• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ROFL & KOS Lame.

• Thread starter Dragon Slave.
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Laf, are you the same as ESSENCE OF LAF on Napa Valley?

You know, the jerk who corpsecamped my newbie carpenter about 80 times tonight, avoiding all the people who were more your equals trying to fight you... and just hiding over and over to rezz-kill the noob?

If you are the same person, it certainly explains your flaccid defense of weak limp griefer impotence that passes for "PvP: the only reason to play anymore" friends and your collective behavior.

Why don't you try actually fighting people who can fight back? Or is that not "the fun part" of PvP to you guys?

Go ahead, by the way, and flame me up for having the "nerve" to be in Fel on a Saturday night. There's little you can say that justifies the behavior you persistently and shamelessly engage in. I must have died what.... 50 times tonight? 60 ? But you proved you are a big boy. You did Napa Valley PvP proud.

B

Budweiser

You know, the jerk who corpsecamped my newbie carpenter about 80 times tonight, avoiding all the people who were more your equals trying to fight you... and just hiding over and over to rezz-kill the noob?

If you are the same person, it certainly explains your flaccid defense of weak limp griefer impotence that passes for "PvP: the only reason to play anymore" friends and your collective behavior.

Why don't you try actually fighting people who can fight back? Or is that not "the fun part" of PvP to you guys?

Go ahead, by the way, and flame me up for having the "nerve" to be in Fel on a Saturday night. There's little you can say that justifies the behavior you persistently and shamelessly engage in. I must have died what.... 50 times tonight? 60 ? But you proved you are a big boy. You did Napa Valley PvP proud.
Who are you again?
Your char names in game that you play are???? Maybe just one pvp char?

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I fail to see the issue. Were you in a town? How on earth did he res kill you 50 times? Why did you res 50 times while still flagged? Were you giving up insurance money each death? Fel is still a free for all area and should till this game calls it quits, I still fail to see this issue.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I fail to see the issue. Were you in a town? How on earth did he res kill you 50 times? Why did you res 50 times while still flagged? Were you giving up insurance money each death? Fel is still a free for all area and should till this game calls it quits, I still fail to see this issue.
I wasn't "flagged", he was a red.

And, naturally, if you are a griefer or your idea of entertainment is one-shotting someone who is no threat to you over, and over and over--- LONG past the point where you've made your point, or "pwned" someone, but just for the sheer joy of "cause I could and no one was there to stop me", then you see no issue here at all.

I was really just screwing around. I wasn't looking for pvp or anything, I just thought I would wander Fel a bit while carpentering, I figured what the hell right, it's not like there's a lot of people in the game anymroe anyway. I can wander the woods of Trammel for hours and never see another player. Admittedly I was aware of the possibility of being killed.

What I wasn't really aware of, was that there are sociopaths who consider it fun to spend about 45 minutes or so repeatedly killing a non-combat character, just for absolute fun. Some high level blues are reds were both present and whenever the blues tried to engage the reds (including Laf) they'd all just run like crazy, hide, moongate jump, whatever. Yet wh enever I rezzed someone was always hiding nearby to one shot me with lightning or a quick arrow. Over and over.

I do consider it a learning experience in the sense that it absolutely reaffirmed my previous waverings about the wisdom of instituting the Tram/Fel division. Six years is a long time to get nostalgic about the feeling of danger of risking being robbed or attacked in the wild, but it just takes one run-in with someone like Laf to remind you exactly why so-called "PvP" the way Felucca players like it is something that an overwhelming majority of UO players back around T2A era did not wish to participate in any longer.

P.S. No nothing was insured, there was nothing worth insuring. I had plain clothes, a hatchet for cutting wood an dsome carpentry tools. And he knew that because he never even bothered to loot me. BUt that didn't stop him from laying in wait with his friends near the npc healers nearby to keep one-shotting me. What exactly did he get out of that?

V

Vision

They did this cool experiment with monkeys one time where the monkeys would have food put in front of them but if they tried to grab the food they would get shocked. The monkeys would get shocked over and over until eventually they realized the correlation between the shocking and the food and stopped reaching for the food. Smart monkeys...

Although what Laf did may have been a bit lame, I do have one question for you... There was nothing on your corpse worth getting and you knew Laf was camping the nearby healers. You must have died 50 times in 45 minutes yet you continued to accept rezzes from the healers knowing you would die again and again. If you aren't smart enough to run to a town or even spend 3 minutes running east 10 screens where Laf would never find you, then yes, Tram would serve you well. It really isn't that hard... but you are like the monkey that keeps reaching for the food forever and getting mad.

I think after dying twice I would have gone somewhere else for a res and be done with the situation... What you did by continuing to res in front of him for 45 minutes straight makes absolutely no sense.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They did this cool experiment with monkeys one time where the monkeys would have food put in front of them but if they tried to grab the food they would get shocked. The monkeys would get shocked over and over until eventually they realized the correlation between the shocking and the food and stopped reaching for the food. Smart monkeys...

Although what Laf did may have been a bit lame, I do have one question for you... There was nothing on your corpse worth getting and you knew Laf was camping the nearby healers. You must have died 50 times in 45 minutes yet you continued to accept rezzes from the healers knowing you would die again and again. If you aren't smart enough to run to a town or even spend 3 minutes running east 10 screens where Laf would never find you, then yes, Tram would serve you well. It really isn't that hard... but you are like the monkey that keeps reaching for the food forever and getting mad.

I think after dying twice I would have gone somewhere else for a res and be done with the situation... What you did by continuing to res in front of him for 45 minutes straight makes absolutely no sense.
Ah yes this was all my fault. :)

Typical answer from a Fel PvP'er... "well, you were in Fel. So you're stupid."

Yup, yup. Well, don't complain about Tram/Fel anymore k? :) It's a bed you guys made for yourselves.

If this is typical behavior of the PvP guilds in Fel, then you all have quite a bit of gall to get your back up and start making little snarks about other guilds or former PvP guilds or anyone who questions the might and power of KoS and the Napa Valley PvP / Faction establishment. Frankly if this is you guys' behavior, you're stickin to it, and you defend it.... then you deserve every bit of bad rep I've heard around the shard about you guys, and then some.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
P.S., the ruleset supporting corpsecamping in Felucca is not = "I'm not a total jerk if I do it."

H

harrypotted III

GUL was pathetic.
KDL was 70% townies.
Another words both your praised guilds are fail.

Im fairly sure when SCAM was on napa,

KOS was one of the FEW guilds that fought back, and did not BAG LICK.
To be even more BLUNT, I think KOS was one of the ONLY guilds, that did not split tail and "resign" to join the ever so growing rabble of tit "Zerg" chumps..

I do believe I was part of KOS at the time, and I also believe 80% of my gameplay was spent erradicating SCAM, Whether it be at the gate, or on ice island [they really enjoyed that1 for some reason], etc.

And to be perfectly honest.. even while in KOS, the majority of my fights were alone.
Hell.. to be perfectly honest, Id say 98% of my UO fights, I have been out numbered. Or the odds have been against me.

Im sitting here wondering now,

Does KOS give a bad name to fel, because they dont "suck hole" to each other?
Or is it more along the lines of KOS telling you that you are fairly WORTHLESS, and not praising you for making an pathetic attempt with a failure on a raid?

Or did you not even make it that far?
Are you crying because you got slapped around like a typical lil school girl trammy at the gate? eh?

Im sorry.. Im just trying to understand where your coming from.
Maybe everyone in fel should be more understanding.. You have been playing in trammel since it came out, and we should try real hard to let you win so you are not discouraged, for being a horrible, pathetic pvper'. In attempt to draw more worthless, pathetic pos trammies to fel?

Plz. Do explain.
Id love to know how your little rat brain works.

/CWB/O's/LAF
This post made absolutely no sense. Basically what I got out of this is that this guy was saying that KOS owned SCAM and didn't dropped on the zerg bandwagon. If that is in fact what your trying to say then you sir are an idiot. KOS/ROFL are the biggest zerg on the shard and refused to fight SCAM unless they had 2x or 3x our numbers, they won't even consider coming out to fight unless they have 10+. Laf don't call any pvper pathetic when all you can do is stealth around and res kill.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Yup, yup. Well, don't complain about Tram/Fel anymore k? :) It's a bed you guys made for yourselves.

If this is typical behavior of the PvP guilds in Fel, then you all have quite a bit of gall to get your back up and start making little snarks about other guilds or former PvP guilds or anyone who questions the might and power of KoS and the Napa Valley PvP / Faction establishment. Frankly if this is you guys' behavior, you're stickin to it, and you defend it.... then you deserve every bit of bad rep I've heard around the shard about you guys, and then some.

Any pvp'er has died plenty enough times to know that ressing more then once would have been pointless. You ressed he killed you, laughed and at first was going to leave. Then you did it agian so he did. At this time he's telling his buds on Vent about whats going on. Soon enough you res and he kills you. Clearly 2 people have come to a fork in the road and neither wants to step first. To waste 45 mins of your time doing this tells me who was the real fool as I cannot believe I have wasted 5 mins responding to your pointless posting. Best idea for next time is you just walk away.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any pvp'er has died plenty enough times to know that ressing more then once would have been pointless. You ressed he killed you, laughed and at first was going to leave. Then you did it agian so he did. At this time he's telling his buds on Vent about whats going on. Soon enough you res and he kills you. Clearly 2 people have come to a fork in the road and neither wants to step first. To waste 45 mins of your time doing this tells me who was the real fool as I cannot believe I have wasted 5 mins responding to your pointless posting. Best idea for next time is you just walk away.
See this whole sociopathic mentality that makes total and utter sense to the point that only a moron wouldn't get it that exists among UO "PvP'ers", isn't how I think. So, to me, I don't see a naked carpenter rezzing as a provocation for immediate and fatal reaction. Over and over. Nor to premeditate hanging around and killing the same person. I think that most players don't really understand this predatory extraction of pleasure through the systematic and repetitious destruction of another person's character who poses no threat to you, and I think that's why everyone fled to Trammel en masse the moment it was created.

I love how this is all getting into a psychoanalysis session of my motives for wanting to retrieve my body and get on with my game on a Saturday. As if me simply wanting to get my body back and leave without having to log out and come back in an hour or five is something totally counterintuitive. And as if rezzing and trying to get your body back is not something any new player or really, any player period, might be naturally inclined to try to do after a death.

And regarding Harry Potter's comments... yes, Laf had ample opportunities and moments where he and his two or three red helpers were being confronted by an equal or frequently smaller number of blues who were nearby. He completely refused to engage anyone who could actually fight him and instead would run off, hide, and come back and kill just me again, rinse and repeat.

It's interesting that people invested in deconstructing my motivations for wanting my body back or presenting me with an effectiveness evaluation seminar about my persistence in not just giving up and logging off don't seem to apply quite the same level of scrutiny to a so-called well known PvP'er on the shard who steadfastly refuses to actually PvP with anyone who's capable.

V

Vision

Well, I have to say that if it were me and I had nothing of use on my body to get back at all, I would have tried maybe once, realized what Laf was doing, and then left. What were your motives for sticking around the 35 minutes after your body decayed?

You were being stubborn and you wasted 45 minutes because you were mad. Accept it and move on.

There are players like Laf who enjoy hiding and res killing and waiting for people to get low just to get that last shot... They LOVE to get other players mad. When you let Laf res kill you out of frustration for 45 minutes I'm sure it made his day. I'm sure he was laughing real hard knowing full well how mad you were. Don't give him the satisfaction, and save yourself the frustration and just res somewhere else.

O

oldschool

Well, I have to say that if it were me and I had nothing of use on my body to get back at all, I would have tried maybe once, realized what Laf was doing, and then left. What were your motives for sticking around the 35 minutes after your body decayed?

You were being stubborn and you wasted 45 minutes because you were mad. Accept it and move on.

There are players like Laf who enjoy hiding and res killing and waiting for people to get low just to get that last shot... They LOVE to get other players mad. When you let Laf res kill you out of frustration for 45 minutes I'm sure it made his day. I'm sure he was laughing real hard knowing full well how mad you were. Don't give him the satisfaction, and save yourself the frustration and just res somewhere else.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

And Vision you still hack my heart. ^^

C

Cysphruo

the easiest skill combo to add to any character is hiding/stealth, making any character virtually unstoppable in the fel ruleset, given time to get used to it.

im tired of everyone refering to the past, or how they dont like someones playstyle, it's an online game, everyone plays differently, if you dont like it then find something else to do because obviously your not enjoying yourself.
adapt and have fun or leave, end of story.

E

eccentricjules

*blinks* What were you expecting? You keep talking about all these people that were around you. You also said yourself you can walk the forest for hours and not find anyone. So I would have to guess you were near Yew gate... don't go to Yew gate thinking you are safe.

I really can't understand what you are complaining about. If your body had nothing important, then why didn't you just move on to a clear area to rez. It sounds to me like you were doing it over and over again to be funny, which would naturally attract a crowd. So what's the issue?

I die at the hands of other players all the time… and when I die I generally laugh. I can’t get mad at these people… its part of the game and if I wasn’t ready to die I wouldn’t be in fel.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*blinks* What were you expecting? You keep talking about all these people that were around you. You also said yourself you can walk the forest for hours and not find anyone. So I would have to guess you were near Yew gate... don't go to Yew gate thinking you are safe.

I really can't understand what you are complaining about. If your body had nothing important, then why didn't you just move on to a clear area to rez. It sounds to me like you were doing it over and over again to be funny, which would naturally attract a crowd. So what's the issue?

I die at the hands of other players all the time… and when I die I generally laugh. I can’t get mad at these people… its part of the game and if I wasn’t ready to die I wouldn’t be in fel.
I stepped out of the moongate "rock circle" and was killed. No I was not there to attract a crowd. Unless something is seriously wrong with my game, I was unable to enter the moongate as a ghost. There were two NPC healers very very nearby (as in inches) so I tried to rezz and just get my body and go. But seriously no sooner than the sound effect would happen the sound effect of an arrow would immediately follow, dead.

How I "arranged" for someone to sit and kill me over and over to "attract attention and be funny", I don't know.

But yes, I could have just logged out. The fact that someone intentionally griefing someone who is not a threat to them whatsoever escapes any form of scrutiny, whatsoever, and it is instead my motivations which are "suspect" to you already indicates what predisposition you hold when it comes to an issue of griefing. It also fully explains why Trammel was both necessary and desired by a majority of the playerbase. If someone was camped all night, the answer from the PvP-supportive part of the UO playerbase was "well... that's the risk you take, your fault. Why were you so stupid? Why were you there? why didn't you just log out? Why didn't you go have a hot pocket and give up for the night? Well, report as murderer and stop whining."

Be mystified, as to why I would be annoyed with someone who was happy to kill me over and over for that long, if you are that dense. Just don't be mystified as to why Fel is now a cesspool of cheaters and griefers that the sane playerbase has steered clear of and moved to Trammel and stayed there to avoid for the last seven years.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What exactly is your point? Isn't getting mad a natural reaction when someone one shots you, sees you can't possibly fight them, and chooses to settle in and enjoy this by killing you as many times as possible?

Again, I did not ask for an effectiveness evaluation of what I chose to do with my time. Of course I got mad and of course I wanted my body back and of course this whole thing annoyed me and of course yes all of the above tends to bring out a stubborn streak.

However, I was not the one making a conscious choice to spend that time aggravating someone and trying to ruin their game. THAT is the problem with Fel, THAT is the problem with the factions on the shard, THAT is the problem with so called "PvP: the only reason to play UO anymore." And THAT is why people early in the thread were voicing some resentment of K@S and others who dominated the PvP/Faction circles while, like you, defending this sort of behavior and acting in a very arbitrary manner, yet still having the gall to get bunched up panties that someone would not think that you guys (the pvp crowd in general) are the nicest folks on the shard.

If you're going to be a bunch of jerks, then use a little commons ense and expect that reputation to spread and show itself. Don't come in here like prima donnas and the victims of unjust slander when people don't hold a very high opinion of your guilds.

And, get off your high horses psychoanalyzing me. If you want to argue that anything LAF did was acceptable because of the ruleset, shouldn't be condemned, shouldn't be judged, shouldn't be criticized, then the same courtesy should be extended to me. Even if I'm a newbie carpenter with no weapon skills, I can poke my head out of the moongate to try for some wood. Somehow the double standard here of whose "behavior" is considered errant and suspect is amazing, and even more amazing that none of you seem to at all see it. Is it because you are all guilty of exactly this kind of behavior? Is anyone in Fel obviously not wearing good gear = OH BOY CORPSECAMP TIME to you all?

Otherwise, I don't see why you are all vested in extending luxurious defenses of what is basically, the most despicable behavior in an MMO, corpsecamping of a vastly weaker player. Frankly none of this raises the prestige level of the PvP/Faction crowd on Napa or in any way helps to refute some of the early posts' disparagement of your guilds.

P

Pharaun Mizzrym

Oh FFS shut it. Just because you slept with One Eyed Jack doesn't mean you know anything about Fel.

E

eccentricjules

I don't even know what FFS is. If you feel the need to personally attack me you should at least make it clear who you are... I don't see where YOU have the right to question what I know and what I do not know.

Throwing stones at people doesn't help your credibility in the least. Grow up!

S

Sunrise

oo Pharaun Mizzrym my secret lover....You do know that people who live in glass houses should not throw stones...Besides do you really even play anymore? I mean heck pissing people off on the boards is fun to a point but still....Don't you have some more hiding and stealthing to do? :p

Btw I know I know..and I luv you too :D

Now what was this thread about??? Ooo yeah.. Shrugs..hey at least you seen some people in fel...Most of the time when Im in almost any of the lands I rarely see anyone..Fel/tram etc etc...

V

Vision

Nobody cares that you brought your carpenter to yew gate to poke your head around. It's annoying to listen to you cry about dying in fel at the most populated PvP spot though. It's also annoying that you are crying about being res killed 50 times when you took every one of those 50 rezzes knowing you would be res killed. You are right, they made trammel to protect people from griefers and PvP. If you don't want to PvP and you don't want to be griefed then go to trammel. Don't go to fel and then moan and cry about getting PKed.

S

Sunrise

I have to agree with Vision here. WoW..starts looking for the 4 horsemen...

Seriously tho..There are TONS of places in fel to get the double resourses and not see one more pixles person all day...and if yo do see a red....recall out :D simple as that.

If you go to where the popular pvpers places which is yew gate and champs spawns...ya going to die...

But there are TONS more places to farm stuff.

I find it fun when Im part of my guild and chatting in guild while getting resourses..

Fel is simple..you just have to play smart for there are alot of *******s there that want to make your game time miserable..but if you play smart..it can be fun with tons more resources :D

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNDDDDDDD IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLL AAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!1!!1!1!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!!!11111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111!2

B

Budweiser

I don't even know what FFS is. If you feel the need to personally attack me you should at least make it clear who you are... I don't see where YOU have the right to question what I know and what I do not know.

Throwing stones at people doesn't help your credibility in the least. Grow up!
He can't pvp so he comes in here trying to be something he is not.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody cares that you brought your carpenter to yew gate to poke your head around. It's annoying to listen to you cry about dying in fel at the most populated PvP spot though. It's also annoying that you are crying about being res killed 50 times when you took every one of those 50 rezzes knowing you would be res killed. You are right, they made trammel to protect people from griefers and PvP. If you don't want to PvP and you don't want to be griefed then go to trammel. Don't go to fel and then moan and cry about getting PKed.
In that small, pea-sized, mashed potato-consistency lump you call a brain... is there room whatsoever to understand the distinction between

one hand other hand
getting pk'd getting repeatedly camp killed for no reason

This isn't a lobby to "change Fel's ruleset", so please, silence with the princess dramatics and trying to make me out to be a whiny crybaby. My problem is not with Fel's ruleset. My problem is with cowardly, possibly sociopathic, certainly socially or emotionally imbalanced players to whom PvP is completely synonymous and indistinguishable from = I kill unarmed crafters and other defenseless chars, I will NOT engage other well geared players and instead just moongate hop or hide if they show up.

As long as you refuse to distinguish any difference between pure pointless grief for its own sake and actual PvP, you and/or any serious PvP'ers and PvP related guilds on the shard (and in the game in general I suppose) will continue to enjoy the reputation you have now. Which is that you are little more than cowardly punks always up for an easy kill but for real, actual PvP that isn't a 6 on 1 slaughter or killing a craftsman..... maybe not so much.

S

Sunrise

In that small, pea-sized, mashed potato-consistency lump you call a brain... is there room whatsoever to understand the distinction between

one hand other hand
getting pk'd getting repeatedly camp killed for no reason

This isn't a lobby to "change Fel's ruleset", so please, silence with the princess dramatics and trying to make me out to be a whiny crybaby. My problem is not with Fel's ruleset. My problem is with cowardly, possibly sociopathic, certainly socially or emotionally imbalanced players to whom PvP is completely synonymous and indistinguishable from = I kill unarmed crafters and other defenseless chars, I will NOT engage other well geared players and instead just moongate hop or hide if they show up.

As long as you refuse to distinguish any difference between pure pointless grief for its own sake and actual PvP, you and/or any serious PvP'ers and PvP related guilds on the shard (and in the game in general I suppose) will continue to enjoy the reputation you have now. Which is that you are little more than cowardly punks always up for an easy kill but for real, actual PvP that isn't a 6 on 1 slaughter or killing a craftsman..... maybe not so much.
Umm..Hate to say this..But what you have said been going on for 11 years...hence trammy......

Alot of people leave for reasons you just said...and others take there place..Now so not so much...

Seriously tho....you are :bdh: . Alot of your posts i do agree with you on..But seriously...I remember my crafter getting killed many times by reds..then of course the reds that hide by a priest when I came running up...etc etc...

The problem now that wasnt a problem in the past is that there are tons more other internet umm..hrm...Things yeah thats the word I want to use :D that we can do for enjoyment...UO been this way for 11 years..Even with the changes Fel is still the same and will always be...From the start of time...to the end of time...shrugs..

Edit...

Ok was your point this? If you have to kill a newbie 50 times over and over again that really does NOT make you a pvper? Just some beep beep beep kid thats looking to make someone miserable? Thats all :D

Walks off to the local tavern..anyone got some spare gold?

V

Vision

I will NOT engage other well geared players and instead just moongate hop or hide if they show up.
Anybody with common sense would know not to engage well geared players on a crafter BEFORE being killed. They would also know not to res 50 times with him right there waiting for the res kill. Thanks for proving that you are an idiot. Please go back to trammel, for it will spare you the trouble of having to cry IRL and on the message boards.

P

Piper de Monfort

Dude, I have respect for you and all but that's totally uncalled for. The whole point of a guild is to stick together. If you want one on one have you asked?
As much as it goes against what I would like in the world, well, ganking is a matter of survival, both in and out of the game. If you fight by yourself, well, you are going to have to pick your battles carefully. Even more, that could be a new challenge in the game worth exploring, and lead to a new template perhaps never before considered.

So, don't be despondent.

Just my two cents.

P

Pezu

Wow. The trash talk continues. Perhaps I should come back and play for a little bit... ;)

P

Pezu

Even more, that could be a new challenge in the game worth exploring, and lead to a new template perhaps never before considered.
That's how the stealth archer templates were created... and from that spawned stealth tamers.

Who knows what will happen next. Perhaps next publish EA can add Pirates and Faeries.

P

Piper de Monfort

That's how the stealth archer templates were created... and from that spawned stealth tamers.

Who knows what will happen next. Perhaps next publish EA can add Pirates and Faeries.
*swoons, hand upon the forehead, falling backward*

Now that would be too cool.

TheOneEyedJack

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think people understand ROFL and KOS, KOS has always been a guild that took pride in house hiding and playing around the moongate. KOS and ROFL are made up of the people who were tired of being raided and killed over and over and over again by guilds that took pride in being good. I remember gimping several of these guys via the lightning para technique years back.

So they all formed together to create a team of unskilled players who watch out for each other. It's a good idea if you look at it from their perspective. although that probably wont help them get better at all with their pvp skills. But whatever... to each his own. I thought this game was dead when I quit years back.

If you want PVP you don't go and fight ROFL or KOS. Those are PvM guilds for doing champ spawns and what not. The best way for you to get them to fight is to do a champ spawn. Other than that you wont see them outside their homes.

That's not necessarily a bad thing just keep in mind that when your fighting them your playing against players who would rather PvM than 1v1 you so expect for several to show up at any confrontation.

Don't call it something it's not. It took Vlad over 10 years and an endless amount of guilds disbanding to make what he's got. Props son :bowdown:

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think people understand ROFL and KOS, KOS has always been a guild that took pride in house hiding and playing around the moongate. KOS and ROFL are made up of the people who were tired of being raided and killed over and over and over again by guilds that took pride in being good. I remember gimping several of these guys via the lightning para technique years back.

So they all formed together to create a team of unskilled players who watch out for each other. It's a good idea if you look at it from their perspective. although that probably wont help them get better at all with their pvp skills. But whatever... to each his own. I thought this game was dead when I quit years back.

If you want PVP you don't go and fight ROFL or KOS. Those are PvM guilds for doing champ spawns and what not. The best way for you to get them to fight is to do a champ spawn. Other than that you wont see them outside their homes.

That's not necessarily a bad thing just keep in mind that when your fighting them your playing against players who would rather PvM than 1v1 you so expect for several to show up at any confrontation.

Don't call it something it's not. It took Vlad over 10 years and an endless amount of guilds disbanding to make what he's got. Props son :bowdown:

I fight people 1 on 1.....

L

Laf

I wasn't "flagged", he was a red.

And, naturally, if you are a griefer or your idea of entertainment is one-shotting someone who is no threat to you over, and over and over--- LONG past the point where you've made your point, or "pwned" someone, but just for the sheer joy of "cause I could and no one was there to stop me", then you see no issue here at all.

I was really just screwing around. I wasn't looking for pvp or anything, I just thought I would wander Fel a bit while carpentering, I figured what the hell right, it's not like there's a lot of people in the game anymroe anyway. I can wander the woods of Trammel for hours and never see another player. Admittedly I was aware of the possibility of being killed.

What I wasn't really aware of, was that there are sociopaths who consider it fun to spend about 45 minutes or so repeatedly killing a non-combat character, just for absolute fun. Some high level blues are reds were both present and whenever the blues tried to engage the reds (including Laf) they'd all just run like crazy, hide, moongate jump, whatever. Yet wh enever I rezzed someone was always hiding nearby to one shot me with lightning or a quick arrow. Over and over.

I do consider it a learning experience in the sense that it absolutely reaffirmed my previous waverings about the wisdom of instituting the Tram/Fel division. Six years is a long time to get nostalgic about the feeling of danger of risking being robbed or attacked in the wild, but it just takes one run-in with someone like Laf to remind you exactly why so-called "PvP" the way Felucca players like it is something that an overwhelming majority of UO players back around T2A era did not wish to participate in any longer.

P.S. No nothing was insured, there was nothing worth insuring. I had plain clothes, a hatchet for cutting wood an dsome carpentry tools. And he knew that because he never even bothered to loot me. BUt that didn't stop him from laying in wait with his friends near the npc healers nearby to keep one-shotting me. What exactly did he get out of that?

Essence of [LAF] [xp]
[LAF AT FOOLS] [The Oldschool Vendetta]
100 Str [120hp]
103 Dex [110stam]
52 Int [90mana]
60 Hci [+Gotcha]
40 Lmc [+Ooo 3 Mana Moving Shot. Oooo Gold!!]
12 Mr [+Ooo NO Mana Moving Shot. Oooo Gold!!]
45 Ep [+Chugs you must!]
Tactics 115 [+Adds Damage And Hit Chance]
Archery 115 [+Makes Sticks Fly And Hit Stuff]
Spiritspeak 110 [+Can Heal or See DEAD FOOLS RUN TO NEXT DEATH LOCATION!]
Ninjitsu 110 [+Llama, ShadowJump, Unicorn For Raid]
Hiding 100 [+Poof]
Stealth 90 [+Look Feel. Not There. Magic!]
Steal 80 [+Mmmm Sigil]

Quote: Best Way To Avoid Hit. Not Be There.

[WHAT A COMPLETELY GODLY PVP TEMPLATE HUH?!?]

Aka/Alts+Renames:

White Plague -Teddy - Crazy White Boy - Beautiful Garbage-
Boggart - Ever After
Ragnar - xXxMegaManxXx - Beamo Peamo -Sinners Welcome
oOoOoOoOoOoOo
LaggWagon - War Panda
CattleBruiser - Havok - Pantera
BadTeddy - Essence of LAF
Moonshade - Bambi - Mai Hem - DestinedToReign-
ted the fighter - BooGZiLLa
Freak on a Leash - Mal Rue
Make Me Bad - Mudvayne Teddy
Crash Diet - Payday Everyday
Bob - Vampyre X. - Reckless Desire-
Glorius Lady Bo [Beard]
Altere D'orgueil
Altere D'orgueilleux
Vaniteux Orgueilleux
Pazuzu
AdvocatusDiaboli
WeerunDaraTack - Fuzzy Wuzzy - KRAZY Kewl Punk
CoWuR SaWaY - Mc.Bob
FiVr YeaR NeWBy - XXX
Wilted Willy - Heavenly Demonic
SiLLy WiLLy - GloW - GloW LighT
Quicksand Jesus -Johnny Cash -Johnny Wylde
SC - Sabra - Sabra Cadabra
BB - Setheran Wylde - Sarc Balzious
One Desire

K im tired of this already.
Some may Recognize some of my chars.. I doubt you will with any.
You were still lookin for your "sucky" for most of those..

Ive played EVERY type of template.
Im guessing with a good mind atleast 80% of my UO fights I have been outnumbered, Out skilled, or Out itemed. And I have KICKED F$%^IN $SS IN 70% of them.

Ranging from 7xs GM, 6xs GM, Hell Ive even had "completed" 12 Skill Templates..
And I cant count how many times Ive ran out and competed if not beat, the best. With 60str 88mage and 90 eval, Dont even try to lecture me on pvp son.

Ive fought alone and with groups.
Ive killed and died. Ive declared war on my current guild while already in a war with another guild, just to step the party up. Ive been chased around by 20 people easily.. and Still I dont "recall out", go "hide it out".
Why? Because I am 350% certain I am Smarter than atleast 15 of the 20.
Watch your enemies close. Trust what you know. Soon enough they will slip.

I dont even want to spend any more time on this pathetic bs.

Ill lay down some lines for you to snort. Than you can go in your corner and stfu.

1. Brit Fel Gate.
[Gate.. Lol.. Pvp? Cmon kid.]

2. Healer At Gate
[Its a healer at the gate. Its not the only healer.]
Ill give you props for that, I do remember you wandering 3 screens east.. But my SS found you. So you returned to the Gate Healer and died there another 25xs.

3. What Friends?
There were about 10 Players at the Gate at that time.
And ALL OF THEM WERE HELPING YOU
Between trying to Para Gank my godly Trap Box Template,
Stone Fielding you, Healing you.
You should not be mad at me, you should be PO at their pathetic defense.
I understand I can kill you in one concussion. But 90% of your deaths came from Llama form composite. Thats 12-22 Damage, Maybe 35 with Hit spell.

You can kill any one of my men, and have me ALONE res them, with 3 archers hitting them, and I can get them up within 3 tries np. But again. Matter of intelligence. There's no scripts for intelligence.

4. Fel
[Whats in fel? I mean aside from monsters npcs and w/e else.. ??]
[Players?]
[What kind of players could be there? .... Gasp!! Murderers?]

5. Murderer/Red
[You did say a key word somewhere in that rabble of ****. MURDERER.]
[One less living player running around, is one more reason to celebrate]

It does not matter whether you are the easiest target nor the hardest.
I am a murderer. My template is to assure you stay dead after you die.
Its like.. keeping the wolf out of the chicken house.
I kill you. You res. I kill you. You res. I kill you. It wont ever end.
The wolf comes. It gets shot at. The wolf comes. it gets shot at.. Figure it out genius.

Im sick of this. I cant lower my intelligence enough to make it any more clear than it already is. Ill leave you with a recent quote I heard.. and it fits well.

"Some men, Just want to watch the world burn."

L

Laf

This post made absolutely no sense. Basically what I got out of this is that this guy was saying that KOS owned SCAM and didn't dropped on the zerg bandwagon. If that is in fact what your trying to say then you sir are an idiot. KOS/ROFL are the biggest zerg on the shard and refused to fight SCAM unless they had 2x or 3x our numbers, they won't even consider coming out to fight unless they have 10+. Laf don't call any pvper pathetic when all you can do is stealth around and res kill.
read post before this.
if you cant read my post.
get your mommy to read it for you.

L

Laf

Bows*

L

Laf

As much as it goes against what I would like in the world, well, ganking is a matter of survival, both in and out of the game. If you fight by yourself, well, you are going to have to pick your battles carefully. Even more, that could be a new challenge in the game worth exploring, and lead to a new template perhaps never before considered.

So, don't be despondent.

Just my two cents.
smile*

Hunt in a pack.
Or die like a dog.

L

Laf

:bowdown: