• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire- Brass Tax

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I want to make a sampire.
I understand theres guides on this, but the ones i read give to much freedom and options,So I get lost on what I should do.

I need someone with a 100% functional basic skilled sampire to TELL me what i need, not suggest.

Should I use a Human or elf?

STATS-

STR:?
DEX:?
INT:?

SKILLS-

120 Swords
??? Chilvary
??? Necro
??? Spiritspeak
??? Bushido
??? Parry
??? ?????????

DCI%?
HCI%?
LMC%?
MR%?
MANA INC?
STAMINA INC?

Which items should u use for HCI/DCI.
Mace and sheild glasses?
The 20% DCI leggings?
the 15% DCIThe heart of lion?
The 20 HCI leggings of bane?

Thank's to whoever finds the time to answer all of this :lick:

J

Joxter

Lets get down to brass tacks...:)

Elf

Max dex, rest on str

120 swords
120 parry
120 bush
100 tactics
100 anatomy
99 necro
65 ish chiv

45% DCI (or more for divine fury)

Your wep should have at the minimum Mana leech and stamina leech and be FAST: SSI and DI are useful, a soul seeker is a good starting option.

Mace and shield are good, as are the fey leggings, rune beetle carapace is better than heart of the lion, the +20 necro arms are useful but shame about the resists on them.

A swamp dragon with exceptional barding is a must for the damage mitigation.

Its essential to get all 70 resists and thats after the vamp embrace fire resist penalty so youll be probably wanting to fit some pieces of runic.

Thats about all I know, it works for me but im not a peerless soloer just yet (still need some 120 scrolls)

Good luck

J

Jander

Sure I'll chime in. I'm the new kid but I'll share with you what I did. My account is 4 y/o so I get some bonuses. First I made an Elf. I get a +5 stat increase for account age and I ate a +25 stat scroll. Night sight comes standard.

Str 110
Dex 125
Int 20

125 dex is a must. I chose 20 int for a deeper mana pool. I'm the standard version:

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Necro
60 Chiv

100 Resist is soul stoned to switch out with anatomy when needed. I have everything but a Crimson Cincture:

Heart of the Lion
Fey leggings (Elf version)
Midnight Bracers
Jackals Collar
Ring of the Vile
Quiver of Infinity
Stormgrip gloves
Folded Steel Reading Glasses (some people use Mace and Shield)
Conjurers Trinket
Cloak of Death
And of course a SoulSeeker.

All this stuff is right out of Lynk and Farsight's guide.

As far as training, I beat the hell out of Ogre Lords. It takes about 7 or 8 hits spamming LS to kill them. Great for Swords, Bushido, Tactics and Anatomy. I can't forget to mention sheep training with a buddy for parry. After I hit my target skill levels and tweek my suit I'll start hunting the really big stuff para's, balrons and the rest. Hope this helped.

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank's guys, Can I get a couple more people to post theirs so I can compare and contrast?

J

Jander

I should have added that my Dex is max at 150 and my DCI with my suit is max at 45%. All resists are in the 60's except phy which is 70 and fire which is 33. Looking for some jewels to get it into the 60's as well.

G

Gunn1997

120parry
120bushido
120weapon
100tacs
99necro
60chiv
rest in anatomy

i know a lot of people may look down on it, but as long as the system is set as it is faction artis are the way to go.

i agree its kinda lame to join a faction just to get the artis, and if the arties were all even i wouldnt do it id just farm the gold, but the faction artis are better than real artis, and FAR easier to obtain.

an easy way to get started on the samp is to get faction rank 10, get the M&S glasses, crimson cinture, storm grip, rune beetle carapace, primer on arms damage removal, and fey leggings right off the bat.

past those items all you have to worry about is jewelery, neck, arms, quiver of infinity, a robe you like (power,life,or death your preference) and a weapon.

the jewelery should combine for 14 dex 25 dci 50ish DI, and whatever resists you dont have covered, the neck/arms need to have high fire/poison resist, STA inc, and the rest is depending on preference, i went for some HP inc and LMC. then a weapon you can swing at 1.25, with HML/HSL/HLA/HLL, and SSI.

if you get the dex from jewelery and wear those faction artis then you cap out w/o having to actually maxe it, on my samp i have 121 dex naked, 150 with gear, which allows me to have more str.

going elf for the extra mana and energy resist is great, plus you get to run with 10 INT leaving more for str, for a sampire joat doesnt really do a whole lot, so elf effectively provides you with 3 in combat bonuses compared to 0 from human.

in the end you wanna have 45+ dci, only need about 10% or so hci, 70/70/70/70/75(if your elf, which you should be), a 1.25 swing speed, and preferably enough extra stamina to take 1 hit and not slow down, at least enough mana leech to spam LS, and as much life and stamina leech as you can get.

again i know a lot of people look down on getting faction gear w/o being in a faction, but so long as they are actually better (and significantly so) than normal artis im gonna go with them.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbune is your friend....

Ring and bracelet with 13 necro and ect is pretty cheap to make. Using midnight bracer as well means that you free up 46 skill points to boost tatics/anatomy/chiv,

C

Capt.E

I have a build similiar to the above, but I also use this one:

120 bush
120 tactics
120 mace
120 anat
90 heal
85 necro
65 chiv

Stats are 100/125/30--106/140/30 after mods

Elf

Gear:
RBC
M&S
Fey legs
Stormgrips
Runic arms and gorget with mr2 lmc 8 stam inc 7 high fire and poison on both
+14 necro brace with hci/dci
Ring with hci/dci

This build limits your weapon to one that has hit lower attack on it, I run a maul for most stuff with hla, mana leech, and stam leech. After I get 2-3 hits in most stuff can't hit me with 45 dci. I really do not notice a difference(vice parry) except that I can't evade, but the nerf is the reason I went in this direction.

C

Connor_Graham

Using midnight bracer as well means that you free up 46 skill points to boost tatics/anatomy/chiv,
It also means you're married to them unless you want to completely rebuild both the suit and the char. Bad idea.

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have another question, If having necro is just for the vampire form, why do i have to have 99 necro built into my template?
Is it not possible to just bring +15 Ring +15 bracelet +20 Midnight bracers with me and equip them each time i need to cast vamp form, and then take off?

Black Tom

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't do that anymore. You will go out of Vamp form when you take off the +skill items.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It also means you're married to them unless you want to completely rebuild both the suit and the char. Bad idea.
It a decent option for a quick and easy way for someone to start a new sampire by using midnight bracer with imbued ring and bracelet with skills.

It is not hard to change out of it after either since it is really cheap to make the ring and bracelet. All I am saysing is that even with adding 5th mod to the ring and bracelet, you still have 20+% to imbue using queen's forge and garg char.

What I have offered is a quick and fast way to get a sampire stared and being able to play and enjoy the character while the person is able to plan out the final suit build.

J

Jander

Having just gone through this, thats why it's better to have the skills. Save the ring and brace to plug holes in resists.

C

Connor_Graham

It a decent option for a quick and easy way for someone to start a new sampire by using midnight bracer with imbued ring and bracelet with skills..
You'd do better saving the 3-4 mil the artifact costs and putting it into the suit. The base pieces to a sampire suit are very cheap. The only ones that might cost a bit are the arms and gorget, but the gold you save by using real skill can pay for both of those pieces.

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok got all the skills finished, As I said before dont want suggestions.
TELL ME what to wear, I am a peon, I dont think for myself.
After I get used to Sampire then i can figure out wtf i wanna wear.

Assuming I have 0 DCI, 0 DAMAGE INC, 0 LMC, 0 MANA REGEN.
(do i need lmc and mana regen?)
What should I wear.

basically I want some mandatory item ideas.

HEAD:
GORGET:
TUNIC:
SLEEVES:
PANTS:
TOTEM:
CLOAK/QUIVER:

RING:
BRACLET:

J

Jander

Well, you've been told exactly what stats and skills to have and exactly what to wear from head to foot. If you won't take the time to read the 2 guides posted or listen to what you've been told, then we can't help you :bdh:

B

BeefSupreme

Wondering what kind of armor suit would be best to start out with, on a budget of a couple hundred thousand gold?

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, you've been told exactly what stats and skills to have and exactly what to wear from head to foot. If you won't take the time to read the 2 guides posted or listen to what you've been told, then we can't help you :bdh:
Ok, So instead of just saying what martys would be best to wear you would rather just waste time posting this.. NP. Thanks all who posted.

Noone told me exactly what i should wear for each slot.

Example: Totem with 10 LMC or Totem with DI.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really Lynk's template is the best, if you can get the +skills, the 45+ DCI, the resists, and a good amount of dexterity.

And no, the +skill items are in no way a weakness. The bonuses you get in your template make it so much stronger than the standard, boring sampire.

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright I see what lynk said about items in the guide now, must of missed it last time.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm trying to put it together right now without faction stuff. Coming up short in DI, and I only have 10 HCI from talisman, but I can't use that at all against repond stuff. So 0 against reponds.

If I go factions I could do 25 HCI, 45 DI, then the 40 from weapon. Then throw in factions Mace and Shields for 95. And my resists would be higher, 5 each.

But I don't really PvP, and I don't want to just join for factions items.

Or, I could drop Stormgrip, have a max of 60 DI, 20 with Soul Seeker (that's gonna hurt I think), but my resists would be much better, and I could throw more dex on my jewelry.

I don't know what to do :/

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would this weapon be worth using on a sampire, If imbued with either Swing speed or stam leech? Could possibly up some of the other stats if Enough weight was left...

J

Jander

Ok, So instead of just saying what martys would be best to wear you would rather just waste time posting this.. NP. Thanks all who posted.

Noone told me exactly what i should wear for each slot.

Example: Totem with 10 LMC or Totem with DI.
Don't be a dumba$$. In my original post I told you what I'm currently wearing which is straight out of Lynk's guide. If your too lazy to look them up here at stratics or uo guide to see what they'll provide you then...whatever.

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't be a dumba$$. In my original post I told you what I'm currently wearing which is straight out of Lynk's guide. If your too lazy to look them up here at stratics or uo guide to see what they'll provide you then...whatever.
Thanks for even more useful input.
I am beyond this petty issue, go to sleep.

C

Capt.E

Head: spirit of totem 15 hci
Neck: runic gorget high fire and poison resist lmc
Chest: rune beetle carapace 15 lmc
Legs: feylegs 20 dci
Arms: runic arms high fire and poison lmc
Hands: stormgrip 25 di
Quiver: infinity 5 dci
Ring: 15 hci 5 dci 1/3 casting poison resist
Brace: 15 dci 1/3 casting 15 di fire resist
Trinket: primer or conjuror or slayer type
Weap: 2 handed with 15 hci 40+ stam leech 40+ mana leech enough ssi to get to swing cap, 40 di

This is for the parry no heal temp. Replace fc/fcr on ring and brace with skills for heal temp.

There ya go.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Um. You don't need +skills for a template with healing. Just stone parry, add 100 healing, put 20 points in something.

Also, I can't picture using Spirit of the Totem instead of Mace and Shields. HLD is just so useful it's a must-have, and using it on a weapon = yuck.

G

Gunn1997

wow OP, you're a ******bag.

theres like a dozen people in here trying to help you and you just keep insisting noone is telling you what to do.

at least 3 people here gave you a step by step point to point guide on what to do and wear.

if you cant read a response dont ask a question.

if your attention span is this small then go play an easier build because i don't think you can pay attention for a long enough period of time to play a char like this.

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow OP, you're a ******bag.

theres like a dozen people in here trying to help you and you just keep insisting noone is telling you what to do.

at least 3 people here gave you a step by step point to point guide on what to do and wear.

if you cant read a response dont ask a question.

if your attention span is this small then go play an easier build because i don't think you can pay attention for a long enough period of time to play a char like this.
heh, yes im a dou che'.
I think Ill go cry about it.

So far Capt. E is the only one who suggested what i should use for jewels and gorget/sleevs and quiver. Which I wanted to know.

J

Jander

heh, yes im a dou che'.
I think Ill go cry about it.

So far Capt. E is the only one who suggested what i should use for jewels and gorget/sleevs and quiver. Which I wanted to know.
Oh jeez, one more time for the learning impaired:

:scholar:

Jackals Collar for the neck (been said before)
Midnight Bracers for the arms (been said before)
Quiver of Infinity (been said before)
Ring and Braclet to boost resists and temp skill boost (been said before)

All of these items can be purchased from vendors. It will get you started until you make a final decision on skills. Very expensive, but the fastest way to get up and running.

C

Connor_Graham

And no, the +skill items are in no way a weakness. The bonuses you get in your template make it so much stronger than the standard, boring sampire.
I didn't say it was a weakness, merely that you become married to the items if you go that route.

C

Connor_Graham

Would this weapon be worth using on a sampire, If imbued with either Swing speed or stam leech? Could possibly up some of the other stats if Enough weight was left...
No, because you'd need both, not one or the other.

C

Capt.E

Um. You don't need +skills for a template with healing. Just stone parry, add 100 healing, put 20 points in something.

Also, I can't picture using Spirit of the Totem instead of Mace and Shields. HLD is just so useful it's a must-have, and using it on a weapon = yuck.
Well, the heal temp with parry can solo dreadhorn. The heal temp without can solo DF. Also as a starting player not everyone has M&S. The spirit is much easier to obtain. I was giving a fully functional suit for as little gold as possible.

J

Jander

heh, i swear to go everytime i check this thread and look back theres new stuff i didnt even pay attention to like your previous post listing the items, the problem might be I only check stratics when Im done with UO for the night and am dead tired.

Really tho, as far as calling me a dumbass,learning impaired, and a dou.che, Thats beyond childish, If my post rage you guys that much just dont come back to my thread :)

And thank you jander, I understand you were trying to help previously, But Im a half dead blind zombie that misses alot of stuff. One again name calling isnt the way to go tho.
I think I have all the info I need now, Ill leave your warrior section to you gentlemen.
Constantly asking for people to tell you exactly what to do is childish. Not paying attention to what someone is telling you is childish. Asking the same question over and over is childish. Posting from 2 different accounts is childish.

:flame:

you for being a dumba$$ is not childish. I have been a dumba$$ a couple of times here so your not alone. Pushing on to help people is something adults do.

C

Connor_Graham

I used a Radiant Scim with 42 Mana, 40 HLD, 25 SSI, 40ish DI for a long time. No, you don't. Stam leech just helps.
You're also an experienced player, not someone new to the Sampire game. Big difference.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're also an experienced player, not someone new to the Sampire game. Big difference.
Well yeah, I guess that's true. I started out using weapons without stamina leech, but then again, it took me forever to get it down.

So yeah, especially with imbuing, and how easy it is to get very, very nice weapons now, you should ideally have HML/HSL/SSI/DI, and whatever extra mod you want.

If you can't get someone to imbue a weapon for you though, eh... Get like, 60ish DI (20 talisman, 20 ring, 20 bracelet, or 20 talisman 30 essence of battle ring, and whatever you can get on brace) and use a Soul Seeker, with Mace and Shields Glasses. If you can get those. It works pretty well on anything, with consecrate weapon. I used to use it for soloing Dread Horn. Took a little longer than a harder hitting weapon, but I never swung slower than max speed, and I very rarely missed.

D

deraiky

Well.. this is mine...

ELV

STATS-

STR:150 (150 HPS)
DEX:150 (150 Stamina)
INT:10 (40 mana)

SKILLS-

120 Mace
70 Chilvary
100 Necro
120 Bushido
120 Parry
120 ana
120 tac

DCI% 51
HCI% 36
LMC% 22
MR% 0
MANA INC 23
STAMINA INC 0

Diamond Mace
30 ssi
44 stam leech
56 mana leech
51 life leech
46 damage inc

Fey Legs
Ancient Samurai Do
Faction Crimson
Faction HCI Talisman
Faction Mace And Shield

I can easily solo harries with this... 1 death by blood oath sometimes but thats it...

2bosses.jpg

O

Orlacc

If the guy can't figure out what he needs by now, a baker can make some gold.

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh. Thanks Those faction artie mentions were helpful.
I havent got around to suiting up my sampire yet, so I was just getting ideas.
Im working on 3 characters at once on my account so I have been neglecting it.
So basically thats Why i had so many questions..because i havent even got to trying anything out for myself yet.

I just like to be prepared before I start something :).

G

Gunn1997

an easy way to get started on the samp is to get faction rank 10, get the M&S glasses, crimson cinture, storm grip, rune beetle carapace, primer on arms damage removal, and fey leggings right off the bat.
posted 4 days before someone else posted the same thing. i think your biggest problem is reading comprehension

Corpse

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
posted 4 days before someone else posted the same thing. i think your biggest problem is reading comprehension
Once again, I browse over most of these post right now.
I am not working on the suit RIGHT THIS SECOND. SO im just hording data on this thread so I can come back here later. Im sorry if I missed your post, its 5:42 am. This is my normal browsing time in this thread.. what do you expect from me?

Once again thanks all who post in here, call me ******** every chance you get if it makes you feel better, I dont mind.

C

Capt.E

I am sure your not the only one with questions like this. There is also a TON of sampire posts on these boards. It seems like some people around here have lost sight of the purpose of these forums, but I'd guess like 5 million sampire posts might get ya there. Good luck with your template and happy hunting.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you can get the right resists, DCI, stat bonuses, and +69 (or more) skill points, go for Lynk's template. I'm using it, and even though it's a bit lacking in HCI and DI (though HCI isn't necessary if you can spam lightning strike), I don't die. Faction gear helps a lot on that one, even though I don't use it.

I might cut out the Enhance Potions from my jewelry, and replace it with DI, and add a little HCI to make it even better. Next time I imbue a set of jewelry.

Using a diamond mace, and even at only 115 parry and like 88 healing (I'm just not done training them up yet), it's the best template I've used since the vamp embrace nerf/fix.

Y

yorky

This is my personal sampire.

Human

STATS-

STR:110
DEX:145
INT: 15

SKILLS-

120 Swords
110 Bushido
110 Parry
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
99 Necro
80 Healing
60 Chilvary

DI 105% (Capped at 100%)
DCI 50% (Capped at 45%)
HCI 45%
LMC 7%
HPR: 2
MR: 2
MANA INC:11

Items (All 70s Resists)

Captain John's Hat (Replica) (+20 Swords, +8 Dex, +15% HCI)
Gladiators Collar (Replica) (10 HPI, 10% HCI)
Heart of Lion (15% DCI, 95 Luck)
Midnight Bracer's (+20 Necro)
Conjurer's Garb (+5% DCI, +2 MR, 140 Luck)
Snake Skin Boots (+2% Poison Resist)
Melisinda Cloak (5% Fire Resist)
Library Talisman-A Primer on Arms Damage Removal (+1 Str, +2 HP Regen +20% DI)

Imbued:
Leggings (MI 7)
Gloves (MI 4, LMC 7%)
Ring (+9 Healing, +15 Parry, 10% HCI, 15% DCI, DI 20%)
Bracelet (+15 Chiv, +8 Dex, 10% HCI, 15% DCI, DI 20%)
Scimitar (45% HML, 45% HLL, 40% HSL, 45% DI, 15% Fire Resist)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bleh.. another sampire thread :(.

I'll be re-tooling my sampire a bit now that I have some more flexibility with imbuing, and I should be able to 120 Imbuing tonight after work in a couple hours. I'd like to cap my DI without any on the weapon so I can have SSI/HSL/HML/HLA/HLL on a Leaf Blade. I know, some don't think the HLL is necessary, and it's not, but I like having it there for the especially tough bosses. I also need to fit more HCI in for when I feint.

I'd also like to change the skills that I have +skill in on my jewelry so that I can trade out healing with resist... sucks 1 shotting yourself after a well timed blood oath from dark father.

I'm also going to put together the perfect set of 100% elemental dmg and super slayer rune blades for lower-end bosses. I have the perfect weapon for demons and if i get one crit they are two shotted.

All this work I'm putting into my PvMer and the only time I've used him recently is to farm silver...

S

StNikolaus

Okay, first time writing in here, and I better start with that you have to excuse my bad english.

First of all this thread really helped me with my Sampire. I have not started with the suit or anything, but now I know what skills I may have.
I am a newbie in UO, have only played a couple of months, so I would like some guidence. I have no gold or any jewelry yet, but in time Ill find these eq your talking about.
Now, my question is this. Im I on the right track with:
120 Bushido
120 Sword
120 Parry
100 Necro
100 Anatomy
80 Tactics
60 chiv + some jewelry

The hard one for me after reading about Sampire was 100 in anatomy or 100 in tactics...
Well, If you hate this template tell me. If you like it tell me. If there is anything to correct tell me.
Like I said, for now I just want to get started gaining the right skills.

Thanks

"Pain is temporary, glory is forever!"

C

Connor_Graham

If you have to go 80 in either Anatomy or Tactics, go with Anatomy having the lower amount. This will allow you to use both weapon specials. Additionally, if you can find someone to imbue a ring/brace for you, it might be a good idea to put 10 Anatomy on each one to bump it up to 100 so you get the 5% bonus for having GM level, not to mention the increase in damage and the extra 2 seconds on Evasion. You see the rest of us having Anatomy at 100 because we have 720 skill points to work with, and use Anatomy to swap out for Resist when using our Sampires in Doom against the Necro casting creatures.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never thought I would see the day when Connor suggests putting skill increase on jewels.

C

Connor_Graham

When you're limited on skill points and trying to cover the 20 point gap between a new account and a 4+ year account, you have to do what you have to do. *shrug*

:lick: