• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question re: dealing with the exploit...

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Because I've spoken to him. Only enough to know he took advantage of the bug, not enough to know whats happening now.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the devs didn't know your houseowner was an exploiter, they know now!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Because I've spoken to him. Only enough to know he took advantage of the bug, not enough to know whats happening now.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Players *themselves* have been coming here for ages and talking about stuff they do or did in game that was against the ToS, and they didnt' get busted for it. I really think EA probably already knows about that guy, but if they didn't I doubt seriously they'd do anything about it based on what amounts to hearsay here, unless that owner is one of the ones stupid enough to come here and say they did it, but even then as I said before he probably wouldn't get busted. Sometimes I've had conversations with people IN GAME where they admit to botting or exploiting, turn in a report on them and they still dont' do anything with the admission right there in the transcript. So, I don't think this guy narc'd on anybody who wasn't already gonna get in trouble if they are gonna get in trouble

S

smplyslpng

well to an extent, I belong to 3 houses, so that doesn't narrow it down much. Also I believe in my posts I said roomie, someone else mentioned owner and I didn't correct them. Plus this isn't my sims name in game, so taking all that into account, i'm not really concerned about if the devs do or don't know. They can track it all via the logs they have so they dont need a post from me to tell them what they already know. And regardless I didn't come on here to get anyone into trouble or turn anyone in, I came on to ask a question about how this would affect me. I've gotten my answers and have moved on. Thanks everyone.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Players *themselves* have been coming here for ages and talking about stuff they do or did in game that was against the ToS, and they didnt' get busted for it. I really think EA probably already knows about that guy, but if they didn't I doubt seriously they'd do anything about it based on what amounts to hearsay here, unless that owner is one of the ones stupid enough to come here and say they did it, but even then as I said before he probably wouldn't get busted. Sometimes I've had conversations with people IN GAME where they admit to botting or exploiting, turn in a report on them and they still dont' do anything with the admission right there in the transcript. So, I don't think this guy narc'd on anybody who wasn't already gonna get in trouble if they are gonna get in trouble

[/ QUOTE ]

Psssssst. It's called teasing.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

well to an extent, I belong to 3 houses, so that doesn't narrow it down much. Also I believe in my posts I said roomie, someone else mentioned owner and I didn't correct them. Plus this isn't my sims name in game, so taking all that into account, i'm not really concerned about if the devs do or don't know. They can track it all via the logs they have so they dont need a post from me to tell them what they already know. And regardless I didn't come on here to get anyone into trouble or turn anyone in, I came on to ask a question about how this would affect me. I've gotten my answers and have moved on. Thanks everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was teasing you. Your little query opened up a busy thread. I think Duncan and others gave you primo advice about moving on. There are many really cool people in this game and none of them spend their time finding or using exploits. I have no doubt you will land on your feet, if you haven't already. Take Carrie and others up on their offers to help you out with replacement stuff, too. If you see me in game drop me a line. I'm overloaded with stuff.

S

smplyslpng

Oh ok, I missed the Wink. Thank you everyone for your offers of help, it is much appreciated. I haven't made a final decision at this time but I apprecaite everyones support. Thanks!

G

all paying sims online customers should be allowed some kind of disbursment for the countless hours theyve spent being unable to play their fav sims, due to the move to ealand.... and a lot of us earned our simoleans without the use of bots and bugs, alot of us lost rares, avatars, and our propertys, should we be the ones who pays for electronic arts, and maxis failures, and shouldnt we deserve some sort of recognition and respect for staying in the game through all the BS ????

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I guess you can say you think we deserve reimbursement. But the ToS clearly says that EA does not even have to give you aniv. gift or any type of reimbursement for down time. Of course, this would make some happy and most don't even care. But the ToS is basically a contract and they don't have to do anything to please us except give us what we pay for with the exception of possible down time to fix bugs and such.

Plus EA Land is in Beta all this "BS" will happen a lot. If you don't like it, there are free accounts and everyone has the option to cancel any paying subscriptions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

all paying sims online customers should be allowed some kind of disbursment for the countless hours theyve spent being unable to play their fav sims, due to the move to ealand.... and a lot of us earned our simoleans without the use of bots and bugs, alot of us lost rares, avatars, and our propertys, should we be the ones who pays for electronic arts, and maxis failures, and shouldnt we deserve some sort of recognition and respect for staying in the game through all the BS ????

[/ QUOTE ]

o.
thats right! Fight for your right!

to what... IDK. Good luck with the anger issues &lt;3