• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Random Rares

S

Sir Stain

For fairness to all, I want a random spawn of all rares. This every so many hours, days, and months to the minute thing is hardly fair. The good rares are camped at the time of spawn. Just make the spawn random or even random at different places. Then the thieves would have to work for them by making random searches. OK slam me with this one. I just want it to be FAIR!

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrrr, a random amount of randomly "unlocked" server up items (and fix da chests, too)!

K

Katlene

/signed
this is somthing thats always bugged me to bits.
Unless you know the time that they went or whatever youve no hope of ever getting it unless you sit there staring at the screen for a week.

Nylan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know what rares you could be talking about, all of the stealables that I get have a random spawn time based on the level.
The higher the level the more of a span in the time it will spawn.
As far as being able to get one of the higher end ones, yes it does help to know when the last time it spawned, but it is not necessary, you just need to look more often.
I steal more and better artifacts when I make regular circuits through the areas where they spawn than if I sit and camp one.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know what rares you could be talking about, all of the stealables that I get have a random spawn time based on the level.
The higher the level the more of a span in the time it will spawn.
As far as being able to get one of the higher end ones, yes it does help to know when the last time it spawned, but it is not necessary, you just need to look more often.
I steal more and better artifacts when I make regular circuits through the areas where they spawn than if I sit and camp one.
The idea is to recirculate the rares by way of a completely new randomized drop. No point to point timers, all random based on rarity.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I have always agreed that something needs to be done about this. The problem however is that someone would make several accounts and camp all possible positions each time with multi client and scripts so you would still lose out if your not cheating.

T

Trebr Drab

Yeah I have always agreed that something needs to be done about this. The problem however is that someone would make several accounts and camp all possible positions each time with multi client and scripts so you would still lose out if your not cheating.
You've got a point here, Doomsday. And even if UO had so many spawn points to make that impractical, they'd use ghost cams and mine the data stream to find the rares before good players find them.

But I still agree that randomness is the answer, Sir Stain. I've been saying this for years. After all these years, it's gratifying to see someone else post this. There are a couple of ways to accomplish this.
1) Place some rares as a very rare spawn on MOBs, where you don't see the reward until you open the corpse.
2) Place rewards with triggers to cause them to actually spawn at the location. Not a preset trigger, or anything like that which can be scripted easily for the possible locations.
What they need to do, IMO, is to create a simple trigger system that works like this.
2A) Hand placed by trusted high ranking staff! This takes out the pre-determined aspects of locations. These are true rares, very valuable and worth the effort. True rares add a level to the game that is highly valuable to the game and the players alike. They can make new items to be "one of a kind" pretty easily by taking existing art and adding it together. An example would be a Chalice, using a gold cup(?) and gems, cutting the gems and placing them around the cup, resizing a bit, take the pic and add in a download. Not all that hard and I could do this, so anyone can. Heck, you could have player submissions for the art too. Pay them a little something if the legal department requires it. It's worth it.
3) Trigger system is simple. Make a script that can be attached to any item.
"Use" the item, or when something specific happens, and it sends the trigger, which causes the spawn to happen at a location specified. So, open a door, and the trigger sends the script to spawn the rare at the location specified. Or open a chest, walk on a tile, say a keyword, cast a specific spell, use a hammer on an item, whatever...
This doesn't have to be a new script for each instance, if they'd make a tool to do it. Click on the first item, the one to be "used", select what it is that is done (any of the above), select the location of the spawn, and select the item to be spawned. Once this tool is made, it can be used for years, and for many rare items.
4) Place one triggered rare per week, and leave them there for players to discover. Some items one of a kind, more just regular rares.

Now this tool can also be used to spawn secret entrances to lost caves, underground ruins and caverns, passages, and other things that aren't normally in the game. Here too can be treasures. Add a few books about "lost treasures" to set up some interesting plots. Quests of a true nature.
Guess what we now have? Exploration. Excitement. Game play that's unpredictable and rewarding.

S

Smokey of LS

i do not agree to this, im a thief of 4-5 years now i i worked my ass off stealin to get everything and know when it all spawned. you need to invest more time or somethin, and now it isnt even that hard, not like back when there were 10 thieves on at a time and you actually had to beat thieves to the items, now you just have to be there when it spawns, and knowing how long it takes for each level arty to spawns helps... sounds like you just need to do a little research. and now you most likely have other thievs you can ask about these things, i had to figure every last bit of it out myself. work hard for what you want.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
fairness to all
Keeping that in mind.. I dont see a problem with this. However, the new items need to be tagged differently, either with an artifact rarity level, or have a completely different tag.

Otherwise it would have a negative effect on us 10+ year rares collectors.

T

Trebr Drab

Heh, so as the last two posts indicate, there's "special interests" in UO too? Who'd have thought?

T

Trebr Drab

It does bring up a need. Thieves need more game play anyways, and this aspect is only one of them. I think what I posted up a few posts would be great for any game, but it changes the current thief system and can't be done without some consideration. Allot of possible thief game play probably belongs in a different thread. But it does all tie together.

In this aspect alone, stealing rares, it seems to me that placing random rares could include some that are "thief only" and require their unique skills. But that would suck for other players to a degree, to find a rare item and not be able to get it themselves.

Maybe thieves could use a random spawn on NPCs, triggered by the use of snooping? But other players would then snoop, causing the spawn, and then kill the NPC. So make snooping a criminal act that functions sort of like stealing for detection?

What do you thieves think about this?

Possibly do the same thing for lock picking on chests and boxes and crates?

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as long as people draw breath there will be special interestes.

the current system of obtaining rares was developed to give the theif class some use, cince the main function of the thief was nerfed when trammel came out and you could no longer steal from players.

warior classes get better weapons and the ability to get items such as powerscrolls, minor artifacts, doom artifacts. and anything else you can obtain from combat... basicly 80% of everything.

mage classes fair just as well as fighters.

tamers, we you guys get greater dragons, nightmares, white wyms ect.. you get to controll things other classes wish they could.

crafters such as blacksmiths and tailors have the bod system.

carpenters and tinks have uses but need updates.

and the theif gets doom/takuno spawns.

and the idea of giving out "true rares" is fundemently flawed becaused even if lets say a covered chair only spawned once a month on each shard you are looking at over 240 broken chairs over the course of a year.
say you have a set of 10 such items, well were now at 2400 "true rares" per year.... and so on and so on, after a year or two those true rares will have lost there luster and people will be compaining about other items being included. its a endless cycle.

I am a rares coillector and have over 50 server biths and event items. ive taken 8+ years to amass this much. i worked for it. and except for the cheaters and dupers if you want something you need to earn it. if you cant get that rare painting that spawns once every 4 days, then just be patient. your time will come. dilligence is rewarded. lazyness is not.

granted i dont like and never have liked the idea of some "uber" items out there like vine cord sandles and such. having such events where 1 or a small handfull of people get soemthing special and everyone else getting nothing has always irked me.

i would personnaly like to see much more the melissa style of content where the events last for about 1 week to 10 days and ends. that way everyone gets the opportunity to participate and get anything special and they dont spawn forever. granted the guys who play more then others will get more, grow up thats life. if someone works for 10 hours at there job and a co worker works 20, the co worker will get paid more. it sucks, get over it.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
such events where 1 or a small handfull of people get soemthing special and everyone else getting nothing
But thats the fun of it! If your one of the lucky ones, you truely have a unique item, and the story to go with it; until it gets duped.

if someone works for 10 hours at there job and a co worker works 20, the co worker will get paid more
You should have seen the marketing department at this office i worked at... anything but work =). Oh yay! lets make some posters for hawaiian shirt friday! and we make more than the people that actually work! woohoo!

Marketing.. pfft. Front nine anyone?

H

Harb

There are several isues in one here, and there really are no "bad" ideas. My personal read on stealables is that it isn't broken as is. Different playstyles and strategy already exist, and it seems scripts are no longer a concern on this subject. Randomizing spawn times and locations actually will restrict playstyle, the only remaining tactic becomes running around/ drive-bys. Players would no longer be able to target what they actually want. If the system were completely revised and items may spawn anywhere in any land, you will completely remove artifact stealing as a playstyle emphasis within the game. My vote is to leave this one alone.

Rares are a separate subject, and do offer an expansion to the existing system. I really don't see added emphasis on server up items, they appeal mostly to those whose lifestyle or geography allow for play at a specific time in the server cycle, require no particular skills or effort, and consequently can never be uniformly "fair." Anything that is a rare per se may be seen as devalued to those collectors who find this aspect of the game important. I firmly disagree that because some have played for less time in our game's history than others, that some items should not be attainable by them. I'd like to see everything that has ever spawned, continue to spawn somewhere within the game, though with artifact tags on the newer items to avoid devalueing originals. I'd like to see them tied to the thief class. Some may spawn randomly throughout the numerous towns, some on toughened up NPCs, and probably are best suited to be Felucca spawn only.

Regardless of what might be done, I think the main thing to remember is that no playstyle, tactic, or player preference should ever be infringed upon by game changes, when it would have served the wants/ desires of everyone if any "change" were actually just an addition or expansion!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It has long been my dream that the stealables would spawn sporadically throughout the dungeons. They should not spawn in any one particular spot... They should not spawn at any given time span. It should be more sporadic. Certainly the lower level artifacts should spawn more frequently, but that's a given. But they most certainly should NEVER spawn always in the same exact spot....

Also..... I think it would be good if the rarest of the items spawned inside chests or something like a puzzle box of sorts that needed to be picked or solved before you could get the "prize".... One thought would be if they randomly appeared inside some sort of statue or something that would spawn randomly in a dungeon. Or if there were some sort of trigger for the spawn when the spawn was "ready" ..... you couldn't just stand around and constantly attempt to trigger the spawn.... it would have to be something equally as random...

Anyway as of now it's extremely camped and has been for some time. I recall back when Tokuno first opened up, I was one person on a three man team that pretty much stole 90% of the things spawning for quite some time. We learned the spawn spots and the spawn times in short order. Once that was learned it was only a matter of being there at the right time... but quite quickly you could tell the scripters were on to the times as well.... The item would disappear the instant it appeared. And most certainly most all the "big ticket" items are camped by the same scripters. I don't even bother trying anymore.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gosh, would you like them to appear in your bank box too, so you don't actually have to risk getting killed?

S

Smokey of LS

i dont necessarily think the random spawning throughout the dungeons and random times would be a bad idea, would def, be cool and make people look alot harder, and be that much more exciting to run across somethin good, but to come here crying that you cant get smethin, or this n that, seriously put the time in like everyone else if you want it bad enough, and scripting, i dunno bout that i know for a fact not one person scripts stealables on LS otherwise all the high end stealables "Weapons" wold not be obtainable which is not the case. i used to have notebooks full of the stuff that spawned at the exact time on the exact day, to know when it would roughly be back and when to be there watchin for it. and honestly the stuff is soo old now people really could care less about scripting these items. i make maybe 6 total runs through now a days not camping anything at all anymore and last 2-3 months have gottn 2 Titans Hammers, ! Blade of Righteous, and One Inquis and seen another inquis i just seen too late and there was a group already doin it. invest the time dont cry about it.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has long been my dream that the stealables would spawn sporadically throughout the dungeons. They should not spawn in any one particular spot... They should not spawn at any given time span. It should be more sporadic. Certainly the lower level artifacts should spawn more frequently, but that's a given. But they most certainly should NEVER spawn always in the same exact spot....

Also..... I think it would be good if the rarest of the items spawned inside chests or something like a puzzle box of sorts that needed to be picked or solved before you could get the "prize".... One thought would be if they randomly appeared inside some sort of statue or something that would spawn randomly in a dungeon. Or if there were some sort of trigger for the spawn when the spawn was "ready" ..... you couldn't just stand around and constantly attempt to trigger the spawn.... it would have to be something equally as random...

Anyway as of now it's extremely camped and has been for some time. I recall back when Tokuno first opened up, I was one person on a three man team that pretty much stole 90% of the things spawning for quite some time. We learned the spawn spots and the spawn times in short order. Once that was learned it was only a matter of being there at the right time... but quite quickly you could tell the scripters were on to the times as well.... The item would disappear the instant it appeared. And most certainly most all the "big ticket" items are camped by the same scripters. I don't even bother trying anymore.
I like this idea. It would get rid of the dang scripters who just sit there and camp then 24/7 Well, ok, maybe it wont get rid of the scripters, but it would certainly hinder their efforts a bit.

I don't see how some people think that this is not a good thing. It would add to the hunt a bit.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i do not agree to this, im a thief of 4-5 years now i i worked my ass off stealin to get everything and know when it all spawned. you need to invest more time or somethin, and now it isnt even that hard, not like back when there were 10 thieves on at a time and you actually had to beat thieves to the items, now you just have to be there when it spawns, and knowing how long it takes for each level arty to spawns helps... sounds like you just need to do a little research. and now you most likely have other thievs you can ask about these things, i had to figure every last bit of it out myself. work hard for what you want.
There are alot of people who dont have the time to invest on *doing the research*, these sort of people need to be catered to as well as everyone else. Although it may not *seem* fair please ask what could be more fair than everyone being clueless...always. Part of the excitement to this game had always been NOT knowing what was around the corner (or on the next screen.)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The ones claiming to be "doing the research" are flat out (thinks about the personal attack ROC), well, they aren't being truthful now are they? The stealable arty market is still being controlled by those that run the notorious 3rd party script program, let's not kid ourselves here. The player I paged on is STILL sitting at the Inq Res spawn spot, waiting to get a time off of it. I know I know, he's actively at his computer and has been for 8 days now, yeah right.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with a lot of what I've seen posted here. I would love to see more items available to the general public. But there are the "special intrests" gorups that shuld be kept in mind so make the itmes new not remakes or renamed. There's tons of chests that remain empty throught the lands, make some spawn in those, random times, random items. Some require a theif, some require a fight after triggering chest guardians or some such.

Anyway, sound like some neat ideas floating around.

Oriana

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i did a walk in fel and trammel, and to be honest, the only thing a theif can do is the stealables. for heavens sake they took everything out of the chests in the dungeons, now they dont spawn anything.nada zilch. so guess what they have to do.... wait for the few spawn chests with ohh whats that gold, a couple of gems and a potion or arrows/bolts. how exciting. sure you can still steal bacon and wires and whips and even the occasional rolling pin, whoop de friggin do..... i was very dissapointed. now the stealing skill is limited to a few ppl in fel, but mostly artie hunting, lockpicking is for treasure hunters only now... i swear people who play thieves primarily are probably dieing of boredom right about now.

S

Sir Stain

The key word is FAIR. I have seen the arti taken before it appeared. I bet you are one of those. With a game in trouble for lack of players, It is your attitude that keeps them away.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, if your a thief of 4-5 years, your saying that your opinion really matters right? Well, I'm a thief of 7 or so years. So that means my opinion is greater than yours :p
I think artifact camping is trash and not exactly fair to those who want even the smallest chance of getting it. Plus, where is the excitement in artifacts spawning in the exact spot on a specific clock? There is no excitement there at all, not even surprise. Random spawning would make everyone work, even those lame campers for once.

S

Sir Stain

So, if your a thief of 4-5 years, your saying that your opinion really matters right? Well, I'm a thief of 7 or so years. So that means my opinion is greater than yours :p
I think artifact camping is trash and not exactly fair to those who want even the smallest chance of getting it. Plus, where is the excitement in artifacts spawning in the exact spot on a specific clock? There is no excitement there at all, not even surprise. Random spawning would make everyone work, even those lame campers for once.
Thank you so much Viper for explaining this to Smokey in such an articulate manner. Smokey you are wrong! I want to express to all how important it is to me to keep this old game alive. There are new awsome new games on the horizon according to G4. Competition in a depression will be tough. How often do you see a young player on UO now days. Food for thought!!!!

T

Trebr Drab

Thank you so much Viper for explaining this to Smokey in such an articulate manner. Smokey you are wrong! I want to express to all how important it is to me to keep this old game alive. There are new awsome new games on the horizon according to G4. Competition in a depression will be tough. How often do you see a young player on UO now days. Food for thought!!!!
By making UO different. And doing it well, of course. Which it is, but they've closed the gap since it's release. They need to go for greater difference in the experience of playing the game.

S

Smokey of LS

There are alot of people who dont have the time to invest on *doing the research*, these sort of people need to be catered to as well as everyone else. Although it may not *seem* fair please ask what could be more fair than everyone being clueless...always. Part of the excitement to this game had always been NOT knowing what was around the corner (or on the next screen.)
my point is it takes time to learn, everyone wants everything handed to them on a silver platter. just about every thief has worked to learn the ways of stealing, and it isnt hard at all, you obviously dont spend much time doing it and dont get much, which dont surprise me. if you knew ANYTHING about it or even cared to try to figure this stuff out yourself you wouldnt be here crying about it. its very easy to ask other thiefs, when i did used to steal constantly all day i still helped sooooo many new thieves out by showing them all the spawn locations and telling them about the timer. we wouldnt give out our tiems of when good things spawned but we heped them all with the general. which you people apparently dont even try to do you just come here whinning, wanting everything handed to you, like i said if you want something bad enough you'll work hard for it, but not you guys, you come here wanting things changed and things handed to you with little or no work.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When my thief was on LS I can attest that Smokey was there and helped a lot of newer thieves. He is very competive, I used to call him Smoke*s* in chat and laugh because I knew if he was in the good stuff was gone. That said I would also ask that no one accuse this man of cheating with no knowledge of him or his history as a thief. He has worked very hard for what he has and deserves that much respect at least.

The rest is just polite conversation eh?

*waves at SmokeA..erOfLS*

T

Trebr Drab

my point is it takes time to learn, everyone wants everything handed to them on a silver platter. just about every thief has worked to learn the ways of stealing, and it isnt hard at all, you obviously dont spend much time doing it and dont get much, which dont surprise me. if you knew ANYTHING about it or even cared to try to figure this stuff out yourself you wouldnt be here crying about it. its very easy to ask other thiefs, when i did used to steal constantly all day i still helped sooooo many new thieves out by showing them all the spawn locations and telling them about the timer. we wouldnt give out our tiems of when good things spawned but we heped them all with the general. which you people apparently dont even try to do you just come here whinning, wanting everything handed to you, like i said if you want something bad enough you'll work hard for it, but not you guys, you come here wanting things changed and things handed to you with little or no work.
Smokey, there have been a boatload of complaints about this from thieves who were there waiting for the spawn, only to have it scarfed up by a scripter, over and over again. So these are obviously people who did the work and know the locations and timers.

The problem is the predictability allows cheaters to take most of the rares. Not that decent players are lazy.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one is wanting it handed to them, good god. If it is a random spawn how on earth would that be easier than it spawning on the same damn spot over and over? If anything you would have to be working harder to find where it will spawn next! This is far from easier, and thus, it would NOT be HANDED to us. I mean, you would still have to learn the timers.

P.S. No one, or at least I am not, accusing Smokey of cheating. Never even alluded to it.

R

RenaLynne

I dont even try anymore with the high end stealables. Although one time i did get close to getting a saddle, I know because guy who stole it left a book.:D I dont know if randomization would help or not.

S

Sir Stain

IF it were taken that I out right accused Smokey of cheating then it was not my intentions. I deny the charges. The basic rule of law litigation is when you have a weak case, bring in character witnesses. This is you Airmid! The law views them in this way, because they say it, does not make it true. Viper has made an excellent defense that is most convincing. Fair Is Fair!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Devs, make this change already. I'm tired of having to battle Stay at home Moms that run the stealable routes all day and night..Damn your kids must get hungry...

S

Salty Pete

Actually... This would be a pretty cool change. I know I might add stealing to a character if it were possible to steal items in the dungeons. I am not willing to run a 3rd party program to "script" steal so getting the artifacts really isn't an option for me. (Plus I play at strange hours due to my job). I would love to be exploring and happen across something that could be swiped.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this really doesn't have anything to do with thieves just treasure hunters and rares collectors.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this really doesn't have anything to do with thieves just treasure hunters and rares collectors.

This also doesn't have anything to do with pvp, but you don't see anyone else pointing out the obvious...

The term thief is generally applied to one who has stealing skill. After all, stealing is used to get these items. You should know that by now unless you just like being picky, lol.

E

Eslake

Someone needs their morning coffe. ;)
You are basically saying "I know when to be where to get a stealable, if you randomize it, I would have to go hunt for it, so you are asking for things to be Handed to you."

Read it again after you have your coffee and a smoke. :p

Randomizing is not to make it Easier, it is to make it Harder. What is hard about looking up when something spawns and hitting a rune to that spot and just sitting there?
Compared to having to actively search a dungeon, never knowing if it was time to spawn or not..

I know which sounds harder to me, by a very large degree.

And consider this..
The 3rd party prog mentioned above, reads the datastream to/from the client. So the script sees the spawn BEFORE the client displays it. So the Bots not only never sleep, don't need restroom breaks, don't eat, and never so much as blink, they can see the item spawn Before it spawns.

They did the "hard work" of finding out when it would spawn next, easy work for them since they likely got the previous one. ;) And the only time they aren't there waiting for the next spawn is the day of (or sometimes the day after) a patch.

With that in mind, and given the value of a Resolution, what percentage of them on your shard do you think were obtained legitimately? Maybe 1%? 2%?

S

Smokey of LS

nope im tellin your what i think, could careless if anyone thinks it really matters or not, its your choice if you wanna read what i write or pass it up. just tellin ya what i think and how i feel on the situation. like any of this matter anyways, period. nothin is gonna change. so cry me a river, build me a bridge and get the F**k over it!

S

Smokey of LS

Someone needs their morning coffe. ;)
You are basically saying "I know when to be where to get a stealable, if you randomize it, I would have to go hunt for it, so you are asking for things to be Handed to you."

Read it again after you have your coffee and a smoke. :p

Randomizing is not to make it Easier, it is to make it Harder. What is hard about looking up when something spawns and hitting a rune to that spot and just sitting there?
Compared to having to actively search a dungeon, never knowing if it was time to spawn or not..

I know which sounds harder to me, by a very large degree.

And consider this..
The 3rd party prog mentioned above, reads the datastream to/from the client. So the script sees the spawn BEFORE the client displays it. So the Bots not only never sleep, don't need restroom breaks, don't eat, and never so much as blink, they can see the item spawn Before it spawns.

They did the "hard work" of finding out when it would spawn next, easy work for them since they likely got the previous one. ;) And the only time they aren't there waiting for the next spawn is the day of (or sometimes the day after) a patch.

With that in mind, and given the value of a Resolution, what percentage of them on your shard do you think were obtained legitimately? Maybe 1%? 2%?
no thats my point if any of you knew anything about stealing stealables you would no there's a window, for exm, lvl 10 weapons can spanw between a 6 day period and it took me TIME and PATIENCE to learn that not comin here cryin i couldnt get anything. figure it out yourself. and like i said with the WINDOW the things could spawn means NOTHING is handed to you even knows the basic times of things still takes time and patience to get them and like i said before ALOT of hard work that most people here dont seem to wanna do, and your right it would make it harder so if they did do this, two weeks later they'd be back crying how they cant find anything.

and yea i get off work at 7:30am good time for me to come rant and rave :p

oh and all you on your "scriptin" thing, i dunno what shards your on but i find that hard to believe, on LS when i make runs through doom and dojo maybe 6 times total a day and just happen to run across titans hammers or z-claws or blade SITTING there, just because you people dont check enough doesnt mean real thiefs that know what they are doin doesnt and like i said before most people could care less with them being as old as it all is to waste there time scripting them and with the wide variety of items to get and large range of places to be at once.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope im tellin your what i think, could careless if anyone thinks it really matters or not, its your choice if you wanna read what i write or pass it up. just tellin ya what i think and how i feel on the situation. like any of this matter anyways, period. nothin is gonna change. so cry me a river, build me a bridge and get the F**k over it!
Everyone here is giving their opinion and so far everyone has been doing it without getting all pissed over it until now. So congrats for breaking that nice streak, we all now know who can and can't make a mature argument without turning to pointless flaming and ranting. If you can't make a proper rebuttal then don't bother, we don't need that kind of attitude here.

C

Connor_Graham

oh and all you on your "scriptin" thing, i dunno what shards your on but i find that hard to believe
Then you're definitely in the minority on this one. Maybe you should try checking out some of those shards you haven't been to before claiming something isn't true.

S

Smokey of LS

no basicly alot of these posts are being directed towards me since i do not agree with alot that has been said about it, so when i read crap like i want things handed to me, kinda makes me mad, once again like i said ive worked looooooooooooooooooong and hard for every artifact ive stole. and the "minority" huh lol, well that maybe the case, but i dont have that problem on LS so, yea repeating myself again here.... i find that hard to believe on alot of shards.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh Great and Almighty Stealable Arty Master!!!! Please, grace us or me, with the name of your Unbelievable Legal No Ones Worked As Hard As Me At Finding Artys characters name please. I would love to come to LS and watch you perform your nightly feats of amazing wonderment.......name?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh Great and Almighty Stealable Arty Master!!!! Please, grace us or me, with the name of your Unbelievable Legal No Ones Worked As Hard As Me At Finding Artys characters name please. I would love to come to LS and watch you perform your nightly feats of amazing wonderment.......name?
Perhaps it's Smokey?