• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Should we have to join a specific faction to partake in an event?

Should we have to join a specific Faction to peratake in an event

• Yes

Votes: 78 51.3%
  • No

Votes: 74 48.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Erm...my only problem right now is deciding which account and char to join SL with... So they've succeeded in sucker'g me into trying factions out... heh

Factioneers watch out! One shark bait in-coming!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel obligated to prevent this meeting from happening on Great Lakes.

My guild (Minax), and my guild's alliance, will be grinding the entrance to your strong hold.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My guild (Minax), and my guild's alliance, will be grinding the entrance to your strong hold.
*Furiously trying to figure out how to gain rank/silver to buy a faction rune*

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

lol

Defending the Lady Minax against those usurpers to Her Evil Crown, the Shadowlords?

-Galen's player

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hrmm could not vote in the poll, cuz I see it as a perhaps, one time deal anyways...so I woulda needed a *maybe* slot or something else. :)

My own characters will NOT be participating. They would no more join up with sneaky vile evil shadowlordies than they would Missy Minax.

My chrs. are aligned to good or the virtues or justice, and some few of em are *neutrals* ! :) So despite some in game event even if laden with pixel crack goodies galore my own chrs. would NOT join Shadowlords nor even Minax. Only faction any of my chrs. ever joined was CoM...kinda a mystery there, cuz one can be evil or do evil to bring about good, or can be good.. :)

Anyways, I see it as some in game in the world event where my own chrs. would no more join Shadowlords for ANY reasons than they would join up with Missy Minax. . evil just is not my chrs. *character* so to speak.

IN game events come and go, and when EVIL strikes, even if my chrs. are DEAD...some one has to show the light in the darkness .........lol in felucca even yes uninsured...that be MY chrs. out there dying to the vile evil that abounds...showing GOOD shining that bright light of ...being DIFFERENT...being good aligned...regardless how fatal being good may be..yesssss bruthas and sistas someone has to play GOOD in a den of dark vile evil within the pixel landscape of UO's evil iniquity. haha

Anyhow...my chrs. won't be joining up for this event...and I do see events as here today gone tomorrow but our character's *rep* is eternal or least as long as we pay to play...so I keep that intact for em... haha THEY ARE NOT JOINING THEM SHADOWLORDS...nope vile sneaky shadowlords suck ya in to do their bidding...to bring about EVIL........... then after using ya, tempting ya by giving ya pixel crack, they spit ya out and go about their evil ways !

*shines a light*

:)

But if ye are in any other faction...go camp that faction stone called shadowlords ..........exterminate em like rats as they sign up.

Muhahaha erm um....yes ye vile ones can kill em all at the sign up stone yes ??
(((this might be hysterical on Siege)))

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Erm...newbie faction questions, hoping someone can help me out, I'd read the UO factions guild and the sticky in the factions forum, but still haven't the faintest idea on a couple of things...

1) Anyway for me to I see how many people there are at which rank?
2) Anyway to tell who they are like a guild roster?
3) Will the faction rune work like I think and allow me to bypass Lynk's gauntlet?
4) How many kill points do I need to get to rank 1 if the top guy has a gazillion points?
5) How many kill points to reach the rest of the ranks? In one of the posts, Lynk mentioned he got to rank 10 with 2 kills, and there's something wrong. So how many kills are required?

Many thanks in advance! :D

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But if ye are in any other faction...go camp that faction stone called shadowlords ..........exterminate em like rats as they sign up.

*Wipes brow, good thing I already signed up*

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Harlequin,

1. No
2. UO.com will show people in the guild in the faction. Just click MYUO and then factions. Follow the rest.
3. No, TB will be waiting there.
4. 1, the ranking system is skewed due to the imbalance.
5. 1 assuming they have points.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Harlequin,

1. No
2. UO.com will show people in the guild in the faction. Just click MYUO and then factions. Follow the rest.
3. No, TB will be waiting there.
4. 1, the ranking system is skewed due to the imbalance.
5. 1 assuming they have points.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Drats...so the faction rune doesn't bring me directly into the stronghold? Time to think of something even sneakier :D

Regarding 5, are you saying it's broken right now and 1 kill point is sufficient to get me to rank 10 and use all the nifty arties? How would the the ranking work if it's not broken?

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The faction rune will bring you right next to the stone inside the base, but TB will be there most likely hidden ;)

right now due to the imbalance and the fact it has always been broken, 1 point will get you to rank ten after a day.

It was originally supposed to work the top 10% would be Knight of Codex, the next was Knight of Virtue, Crusader, Sentinel and then defender. From top to bottom.

When it did work usually 10 points would put you at sentinel, another 10 crusader etc.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

hehe What shard ?? I may have to invoke all my evil Minax allies on Siege ya know to off ye vile Shadowlordies............. and new shadowlordies yet to come by the weekend ...if only for to keep evil in ONE red ponied Minax camp, to keep track of evil in one place. haha

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2. Anyone who leaves another Faction to join SL just for this event should be penalized in some way, beyond the loss of their easily-regained Faction Artifacts. In fact, were I you, I would set up some kind of tracking system right about now. The code for whatever item this is could favor those who have been in SL for a longer time, for example. Or the items could require that someone be in the backpack, house, or bank box of an account with an SL character on it. Or the items could be like the Faction Artifacts, character- and Faction-bound. (The Faction Artifacts are Faction-bound, right? So you can't leave one Faction, join another, regain your points, and re-equip your Faction Artifacts, right?)
Galen - Something I feel honor-bound to point out is the "Andrew" Event happened a good long time ago, and things sometimes change in such time periods. At the time of that event, I had my main character on a different shard than my home, and she was, in fact, in SL. Since then I have taken her home, and for reasons of shard dynamics and alliances, find myself to be in the Minax faction (note: both factions are "evil" alligned).

While I have yet to truly decide which way I will go (using my alternate account to attend as SL so as to follow through with my "original" intent, or to use my main account to "interfere" with the event) I definitely do NOT feel I should be in any way penalized for deciding one or the other.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The faction rune will bring you right next to the stone inside the base, but TB will be there most likely hidden ;)

right now due to the imbalance and the fact it has always been broken, 1 point will get you to rank ten after a day.

It was originally supposed to work the top 10% would be Knight of Codex, the next was Knight of Virtue, Crusader, Sentinel and then defender. From top to bottom.

When it did work usually 10 points would put you at sentinel, another 10 crusader etc.
Thank you yet again! So the rune will indeed get me safely into the stronghold hehehe.

hehe What shard ?? I may have to invoke all my evil Minax allies on Siege ya know to off ye vile Shadowlordies............. and new shadowlordies yet to come by the weekend ...if only for to keep evil in ONE red ponied Minax camp, to keep track of evil in one place. haha
Mwuahahaha, *puts on spanish accent* "You underestimate my sneakiness". I am so not going to reveal which shard I play on atm :D

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WE WILL FIND YOU ! HAHA

jk No most of my own alliance the ones in factions on Siege are Minax... sooo doubt that many of them will faction hop just for this event maybe only a few of em...but probably they will enjoy this event just looking for *more* Shadowlords to ...continue to slay. haha :) esp new ones.

R

RichDC

If any one wants to try to find this "Trammy gone SL" im on GL and play mostly uk times, about 2pm ish CST

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WE WILL FIND YOU ! HAHA
Eek!

I'm suddenly glad for the mad PvP skills beaten into me during those initial years :D Yup, yup, PvP skills like GM hiding, GM running, GM recall....

RichDC - Finding you might be a tad difficult, unless they know exactly where you will be, at a certain time, say, a couple of days from now when a speech is supposed to be given... hehe

R

RichDC

Even then they wont find me :p

I could reveal in the middle of all of them and they still wouldnt be able to kill me :p

(P.S im a faction thief and...without bragging...a damn good evader! Had 7people in the Brit throne room after me for about 10mins after i stole a sig, still managed to get outta there out of the castle and back to my base)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*in utmost shadowlordy minaxy voice*

Yes my lil chickadee GM recall skillz, WILL work to always.. save ye on Siege. muhahhaha :)

I got a wretched one remaining yet.. on Chesapeake .......... he may actually JOIN up too, though.

N

Nastia Cross

Well, sort of. They'll get an extra room inaccessible to anyone but SL (can't bring sigils into it), and quite possibly some very nice amenities depending on how their shard completes the event arc.
So basically if I don't want the SL faction on my shard to gain such "very nice amenities" I shouldn't participate in the SL event this weekend?

R

RichDC

Obviously not!

If you dont want SL to have very nice amenaties you should participate in PREVENTING the Shadowlords from accomplishing there task...whatever that may be!!

Come on put a little thought in!!!

This whole event has been about preventing the shadowlords from leaving the void and entering our realm...NOTHING IN THAT RESPECT HAS CHANGED!!!

N

Nastia Cross

Oh trust me Rich, MUCH thought is going into it right now... the cogs are working overtime...

Viva Minax!

K

KidJoe

I think is is great! It's part of the story line...but could we stop the event if we all showed up and kill all the faction peeps involved and didn't let the event happen? How funny would that be?

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Snag a pic as you do it and send it to me Ailish *evil grin*
My appologies that you cannot actually see me casting in this pic (hard to push 2 buttons at one time!) but here you see me in stat, and I am one of the fielders - with a +15 book you fizzle at para-field about every 5th time :D

R

RichDC

Oh trust me Rich, MUCH thought is going into it right now... the cogs are working overtime...

Viva Minax!
I look forward to the challenge!!!

Nothing more exciting than being chased down by a group of angry oj's!!!

(especially if i get a kill on one of them! EXP pots FTW! lol)

L

Lord Kynd

You not only remember correctly, but this event will use a darker version of the glass daggers Andrew previously endowed the faithful with.
i picked shadow with one of my characters and never got a dagger.
is there a way for us to get them now ?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So basically if I don't want the SL faction on my shard to gain such "very nice amenities" I shouldn't participate in the SL event this weekend?
My impression is that if you want them to be denied as much as possible, show up and kill them.

Of course with my luck I could be wrong; it could be that the more we kill, the more it's considered a 'sacrifice' for the Shadowlords, and the better the amenities.

-Galen's player

C

CatLord

Survival of the fittest... and GMs around.

I wonder if we'll see many players move over bagballs... move like lightning and then vanish into oblivion...

R

RichDC

Survival of the fittest... and GMs around.

I wonder if we'll see many players move over bagballs... move like lightning and then vanish into oblivion...
Deleted before i gave too many people smart ideas :p

T

Turdnugget

Why not have to join a specific faction for events?

It makes it more realistic. What fun is it to just kill monsters for each event?

Why not kill other people as well. King of the mountain style.

R

RichDC

Especially when said faction is Specifically linked to one of the main foes in said event!

Evil cant prevail without help, who can it enlist to help but the humans whom have chosen alliegence to them already?

Can i just add i am extremely excited about this event...ive just cancelled dinner with the better half...should of seen her face when i told her why :p

C

CatLord

Try leaving in the middle of your birthday dinner to Raid Despise...

(did that Yesterday)