• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Show off your Suit/Template! (some good info for new players)

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe

My Tamer Has a Wardrobe change every 3 days so how can i post her suit

the most important item my tamer has is 14 full soul stones and every possible skill you might want to use at gm or legendary except tame i never going past 105 that's all i need to control my pets with 120 lore and if i want to tame i have good 15 jewel to max me.

Gear well i can make most any outfit i need.

V

Vantobia

Thanks so much again guys for the reply.

Yeah my stats are pretty much where i left them 7 odd years ago.

Taming 108 (have jewellery to get to my 110max)
Lore 100 (have jewellery to get to around 108 but no cash for Powerscroll yet)
Med 100
Magery 95
Vet 93
Eval 60
Resist Spells 50

Not 100% sure where I was headed with it so any guidance would be appreciated. Also what do you all recommend for skills ? Is Int or Str better to be highest? How low to go with Dex ?

My gear/ suit at the moment is very ordinary. Basically a luck suit (but only around 800 luck) as I am trying to get gear from hunting the Artic Ogre lords(easy pickings) with my Dragon(regular) and Nightmare combo.

So all that now said, any chance for some tips on the following?

*Help with template and what to build on /change next
*Str/int/dex setup ?
*Affordable/easy to obtain gear that I could pick up right away
*Places/monsters/spawns to hunt to get good Tamer gear or gold to buy it.

Thanks to anyone in advance who decides to help out ! :)

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some template advice:
That's a pretty standard mage/tamer you are building there. It's very solid and will serve you well in many situations. My best advice is to just keep going in this direction.
It's pretty much the same as my template, only I run spellweaving in favor of vetting. That isn't something I'd recommend for a (re-)starting tamer though.

Stat allocation:
Put everything towards Strenght and Intelligence. Keep dexterity at 10, you have no use for it as a tamer.

Affordable gear:
I'm sorry, I'm definitely not the best person to answer this one. The best advice I can give you is to look at the suits of other tamers, take notes of the items they use and try figure out how much they cost.
I will list my suit below, with some estimated prices.

Hunting spots:
Personally I like doing peerless, specially the Shimmering Effusion, but you need a (small) group of players for that. The same goes for Champion Spawns, though it's easier to find an 'ad hoc' group for that.
Somebody else will surely be able to point you towards some good solo/Farming hunting spots.

My suit:
Hat of the Magi (obtainable in Doom, about 2-3mil)
Pendant of the Magi (craftable, about 500k)
Leather Tunic (2hpr, 2mr, 17% lrc, 5/22/9/14/7 resists) (craftable, don't know the price, very expensive)
Leather Sleeves (2hpr, 2mr, 10% lrc, 22/10/5/15/8 resists) (craftable, don't know the price, somewhat expensive)
The Inquisitor's Resolution (stealable from Doom, about 35mil)
Leather Leggings (1mr , 20% lrc, 19/25/8/6/8 resists) (craftable, don't know the price, somewhat expensive)
Pads of the Cu Sidhe (minor artifact, about 25k)
Crimson Cincture (peerless artifact, about 15mil)
Crystalline Ring (peerless artifact, about 20mil)
Ornament of the Magician (obtainable from Doom, about 10mil)
Birds of Britannia Talisman (obtainable from the library collection, about 2mil)
Scrapper's Compendium (+10 magery, +4 int, 14% lrc) (craftable, don't know the price, very expensive)
Arcane Shield (obtainable from Doom, about 2mil)

Like I said in my previous post though; this suit is the result of several years of playing. You can get a good suit for much less then this. I'd say about 10mil should get you there.

V

Vantobia

Hey thanks for that Leto, very informative. As for the stats again though. Should I run more Int or more Str ? No doubt ill have more questions down the track :) Thanks mate.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Archer/Tamer:

Template (with a 705 skillcap)
-----
115 Animal Taming (108.9 right now)
115 Animal Lore
115 Magery
100 Archery (120 with Hunter's Headdress)
100 Tactics
80 Chivalry
80 Veterinary

85 STR
90 DEX
80 INT

Human

Weapons
-----
Crossbow - SC/HLL 28/SSI 40/DI 40

Heavy Crossbow - SC/HML 31/SSI 35/DI 30

Suit
-----
Hunter's Headdress
Pendant of the Magi
Rune Beetle Carapace
Conjurer's Trinket
Runic-crafted Arms/Gloves/Legs
Ring of the Vile
Ornament of the Magician

which gives me:

100% LRC
35% LMC
2 FC
3 FCR
40% HCI
20% DI (without weapon)
+16 DEX
+10 INT
+1 STR
2 HPR
6 SR
9 MR
10 Mana Increase
22 Stamina Increase

50/56/62/51/55

Ideally I would like to change the Ring of the Vile for one with HCI, 2 FCR, Poison resist and +DEX or DI but no luck finding one so far :( Plus a Crimson Cincture would be nice, when I can afford it :D