• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Show me your Uber Sampire Suits !!

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost

Each piece of non medable armor will provide lower mana cost with the exception of woodland armor. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will provide a percentage which is not subject to the lower mana cost cap of 40. The armor pieces which provide the most lower mana cost will take priority.

1. Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor provides 1% of lower mana cost per piece.

2. Studded leather, hide armor, stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of lower mana cost per piece.

http://www.uo.com/article/Publish-81-Patch-Notes
I haven't done too much research on the new patch or played around with armor combos yet so bare with me.

Does this mean that theoretically you can have a potential 55 LMC if someone was wearing all studded armor, for example?

If this is the case it seems that I may have to regear out my ABC archer completely.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am testing a studded armor suit with mace & shield glasses on Origin. I am currently rocking 50 LMC. Yes, 55 LMC is the max with studded armor. Ironically, my current issue has nothing to do with pub 81; I am low on HCI. I need a Conjurer's Trinket on Origin and essence of persistence. Oh i miss those 20 HCI jewels from the early days of Shame. i also need an artifact apron (crimson or tangle). I made my test suit without enhancing and reforging. You can do a lot with the extra resists in horned and barbed leather. I have not tried using metal armor yet.

Last edited:

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I am testing a studded armor suit with mace & shield glasses on Origin. I am currently rocking 50 LMC. Yes, 55 LMC is the max with studded armor. Ironically, my current issue has nothing to do with pub 81; i am low on HCI. I need a Conjurer's Trinket on Origin and se essence of persistence. Oh i miss those 20 HCI jeqels from the early days of Shame. i also need an artifact apron ( crimson or tangle). I made my test suit without enhancing. You can do a lot with the extra resists in horned and barbed leather. I have not tried using metal armor yet.
Interesting figures.

I'll have to try assembling pieces and see what happens. Since I run an ABC archer without med/focus and a Bard with Focus for my mana regen, these changes in LMC per piece of armor are very appealing.
Just wish most of my bard's high end luck pieces [Armor of Fortune, Jester Hat, Mempo of Fortune, etc.] weren't all "mage" armor...

I'm assuming the answer is no, but do you think there's any benefit to wearing metal armor over studded, bone, hide, and stone armor for a character that isn't directly in melee combat?

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a temporary studded ABC archer suit while waiting on Pub 81. It pretty much went with Stam/Mana/LMC +7's, MR/SR of 1/2, and did not go the enhance route (just used horned/barbed from the beginning). I was surprised how well it actually turned out. I didn't PoF it either (everything is in the 40's for durability). So, I may just keep rocking it until it breaks and then I'll craft the new "uber" suit.

My issue will be that the ABC Archer is an R/P character in Chessy's RBG unit. That means I may lean towards replacing M&S with a reforged/imbued cap, Corgul's Sash with a non-modded RBG sash, no robe, and possibly even drop the Crimmy. That really reduces the suit's over-all effectiveness, but the [theorized] 55 LMC, 8 MR, 9 SR, 48 Stamina, 32 mana, 30 HCI/DCI won't be anything to sneeze at, in the end.

Last edited:

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting figures.

I'll have to try assembling pieces and see what happens. Since I run an ABC archer without med/focus and a Bard with Focus for my mana regen, these changes in LMC per piece of armor are very appealing.
Just wish most of my bard's high end luck pieces [Armor of Fortune, Jester Hat, Mempo of Fortune, etc.] weren't all "mage" armor...

I'm assuming the answer is no, but do you think there's any benefit to wearing metal armor over studded, bone, hide, and stone armor for a character that isn't directly in melee combat?
More testing may be needed, but in theory the only bonus metal is offering over studded/bone/hide is extra stamina loss reduction. But since you are saying the character won't be in direct melee combat, that bonus may not be noticed. I think you could still make a decent metal suit for the archer (heavy archer?), but it may not be the "perfect" fit.

(Personal Opinion Warning!) I think Studded/Bone/Hide is the way to go for a non-meditation archer. And as to the Bard with focus, it's a toss-up between studded/bone/hide (55 LMC) and leather/leaf/cloth (mana regen from Intelligence).

Also, you can now remove "mage armor" from pieces for the cost of 250k. From the Pub 81 release notes:

Mage Armor Update:

Mage armor has been removed from imbuing, reforging, and enhancing. Armor now can be converted to and from Mage Armor by paying a Mage guild master 250,000 gold. Applying mage armor is still subject to the armor not having more than four properties or not being an artifact. Mage Armor now has an imbuing weight of zero.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
No, I don't think so. The inherent LMC bonus for tailor crafted non-med armors is more helpful if you don't have med or take advantage of JOAT med on a human char.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm thinking of a mixed suit using:

- Mace and Shield Glasses (it is all about the HLD)
- Woodland Gorget with 10 HCI
- Studded Chest (Bonus 3 LMC)
- Studded Arms (Bonus 3 LMC)
- Studded Gloves (Bonus 3 LMC)
- Platemail Legs (Bonus 1 LMC)

If I got my base to 40 LMC this still gets me to 50 LMC. I find that it is easier to reforge HCI or DCI on metal armors (runic hammers are easier to acquire). The Woodland gorget is an Oak Reforged piece with 5 HCI with a successful enhance with heartwood to 10 HCI (not all Heartwood enhances will add HCI). Spined Runic Sewing Kits should work for HCI/DCI or other reforged mods on the studded leather. For both the Studded and Plate pieces I would enhance following reforging & imbuing with the Forged Metal Tool. I still need a Conjurer's Trinket, but this mitigates my HCI issues somewhat. At least this is my initial plan at the moment...

Last edited:

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Also, you can now remove "mage armor" from pieces for the cost of 250k. From the Pub 81 release notes:

Mage Armor Update:

Mage armor has been removed from imbuing, reforging, and enhancing. Armor now can be converted to and from Mage Armor by paying a Mage guild master 250,000 gold. Applying mage armor is still subject to the armor not having more than four properties or not being an artifact. Mage Armor now has an imbuing weight of zero.
This is the first that I've heard about being able to remove the "mage armor" quality from armor. That's great news for some of my pieces from my luck suit and other pieces that I've found while Shame farming.

I'm going to have to look up the figures for how much mana regen while wearing "mage armor" from Intelligence. I've never heard that there was a passive regen from Int before.