• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Return To Britannia

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still unsure how most former UO players even know of this happening. There was no email and I have yet to see any articles posted to mmorpg sites. Strange. I was at least given an email by Champions Online stating they now had a new alert (a Champions story instance) out and vehicles (and typically receive a newsletter 1-2 times a month detailing updates). And that (imo) is far less important than a month of free gametime from a company.
Perhaps there may be an email when the RTB actually gets turned on? I would hope so at least and I guess we shall find out soon.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think most people here are upset because it just looks terribly, terribly unprofessional... which often and historically seems to be the status quo at UO.
See I have a different take on that. I am willing to bet if they coded it to where a RTB account did not get anniv gifts there would be a heckuva lot less griping about it not being active this weekend. Most of the folks griping probably have multiple accounts they quit paying on (due to economic hard times) and they want to get their anniv pixels on them this weekend in hopes of snagging those Europa Gold Harpsichords... I could just be cynical tho I suppose lol

Lady Silverbrook

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Perhaps there may be an email when the RTB actually gets turned on? I would hope so at least and I guess we shall find out soon.
I would hope as well but seeing that it is now September and I also have a 15 year history of UO oversights on my side I would venture to guess I am correct.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See I have a different take on that. I am willing to bet if they coded it to where a RTB account did not get anniv gifts there would be a heckuva lot less griping about it not being active this weekend. Most of the folks griping probably have multiple accounts they quit paying on (due to economic hard times) and they want to get their anniv pixels on them this weekend in hopes of snagging those Europa Gold Harpsichords... I could just be cynical tho I suppose lol
This may be one of the most idiotic statements I've ever read on this forum. And I've read a lot of idiotic statements.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Legendsguy Your point?
Am I daft to tell players to tell others who left the game they can come back and try the new stuff and perhaps invite new people to at least give a FREE chance to try UO for 30 days? You consider this daft?
Sir thats not daft, thats hoping we can gain more players.
I understand you might feel the game is not the greatest thing sence sliced bread, but alot of us do think if tried some just might catch the bug and stay.
Quite frankly we need the bodys!
I cant do it all by my self there kiddo... I mean if you ask anyone here on stratics I do more then my share in helping uo keep going... I need help in this.

W

Woodsman

I think most people here are upset because it just looks terribly, terribly unprofessional... which often and historically seems to be the status quo at UO.
I'm more sad than upset, because a 3-day holiday weekend in the US is a blown opportunity. Not a good way to start the month off.

But it does look unprofessional for people to read about the RTB being for the whole month only to find out it's for the whole month (except for the 3-day holiday weekend), and by the way, Mesanna's letters is on some of the major gaming sites, so people do see this.

They need to get emails sent out quickly, and with those emails, they should send Mesanna's letter.

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For all you whiners, here's a tissue! :sad3: It'l get turned on, and you'l have a few weeks to see all the fun were still having after 15 years.

Last edited:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do have to wonder if anyone who is involved in the decision process at EA has any training in business, economics, or salesmanship. The things they do, the things they don't do, and the things they do that are effectively shooting themselves in the foot with their current customers and potential future customers is just truly awe inspiring.

Those potential future customers who tried to try out the game via the RTB this last weekend sure got one poor impression of EA and it's games. UO & likely any EA game is crossed off their list of possible new games to play.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have lots of closed accounts filled with characters. I'd actually welcome them not to allow the gifts on those accounts. Personally, I feel these are rewards for those accounts who are paying to keep it going for 15 years. Let the RTB's share in the events and festivities, but the gifts shouldn't be thanking -them-

W

Woodsman

In conjunction with the RTB, I would like GMs/Mesanna/whoever to ban the gold sellers who hit up the Help Channels.

Every %$#^%$%^$ day I login, if I have the Help Channel on, less than 2 minutes after logging in, advertisements for RMT gold, search sites, etc. RTBers are going to get the impression that it's allowed if they see it as often as they spam it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are being cynical lol. No matter what group of players you want to make out to be the baddies here, it is not their fault when EA mess up. This is about how EA run their game. The players didn't delay RTB, turns out they were a bit early for EA :D

I'm doubtful the RTB accounts will be eligible for the gifts anyway, and if they are, again that was EA's decision, not a player's. None of it changes the simple fact that someone should have looked at a calendar long before the RTB announcement and avoided this silliness from the start. This was a great promotional opportunity. A whole month of RTB! That's a fantastic offer to put out. But no player is to blame because of the late start, or for their disappointment in that. In the outside world a "whole month free" starts on the 1st, if you're late they'll want to know why. Rightly so. If you want to do well in business you meet or beat your deadlines. Sometimes you don't get thanks for that, but you never want to disappoint your customers. Imagine how different the reaction would have been had EA started the RTB early so they were in the office to keep an eye on things. And it ran for the full month of September after that. That would have been far better received than this delay. That would have gained a nice bit of happy word-of-mouth promotion :)

Wenchy

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this active yet? Tried to sign into the game client and just denies me.

I logged into Mythic and changed the password etc. I can access the account and see if on the Mythic website, it tells me "Status: Closed"

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this active yet? Tried to sign into the game client and just denies me.

I logged into Mythic and changed the password etc. I can access the account and see if on the Mythic website, it tells me "Status: Closed"
No silly, Didn't you realise 'after the holliday weekend' men't in 2 weeks time ;)

Realistically the Account Management system is down for extended maint today so it looks like their fixing whatever the problem was that stopped Rtb going live.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL! Just read the first post. Starts on the 5th!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think for RTB all you need is the client up-to-date and remember your account name/password. I don't think there is anything special you need to do. Unless you haven't merged your account since the billing system was updated...?
I had a trial account before that has since been dormant. Will I be able to use this do you know? or does it have to of been an actual paying account.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a trial account before that has since been dormant. Will I be able to use this do you know? or does it have to of been an actual paying account.
Beats the heck out of me. Never attempted RTB with a trial account that ran its course. I would imagine that you could but I can't say for sure. I would try it but I never had a trial account. Let us know though.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should be able to access your former trial accounts.

Last edited:

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good thing my account renews around Weds. I'll be turning it off to play for free this month. Screw payin this month, they owe me this for the lost items due to the bugs.

W

Woodsman

In conjunction with the RTB, I would like GMs/Mesanna/whoever to ban the gold sellers who hit up the Help Channels.

Every %$#^%$%^$ day I login, if I have the Help Channel on, less than 2 minutes after logging in, advertisements for RMT gold, search sites, etc. RTBers are going to get the impression that it's allowed if they see it as often as they spam it.
After all these years, why can't they have it flag accounts when somebody spams certain websites, and have those accounts suspended and the logs reviewed, and then booted? I don't buy into the tinfoil stuff about EA is getting paid off by the gold sellers to allow it. At some point somebody made the decision to ignore them.

It makes the game look so bad to new and returning players to have the Help Channel spammed with gold sellers/search sites on a constant basis.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would hope as well but seeing that it is now September and I also have a 15 year history of UO oversights on my side I would venture to guess I am correct.
Just got an email about RTB.
Luckily you are not correct in suggesting that they will not send out emails.:)

Last edited:
W

Woodsman

Still raises the question of if they weren't going to roll it out on the 1st, then why was it announced as being the on the first. There were people who read about it on other websites, and couldn't log in.

For the record, out of my 13 accounts, five let me login just now, and I got the anniversary stuff on them. Finally got a cake from TheGrimmOmen :)

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to bother speculating that question. For all we know it's the PR persons fault. Since this event is about those who quit I would consider the email more important than the announcement as those who don't frequent the forums or the main website would have no way of knowing about RTB.

W

Woodsman

I'm not going to bother speculating that question. For all we know it's the PR persons fault. Since this event is about those who quit I would consider the email more important than the announcement as those who don't frequent the forums or the main website would have no way of knowing about RTB.
It was in the producer's letter that it was the 1st, so there was a breakdown in communication somewhere.

The email is important though.
Still raises the question of if they weren't going to roll it out on the 1st, then why was it announced as being the on the first. There were people who read about it on other websites, and couldn't log in.

For the record, out of my 13 accounts, five let me login just now, and I got the anniversary stuff on them. Finally got a cake from TheGrimmOmen :)
So the accounts that weren't letting me login just need to be linked. I don't know what I'm going to do with dozens of harpsichords and cakes and hourglasses.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was in the producer's letter that it was the 1st, so there was a breakdown in communication somewhere.

The email is important though. So the accounts that weren't letting me login just need to be linked. I don't know what I'm going to do with dozens of harpsichords and cakes and hourglasses.
hmm none of mine are working and I linked them days ago. :sad3:

W

Woodsman

hmm none of mine are working and I linked them days ago. :sad3:
It corresponded to the number of emails I got (I use the same email address). I received 5 emails, was able to login 5 accounts. Not all of my accounts linked to my active account can be logged in for RTB yet though.

My guess is that it's batch processing - doing X amount of emails after activating X amount of accounts, etc. and that it just hasn't gotten through all of them.

I didn't login before to see what the accounts said. It's possible that when I logged in, that set the Description to Return to Britannia promotion, because my other accounts are either paid or closed or not linked. My closed accounts will not work yet. The majority of accounts which did not work for me are not linked, but if yours are linked, then I don't know other than it just hasn't gotten to you.

And there is nothing in the status area either - just lists all of the expansions on the account.

rtb.jpg

Good news - it's good through October 5, which means we'll get the Halloween gifts in addition to the 15th Anniversary gifts on the RTB accounts if you are into that kind of thing. I have enough pumpkins to last a lifetime, but I know there are people that collect them and a lot of other stuff.

W

Woodsman

The email does say " To enjoy 30 free days simply log in using any past Ultima Online account information and begin your adventure today!" so it may not require us to link accounts (I think I'm at my max limit with my linked accounts).

W

Woodsman

By the way, according to this they needed people in the office
Just watned to correct a previous post. We have not turned on RTB due to Monday being a holiday and wanted to be in the office when it was turned on. We will turn it on Wednesday, September 5th.

Sorry for the confusion!
Mesanna
So whoever is in the office, thanks for coming in early so this can start :party:

L

Ladybird

Well, I have received no emails and still cannot log in on either of my accounts!!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I have received no emails and still cannot log in on either of my accounts!!
I only just got an email a minute ago. It's obviously batch processing as shown in this thread others got their email hours ago, Standby. :)

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to login with an old trial account that expired. I have all the login details and password. It just gives me the standard error when I try to login to the client.
Is this up and running now? What's all this linking business about. I had to link my old account before. This one I'm trying to use for RTB was only made a few months ago so hopefully won't need linking.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to UO.com, they plan for it to go live at 9 am EST. Thus we still have a little more than 3 hours to go.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL! That's probably why its not working for me at the moment. *crosses fingers*

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is already live
Except that I cannot login to my inactive accounts, the ones that have been inactive forever that is. I was, however, able to login to an inactive account that is within the 90 day house refresh window. I've only tried three accounts thus far so there is also a possibility they are going through and processing inactive accounts at this moment. I'll continue tinkering to see what I find.

Continued Details: I've been able to login to a second account that is within the 90 day house refresh window. I tried another account that has no house and has been inactive longer than 90 days. No luck logging in.

Yep, it seems if you have an inactive account with a valid house that will eventually need to be reactivated in order to be refreshed, you can login. The other accounts, no luck.

Last edited:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Except that I cannot login to my inactive accounts, the ones that have been inactive forever that is. I was, however, able to login to an inactive account that is within the 90 day house refresh window. I've only tried three accounts thus far so there is also a possibility they are going through and processing inactive accounts at this moment. I'll continue tinkering to see what I find.
Im logging into accounts right now that have been inactive for years

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More details then. Have you gone through your server maintenance period? I'm logging into Pacific which hasn't.
huh? What does the server matter?

It does look like I cant login to unlinked accounts

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
huh? What does the server matter?

It does look like I cant login to unlinked accounts
One would think it doesn't matter but the fact remains that I can login to accounts that have a 90 day refresh window on houses but cannot login to older accounts. The next thing I am going to try is logging into account management for each account. They often update their terms of service and despite my accounts being linked, perhaps one has to agree to the new terms of service before one can login via RTB.

No luck with the accepting the new terms of service. Still unable to login to inactive accounts. By the way Promathia, you never did mention what server you were on. I'll also add, on every account that has a house in 90 day refresh, I got an anniversary reward for each character.

Last edited:

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm also having troubles... two accounts that are both linked and have been active in the last 6 months. One can log in but other can't.
The one you can login on, was that active within the last 90 days?

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All account doesn't work yet. I have been getting access to one after another with a few hours in between. I assume they will be restarted within the next two hours, as said.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one that finally works but none of my characters got a gift and I know they are more then 30 days. They have other gifts in their bag from the past. :sad3:

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Half of my accounts won't even log in for this they say not active to head to billing etc seriously how could they screw this up ,

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They said this would be active at 9 EST which is still about 40 minutes away. If it is not active by then, I'll be posting here with you with my grumbling.

Last edited:
L

Ladybird

All my friends can log theirs in, I can't log any in despite all being linked. The only one which says active is a trial account I made a couple of weeks ago before I reactivated my main account :(

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 1 linked account I cant login, and a bunch others that are unlinked which still cant be accessed

* Some of the accounts I CAN access have been inactive for almost a year

Last edited:

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can login to accounts that have been active within the last 90 days. I can't login to my accounts that have been inactive longer than that.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm wondering if the only accounts that will be able to be activated during this RTB campaign are accounts that were "paid" active some time since they were linked on the Account Management system.
No, all mine were active when linked, and there's only a couple I can get into to.