• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Show me your Uber Sampire Suits !!

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm looking for suggestions on how to go about Building a Sampire Suit & figured it coudln't hurt to Ask what other's are currently using. If you want to post just the "End Result" Stats / Mods of the suit or even the pieces used that would be appreciated.. Also.... Do people find the Basilisk Hide Breastplate Very useful? I've considered adding it in but wasn't sure.

Thx.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Virtue Armor, Wraith of the Dryad, +30 DCI Jewelry, & Quiver of Infinity.

You`d be suprised what you can do with minium gear.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Afraid I don't have a suit as 1337 at some folks, but my suit is a nice, mid-priced option. Altogether, I think I burned about 5 to 8 barbed kits for my neck, chest, arms, and gloves. After imbuing, I ended up with the following suit:

45 dci, 43 hci, 180 stam, 60 di (+40 on all weapons), 30 hld, 20s lmc, 4 mr, high 60s resists, and around 20 hpi. Not a bad suit, especially considering that I made it in 2 or 3 hours for under 30 mil.

Arties--I'm using mace and shields, conjurer's trinket, leggings of fey, crimmy, quiver of infinity, and cloak of death. These are all fairly cheap, with the exception of the conjurer's trinket (depending on your shard).

J

[JD]

thunderz probably has the nicest woodland armor set....

me i went with barbed and made a caster sampire so i can do sampire/warrior stuff as much as cast necro spells. pretty happy with it.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My suit is not as uber at Thunderz, but this is what I run on my main sampire. There is no enhancing involved.

I have a new suit for a copy of Stupid Miner's Sampire with SS and Archery. That char runs a similar suit, except with one heartwood piece (with 5 HCI to hit 45 HCI) and additional resists to account for physical resist loss due to running in protection. Other than that, very similar suit. I included my Navrey war axe which I love for the AI damage. And I have my Miasma diamond mace.

Just to give you some ideas for something a little less extreme than Thunderz' suit and better than the pre-imbuing patchwork suits we all used to create.

-OBSIDIAN-

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks alot for the pics... now I have something to brainstorm from heh.. I'll look at em & post what I come up with heh..

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I took a look at these pics again. Thunderz and Podolak, how are you getting your STR and DEX to 150 each. I don't count enough skill points in your suit to get the values you show. Are you buffed using pots when you took your pictures?

-OBSIDIAN-

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Podalak is probable using pots. Thunderz totals do add up but he doesen`t have 150 str.

J

[JD]

Hi, Thunderz suit appears to have only 7LMC in it- is that correct? I'm having a few troubles with my Sampy which I attribute to not enough HP and stats. I made an investment and have 35 LMC (5 imbues of 7 LMC). Was this a mistake? I could have put +5 HP instead, and bumped up my +mana too.

Also I'm not too familiar with the Classic client but he either appears to have 150 str and 149 hp, or vice versa. I'm very curious if he's potted or what is going on here. Those are some serious stats for a non faction sampire.

thanks

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nop no buffs, they all add up

str:
trinket 1 str
m&s 10
braclet 8
ring 8
= 27 ontop if base 125 = 152

Dex:
tinkers 5
m&s 5
braclet 8
ring 8
crinson 5
= 36 ontop of base 120 = 156

Thunderz

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Podalak's screenshot is +30 from pots. Thunderz has 24 HPI. His Strength is 150, so he's getting 50 HP base + 150/2 + HPI = 149. Looks right to me.

By the way, I'm jealous of all your suits.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I count 12 lmc on thunderz suit, but i think it doesnt matter with the weapons he does use. The 149 hp are because he has only 24 hpi. Really a nice piece of craftsmanship. 15 ssi on suit and max str/dex without pots are really nice to have, but the effort it took in both time and gold to achieve this is a bit insane i think.

I did take a bit different approach for my fencing sampire. Used
M&S Glasses
Tangle
Quiver
Trinket
Cloak of Death
and imbued dragonscale / metal armor.
Result is 43 hci/dci, 5 ssi, +15 necro, 40 lmc, hld from glasses.
167 stam, 142 hp ,47 mana with current stats and human char, 180 stam,150 hp after pots.
Armor is still not perfect, think i can get another imbuing slot and a bit more stam / mana out of it if i do it in metal and without dragonscale next time.

Think im not going to use anything else then leafblades against serious stuff, so im fine with the stamina as it is, i like my 12 mana cost feint/ai more.

Edit: All 70 resist and 59 di without weopaon of course

J

[JD]

I looked at his suit and most his pieces are not enhanced. it looks like he did his enhancement on the gloves cause it has 6 mods. and the gloves would be the good place to do them as it takes the least wood to keep remaking them. damn fine piece of craftmanship imo.

i just GM'd lumberjack, I think I am gonna redo my suit. the whole casting sampire hasn't been working out too well. plus less buttons is less things for me to !#@!@#! up on. haha. its time to work carpentry up to GM. anyone know how long/hard that mght be? i bought like 60k boards, and I'm LJing for special wood (heartwood etc)

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looked at his suit and most his pieces are not enhanced. it looks like he did his enhancement on the gloves cause it has 6 mods. and the gloves would be the good place to do them as it takes the least wood to keep remaking them. damn fine piece of craftmanship imo.

i just GM'd lumberjack, I think I am gonna redo my suit. the whole casting sampire hasn't been working out too well. plus less buttons is less things for me to !#@!@#! up on. haha. its time to work carpentry up to GM. anyone know how long/hard that mght be? i bought like 60k boards, and I'm LJing for special wood (heartwood etc)
All of mine are imbued then enhanced so i could get max resists and stats.

Ill try posting the picture here for you JD as im not sure how to make mine show up better.

And here are the two links to your other question. Thought it would be easier to put it here as other will probably find info from it.

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-warrior/209473-question-thunderz-about-imbued-armor.html#post1774165

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-warrior/182002-making-perfect-woodland-sampire-suit-questions.html

EDIT it didnt work it just shows it as a thumb nail, not sure how to post it from stratics as a picture not an attachment sorry :(

Thunderz

Attachments

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for explaining how Podolak got his screenie.

I'm quite fond of my 40 LMC suit. I run with the max weapons special bonus too so I can chain 3-5 AI in a row before having to throw in a LS.

I'm working on my secondary sampire on Origin now. Due to a lack of available relic frags and essences for sale I'm going to try imbuing HPI, STI, MI and additional resists on each barbed leather piece of my new suit. I do plan to put 30 HCI and 25 DCI spread across the ring & brace but that will be it for relics so I only need about 18 total. Of course this also depends on me finding a Conjurer's Trinket and M&S Glasses on Origin for the suit too. I think this will work without the 40 LMC as I'll have a relatively large mana pool for a sampire (70ish), 145 HP, and 165-170 stamina.

-OBSIDIAN-

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Podo's suit is with pots, sorry forgot to mention that in this thread, had posted it in the other. Yes +20 str and +20 dex from Strength/Agility pots. I use or do not use the agility pots depending on my weapon/target.

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thunderz! Must Have That Suit!

I been going over your suit, breaking it all down. I got most of the pieces except the replica's.

However, I had a few questions. When tally'ing up the suite I get the following total resists: 84,95,70,83,69. And looking at the various pieces it looks like you imbued poison on the gorget. Im curious as to why you didn't go with energy and cap that out?

Also, have you looked into earrings of Protection? That's currently an unused slot for you.

Looking it over and think I can hack together a workable set until I could aquire the replica's and the tinker legs - I had no idea there was a leg piece out there with 10ssi on it!

Thanks,
Q

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also.... Do people find the Basilisk Hide Breastplate Very useful? I've considered adding it in but wasn't sure.

Thx.
No lmc, just weapon leech. 10 ssi on armor (ring and cloak) Race is elf for the mana bonus. Conjurers garb / trinket woodland legs and gorget (one with hit, one with 10 damage increase) Most of my weapons i craft for 55 damage increase, as it frees up jewel room along with the woodland armor. Mace and shield for the hld (i did some testing and found it really helps) crimson Fire resist is a bit higher than 95. I sometimes swap out rings for ep (i rarely use potions except to solo peerless)

Would have to look, but i know i have over 180 stam, maybe 155 hp, and just the base elf mana.

Im a fan of the basilisk hide. Along with the cloak the eaters save my ass sometimes. The 5% dci is great, the other stats fit with a sampire. I like it.

J

jaashua

I thought STR above 125 counted as HPI from items and went towards the 25 HPI cap. Am I wrong? Does it not matter if your STR is natural or not in calculating your base HP before HPI from items?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Str determines your HP with the formula (Str / 2) + 50, Str is capped at 125 base and 150 from items, so the most HP you can get from Str is 125.

HP Increase is added on afterwards and is capped at 25.

The Provoke Mastery spell song Invigorate can give up to 26 more HP (as well as other stuff) depending on the number of bard skills you have over 100.

Wolf/Bake Kitsune Animal Forms from Ninjitsu can give another 20 HP (as well as other stuff).

So the most HP you could get is 196. Idk if the High Seas Magic Fish Pies can go over that as I didn't buy it.

J

jaashua

Thanks man. I'm going to start building my suit once I transfer to Pacific tomorrow.

S

Smurcoch

Hey Thunderz,

quick question, What would did you enhance with to get the hit Chance increasE?

I did my suit with bloodwood, and I got HPR2 on all my pieces.

S

Smurcoch

I'm not sure how to take pictures and post so, I'm going to type it all out....

I have two suits I use.

Both use these pieces.....

shroud of the Condemed, Crimson Cinture, Conjour's Trinket, Mace and Shield glasses.

Then my pieces are:

hands (first pair):
HPI 5
SI 8
HPR 2
LMC 7
LRC 18
Phy - 10
Fire - 15
Cold - 11
Poison - 20
Energy - 10

Hands (2nd pair):
HPI 5
SI 8
MI 8
HPR 2
LMC 5
Phy - 9
Fire - 15
Cold - 12
Poison - 21
Energy - 10

Chest (first one):
HPI 5
SI 8
HPR 2
LMC 7
LRC 18
Phy - 13
Fire - 15
Cold - 9
Poison - 9
Energy - 19

Chest (2nd suit):
Rune Beetle Carpace

Arms (first set):
HPI 5
SI 8
HPR 2
LMC 7
LRC 18
Phy - 12
Fire - 15
Cold - 17
Poison - 11
Energy - 11

Arms (2nd set):
HPI 5
SI 8
MI 8
HPR 2
LMC 5
Phy - 11
Fire - 25
Cold - 7
Poison - 10
Energy - 12

Gorget (1st set):
MI 8
SI 8
HPR 2
LMC 7
LRC 18
Phy - 13
Fire - 14
Cold - 16
Poison - 11
Energy - 11

Gorget (2nd Set):
HPI 5
SI 8
MI 8
HPR 2
LMC 5
Phy - 11
Fire - 14
Cold - 18
Poison - 12
Energy - 11

Legs (1st set):
MI 8
SI 8
HPR 2
LMC 7
LRC 18
Phy - 11
Fire - 25
Cold - 8
Poison - 12
Energy - 9

Legs (2nd set):
HPI 5
SI 8
MI 8
HPR 2
LMC 5
Phy - 11
Fire - 25
Cold - 7
Poison - 10
Energy - 12

So.....

1st set is:

70/69/70/70/70

I'm an elf.

hit points is 140
Stamina is 190
Mana is 51

2nd suit is:

70/68/69/65/70

HP is 140
stam is 182
Mana is 72

That is basically it.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
posted mine a while back, but Smurcoch, did you enchance your wooden armor with bloodwood? (i know could have been heartwood cause of random mods)
Reason i ask is because im wondering if lower levels of wood have a higher chance of successful enhance. I was thinking of enhancing some wood armor just for the resists if this is the case.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like that was heartwood enhanced to get the HPR2. I have a suit for a dexxer that is all HPR2(22 total I think) with 90 RPD.

To answer the question above this a bit heartwood will give the hit chance.

S

Smurcoch

hey Smoot,

I did it all with Bloodwood.

I failed about 2 out of three times.

But the mods I did, really were not that expensive. The hardest thing was getting the boura pelts.

The luminesent I have ton of from training lumberjack for a long time.

Bark I think I have something like 6000 or something crazy

S

Smurcoch

It looks like that was heartwood enhanced to get the HPR2. I have a suit for a dexxer that is all HPR2(22 total I think) with 90 RPD.

To answer the question above this a bit heartwood will give the hit chance.
is it rare that you get the hit chance?

I enhanced a piece with heartwood, and go no mods.

I also tried frost, and got nothing.

To answer the other question, I did with bloodwood, so I am not sure if success is more often on lower end wood, as blood is almost the top level.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm you should have gotten some mods from any type of wood, even if it was just resists.

Heartwood has a number of random mods you can get, Luck 40, Durability 50%, Lower Requirements 20%, Damage Increase 10%, Hit Chance Increase 5%, Mage Armor. So thats 1/3 less chance at least to get a usable mod.

Im thinking i might just mess around with bloodwood, get the extra fire resist, be assured to get a somewhat useful stat, and maybe have stuff break less.

This is really turning into a crafting forum post haha

Anyway, very nice armor :)

S

Smurcoch

Does frostwood give you any valuable mods?

I've enhanced a few pieces with heartwood, and I got my first 10% DI piece.

I've failed about 7 times out of 10 though.

I've suceeded 4 times with heartwood, and got no mod, mage armour, lower requirements and DI10%.

I tried to insure the pieces to see value, and I have been having a hard time getting insurance value over 600 for the heartwood pieces, where my blood wood are into the mid-700's for insurance cost.

I know that means nothing, but what it means to me, is they are better pieces!

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think that frost does anything special though you can just build a piece normally and see but no one runs with that stuff so.....

The time you saw no mod might have just been in durablity. If you already PoF'd to 255 I don't think it goes over so you would not see it. For a sampire I see little value in HPR2 as a mod, for a pvper there can be something but I would rather see other mods before this.

I've done hundreds of seperate imbue's with most of them breaking. All of mine are around 498 points before the enhance and only a slight amount of the ones that survived have found a way into my suit. Lots of my guild members are running in the other pieces and are very happy.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
frostwood gives you really high cold resist, which is like freeing up an extra mod. i did my tunic on my sampire in frostwood.

You guys that imbue the full pieces and then try to enhance with heartwood for hci or di are nuts.

S

Smurcoch

yah, that is what I am finding.

I have been successfull on about 10 heartwood enhances so far, and failed on about 40-50.

Starting to get pretty costly in the POF dept.

I so far have 2 hit chance increase hands, and one DI chest.

Rest really are not worth mentioning.

I think it will be a lot harder to get the mods I want, and the resists as heartwood tends not to give as much resist bonus. Or maybe that is all in my head...

S

Smurcoch

You guys that imbue the full pieces and then try to enhance with heartwood for hci or di are nuts.
ha ha ha

I can see your point, it is VERY hard to get the desired resists and hope for the HCI bonus.

However, the way I'm looking at it is:

I have a ton of luminest fungi (lumberjacking) and jewels are super easy to get and cheap.

I imbue lmc first, so I hardly use any relic frags, and enchanted essence is fairly cheap, and residue is almost free for the resist mod.

I do SI 8, MI 8, HPI 5, and LMC 5 and one resist.

Really, with exception of POF costs, really it is pretty cheap to make.

Could end up with some killer pieces.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ha ha ha

I can see your point, it is VERY hard to get the desired resists and hope for the HCI bonus.

However, the way I'm looking at it is:

I have a ton of luminest fungi (lumberjacking) and jewels are super easy to get and cheap.

I imbue lmc first, so I hardly use any relic frags, and enchanted essence is fairly cheap, and residue is almost free for the resist mod.

I do SI 8, MI 8, HPI 5, and LMC 5 and one resist.

Really, with exception of POF costs, really it is pretty cheap to make.

Could end up with some killer pieces.
Yes all of my heartwood pieces are 8 LMC, 8 Stam, 8 Mana, 5 HPI. With those all capped, it doesn't leave a whole lot left in terms of intensity. What I did was make heartwood pieces until I got the base resists I wanted AND HCI/DI. Then imbued my 4 properties on.

I don't know that I need more properties than that?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a few links way back of the process it took me to make my suite (dont have time to find a link) but it works out at about 50mill per piece and 1 in 40 having the HCI added after imbuing 5 resists/stats.

It could be alot cheeper to imbue the expensive stuff first then enhance and "NOT" the other way round if you have constant income, as you can replace it regulaly as the pof is the expensive part.

My suite hasnt gone below 240/240 durability yet and i made it nearly a year ago at a cost about 250million if i had brought all the stuff in luna but its gona last forever! If you dont have that disposable income, go the root of not pof'ing and replace it as and when you need to (you will still probably only be replaced 4 times a year at a cost of less than 1 mill)

Hope that sheds some light.

Thunderz

S

Smurcoch

I hear ya there!

Luckily I have done some bods and have about 200 POF's at my disposal, so I have not really needed to buy the POF's hence why I am thinking it is not much of a cost for me.

That being said, I do not recomend this method to anyone else, as it is painfull.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here now, i made my first suite when SA came out.

Now i just build my suits for all my chars as Disposable and replace the pieces as and when need. It takes the pof issue out of the equation, after only loosing 15*255 durability in a whole year of play its a much cheeper option.

Thunderz

N

NoBuddy

Been gone awhile, so relearning pretty much all of it. Does Sammy need to be elf? What is gain other than the mana?

D

Decs0r

i have tried imbued woodland suits for my sampire and whilst it acheives max swing speed (180+ stam) i prefer to wear an assassisns suit, with an imbued gorget, mace and shield , turq ring, ranger cloak, and settle for a lower stam (163) and have an ornate swinging with 60% ssi, gives max swing speed, and when ur down on stamina maintains a better swing speed. certainly as regards blackrock golems i struggle in an 182 stam woodland suit (using the same weapon) and find them a lot easier in my assassins suit, taking 10-12 mins on average to solo.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i have tried imbued woodland suits for my sampire and whilst it acheives max swing speed (180+ stam) i prefer to wear an assassisns suit, with an imbued gorget, mace and shield , turq ring, ranger cloak, and settle for a lower stam (163) and have an ornate swinging with 60% ssi, gives max swing speed, and when ur down on stamina maintains a better swing speed. certainly as regards blackrock golems i struggle in an 182 stam woodland suit (using the same weapon) and find them a lot easier in my assassins suit, taking 10-12 mins on average to solo.
But with Woodland you can get the extra mods that help a ton like HPI, MI, LMC, HCI. All that good stuff.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But with Woodland you can get the extra mods that help a ton like HPI, MI, LMC, HCI. All that good stuff.
When using ornate, you only do ls and dont need mi,lmc,cap hci.

And i still do not get that. Did look at swingspeed back and forth for 45 and 60 ssi and different stam levels.
With assasins suit, he has a stam buffer that is 10 points larger then with woodland suit. Cannot belive that this makes a big difference against the golems.
Dont know how many he did try, maybe it was just strong golem vs weak golem.

D

Decs0r

i think i've done maybe 60 golems, i confess tho i only tried 4 i think in a woodland suit, so its possible i just got unlucky there and pulled tough ones. i wasnt saying the assassins suit was necessarily the better way to go, i just prefer it personally (part of me just likes wearing it as a set anyways), and it still makes the basis for a great sampire suit (that you dont need to be an elf for - i am tho as it happens).

"When using ornate, you only do ls and dont need mi,lmc,cap hci." - gotta agree with this ,the only time i miss lots of lmc is just after rezzing, but i carry a mana phase orb with me, so i can vamp form for 0 mana, leaving the rest of my mana for a confidence or 2, then back into the fight.

J

[JD]

you can be in factions and wear the earrings which allow humans to wear elf armor.

E

Elias Morbid86

Wow kinda new to this sampire thing been reading alot of these threads and what not. All I know is I feel like throwing my suit away after reading this thread lol. You guys have amazing suits I need to step my game up to compete. I think alot of my problem is i need to get some better weaps too and suit. Anyways nice suits everyone :party:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The nice thing about sampires is that they are pretty viable, even with less expensive suits. Just remember your basics: 45 dci, mind your swing speed/stamina, keep your EOO/consecrate up, spam lightning strike, etc. If you search around a bit, you'll find a wealth of info on sampires.

How's it going with your character, btw?