• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Return To Britannia

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I can't get into any of my older accounts. Why am I not surprised there are continuing issues.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guys, when they said 9am, Im sure they meant next week.

L

Ladybird

I reactivated my main account a week or so ago but still can't log into any of my linked accounts. Makes me wonder if I want to carry on my reactivated subscrption!

Promathia:- all my friends are able to log in!

P.S. I have not received a single email on any account about RTB, in fact it's years since I had an email about UO until I reactivated this one account

Last edited by a moderator:

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a side note is there an issue with anni gifts? Like did they shut the thing off... because the accts that I have that expired 3 weeks ago arnt getting gifts yet the one I activated last week I did. Did they make it so only paid subs are getting them?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did they make it so only paid subs are getting them?
Yes

* Of course, anyone who like me logged in the RTB accounts they could get on BEFORE todays shard maint, we all got our gifts on every character.

Last edited:
L

Ladybird

Apparently the people who could log their closed accounts in before maintenance today all got the gifts, those who coul;dn't log in until after maintenance did not get any gifys!

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Promathia~ ty for the info.. cant say i'm surprised with this..just another reason to not bother with the game anymore.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so far checked 3 emails with accounts out of 27 old accounts only 2 accounts are active not sure why the other 25 are not but was able to get all my old xmas gifts to turn in from the 2

Last edited:
D

DarkChronus

I was hoping to be able to play for a bit today because I'm home sick, but still unable to log in on either of my linked accounts. :\ I wish there would be some official word on this soon.

Reth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My other retail account is activated, but my 2 trials I made (one made last week before I resubbed, the other from last year) aren't working. No big deal though, I only wanted to play my other retail. May keep it subbed up and make it a crafter on Siege.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
My one trial from September 2011 is closed too and if i try to reactivate it wants me to pay for a month ;)
nay nay nay not for a trial hahaha

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
out of 6 closed LINKED accounts i am only able to log into 1. the other 5 give a login message about linking the account/no gametime or billing info/tos violation. the last time i logged into these accounts was in january 2012 when EA did the 14 day play for free promo. prior to that the accounts probably weren't accessed for 2-3 years.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know if we HAVE to link the old account to an ea whatever account, or if the old username pw should work?

E

Elevener

Here's where I start being the Liaison I was asked to be. I have news.
I have one old, and one sort of newer account...both linked to EA. I was wondering if it was an age thing. Either way I'm still screwed and can't get in :)

Actually I just checked, I have one from '99, one from '02 and one from '03...I guess technically one is old and the other two are kind of old!

Last edited by a moderator:

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe tinkering around might knock those rtb houses down....... tried to place a house with a rtb account and it says your not even aloud to own a house, so maybe that change will make the "stuck houses" fall

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't access to ANY of my closed accounts, linked or not, retail or not, paid in the past or not.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im still locked out of both of my inactive accounts.. i just tried linking them and both say closed.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Under 1 master account, 2 deactivated accounts received "Return To Britannia Promotion" so I could use them, while 2 others did not receive this. Under my another master account only 1 deactivated account received "Return To Britannia Promotion" while 4 did not. All of these deactivated accounts were active for at least one month in the past year. Why aren't they qualified for this promotion?

Buddy Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still locked out but my accounts have not been active in 6 years so if they are activating them based on when you last paid I'm in for a long wait.

D

DarkChronus

Thanks Petra!

Not that I care how long it takes but is there a guess on how long this may take to get them active? I just don't want to sit here and hit refresh all day if it's not even a possibility ;-)

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello;
Just tried to get itno some of my older accounts I had closed long ago- and found the messgae
"this account has been de-activated due to 1) non payment of bill etc etc etc.

BUT some other account That i just let expire and didn't renew them I can get into - so whats the deal??

Has anyone else had this sort of issue - where you can open some accounts but not others ?
Thank ks

Tracker23

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
now thats a twist to the truth isnt it?
during the years i have had numbers of accounts given to me as players leave, i never changed their passwords or any account info, hoping they someday comes back , the past RTB events I usually logg into these accounts, train up a skill, and update their wears, just so they dont stand completly naked IF they return.
so today i was thinking of doing the same again, but the only accounts i could use , were those linked to my own account.
how to get these accounts open without linking them to my own?

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
yes they were all active through January 2012
Nails, do you know when these various accounts were last active? I noticed that an account of mine that went inactive October 27, 2011 is still closed, but two accounts that went inactive in November 2011 (the 14th and the 17th) have the Return to Britannia promotion.
yes they were all active through January 2012 for holiday gifts

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yes I will post this everywhere I can. Under 1 master account, 2 deactivated accounts received "Return To Britannia Promotion" so I could use them, while 2 others did not receive this. Under my another master account only 1 deactivated account received "Return To Britannia Promotion" while 4 did not. All of these deactivated accounts were active for at least one month in the past year. Why aren't they qualified for this promotion?

E

Elevener

So is it safe to say that until we see 'Return to Brittania' under Description in our account status, that we can't login?

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So is it safe to say that until we see 'Return to Brittania' under Description in our account status, that we can't login?
Correct it will say "Return To Britannia Promotion 9/5 - 10/5" in the description

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so closed accts get no free gifts, well that saves me alot of time, no need to return then

good luck all

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thanks for that info Petra, that makes sense...all of my accounts were created in 2006/2007. One was created in 2004. I can't see where it shows they went inactive though but they are very old accounts, most of which I used to hold houses for the Player-Run town I had. There's just the one account I really want to be able to log into though, my second account that I used for auctions...should have a ton of stuff on it, last RTB it had nothing not even characters so I'm really curious about that one.

Hopefully they get the older accounts sorted out soon :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:( I wouldn't hope too much for that one. Sounds to me as if someone else managed to get access to it. Finger's crossed though.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well noone else had the info for that account because I handled alot of other people's items to sell in my auction so that was MINE only lol. Is there a way to see if another IP or someone else logged into that account? From so many years ago probably not huh...*sighs* Oh well....still wanna log in and see which one of my accounts holds the house that has been standing since 2003..I think? But with the new housing changes for RTB accounts I might not even be able to drop it....hmmm.

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well now i cant even log into account management to check the closed accounts . It says my password is wrong or username.
just logged in on the account an hour ago and didnt change anything heheh.
Tried it 4 or 5 times, comepletely erasing it each time and slowly retyping to make sure each letter appeared in the password.
Whats up with that

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My guess is that your character that owns it will end up standing outside of it, dumped off the access list.
Yeah at least it has the owners name...it's still there I had put on the sign placed 9/27/07 ( thought it was 03) during WBtB Owner Lana so hopefully I can find that character lol. It's only a 7x7 just south of Luna but it's STILL there!

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all.

I just tried to log in one of my old accounts which is linked and I am still unable to log in.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is truly exceptional how confusing - - > literally everything < - -having to do with UO accounts, subscriptions, activating subscriptions has to be. Current RTB is a fine example. The initial announcment in UO Herald like week back in no way hinted that it wasn't already open.

Overall, the whole create EA Mythic Master Account to Link Existing Account to Origin account of Account to Account your accounts to aciowebnijdbiwsd provides such experience that describing how it makes me feel would prolly get me banned due to language. I wonder how many people who do not currently have an active sub on one acc or another ends up all the way in. UO's current account managment is a very good people filter really. Only those very patient and determined to play UO get by.Heh, I remember the days when providing your email was all it took to get your account names and (reset) passwords. Imagine, how easy it was for unwashed masses and impulse buyers back then to get in. One does not simply log in to UO. One EARNS the privledhe to do so!

Last edited:

Lady Silverbrook

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm not going to bother speculating that question. For all we know it's the PR persons fault. Since this event is about those who quit I would consider the email more important than the announcement as those who don't frequent the forums or the main website would have no way of knowing about RTB.
Interesting. My friends nor myself have received an email. Not to say the email does not exist... merely curious how many it reached.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Concerning the GIFTS, here is my copy from a different post for you rinformations:

I just tested this all with an old account
1) it had RTB listed and i could log in without any problems
2) i didnt receive any gifts
3) i thought "hey why not" and subscribed for a month
4) the payment will start AFTER the RTB is over so i got 2 months free now ;)
5) i relogged and got my 15th anniversary gifts ;)

So if you subscribe for one month, you can claim your 15th gifts AND you will be able to play 2 months not only one ;)

UODeckard

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Here's where I start being the Liaison I was asked to be. I have news.
Here is where I take on the part of a potential RTB player and ask why they can't take 30 seconds and post that information on the UO site where RTB players are going to look first. Then they will go to EA support. Then they will get frustrated and stop trying.

If somebody has enough time to email you, they have enough time to get this posted on UOHerald.com

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is very frustrating... they took an extra 5 days to make us wait so they could have people there for it, and it still doesnt work. I dont know why i continue to show faith that this game is worth coming back to.

L

Ladybird

Strictly speaking, someone could do them for false advertising, as the last patch notes say "All Characters older than 30 days will be eligible to receive Anniversary Items beginning September 1st, 2012 and ending September 30th, 2012", it doesn't mention anything about except for return to Brit accounts

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is truly exceptional how confusing - - > literally everything < - -having to do with UO accounts, subscriptions, activating subscriptions has to be. Current RTB is a fine example. The initial announcment in UO Herald like week back in no way hinted that it wasn't already open.

Overall, the whole create EA Mythic Master Account to Link Existing Account to Origin account of Account to Account your accounts to aciowebnijdbiwsd provides such experience that describing how it makes me feel would prolly get me banned due to language. I wonder how many people who do not currently have an active sub on one acc or another ends up all the way in. UO's current account managment is a very good people filter really. Only those very patient and determined to play UO get by.Heh, I remember the days when providing your email was all it took to get your account names and (reset) passwords. Imagine, how easy it was for unwashed masses and impulse buyers back then to get in. One does not simply log in to UO. One EARNS the privledhe to do so!
Isn't this so true...I went through something like 10-12 emails back and forth trying to get my main account linked and the password changed. Nothing but a huge headache...then they delay the RTB after saying it starts on the first of the month...and now still can't log in...not even going to try to get the several other accounts I have laying dormant linked, not enough time and not worth the hassle...though it does figure it would be this rough, it is EA after all....

P

Prodigal Son

Typical EA! This is just a reminder to us RTB players of why we stopped playing in the first place.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is very frustrating... they took an extra 5 days to make us wait so they could have people there for it, and it still doesnt work. I dont know why i continue to show faith that this game is worth coming back to.
We've had an RTB several times, I don't understand what the problem was with this one? Why the trouble turning on what has been turned on and off so many times? *shakes head*

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Concerning the GIFTS, here is my copy from a different post for you rinformations:

I just tested this all with an old account
1) it had RTB listed and i could log in without any problems
2) i didnt receive any gifts
3) i thought "hey why not" and subscribed for a month
4) the payment will start AFTER the RTB is over so i got 2 months free now ;)
5) i relogged and got my 15th anniversary gifts ;)

So if you subscribe for one month, you can claim your 15th gifts AND you will be able to play 2 months not only one ;)
Did they put a hold on your card? They did on mine. I'm going to keep checking the next few days to see if it goes off my card.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could someone explain in SIMPLE steps how to activate an account with RTB. All my accounts are linked, and I know all the username/passwords. Right now if I put the Username/Pass in for the two accounts I don't have active it just says can't log in. When I go to account management page there is nothing there saying Return to Britannia just takes me to normal billing. So I am confused on how to actually 'activate' the account with Rtb

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is where I take on the part of a potential RTB player and ask why they can't take 30 seconds and post that information on the UO site where RTB players are going to look first. Then they will go to EA support. Then they will get frustrated and stop trying.

If somebody has enough time to email you, they have enough time to get this posted on UOHerald.com
no email, just a quick message to get the word out ASAP.