• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire set up for Medusa

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She's not too hard, the common template works great, remember only few things:
- Do NOT use the conjurer trinket or any kind of undead slayer
- Use always a repond slayer againist her
- Keep clean the area when statues are free
- Don't forget to bring 3-4 gorgon lenses and to replace with a new one when the charges are over.
- Remember to prepare momentum strike immediately for kill the evil twin once you are free from the stone (so he has no time to target you first)

The rest is easy, usually medusa miss a lot (if you have enough parrying) and when hit you the damage is around 20 and if you still hit the poison is not a problem...

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iv had no problem with her even with my talisman she only hits for like 50 occasionally and i dont use a slayer as i saw no difference in the dmg, HLA is more usefull.

I use radiant or ornate with HML, HSL, HLA, DI and SSI.

I have normal sammy setup, gorgon lenses [the invun blue ones from premortem so you never get stoned or twinned] on my helm and gorget incase my helm ones run out while im not paying attention :D

Fight her in a east corner with the easiest mob so when it pops you can kill it fast while in evasion. and just sit back EoO, honor and LS.

Never get a evil twin.
Never get turned to stone.
Never have trouble with my counj talisman on.
Never have any other mob wonder over.
Takes about 7-8 minutes to finish her.

OH, DO NOT DISARM HER. She hits for 70-90 disarmed and literally constantly ;) Its a BIG NO NO and lots of deaths when i tried it :D

Thunderz

S

Stupid Miner

Is she easier disarmed without the tally?

Suppose she would be hitting for about the same then, just hits alot more times than when she's armed.

Thunderz
Yea, Disarmed w/o tally it's ~50 damage max.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can you be immune to stone?
I usually get stoned in the first 3 hit with fresh new gorgon lenses made with medusa scales...

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can you be immune to stone?
I usually get stoned in the first 3 hit with fresh new gorgon lenses made with medusa scales...
Are you using a knife and cutting the scales off her while she is still alive [premortem]?

The ones you cut off her when she is dead only off about 70% resistance, whereas the ones from when she is alive offer 100% resistance ;)

Thunderz

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good to know, I didnt try to skin live monsters usually, thanks for the suggestion ;)

kentuckyjoe

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried solo'ing her for the 1st time yesterday.

I got her down to about 1/3 life left and my virus scan decided to kick in. After a death due to the initial lag, I res'd up and once I got on her again, one of the mobs came over and I accidentally disarmed Medussa(was toggling between an Ornate Axe and a Radiant Scimitar)...needless to say, it all fell apart from there. I coudn't get my virus scan to stop so the lag was intense and she never would re-arm herself. I died about 10 times before I finally decided to call it quits. Damage pre-disarm was around 30-40...after disarm it went up to 45-55 and was almost constant.

Once I calmed down a bit, I changed my scan time and logged out for a few hours...hehe.
(this is with a suit with all 70's, 45 hci, 45dci, 182 stamina, 125 hp, 70+ mana, 40lmc, Slayer weapon, evasion/LS spam, and no Trinket)

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I died about 10 times before I finally decided to call it quits. Damage pre-disarm was around 30-40...after disarm it went up to 45-55 and was almost constant.
Thats what happened to me when i though, oh lets see what disarming her does!! :D

Thunderz

kentuckyjoe

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok...so I developed a new tactic today that works great for me with Medusa.

I take a stealth tamer in with me (in the event my swampy dies) and just park it at the alter. I can use it as bait if needed to pull things away from the Sampire.

I bring in my Sampire and pull Medusa to either the NE or SE corners and swing away with a hatchet that has Repond Slayer, 50 HLA, 52 HSL, 44 HML, and 45 DI(properties are estimates but very close). I just keep up Evasion and hit her with an Armor Ignore about every 3rd swing. I find that the HLA on the hatchet mixed in with the HLD on my M&S make it almost impossible for her to get me below half life. I have been using the Invuln Blue Gorgon lenses and have killed her 6 times today, with each time taking about 20 min. The last 4 times, none of the other mobs have come on screen.

Every single kill(6 today and 3 yesterday before I refined my technique) has garnered me a Petrified Snake and no other drops. There is usually an Untranslated Tome on the corpse.

Where is my arty drops?????? I'm dying for a Slither :)