Recalling/Sanctum Viatus Question

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
L

Limlight

I wasnt saying adding those 2 spells will solely get people here.
(I obviously worded it all wrong as more then 1 person took it as me saying this)

I was just asking if that would help keep people here who try out the shard and suck beyond belief at playing a mage...

What about not adding recall then...but Sanctum Viatus. Making it a 100 skill needed spell and making it cast at the speed of Gate?

W

-Whiskey-

sounds like everyone just wants an easy button put on :lame:

dispel field will own you noob

L

Limlight

sounds like everyone just wants an easy button put on
I want an easy button because I want a spell that was designed for the game from the beggining of the games implementation?

what?

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
And the main difference...your attacker can go through the gate with you.

-Skylark

Your question was answered right here. The difference is plain, you refuse to see it.

And you said 50 magery and a scroll lets you cast gate, thats still 50 more points than recall with a scroll costs you - or have you not been on Siege long enough to realize that 50 points here makes a huge difference?

A

Alrich

was designed for reg shards where all the scripters can SJ their ore and logs away without getting interrupted

leave it off siege, k thx

And thats from someone with 0 magery who walks everywhere. nyah. Put your house by a moongate, still some spots open-- NOT on ice if you don't want to have to gate to it.

L

Limlight

And you said 50 magery and a scroll lets you cast gate, thats still 50 more points than recall with a scroll costs you - or have you not been on Siege long enough to realize that 50 points here makes a huge difference?
No, I saw that Skylarks post. But did you see the one explaining you could still do it without Real Skill. You dont need Real Skill to gate.

Like I said, I see your guys points on recall. Would you object to it if the recall min was increased to 100 for Siege?

Czarina

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Everyone should dress in uber gear like my mule and gate everywhere no questions asked! har! If we did have trammel id be queen of siege!!! muahahha *cackles* oops sorry UND flashback..........

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
Like I said, I see your guys points on recall. Would you object to it if the recall min was increased to 100 for Siege?
Live without it or run back to the easy shard where you came from.

Siege was born without recall for a reason.

We had been infected with to much Trammy code already, we do not need recall too.

Now unbless this damn runebooks!!!

M

Masumatek

I remember being told Siege had no recall or gating at all. You had to run everywhere or take boats. I was disappointed when I came on Siege and found gating still existed. But recall being absent is big a plus. If the population was larger and the lands less I would suggest completely removing gates as well. But recall for sure has no place on Siege and never will.

"add more life to Siege as more people would play Siege"

So would other things, such as a MAJOR (capped for the many wrong Siegers who think any rot change would do even if a minor tweak) ROT change, and much more so than adding recall ever would, and without hurting Siege (such as adding recall, more characters, 2nd houses, etc. would).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
I did say you could gate with out magery

But only within limits. I gate from house to town and back again, outside of that I run. Because to do it I need 2 items I can't afford to lose and can only bless one of them. The other I put in the bank as soon as I arrive there, not even putting it in my back pack for fear of theives.

It took me over a week to harvest and donate enough wood to get my talisman from the library, not something I want to be doing on a regular basis, and tomes of lost knowledge no longer spawn.

Also I'm not a fighter, only a crafter

L

Limlight

Live without it or run back to the easy shard where you came from.

Siege was born without recall for a reason.

We had been infected with to much Trammy code already, we do not need recall too.

Now unbless this damn runebooks!!!
Another one of the things that kills Siege.

The arrogance some of you show for being "hard core players"

Some of you act like everyone else is on Easy mode. Which is funny, because alot of the people on your shard couldnt hang with our shards even with all the gimped out gear.

Your playstyle is a different one and I rarely play Siege. Only when I am bored. Yet, you will never come on here and see me call any of you an "easy shard" or "******** shard"

Yet, some of your population has more arrogance then half the scripters and cheaters on my main shard.

I respect all shards for what they are. Different and Unique. Yet, some of you have this "better then everyone else" arrogance.

You can deny it all you want. All you have to do is look around at the dead shard to notice it. Many people I talk to from Atlantic (the games largest shard) and many of them avoid Siege not for ROT or lack of more then 1 character. They actually avoid it for the arrogance.

I have refrained from taking a cheap shots beforeon other threads.
Yet, I am growing tired of some of the arrogance in your posts.

I simply asked a question. Some of you chose to answer in a perfect way.

I dont even mind responses like:

Heavens No Limlight. Thats the most ********/stupid/idiotic idea ever.

What I despise is the people in this thread who act like they are better then everyone else. Ripping an idea is fair game and perfectly logical. Ripping an entire group of people and shard is stupid and childish.

Someone can lock this topic now as it seems there will always be arrogant people on Siege and asking simple questions is a open door for "shots".

Its sad too, because some of you on this shard seem like great people.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2001
Siege Perilous
mobile-cuisine.com
You need to try and recruit some of your Atlantic Guildies over to Siege. Hell, you should be able to get a few to come over...as you know, the shard could use a few more players...just don't mention the recall part to them, lol...la

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 27, 2004
Siege Perilous
Well, an idea people on Siege might consider viable is addition of 2 new spells to existing casting skills, such as chivalry, and necro, that allows one to open a rift/portal, that functionally is the same as a gate in terms of anyone being able to enter/dispel and having similar skill level requirements & success rate for its respective skill as the magery gate spell. That would allow more classes of templates to open travel gates without easing any of the other requirements. The big question: do people actually want more people able to open gates, even if by doing so they must devote the same amount of skill points as mages with the existing gate spell?

-Skylark

M

Masumatek

Another one of the things that kills Siege.

The arrogance some of you show for being "hard core players"

Some of you act like everyone else is on Easy mode. Which is funny, because alot of the people on your shard couldnt hang with our shards even with all the gimped out gear.

Your playstyle is a different one and I rarely play Siege. Only when I am bored. Yet, you will never come on here and see me call any of you an "easy shard" or "******** shard"

Yet, some of your population has more arrogance then half the scripters and cheaters on my main shard.

I respect all shards for what they are. Different and Unique. Yet, some of you have this "better then everyone else" arrogance.

You can deny it all you want. All you have to do is look around at the dead shard to notice it. Many people I talk to from Atlantic (the games largest shard) and many of them avoid Siege not for ROT or lack of more then 1 character. They actually avoid it for the arrogance.

I have refrained from taking a cheap shots beforeon other threads.
Yet, I am growing tired of some of the arrogance in your posts.

I simply asked a question. Some of you chose to answer in a perfect way.

I dont even mind responses like:

Heavens No Limlight. Thats the most ********/stupid/idiotic idea ever.

What I despise is the people in this thread who act like they are better then everyone else. Ripping an idea is fair game and perfectly logical. Ripping an entire group of people and shard is stupid and childish.

Someone can lock this topic now as it seems there will always be arrogant people on Siege and asking simple questions is a open door for "shots".

Its sad too, because some of you on this shard seem like great people.
I don't think Siegers are necessarily better than those who play other shards. I do think a lot of you are lost though and missing out, and that Siege is a better home for you...you just haven't experienced it enough to know what you're missing. However those Fel players who know all about Siege and continue to play elsewhere, where things like ROT and connection aren't what's preventing them playing here....I think of those people the same as I think of trammel players. Siege is by far the superior shard. That's a fact. There are plenty of reasons not to come here, like ROT, but there's no argument as to which type of shard is better. Where you might think Fel is where the true MMO players are and trammel is for the carebears, I think Siege is where the true MMO players are, those who enjoy greater risk, challenge, danger, player interaction, etc....and I include many Fel players among the carebears.

Btw, when we have chocolate cake and you have an m&m, it's hard not to think and say Siegers have the better deal, because we do.

M

Masumatek

Well, an idea people on Siege might consider viable is addition of 2 new spells to existing casting skills, such as chivalry, and necro, that allows one to open a rift/portal, that functionally is the same as a gate in terms of anyone being able to enter/dispel and having similar skill level requirements & success rate for its respective skill as the magery gate spell. That would allow more classes of templates to open travel gates without easing any of the other requirements. The big question: do people actually want more people able to open gates, even if by doing so they must devote the same amount of skill points as mages with the existing gate spell?

-Skylark
No, I wouldn't want that. It would be taking a step in the wrong direction imo. I still hold on to the hope that one day we will have a healthy population and our landmass will be reduced and we can remove all forms of instant travel, everyone having to walk, ride, or take a boat. At least how it is now though there's only mage gates and moongates. If people want to use a mage gate and don't have magery themselves, they have to rely on a fellow player to cast the gate, which is a good thing. 90% of people being able to gate would not be a good thing. And as it is there's plenty of people with 2nd accounts or soulstones who can gate when they need to. No thanks...we don't need more gate options.

L

Limlight

These are the responses that I love.

Like I said, I dont mind saying my idea was stupid. I was just a casual Sieger who had a question/idea...maybe a dumb one.

I still think you are wrong in your thought that Siege is Superior. It may seem superior to you. But like I have said. It has many flaws too. I think all the Shards have a purpose, and I have a main on all of them...

If you guys fix ROT and maybe allow more characters. Like 1 more? It might become the best. Put it this way. Siege is like that H.S. athlete with the most potential. It doesnt make you the best. Just the shard with the most potential to be the best.

Another thing that would help ROT is if the idea of Alacrity Scrolls dropping on Illshenar spawns happened as it would make ROT alot easier.

and it would keep griefing down for the spawn as the spawn just eats reds in normal gear.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 13, 2004
Iantown
this whole thread is unnecessary and :lame: Cry for Telekinesis we don't have that spell either

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 27, 2004
Siege Perilous
Hmmm...I see they must have removed the 4 image limit in posts that included smilies, which was in place when the temp forums first went up. Stuff like that will probably get it reinstated. :(

-Skylark

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 13, 2004
Iantown
OK ill only post one Picture :p

I do have Blinkie Smiley I'll find him for you next time.

M

Masumatek

These are the responses that I love.

Like I said, I dont mind saying my idea was stupid. I was just a casual Sieger who had a question/idea...maybe a dumb one.

I still think you are wrong in your thought that Siege is Superior. It may seem superior to you. But like I have said. It has many flaws too. I think all the Shards have a purpose, and I have a main on all of them...

If you guys fix ROT and maybe allow more characters. Like 1 more? It might become the best. Put it this way. Siege is like that H.S. athlete with the most potential. It doesnt make you the best. Just the shard with the most potential to be the best.

Another thing that would help ROT is if the idea of Alacrity Scrolls dropping on Illshenar spawns happened as it would make ROT alot easier.

and it would keep griefing down for the spawn as the spawn just eats reds in normal gear.
Let's focus on one thing at a time. ROT. It seems likely a major ROT would above all other changes boost our population. Plus, a ROT change is not in any way bad for Siege, as many other changes would be. Population boost doesn't necessarily equal being good for Siege if what was changed to get that population boost is bad for Siege. But a ROT change is something we can change that will not hurt Siege in any way, and probably the something that will boost our population more than any other change.

Alacrity scrolls, power hour or whatever it was called, etc. are not the answers, nor is leaving ROT the way it is or only "tweaking" it. Let's greatly reduce the time it takes to train a character on Siege through a major change to both ROT's time delay between gains and its maximum gains per day cap. Then after enough time has passed we can see if our population is healthy enough or we need more changes. What is certain though is we should focus on what changes will boost our population while NOT having a negative impact on Siege. Changes such as adding more characters, though providing a population boost, are also bad for Siege. Such changes should be our last options to reach a healthy population. And some aspects of Siege shouldn't be changed at all even if we needed it to survive (If we needed to add insurance to Siege or Siege would die due to lack of people playing, we should just let it die).

Temporary Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
QFT

The irony about Siege is that most people who WANTED to be there seem to have left because of too much neglect (broken systems, code bleed from regular shards making existing systems less and less viable, etc.) for too long.

-Skylark

yea, there hasnt been any real fixes to factions in years for example. how hard would it be to fix the factions so not only pvp'ers would want to play but maybe a crafter or two. the evil/hero powers (unique to siege) are a great start, but why not add a little content instead of a ton of useless items that shift the balance by way of invasions and events and the like. Maybe a few fixes to broken parts of dungeons while were at it.It seems like ea believes weekly injections of arties and other give away crap will keep uo alive, but the numbers dont lie: uo subscriptions are down by 50% in the last 5 years and at this rate in a few more years uo will be a page in wikipedia and nothing more. Fact is siege has always been a little eliteist because of its ruleset which means a decrease in population across the board will always be felt greatest here. The time may eventually come when we decide if we quit or switch to a freeserver as there will be no other options.

L

Limlight

Sup Jeremiah...thought u left...

This is the same Limlight that was in UZI with you.

:-]

Spree: Your rudeness and "funny" comments are not needed. You dont need to post in my thread and are free to ignore me and my posts. Please do.

Temporary Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Sup Jeremiah...thought u left...

This is the same Limlight that was in UZI with you.

:-]

Spree: Your rudeness and "funny" comments are not needed. You dont need to post in my thread and are free to ignore me and my posts. Please do.
reports of my demise have been greatly exagerated. im still in the jsv alliance on one of my accounts, however ive decided to go back to my roots.i have been an emmisary for years and across several shards for UZI so i brought it to life on siege. As of now i dont have alot of time to devote to bringing up a new chapter but in time it will flourish and as everywhere UZI exists we will dominate factions. You my brother are always welcome within our ranks.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Not Superior, different. Yes all the shards have a purpose. For me Siege's purpose is to be challenging.

Finding a way to do what I want to do, go where I want to go is part of the challenge.

I posted how I manage to gate, within limits. Working that out, and getting the talisman to make it possible was part of the challenge.

Working out how to get somewhere (eg Humility shrine on Fire Island before I could gate) is part of the challenge.

Working out how to harvest bones for crafting with no combat skill was part of the challenge.

Working out what order to train my crafting skills to enable each to be trained was part of the challenge

Deciding how and when to go somewhere with least risk of running into a pk is part of the challenge. Sometimes I sail to places I could run to to avoid both pks and dark wisps.

Don't try to eliminate the challenges rise to them instead.

Learn what works here and what doesn't, discover things about the shard.
and on a much lighter note, one of my most useful discoveries to date is that Krystal doesn't like pixies ::thumbup:

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
You say that you respect shards for being different and unique. Yet, you try to change Siege to make it more like a trammel shard? Where is the respect you claim?

You call us arrogant? You asked for an opinion and you were given it. Over and over again we told you our opinion, yet you keep on :bdh:

It is not arrogant to disagree with you. If you don't want people's opinions, then don't ask.

L

Limlight

1. Vortex, you obviously dont read. I said I have no problem with saying my idea sucks. Its the "trammel is that way" and "go back to your easy shard" that is annoying. How did I dis-respect your shard?
Making a suggestion is dis-respect? *shrugs*

2. Petra, I understand your point. One small question....how did you harvest bones? Did you just end up going to Illshenar and killing wisps and cutting the bones they drop?

3. Jeremiah, I would love in...does my character need to be finished?
Hes in the 80's and 90's in his skills. Necro Mage.

4. Spree, telekinesis and recall are different. Recall falls under the same skill set as Gate...so it doesnt negate anything.
Dont make a completely ridiculous comparison.
Recall affects magery and is a mage spell.
Telekinesis affects Remove trap and is a mage spell.
So obviously Telekinesis needed to be removed.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Yes, I harvest bones off shadow wisps. Without either magery or a weapon skill as such.

I made myself a suit out of Heartwood, each piece has +5% hci, I use a katana that has +9 hci, a siege blessed + swords dread pirate hat (leaving my now unblessed tome at home) and a pair of + swords jewels.

With this suit on I can no longer gate of course, so it's a 2 minute dash from my home to Minoc moongate first - usually pass up to 5 dark wisps to do that :D

L

Limlight

Yes, I harvest bones off shadow wisps. Without either magery or a weapon skill as such.

I made myself a suit out of Heartwood, each piece has +5% hci, I use a katana that has +9 hci, a siege blessed + swords dread pirate hat (leaving my now unblessed tome at home) and a pair of + swords jewels.

With this suit on I can no longer gate of course, so it's a 2 minute dash from my home to Minoc moongate first - usually pass up to 5 dark wisps to do that
Havent harvested bones in awhile.

But Pain Spike by itself used to kill them in one shot.

Put on 2 Jewels for 30 Necro. Wear some siege Blessed Midnight bracers or just used cursed ones. Throw on a Bloodwood spirit...and a Ossian Grimmoire.

Now you got 65 Necro with 0 real skill and you are at the no fail level for pain spike.

Just put on some crappy LRC armor pieces and you have the easiest bone collecting template ever.

W

-Whiskey-

So everyone agrees to Negate Limlight on the recall/ SJ additions (if they did that they should add everything of ingame content to SP, including Telekinesis)
ROT needs to be updated to reflect the addition of +20 skill points and adjust gain timers and skill per day allowable (Thats It, end of discussion)
Aside from none of this to ever be completed, if anyone of us (you called arrogant people came back to ATL We would whoop your best hands down)
with that 'UBER' blessed suits yous got our templates would just rock yous that much harder Nooblight :beer::beer:

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Siege Perilous...
So everyone agrees to Negate Limlight on the recall/ SJ additions (if they did that they should add everything of ingame content to SP, including Telekinesis)
ROT needs to be updated to reflect the addition of +20 skill points and adjust gain timers and skill per day allowable (Thats It, end of discussion)
Aside from none of this to ever be completed, if anyone of us (you called arrogant people came back to ATL We would whoop your best hands down)
with that 'UBER' blessed suits yous got our templates would just rock yous that much harder Nooblight :beer::beer:
in closing..............................*claps*

L

Limlight

Well..............

More then 1 person said they would be open to doing something with it. So obviously "everyone" doesnt apply here.
Since you obviously dont read:
KAT, Shakaja, Skylark...were all not completely opposed...but Skylarks opinion was that they could add gate spells similiar to gate for Necros, Pallly. Which did what I wanted...created a discussion.

I already explained how telekinesis is different as it negates a completely different skill - Remove Trap. Which Recall doesnt as its used by the same skill set as Gate. So they are completely different animals.

Yes, ROT needs a fix.

In closing.......you just made the best run-on sentence I have seen here for awhile. Congrats. You have yet another third account Nico/Chard?

lol

Whiskey.Your.Grammar.Is.Fail.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
1. Vortex, you obviously dont read. I said I have no problem with saying my idea sucks. Its the "trammel is that way" and "go back to your easy shard" that is annoying. How did I dis-respect your shard?
Making a suggestion is dis-respect? *shrugs*
No sir, calling us arrogant was disrepectful. Generalizing those of us who play on Siege is disrespectful.

Those comments were made by certain people, not the shard as a whole. And while I don't condone what they say, I'm sure they said it because you got your answer and continued to argue - even when the reasons were clearly pointed out to you.

Giving a thought - great.
Asking for an opinion - even better.
Having a discussion about it - awesome.
ARGUING a point that is long dead - waste of time. People get fed up when you waste their time and some people strike out with comments such as you mentioned.

However, to condemn a shard as "arrogant" due to 2 comments? - Ignorance.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Interesting idea, but midnight bracers, ossian grimoire and bloodwood spirit, plus +15 necro jewels? Not exactly cheap to replace if I run into trouble. Not to mention actually finding some that are for sale. I think I'll stick with what I have. The suit and kat I made myself, that makes it easily replaced. My jewels are only +12s, not that hard to come by. My way may take a little longer, but I'm risking less.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Siege Perilous...
Well..............

More then 1 person said they would be open to doing something with it. So obviously "everyone" doesnt apply here.
Since you obviously dont read:
KAT, Shakaja, Skylark...were all not completely opposed...but Skylarks opinion was that they could add gate spells similiar to gate for Necros, Pallly. Which did what I wanted...created a discussion.

I already explained how telekinesis is different as it negates a completely different skill - Remove Trap. Which Recall doesnt as its used by the same skill set as Gate. So they are completely different animals.

Yes, ROT needs a fix.

In closing.......you just made the best run-on sentence I have seen here for awhile. Congrats. You have yet another third account Nico/Chard?

lol

Whiskey.Your.Grammar.Is.Fail.
Is it safe to say this thread is :bdh:...so what i gotta do to get it locked?Here limlight for your great ideas:

L

Limlight

1. Cant see your attached picture....now I can...you finally attached it correctly. YAY!

2. Why are you responding to yet "another person" I was talking too?

lol...looks like you need 3 Stratics accounts to argue a point.

You need to learn how to better juggle 3 monikers, as you seem to be really bad at this. Or just really bad when flustered.

3. Vortex - good point. I may have been harsh in labeling the "whole" shard as arrogant.

Let me re-phrase. Siege has SOME players that are the most arrogant players of any shard.

Also, the topic was hardly dead as Skylark pointed out some good ideas. Adding a gate spell to Chivalry and Necromancy.

4. Lastly, if the topic is a dead horse, then posting it only bumps it up. If it was a complete annoyance...why are their over 600+ views... and 89 posts.
Obviously people chose to go into the dead horse thread.
Which is believe it or not...a conversation topic.

W

-Whiskey-

Will dimkite dont let us so-called most arrogent players of siege get you down
i might just have to post about how immature lame no skill noobs ATL players are in their forums and expect milk, cookies, flowers and teddybears left for responses ..:shots:

keep it going ........:bdh:

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Siege Perilous...
1. Cant see your attached picture.

2. Why are you responding to yet "another person" I was talking too?

lol...looks like you need 3 Stratics accounts to argue a point.

You need to learn how to better juggle 3 monikers, as you seem to be really bad at this. Or just really bad when flustered.

3. Vortex - good point. I may have been harsh in labeling the "whole" shard as arrogant.

Let me re-phrase. Siege has SOME players that are the most arrogant players of any shard.

Also, the topic was hardly dead as Skylark pointed out some good ideas. Adding a gate spell to Chivalry and Necromancy.

4. Lastly, if the topic is a dead horse, then posting it only bumps it up. If it was a complete annoyance...why are their over 600+ views... and 89 posts.
Obviously people chose to go into the dead horse thread.
Which is believe it or not...a conversation topic.
Because were making fun of you :lame:..havent you figured that out yet?

M

Masumatek

I wouldn't say that. Most of the people who have said what you just said, that "ROT needs updated to reflect the addition of +20 skill points," are the ones asking for a minor change, a little "tweak" to ROT. That will not do. And even if we all maxed out at gm, ROT would still need a change. It takes 3 months for a power gamer to finish a 7xgm char...which is still way too long. 6x120 is 4.5 months but even if there was no such thing as a 120 skilled character, that wouldn't change the fact that ROT needs a major change.

I have a feeling we only got one shot at this, so we need to be sure we do it right. It takes the devs forever to change things on Siege, even when the change is an easy one. If the devs give us a ROT change, and that change isn't the right one, isn't big enough, then what? They're just going to say "ok sorry Siege here's another change to ROT coming right up" ??? No, that's not how it will be. We will be stuck with that lousy change. And our chance for a healthy population will be gone.

I've seen some people here even suggest we keep nagging the devs to make some change to ROT, any change, that we shouldn't discuss exactly how much it needs to be changed so long as we get at least some change in. I completely disagree. I'd rather see no change to ROT than a pointless, worthless, little tweak that accomplishes little to nothing, wastes dev times, and, I suspect, blows our chance to do it right (since as mentioned above we will most likely be stuck forever or at least for a very long time with whatever change we get).

A big population boost will only happen if we get a big change to ROT. Just keep that in mind. We have this one chance to do it right so let's not blow it.

Sorry if you're not one of the people who think a minor change to ROT will do. I just want to make it clear to everyone though that there's no point in even discussing a ROT change if we aren't going to go all the way. If we're going to ask them for some small tweak, we shouldn't bother. It would just be a waste of our precious little dev time and blow our chance to have a healthy population without making serious sacrifices.

L

Limlight

i might just have to post about how immature lame no skill noobs ATL players are in their forums and expect milk, cookies, flowers and teddybears left for responses ..:shots:

lol...your posting style is identical to Chard and Nico. Arguing with one person using 3 monikers is :lame:

Go ahead and post in the ATL forums. Your opinion wont mean squat.lol.
I have already recieved 7 PM's telling me to "ignore that idiot".

You dont have me down. Quite the contrary, you have me laughing. Because anyone this bad at arguing behind 3 different monikers is truly pathetic.
Its not hard to see, you walked into the first one and then admitted it. Then you let your stupid grammar and posting styles carry over into each moniker.

Your like some little kid who starts a thread and basically has a conversation with himself.

Only one making fun of me is you. Everyone else ripped the idea or just said HEAVENS NO.

Yet, once again you include yourself with everyone else in a topic.

It seems my statement was definetly wrong.

Siege only has one arrogant idiot. Unfortunetly, he hides behind several different monikers...so we have no idea which personality we are arguing with at that moment.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Siege Perilous...

lol...your posting style is identical to Chard and Nico. Arguing with one person using 3 monikers is :lame:

You dont have me down. Quite the contrary, you have me laughing. Because anyone this bad at arguing behind 3 different monikers is truly pathetic.
Its not hard to see, you walked into the first one and then admitted it. Then you let your stupid grammar and posting styles carry over into each moniker.

Your like some little kid who starts a thread and basically has a conversation with himself.

Only one making fun of me is you. Everyone else ripped the idea or just said HEAVENS NO.

Siege only has one arrogant idiot. Unfortunetly, he hides behind several different monikers...so we have no idea which personality we are arguing with at that moment.
:bdh:...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................:lame:

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Siege Perilous...

Do u ramble like this all the time?

L

Limlight

............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................
You seem speechless alot.

Dont worry. You dont have to post immedietely. You can go and think for a day and come up with a half decent rebuttal. Its ok...you dont have to hit reply 2 minutes later.

L

Limlight

It would appear your forgot to log-out and back in to one of your other monikers. As you quoted the exact same topic and made another worthless/mindless response.

Ramble: To turn aside, especially from the main subject in writing or speaking

Everything said was on topic and was a response to mindless things said by you. Therefore, not rambling. But maybe if you were to learn the definition of words, you could properly apply them.

Double posting with nothing to say always shows your brain "power".

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Siege Perilous...

It would appear your forgot to log-out and back in to one of your other monikers. As you quoted the exact same topic and made another worthless/mindless response.

Ramble: To turn aside, especially from the main subject in writing or speaking

Everything said was on topic and was a response to mindless things said by you. Therefore, not rambling. But maybe if you were to learn the definition of words, you could properly apply them.

Double posting with nothing to say always shows your brain "power".
Your confusing me with these big words...:bdh::lame: