• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pub 56 Question/spoiler

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whats with the wierd green scroll you get for killing the skeletal liech? it
is very odd and hard to understand. Hard to test is my point.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, it's a mystery quest - it's supposed to be hard to understand :)

Leoric's diary in Yew says that the scrolls from the skeletal liches need to be used to get etchings of the wall carvings in Khaldun. Have you tried using the scroll on every decoration in Khaldun? I don't have a scroll yet so I can't test this...

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't seem to get a scroll. I wish they would have made it so anyone who gets looting rights has a chance to get it.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is a skeletal lich the same thing as an ancient lich?

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No to ALich vs Skeletal the skeletals are dark bone deamon looking things.

i will visit kaladrun asap.

The scroll poped into my pack
i had allread read the book in yew.
i had allready visited Kaladrun and found another green book and had read that to...

The mystery continues!

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't seem to get a scroll. I wish they would have made it so anyone who gets looting rights has a chance to get it.
As long as you're in the top 20 damage dealers, you will get the scroll IF AND ONLY IF you have done the first step of the quest. As Jeremy posted in the notes, you cannot bypass any steps of the quest or you will not be able to continue. The quest starts at Yew Court House (as spammed by the NPCs), make sure to start there and read the book.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as you're in the top 20 damage dealers, you will get the scroll IF AND ONLY IF you have done the first step of the quest. As Jeremy posted in the notes, you cannot bypass any steps of the quest or you will not be able to continue. The quest starts at Yew Court House (as spammed by the NPCs), make sure to start there and read the book.
Blah that is why. I forgot I switched characters when my other one died in khaldon. Well excuse my dumbness I'm off to yew again. :)

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*--* Spoiler continues *--*

After getting that green scroll from the skeletal lich at brit graveyard, go back to khaldun. The wall carvings that are scattered around the northern side of the dungeon might come into your attention ;)
Click your green scroll twice and target all 9 carvings in khaldun.
After you´ve done this, your scroll will change into a black bod book thingy.
This one has to be soaked in blood!
At the south of the dungeon, there´s a room with some coffins (with names on em) and a bit to the west of that there´s a blood bath.
Simply dbl click your book and target the blood and your book will become red.

For any info beyond this point I´d be thankfull! ;)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skeletal lich no-likes EVs. Pretty much insta-dispels them. Same with summons it appears. Icky.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have gotten as far as the blood soaked book but no further, anyone else gotten farther along?:) Thought mabey you had to kill Wale and his buds... their journals provided nothing new.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't currently see it, but once you have soaked the book in blood, the text on it changes to:

"Speak Sarcophagidae in the central room of the Tomb."

Sak

L

Lord Drakelord

*--* Spoiler continues *--*

After getting that green scroll from the skeletal lich at brit graveyard, go back to khaldun. The wall carvings that are scattered around the northern side of the dungeon might come into your attention ;)
Click your green scroll twice and target all 9 carvings in khaldun.
After you´ve done this, your scroll will change into a black bod book thingy.
This one has to be soaked in blood!
At the south of the dungeon, there´s a room with some coffins (with names on em) and a bit to the west of that there´s a blood bath.
Simply dbl click your book and target the blood and your book will become red.

For any info beyond this point I´d be thankfull! ;)
What template you using to kill it on TC? Mage is no good against it as any summons are dispel and if you cast on it you are pulled to it where it can hit you. Also if you prov anything on to it, it kills that really fast, but little damage is done to it. I am assuming only undead weapons in skill warriors or archers hands are the key.

Also what if you don't travel to Yew courthouse, read the book and talk to Jasper, will you still see this scroll if you are the one that does the most damage to it? Or are you just pissing in the wind?

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me and another player killed one last night with just ev's. It took us a long time between it dispelling and running out of mana but it can be done.:D

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tight, Thank you.:)

having spammed the word all over in every portion of the tomb "central" as well I think I missed a step to get to the Central room. in the center of the map I gett the message "I dont see why i would want to do that" but no where else
see below.

I must be really slow or am not correctly using the 1 switch and cannot make it back in time to pull the 2. anyone have luck with this?

S

Sammie

Figured out something at least......

Go into khaldun and go southwest to the ant hole looking thing and double click it. Say Sarcophagidae. He responds to keywords and tells you where to go next.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Sammie big help! Ill just finish up cooking for my Daughter and log back in in a bit.

Rumil of Lorain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when I go to Yew and talk to Jasper then click the book it says I am to young for this,
well I am on a ten year acct and another thing in my profile it says this acct is 500 months old evidently I have been playing way to long hehe

S

Sammie

Rumil I had the same problem on my new character. I'm assuming they have some requirement that you must be X amount of days old to do the quest. I just logged on a character that I've had since pub 55 and it worked fine.

S

Sammie

********************************PICTURE SPOILER********************************

Same graphic as tainted seeds, but white with the typical cliloc error message for a title

A new baddie named Sicarii. She's mean! Shoots spider webs for about 20 damage per web and hit me for 102 damage when I got too close. Her attacks are the same as meph from champ spawns.

K

kristypl

I got the green scroll, when i go to khaldun either in tram or fel i think ive found the wall paintings .. not sure. red banners with white print?? but all i get are cliloc errors . . and i only found 4 of those banners. . am i doing something wrong . . did i miss a step??

S

Sammie

I got the green scroll, when i go to khaldun either in tram or fel i think ive found the wall paintings .. not sure. red banners with white print?? but all i get are cliloc errors . . and i only found 4 of those banners. . am i doing something wrong . . did i miss a step??
Yeah, the cliloc errors will be around until the client is published. You'll know your getting the right wall painting though because you will get a green card in your backpack, it looks like a valentine's day card except green. When you get them all (there are nine) just start double clicking them and eventually they will do what they are supposed to.

S

Sammie

wheres that spider room?

They have made this quest similar to the royal council quest, meaning you cannot get to any step without doing every single step preceding it. What step are you on?

S

Sammie

*******************************PICTURE SPOILER...AGAIN*******************************

Cliloc errors again for titles, but the right hand side of my backpack (with the exception of the white tainted seed things) is what is dropped from the Sicarii.
The white tainted seed things are dropped from the drone and death spiders that spawn in the room.

The reward at the end of the quest! Courtesy of Legend of The Hidden Temple (LHT) of Great Lakes, FTW!!

K

kristypl

I guess im not sure of the steps. . . is there a post with steps??
all i have done so far is talk to jasper and killed the skeletal lich at brit cemetary and got the green scroll

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool stuff, dint have a party of Greater dragons and ran out of time to even start to kill Sicarii.

My initial problem stemmed from an error, I restarted quest got another scroll did the steps over again and finally summoned ole boy to tell me where to go next. I now have two blood soaked books in my pack . I think its bugged.

Steps seem so far:

1) Yew Court, read Journal

2) Brit Cem, Kill on the Liche get green scroll.

3) To Khaldun, dbl click green scroll onto 9 wall carvings.

4) click on one of the nine green pages to make black book.

5) black book to SW corner to blood pool. dbl clk book to pool.

6) Find the central room (ant like hole) dbl clk to get in, say the name sarcophagidae to summon dark guardian.

7) say stuff to trigger conversation get info of burned house on the edge of jehlom.

8) Read small semi hidden book at burned out home to get sicarii pass word.

9. Back to khaldun find the circle with skull candles that light up, speak sicarii. pow!

I have no clue what to do with the two levers maybe I am too slow, But the above gets ya into the spider's room.

M

monica33

Can someone maybe post map showing where the etchings are? Ive spent almost 4 hours looking for the last one and im about to give up! Also i know where the switches are supposed to be but the first one is not there? Im almost certain that the last one i cant find is behind the hidden door that i cant get opened!? Or is it? Argh! LOL Any help would be appreciated! :)

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool stuff, dint have a party of Greater dragons and ran out of time to even start to kill Sicarii.

7) say stuff to trigger conversation get info of burned house on the edge of jehlom.

8) Read small semi hidden book at burned out home to get sicarii pass word.

Someone erased what was supposed to be in the book and wrote bad stuff so they might want to change it so people can't erase the password. :D

I've done everything and when I stand on the alter and say the password it keeps saying ( you cannot think of a reason to want to do this) =(

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone clicked on the wall carvings they all say different things. One talks about five cloaked figures leading men chained together towards a black pit.

I'm guessing the five cloaked figures are the strangers.

S

Sammie

Someone erased what was supposed to be in the book and wrote bad stuff so they might want to change it so people can't erase the password. :D

lol we thought this at first as well, but you are looking at the wrong book. The book you are looking for is directly underneath that burned bookcase, somewhat concealed. Once you read it you will be allowed into the spider's room.

The spider isn't difficult, about the same as meph. We took her out with 2 greater drags and 1 healer. The problem is she sends spider webs out like meph and then retargets and chases that person and hits for 90+ damage. The best system we found was to have the two tamers put their pets on her and run off screen and invise while the 3rd player healed. Since the 3rd person wasn't attacking, she never sent a web for them and they kept the two dragons alive. Went really smoothly that way.

Watch out for the corners (like a 5 tile radius from it too) if you walk there it will spawn death spiders (similar to dread spiders) and drones. You will need to kill them at some point, for those white seed things, but it can get really hectic with all that extra spawn when Sicarii is up. Once Sicarii is dead, you get a green gourd looking thing and a spindle looking thing (sorry for vagueness, all titles are cliloc errors). To get the spider web you have to have that spindle and the 10 of the white seeds. Double click the spindle and it will change into a deed, which is the spider web.

The green gourd thing I'm assuming is some sort of poison sac that we have to use to destroy those pillars in all the cemeteries, but when we used them on the pillar we got cliloc messages and our "gourds" disappeared, so I would guess a certain number of people have to do the same before the pillar is destroyed.

S

Sammie

Can someone maybe post map showing where the etchings are? Ive spent almost 4 hours looking for the last one and im about to give up! Also i know where the switches are supposed to be but the first one is not there? Im almost certain that the last one i cant find is behind the hidden door that i cant get opened!? Or is it? Argh! LOL Any help would be appreciated! :)
I can't get to the switches either, but I never needed to. I'm not sure why they are there. There is also a coffin that slowly lowers to the ground (at least a section of one) with an eagle statue in front of it, and I have no idea what that is there for. When i try to move the eagle statue, it gives a message along the lines of it being too heavy.

The tricky one I remember was the one above the entrance when you first come in. That was the one that held me up, did you have that one already?

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol we thought this at first as well, but you are looking at the wrong book. The book you are looking for is directly underneath that burned bookcase, somewhat concealed. Once you read it you will be allowed into the spider's room.

The spider isn't difficult, about the same as meph. We took her out with 2 greater drags and 1 healer. The problem is she sends spider webs out like meph and then retargets and chases that person and hits for 90+ damage. The best system we found was to have the two tamers put their pets on her and run off screen and invise while the 3rd player healed. Since the 3rd person wasn't attacking, she never sent a web for them and they kept the two dragons alive. Went really smoothly that way.

Watch out for the corners (like a 5 tile radius from it too) if you walk there it will spawn death spiders (similar to dread spiders) and drones. You will need to kill them at some point, for those white seed things, but it can get really hectic with all that extra spawn when Sicarii is up. Once Sicarii is dead, you get a green gourd looking thing and a spindle looking thing (sorry for vagueness, all titles are cliloc errors). To get the spider web you have to have that spindle and the 10 of the white seeds. Double click the spindle and it will change into a deed, which is the spider web.

The green gourd thing I'm assuming is some sort of poison sac that we have to use to destroy those pillars in all the cemeteries, but when we used them on the pillar we got cliloc messages and our "gourds" disappeared, so I would guess a certain number of people have to do the same before the pillar is destroyed.

oh ok Thanks a bunch. Off to read the right book now. LOL :D

M

monica33

Think I got the one you are talking about there is one by one of the entrances and i have the one on the other side of the wall near the other entrance too.......

A

A Wandering Soul

Rumil I had the same problem on my new character. I'm assuming they have some requirement that you must be X amount of days old to do the quest. I just logged on a character that I've had since pub 55 and it worked fine.
Thats not entirely accurate. I created a new tc1 character yesterday morning and wasted no time in getting to the courthouse. I did not speak to Jasper right away. Instead I skimmed through the journal, not taking too much time to study its words. I was thinking I would do it after work, when I had the time to do the quest.

I came home from work and tried to read the journal... It said I was to young to attempt the quest. WTF

I know for a fact, I was able to read the journal in the morning...

S

Sammie

Thats not entirely accurate. I created a new tc1 character yesterday morning and wasted no time in getting to the courthouse. I did not speak to Jasper right away. Instead I skimmed through the journal, not taking too much time to study its words. I was thinking I would do it after work, when I had the time to do the quest.

I came home from work and tried to read the journal... It said I was to young to attempt the quest. WTF

I know for a fact, I was able to read the journal in the morning...

I reread the pub notes, and it says you have to be 15 days old to do the quest except on test center. Apparently they didn't override that requirement like they said. I got the same message on my new character saying I was "too young to choose that fate"

S

Sammie

Think I got the one you are talking about there is one by one of the entrances and i have the one on the other side of the wall near the other entrance too.......
Run all the way back to the northwest corner, there are 7 more back there.

M

monica33

Thankyou for your help I finally found the one Iwas missing dont know why I didnt see it yesterday! *puts husbands glasses back, hoping he didnt notice* :) I already had the ones by the other door but the one on the end I somehow didnt notice before.

M

Millie

I cant find the litch in graveyard. do you have to do someting spical to get him to come out? I have read the book in yew.

L

Lady Kiara

For the people that don't know.... The switches i believe are not part of the quest... it's a normal function of the dungeon..you can check it out if you wish it's fun to try to get the wall open...:lick:

Heres how...

MAP OF Khaldun

In the center of the Dungeon one can find a sealed off room (green colored area) that holds various monsters. The door to this room can be found at F and is usally closed. To open the door, first go to D and discover the hidden switch. Flicking the switch will reveal a lever at point E. Run as quickly as you can to there (or use a friend waiting at that point), and pull the lever which will open the door found at F. After a short while, the door will close and there is no way to open it from inside. To get out of the room, use one of the four teleporters inside the room. They will teleport you outside of the room to the corresponding floor mark (see map).:spider:

M

monica33

Except that the switch thats supposed to be there is not! It's missing!

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where is that burned house in Jhelom by chance , heh

Thanks in Advance

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one knows for sure yet.....I am guessing.:)