming a critter irks the everylovin' bejeebers outta me and I absolutely refuse point blank to endanger or interrupt others or their pets/summons by leaning on the area-peace crutch.

I very briefly had peace on one bard/tamer and since I was lead-taming everything anyway, it was a complete waste of skill points for me personally.

The peace/tamer template works for others, others are very efficient at the peace/tamer template, I am simply not one of them.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

The skill delay between targetted peace and being able to begin taming a critter irks the everylovin' bejeebers outta me and I absolutely refuse point blank to endanger or interrupt others or their pets/summons by leaning on the area-peace crutch

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why I never even considered a peace tamer. I think it was primarily because I don't like having multiple characters of the same type, so the mage tamer seems to me to be the most versatile of all the tamer templates. Also probably because I was able to get a mage tamer up and running faster, especially with regard to high level taming. From what I've seen, for the high level tames you really need 120 peace/music.

I

imported_Sarphus

peace tamers are actually very powerful in places with lots of spawn...

I like to peace-lock a bunch of the stuff my pets aren't fighting, so they aren't taking as much damage.

That being said, I have run disco-tamers a lot more than I have peace tamers. Provoke can be even more effective as a crowd control skill.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Another step in the evolution of my template/suit. I'm experimenting with this. I've basically said screw it to resists, and going with mods. So far I am doing well, even in pvp, although a strong greater dragon can fry me in one puff.

(The luck is with the bonus from a luck statue, so I think the luck is the same between the two. Upper skills are real, lower are modified.)

My old template for comparison.

So I gained 1 hit point, 8 stamina, 10 mana, 3 spell damage increase, 3 mana regen and 5 defence chance increase, and lost 49 points in resists. Am I a nutcase? Maybe, but so far it seems to be working well.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Discovered I had another piece of armour on another character that worked better than the arms I was wearing, so my fire resist is higher now (52), my phys is lower (50), and 8 points in stamina and 4 hit points are replaced with 7 extra mana.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well I'm doing some more screwing around, trying to get that perfect balance for a character that will be able to do well in both pvp and pvm. I decided that against really high end pvm content, I don't cast many offencive spells, I am much more concerned with keeping my pet alive. It is also clear that my resists were atrocious, and any improvement on that front would be a very good thing. I'm also having problems with certain hard hitting archers, and I think I can manage my mana, even if I drop some mana regen.

With all that in mind, I switched the wizards glasses for an aegis of grace, and the side benefit is I look more like a drow, and less like a post apocalyptic punk monk (say that five times fast...
). So without further ado, here is the latest version of my template. I now have 62 points in useful, extra skills (and I'm getting better at manipulating KR screenshots...).

So basically I improved my resists a small amount, lost 3 mana regen, 10 mana and 15 sdi, and gained 20 dci and 10 med. Whereas before the changes I made did more to strengthen me in pvm, this change will make me stronger in pvp because I almost never run out of mana in pvp. We'll see if this was a good trade off.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just for the fun of it, I just thought I'd show a pic of what I wear. I'll try and list prices of the items as well. While part of this is just for fun, I thought something like this might be useful for a newer player to see, so they can see what is available, and what the relative values of certain items are and how difficult they are to find.

Here is a detail of the unique pieces.

I'll list the approximate value of each item, and how hard they are to obtain.

<u>Artifacts</u>
Aegis of Grace (any race): 100,000 - moderately easy to obtain
Crimson Cincture: 19,000,000 - moderately difficult to obtain
Library Talisman: 4,000,000 - moderately difficult to obtain
Pendant of the Magi: 300,000 - easy to obtain
Quiver of Infinity: 100,000 - easy to obtain
Robe of the Equinox: 20,000 - easy to obtain
Rune Beetle Carapace: 2,000,000 - moderately easy to obtain
Spell Woven Britches: 500,000 - moderately easy to obtain
Staff of Pyros: 100,000 - easy to obtain
Stitcher's Mittens: 2,000,000 - moderately easy to obtain

<u>Unique Items</u>
Bracelet: 300,000 - difficult to obtain
Ring: 10,000,000 - extremely difficult to obtain
Horned Sleeves: 10,000,000 - difficult to obtain

Approximate Total Value: 48 mil

So for new players, only 5 out of the 13 items aren't easy to obtain. The most expensive item, the crimson cincture, is nice, but it isn't necessary, and without that in the picture, the whole suit becomes much more affordable. The point I am making is that you can put together a suit (your equipment) that works well, fairly easily, without spending a massive fortune.

The ring I was extremely lucky to find not long after I came back two years ago - I guess it was the UO gods welcome back gift. The bracelet I was lucky enough to find in Luna, without too much difficulty. The only piece that has really been a bug bear for me are the sleeves, which I have spent easily over 100 mil trying to make, but although it is difficult, you could find similar sleeves, that would be good, without doing what I have done.

The unique pieces are hard to find, but you can find pieces that will work almost as well, or just as well, or maybe even better, with a little bit of luck and astute shopping. The difficult part for new players is knowing what is available, and how the various mods work in different situations, with the various skills, and that is something that, regrettably, will likely only come with experience.

The greatest strength of this suit is the extra skill points (62), which really makes for a much stronger template overall. 5/2 casting, lots of mana, and a 120 weapon skill with 36 dci (defence chance increase), are also important. The weaknesses of this suit are low resists, especially energy, I have to use reagents (only 60 lrc - lower reagent cost), and mana regeneration is a problem in high end pvm situations.

The strength of the overall template is great flexibility. This template is good in both pvm (player vs. monster) and pvp (player vs. player situations). The weakness is that it there isn't any one thing it does astonishing well, it isn't specialized. I can farm pets, but not as well as other templates, I can pvp, but not as well as other templates, I can pvm, but again, not as well as other templates. Keeping my pets alive in high end situations where there are a lot of mobs (monster or beast), or area of effect attacks, or strong mobs that switch targets, can be a real challenge with this template.

One thing I haven't gotten into is powerscrolls. This character has eaten 5 120 powerscrolls (I use a bracelet to raise animal lore and veterinary to 120 for stable slots). 120 powerscrolls are expensive, and getting them other ways can be difficult. However, you can go a long way with 110 powerscrolls, and they aren't expensive or very hard to find.

G

Well, I don't play KR so I can't show those nice gumps ya'll have. No screenies, but here is my tamer's suit/skill:

120 Lore
120 Veternarian
115.2 Taming (slowly but surely getting to legendary lol)
115 Magery
120 Eval
120 Meditation
115 Resist/120 Music/120 Disco/120 Peacemaking (all on stones to interchange as needed for the particular task at hand)

All skills are real, nothing enhanced with jewelry.

Stats with items are 120 Strength, 15 Dexterity, 141 Intelligence

With stats/items 110 HP's, 15 Stamina, 171 Mana

Resists on suit are 67/65/70/63/74

101 LRC, 54 LMC, 9 MR, 42 SDI, 18 DCI

Artifacts/items:

Kasa of the Rajin
Pendant of the Magi
Ornament of the Magician
Stitcher's Mittens
Rune Beetle Carapace
Scrapper's Compendium (with +6 Intel)
Totom of the Void
Ice Blue/Ice White Vet Robe
Quiver of Infinity
Verite Heater Shield/Verite shield (the robes/shields interchanged for color coordination on various cu sidhes hehe)
Ring with some FCR and LRC (nothing fancy)
Sleeves/Legs are barbed leather, nothing uber but not crap either. The legs have 70 some resists and MR2, and I paid a fair chunk for those.

No idea on total cost, even with the decline in Doom arty prices this is still probably 30+ mill suit.

G

My templet now is
115 lore
115 vet
115 taming
100 fishing
100 lockpicking
100 cartography
100 magery

Curent armor is 60+ whit 900 luck, but i will ower time change it to 60+ resist and 100% LRC

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Lowered vet to 100 and raised med to 47.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Finally got something I have been looking for for awhile. I decided that since I'd already gone partway on giving up on lrc, I'd go one step further, and dropped the stitcher's mittens. I gained 2 more mana regen, and something I had been looking for for a long time, 3 stamina regen. I also improved phys, fire, and energy resists a small amount, although I dropped a ton of cold resist.

However, I am always on foot, and always running low on stamina, which makes me more vulnerable to strangle. I was hopeful that the +3 stamina regen would help with that, and it did. In fact it far exceeded my wildest hopes, and just that +3 stamina regen basically allows me to run around on foot as much as I want, without losing stamina. It has made a huge difference.

I was surprised that such a small amount of stamina regen made such a huge difference, to say the least. Basically before I would be down to half stamina, in under a minute, and if you look above you will see that I deliberately kept some dex so that I would have some stamina. That +3 in stamina regen basically enables my higher dex.

V

Vantobia

Can you give me an example of what kinda spells you are doing in a high end pvm situation to use up mana ? Even an example of what situation/pet your using would be really helpfull ! :)

Ta !

P.s sorry to drag up an old post, just returning from a long hiatus and trying to soak up new info !

Un updated version of this thread would be great ! :)

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I opened this thread and what did i see? It must have been something in KR that made me twitch. I immediately closed this thread.

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An old thread but fun to read back ;)

It seems my template got lost in the 'great stratics crash' though. So I'll re-post:

120 Magery (+30 from items)
120 Eval Int
100 Resisting Spells
120 Spellweaving
85 Meditation
105 Taming (+5 from items)
110 Lore (+5 from items)

Can you give me an example of what kinda spells you are doing in a high end pvm situation to use up mana ?
I have spellweaving in my template, those spells cost a lot of mana. Also, I have no vetting so I use a lot of mana healing my pet(s).
Depending on the situation I make a choice: Either I dump my mana on the mob, to kill it faster then it can kill my pet. Or I use my mana to help my pet by healing and buffing it.

Most used offensive spells: Wildfire, Word of Death, Harm, Fireball, Lightning, E-bolt, Flamestrike, Energy Vortex (when hunting with a beetle).

Most used defensive spells: Greater Heal, Bless, Cure, Gift of Life, Gift of Renewal.

V

Vantobia

Thanks Leto for that helpfull info. What is your gear like if I may ask ? I am trying to put together a suit at the moment. I have only been back for 2 days (after being away for 7 years) and still trying to read up on all the changes I have missed :p

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is your gear like if I may ask ? I am trying to put together a suit at the moment. I have only been back for 2 days (after being away for 7 years) and still trying to read up on all the changes I have missed :p
If you've just returned listing all the items/mods in my suit will probably only confuse you. Also, it is the result of several years of play. Not something you should be aiming for right off the bat ;)

Having said that, I can give you some advice what to look for. I'm going to assume your running some flavor mage/tamer template. That means your main concerns, in order of importance, are:

Lower Reagent Cost 100% (you could opt to carry reagents but I love LRC)
Faster Casting 2 (seriously, don't skimp on this)
Lower Mana Cost 40% (again, very important)
Faster Cast Recovery 4 to 6 (4 is workable, 6 is better)
Resists 50+ (as a tamer you should not get hit much so you can skimp on resists a bit)
Mana Regeneration (this extra)
Spell Damage Increase (a very nice bonus IF you have eval)

How far you can take your suit depends entirely on your budget.