• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reset your houses!

• Thread starter imported_Gracie Nito
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Z

Zsazsa Zee

So that's what those "greyed out heads" are all about lol I didn't know. Thank you Gracie for informing those of us who had no clue that the "grey-heads" are in fact stuck sims.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

No rules Donovan, just a little common decency.

I never believe in a right way of playing... but I believe in a right way of treating people if you are gearing yourself as a "service" within the game.

Which is why I would no longer run a lot geared towards being nice to ppl.

At least you are straight up about it

People claim to want progress in this game, but go on these stubborn streaks based on past actions or lack of actions on EA's part... so really we are all just walking against the wind.

this part made me lol
<blockquote><hr>

There are players that I would be happy to help (such as a reset).
There are others that I *might* help.
Still others that I probably wouldn't.
And a few....... that I would loooove to see twisting in the wind.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with common decency - my argument is against the notion that we are "required" to do such-and-so.
Common decency goes hand-in-hand with respect. If a stuck sim asks respectfully (or even neutrally) for help - and it is not a big inconvenience for me or my guests - then fine.
On the other hand - if said "stuckee" has a history of rude behavior, or is rude in 'demanding' help, then as far as *I* am concerned, he/she has just forfeited any expectation of 'common decency'.

And of course - much depends on my mood and how much coffee/beer I have had.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Donovan we agree on that... I would love to see someone demand anything of me in a nasty manner...

I'll amend to say that all of my above statements are based on the fact that the person is treating in a way they want to be treated.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

This is long overdue:

[/ QUOTE ]

Its always long overdue.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you KIR

Been waiting for you to chime in with that.

That means I'm done for good with this thread.

I will read it, but will not post in it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't "I'm done" mean "I'M DONE"? How done with something are you if you go back 3 more times to say you are done, when nobody else has said anything new for you to respond to and you're just reiterating the same dribble you've been saying for pages and pages? *shakes head [laughs]*

[/ QUOTE ]

*wondering if i said that aloud and you typed it*,,,,LOL

sorry if off-topic,,

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ive had it happen at my skill house the person never shows up on the roomie sim but say 5 hrs after opening i decide to skill another sim i land at that house to see there is gray faces.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't saying that ALL people didn't notice it, he said that SOME don't notice it, themselves included.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Gracie was doing a nice thing by starting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

She (and many others on these boards) is one of the people playing "high school hallway popularity contest TSO". By making threads and posts out-nicing the rest of you, she gains status and brownie points among those playing that game.

Goal oriented players running a full, highly ranked skill house wouldn't consider for a second booting everybody out to do a reset. Only people playing the "look how nice I am" TSO would do something so hairbrained.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now you've gone too far - Disagreement is one thing, what you are doing is just cruel.
You're not only insulting Gracie, but also "Goal oriented" players as if they are incapable of being nice, decent, considerate, 'fun to be with' people.

T

Tristan Lewis

Between my wife and i we got lots of accounts. We are setting at our skill house with 25+ people there someone IM's my wife says im stuck in ur house. I logged in another account landed a sim there and no stuck sim. So in my opinion your stuck GL i wont reset the house Liers reallly peev me off. Funny thing is she found out we checked 2 min later landed at the house. needless to say she got a boot and ban.

D

dinaj

I am not disagreeing with anyone here because we are all intitled to our opinions but days before I posted about the avatar leasing error, I was stuck in a house and could not play.

I only have the 1 account and was having issues with my other sim so I just found something else to do. It never occured to me to blame the lot owner or EA (no matter how annoyed I was) because I know I am playing in a test center. I have also played this game long enough to know that from time to time there are issues and I just deal.

I do not see the point in arguing back and forth what the "right" thing to do is because as a paying customer I will ultimately do whatever I feel like doing in any given situation.

G

Honestly guys, even if the owner resets a house a million times, it dosn't always un-stick the greyed out sim.

Poor Tish was stuck at the Nova's for more then 5+ hours one night. Both Mr Nova and Kathy tried to reset the house, I counted about 7 times they tried. But poor Tish was stuck at the front door, completely greyed out and her sim looked as if she was dead (Appeared transparent) But she was alive, but really dying. Nobody could click on her to do any interactions, I tried to serenade her so she wouldn't die. It kept saying *This avatar is leaving the property* when you attempted to click on her.

Resetting a lot dosn't work, it happened to me at my own store I'm a roomie at tonight. I had internet and router issues and recieved the error. The owner of the house was super kind enough to completely log offline, her husband and the others there to, in an attempt to reset the lot to purge me. It DID NOT work. Although my house owner is a sweetheart for trying (Thanks Kym and Bud).

I basically have to wait until maintence now so when the city goes offline, it has no choice but to purge me. So much for all those unlocked skills that will sit and deteriorate right?

This is an issue, a major issue along with all the other major issues like the castanet error that need to be resolved.

*Goes to watch a movie and cuddle with my doggy*

Nymphetamine - TC3

B

Bindy

*TTL*

I think the kind thing would be to reset the house if someone is stuck on your lot but I for one would not expect the house owner to do so just on my behalf especially if they have a full house. I guess Im one that even though Id be ticked off and not able to play I dont want to inconvenience others. I do have two accounts so I could play the other one but there are those people that only have one account and their day is now shot if they get stuck. Its a rock and a hard place right now. One would hope there is kindness out there but we all know there isnt for the most part.

I think getting into a war over this isnt going to help matters any. There will always be people that wont boot a whole full house for one single stuck person. My sadness is landing on a lot that has 2, 3 or more stuck (greyed out sims) on their lot and they still dont try to reset. I have seen this happen just two nights ago on a lot they had 3 greyed out sims and I was shocked and sadened that no one seemed to care. Hopefully this problem will get fixed soon.

Ive had a sim stuck more then a few times. I wait for the cancel button to come up.. hit the cancel button then come back into the city and then retry to enter the lot I got stuck at and got freed up to land. I have done this everytime I get stuck and its worked to get unstuck. All it takes is a little patience and time. Now I know some have tried this and it hasnt worked Im probably one of the luckier ones but it doesnt hurt to try it first. It might take a try or two but hopefully this helps more people that get stuck on a lot.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

A

Addict™

I just read through this whole thread.

I can't even believe people are comparing inconveniencing someone for a few minutes to limiting someone else's game play for something they have no control over. Actually, it's no surprise considering it's from the same community that waffles at Lee when he gives away Christmas gifts and "I didn't get one."

If it's a skill house or not, the players forced to leave are able to come back, and if they're not paying attention to their sim, tough [censored]. First off, the people being forced to leave, I feel, should be responsible enough to bring their sim back; if not, I guess they can come here and whine about how TSO isn't accommodating to the AFK players.

As said earlier, everyone who was complaining about the inconvenience of 28 would be here whining if they were kicked out of TSO for more than a minute. Hell, I don't even play TSO and I know I'd be a little upset if I couldn't play because of a selfish house owner who didn't want to upset the AFK players.

How about working together as a community rather than worrying about visitor hours and keeping your lot open?

Addict™

G

*just hitting reply*

One of the problems with stuck sims is, so many don't know what to do when their sim gets stuck. Not all players read these boards. Many don't even know they excist, or where to find the link. In my opinion, this link should be made more available, just like the wiki or the dev blog are in game.

As Nymphetamine said, there was the incident the other day. We had a stuck sim that was, as Bindy said, a bit stickier than others. We really tried everything, including a few other guests trying to revive her, which didn't work of course.
We shut down the house several times, left it closed quite a while. I have no idea how many IM's I got from impatient people who wanted to know when they could get back in, and why we hadn't opened again yet. Our problem that day? The OWNER was stuck too! HOW in the world are we supposed to reset a house, when we have a stuck owner/roomie there? If the owner/roomie can't get unstuck, the answer is nothing.

This problem needs to be fixed now.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

This problem needs to be fixed now.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have spent how long complaining to and about other players and everyone thinks their right. How about who cares? How about the person who is stuck start complaining to the people they pay their monthly subscription fee to? How about not telling other people how to play the game they pay for as well? How about having a little respect for other players, especially when the problem can NOT directly be resolved from players. This has to be fixed by the developers. Putting people down on these posts because they play different is starting to get old.

Of course this is partially why so many people avoid these boards.

Lady, I agree with you, this problem needs to be fixed now because issues like these divide our community.

A

Addict™

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

All houses are important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Laughs

[/ QUOTE ]

... coming from the person who probably sits at their house all day waiting for one person to show up.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

... coming from the person who probably sits at their house all day waiting for one person to show up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're new here, so I'll just chalk up your troll attempt to being ignorant of my earlier posts.

Just to enlighten you, I'm not open at all until I can cash in real money for my hoard of goodies. If you had bothered reading my past posts you would have known that, and wouldn't have made yourself look so silly with an attempt that weak.

Have a nice day.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

You're new here

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one.

[/ QUOTE ]

LoL I think we know better than that, dont worry.

C

caroleatdesigns

I had the 16% "stuck" situation today. I found it is resolvable by the "stuck" Sim. I posted this elsewhere, as part of another discussion here in City Hall. Here's how I did it.

1. Exit the game.
2. Restart.
3. Select your Sim.
4. Go to the City - not a house
5. Click on your own Icon
6. Go to the property, through your Icon options. In my case, it was my property
7. Enter, "Land" quickly

Since the Sim couldn't do anything anyway, s/he did't loose anything, either.

HTH,

Brianna Nicole

M

MonaLittlemore

I got stuck today in a creativity and cooking place ..I tried everything to get myself unstuck that I read on the boards , But no luck but I wanted to try myself before i ask a Roomie or owner to plaease reset , Because I do feel for the owners that have to reset the houses ..It is a pain , But I personally feel like it shows a person/sims character. WellI had to IM a roomie to see if he would reset the lot for me , Needless to say he refused . I thanked him anyway and I played another sim . But..Yes theres a BUT..I will not return to that lot ..And I told a few freinds who wont be returning either .. So it didnt ruin my day ..I learned what kind of person he is and what kind of lot they are..TOO BAD FOR THEM ..:)

I

imported_Cherri Bear

TTL

There is a situation in TC3 right now where there are two sims stuck in a store where the owner is hiding with 6 other hiding sims (who are not roomies).

One of the stuck sims is a good friend of mine. This store NEVER closes.
They are always AFK.

Several people have tried to go to the store and see if she responds. Nothing from her. One of the other hiding sims (not the owner) came on and said that they would not close. Pure selfishness. This store is number one on the Top Store list. Pretty shabby way to get to the top imo.

There needs to be a way to get these stuck sims out since the Lot owners are all about themselves and won't comply.

I

Ivy Greenleafe

Carole, my sim worked with your sim, Brianna Nicole at the Factory and I asked your advice because my main sim was stuck at our house.....and I tried everything you said, plus more. Finally, since it was getting close to maintenance time, anyway, I gave up. I had been stuck for hours (played other sims, so it wasn't a serious biggy) but couldn't get her unstuck, maybe because she was the owner, and stuck at her own house to boot. No luck, but I wanted to thank you anyway, because your advice worked like a charm for a similar situation yesterday....only difference was, it was someone else's house.

G

Ive tried everything
(see the avatar leasing error thread)

Ohly difference is I got stick at 50% whilst on my way to work so the lot cant be reset - im just trying the last thing (waiting to time out) to see if that free's me - if not *sigh* I have to wait till maint in the morning.

I

imported_Cherri Bear

Hi Ivy,
I am glad you got good advice, but I am not Brianna Nicole.

L

lisjacase1

Yes this is a sad problem, I myself have been stuck at the factory and no reset there have to wait until Maint. I always reset my house if a sim is stuck there because you cannot boot them if they are greyed out, there is no option for that. The problem is if you were there in the house before them you dont see them in house list they never showed up. So only the sims that came in after that see them in list. My suggestion is if this happens to you IM the house where you last tried to land and ask them, maybe make a house announcement to see if anyone there sees your sim, start there,usually thats where you are, however if you got booted at work and are stuck, you are stuck at work and cannot get free until Maint. Its the lag. Very very bad lately. But got a booming city

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

There is a situation in TC3 right now where there are two sims stuck in a store where the owner is hiding with 6 other hiding sims (who are not roomies).

One of the stuck sims is a good friend of mine. This store NEVER closes.
They are always AFK.

Several people have tried to go to the store and see if she responds. Nothing from her. One of the other hiding sims (not the owner) came on and said that they would not close. Pure selfishness. This store is number one on the Top Store list. Pretty shabby way to get to the top imo.

There needs to be a way to get these stuck sims out since the Lot owners are all about themselves and won't comply.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll never go to that store just because of this.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

TTL

For what it's worth, I was stuck in a house today (stopped at 50% when landing). I had a second sim at the house and could see my greyed out avatar. I logged the grey avatar out a couple of times. Each time I logged back in, when using my second sim I could see color return to the grey avatar face. When I tried to land I got the message that the system thought I was already at that location.

I logged off and on four times. The last time two minutes lapsed before I logged back in. I tried to land at the same house, and at first it appeared I would be stuck at 50% when trying to land, but I made it.

I guess my message is to keep trying. I did not reboot, I just logged off the account that was affected and kept trying. I don't know if it helped that I already had a second avatar at the same location -- to guide the errant one in? LOL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't know if it helped that I already had a second avatar at the same location -- to guide the errant one in? LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, that must be it...........

Like the old Landing Signal Officer on an aircraft carrier. (the guy with the paddles, ya know?)

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I don't know if it helped that I already had a second avatar at the same location -- to guide the errant one in? LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like the old Landing Signal Officer on an aircraft carrier. (the guy with the paddles, ya know?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is more like the guy at the airport that guides the planes in -- did you ever see "Airplane?"

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is more like the guy at the airport that guides the planes in -- did you ever see "Airplane?"

[/ QUOTE ]
Same thing.

....or do you mean the flashlight guy?

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Same thing.

....or do you mean the flashlight guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize we are giving the devs ideas

Why fix a bug when you can cause torment and amusement. It's loads more fun than having a picture of a player's avatar posted on the dart board next to the water cooler.

M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

Ive tried everything
(see the avatar leasing error thread)

Ohly difference is I got stick at 50% whilst on my way to work so the lot cant be reset - im just trying the last thing (waiting to time out) to see if that free's me - if not *sigh* I have to wait till maint in the morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I got stuck in TC3 too. One time a long time ago in a regular city I got stuck with the avatar leasing error at my own place as an owner...so there was no way to reset the house. I sure am glad maintenance is done every day. Imagine it not and it just coming up from one, and then getting stuck. Yikes!