• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Production Shard PvPers Can't Handle Siege

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stopped taking this thread seriously a while ago.
The only thing that could lure me back to siege is @kelmo =D
Was it you who rode by my house a couple days back on Chessie? A bit south of the bridge south of Luna. I was in cleaning the paintings and all out, something I hadn't done in way to long. Was that Giggles you? *peeks out warily from under the pile of SoTs she'd been hauling*

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Again, look at my original post, thank you for proving it. Poor little kids can't cut the grind, lol. Awwww it's toooo hard to play with one character. Again, thank you for proving my point that production PvPers can't handle Siege...la

Despite your fervent trolling, I'd like to point out can't and won't are two entirely separate things.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
actually it is if you are red, there are still guards in these towns that will kill you. Bo has died several times to this and it sucks to lose your **** cuase of a game mechanics that should have been fixed long ago. Basically stealth needs to go back to counting the 8 steps and waiting to reuse the skill.
I think it's about time Devs fix this guards, when battle town, guards should be gone and first back 2 min after the battle is over. I miss seeing reds on Siege

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Was it you who rode by my house a couple days back on Chessie? A bit south of the bridge south of Luna. I was in cleaning the paintings and all out, something I hadn't done in way to long. Was that Giggles you? *peeks out warily from under the pile of SoTs she'd been hauling*
Sorry wasn't me. Giggles is the name I am most known by, however I don't think i have any current characters named "Giggles" anymore. There is a Giggles on Siege also, but that as well is not me. My name when i was over there was Pebbles I think.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today's UO production server PvPer just can't handle Siege...it's too hard for them. But why?

Too impatient to build a character...
Too attached to Trammel...
Too attached to insurance...
Too attached to multiple character slots...

Sure they'll say that the server is empty, but if enough of you stuck around that would change. Then again, I won't hold my breath since most of you can't hack it...

just sayin'...la
Heh, were you shooting for an "OH YEAH? I'll show you! *runs off to make siege pvp character*" kind of reaction here? :p

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh, were you shooting for an "OH YEAH? I'll show you! *runs off to make siege pvp character*" kind of reaction here? :p
Nah, just pointing out the reason that the production shard PvPers aren't over on Siege. :) ...la

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The difficult part of Siege is not the amount of time to train, it's having to play with out insurance and no facets where you can hide from attack...la
Every time you stealth, you're hiding from attack...la. You might as well be phase shifting into another reality *cough*Trammel*cough*, yet still able to see what's going on in Fel. People can't/won't attack you, simply because they don't know you're there.

Basically stealth needs to go back to counting the 8 steps and waiting to reuse the skill.
This ^. Stealth used to take more player skill to use, you actually had to pay attention. One misstep, and you were exposed for several seconds, and if you came under attack during those several seconds, you were unable to re-hide/stealth (no Smoke/Egg Bombs, or even Shadowstrike back then). SE made Stealth completely mindless and Easy Mode. Almost 19 years of playing various MMORPGs has taught me just how utterly powerful Stealth mechanics are in PvP.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People can't/won't attack you, simply because they don't know you're there.
Use Detect Hidden/Tracking, the two skills the game provides to counter the two skills Hiding/Stealth and stop whining. You want to find people and do them in as a playstyle? Then train the needed skills, you poor wittle frustrated twammie :( ...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Use Detect Hidden/Tracking, the two skills the game provides to counter the two skills Hiding/Stealth and stop whining. You want to find people and do them in as a playstyle? Then train the needed skills, you poor wittle frustrated twammie :( ...
Have you trained either of these and used them?

Aside from this, who wants to waste the time for two worthless skills because "pvpers" on Siege want to hide and stealth the entire time?

Id rather dig my eyes out with a spoon.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you trained either of these and used them?
Have done Detect Hidden on a thief years back on Chessie.

Aside from this, who wants to waste the time for two worthless skills because "pvpers" on Siege want to hide and stealth the entire time?
They're hardly worthless, they let you hunt down your opponents as they are intended to. You want to kill people who don't want to be easy targets? Learn the skills to do it.

gods, I called him a twammie in that last post, :lol: am I getting tired of the whining or what. :rolleyes2:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Every time you stealth, you're hiding from attack...la. You might as well be phase shifting into another reality *cough*Trammel*cough*, yet still able to see what's going on in Fel. People can't/won't attack you, simply because they don't know you're there.
Oh, they will know Rico are there, as his fingers will be all over your backpack :p. Maybe it's to late when they find out :p

However I would like to see nerf to stealth, so you again will have a chance to drop out of stealth, when you move, special if you are near someone

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trust me Freja, you get revealed quite often (especially as a human) in stealth. Less so on Siege, but I still get revealed quite often with GM Hiding and 80 Stealth...la

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trust me Freja, you get revealed quite often (especially as a human) in stealth. Less so on Siege, but I still get revealed quite often with GM Hiding and 80 Stealth...la
Actually, no, you do not, although things may be different on Siege due to the prevalence of stealthers. I "fight" several stealthers and NONE of them will reveal themselves when I do damage, if they know what they're doing. Detect Hidden works, yes, but you have to have a general idea of where they are...and most templates cannot fit it. Same with Tracking. While both have the JOAT passive if you're a human (and I use passive Tracking fairly regularly), if you go that route you'll fail far more often than not against a stealther.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Have done Detect Hidden on a thief years back on Chessie.

They're hardly worthless, they let you hunt down your opponents as they are intended to. You want to kill people who don't want to be easy targets? Learn the skills to do it.

gods, I called him a twammie in that last post, :lol: am I getting tired of the whining or what. :rolleyes2:

So you're basing a siege post based on production character.

Interesting.

I have trained these skills under the same gains the only use they get were for tmaps and faction traps.

If you use these on a "pvp" character, you are going to die.

Pot meet kettle. In your case "twammie".

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Detect Hidden works, yes, but you have to have a general idea of where they are...and most templates cannot fit it. Same with Tracking.
You adjust your max skill numbers to make every skill you need fit as best you can. I had to do it to get the best 720 real skill for my playstyle, why shouldn't others? I've got all kinds of powerscrolled skills I found I had to run at GM or less to be good at what I wanted to be good at. It's all tradeoffs, you choose what you want to do and fit in the best skill levels you can to do the best you can at it.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you're basing a siege post based on production character.

Interesting.

I have trained these skills under the same gains the only use they get were for tmaps and faction traps.

If you use these on a "pvp" character, you are going to die.

Pot meet kettle. In your case "twammie".
I'm not a PvPer, I'm a Gatherer/Crafter, so i guess that makes me a 'twammie' to anyone into killing others.

If you want to hunt and kill those with stealther skill then learn the skills to counter their stealthing. The steather puts 180 to 220 real skill into stealthing, the hunter puts 200 in finding skills. You want to PvP steathers then fit in the needed skills.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm not a PvPer, I'm a Gatherer/Crafter, so i guess that makes me a 'twammie' to anyone into killing others.

If you want to hunt and kill those with stealther skill then learn the skills to counter their stealthing. The steather puts 180 to 220 real skill into stealthing, the hunter puts 200 in finding skills. You want to PvP steathers then fit in the needed skills.

Then I must bear asking why you are giving template advice for Pvp on Siege?

The point is no one wants to spend their time grinding out skills to fight stealthers.

There is nothing fun about it.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then I must bear asking why you are giving template advice for Pvp on Siege?
I'm playing on a shard where I can be hunted anywhere I travel. I studied my opponents to learn what they could do to kill me. In RL it's called know your enemy. Might be how I've gone three years since moving to Siege no worst than beat near dead but never actually killed.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When they remove guard zone on a pvp shard, make houses public, and fix stealth. I'll gladly come kill you Fel living Trammies(then ofc you'll all just quit)Till then..enjoy the solitude on that ****ty island

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When they remove guard zone on a pvp shard, make houses public, and fix stealth. I'll gladly come kill you Fel living Trammies(then ofc you'll all just quit)Till then..enjoy the solitude on that ****ty island
Oooo... keep talking so threateningly ... *laughs*

I'm usually outside any guard zones gathering and not in my house, stealthing isn't broken you just need the countering skills. Train the needed PvP skills instead of whining and come say hi, I'm often on during the day and I rarely stealth around, come hunt my ass down. :)

What hours you usually play? I'll shift my play hours to match.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You adjust your max skill numbers to make every skill you need fit as best you can. I had to do it to get the best 720 real skill for my playstyle, why shouldn't others? I've got all kinds of powerscrolled skills I found I had to run at GM or less to be good at what I wanted to be good at. It's all tradeoffs, you choose what you want to do and fit in the best skill levels you can to do the best you can at it.
I play a parry scribe as my pvp'er - 5x120, GM Scribe, 20 Med. I have other mages, although one's a weaving tamer, one's a skill-holder (originally designed as a nox/scribe), and the other a mystic. The only one that can realistically fit either skill is my pvp'er, but I'd have to remove Scribe to do so...and trading extra damage for the ability to reveal stealthers isn't worth it.

I get the "invest in skills to counter it" argument, but that shouldn't be the only way to do it. If they take damage from direct-damage AoE spells (ESPECIALLY Earthquake. How does it make sense that you can remain hidden during one?) or get poisoned by a field, it should reveal them. Right now, it doesn't, and they can just stealth away without you ever knowing where they went.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
With other words, you want it easy to kill players.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With other words, you want it easy to kill players.
In other words you consider house hiding/guard hiding/stealthing pvp?? I forgot..I am talking about siege players. My bad!

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In other words you consider house hiding/guard hiding/stealthing pvp?? I forgot..I am talking about siege players. My bad!

We don't hide in houses or by guards in fear of big bad mouthy prodo Pvpers who babble big b.s., we go out and have fun. Why should we hide? None of you big bad b.s.ers will make the effort to be a danger to any of us. All you people are is all bark and no bite.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Grr us Siegers are big and bad and tough, I bet you're all too scared to come and fight us! But if you do, make sure to hobble your template with a couple hundred points of tracking and detect, because we're not coming out of stealth!

Who really cares? It's a dead shard. There's like five people who play it and all they do is post here begging for more players.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm playing on a shard where I can be hunted anywhere I travel. I studied my opponents to learn what they could do to kill me. In RL it's called know your enemy. Might be how I've gone three years since moving to Siege no worst than beat near dead but never actually killed.
So, I'm going to paraphrase this to help you understand what I think you're telling me.

You've learned to stealth on a dead shard and you haven't died in three years.

This doesn't mean you accomplished something and therefor you know, it simply means you've encountered the law of probability on a dead shard.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We don't hide in houses or by guards in fear of big bad mouthy prodo Pvpers who babble big b.s., we go out and have fun. Why should we hide? None of you big bad b.s.ers will make the effort to be a danger to any of us. All you people are is all bark and no bite.
So you want us to make chars on a dead shard, spend god knows how much on soulstones, and whatever else we need on Siege so we can "fight" people who don't want to show themselves because they're on stealthers. Please tell me how any of that makes even an ounce of sense.

People have played Siege. They know what goes on, and trying to tell us otherwise is pointless. You may consider that to be pvp, but pretty much everyone else doesn't. We want to actually FIGHT, not chase people around all day hoping they screw up and reveal themselves, since our templates likely won't be geared towards revealing them every time.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back when you only needed exceptional crafted armor, no insurance was okay. Now the concept is a joke.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sound off all you want prodo Pvpers *chuckles* The shard is not dead, there's just not a bunch of easy targets running around with 'KILL ME! I'm easy!' signs on them. You feel all helpless and to weak with 200 real skill put into the required skills to PvP on Siege? Fine, stay on prodo where you feel all safe and secure.

Wonder how many stealthers stroll by you in fel and laugh at you because you refuse to gain the needed skills because you would feel all helpless and weak with those skills.

Any of you screw up the nerve to come hunt people on Siege, be sure to say hi. :)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is more so amusing because the thread was started by a thief..drawn out by a person who says they don't pvp and just gathers and gardens..I'm already at a lose of words. If you want real pvp on siege. Start gathering up fights, start popping public Harry's and post up some videos of an actual scene. Then maybe you'd gain some ground. Chessy is also dead, it's my home shard..I moved off there. I'm not begging for pvp to go back to where my yew house/all my resources are..I moved. The same as you Rico went to some free shard to actually steal. I don't know why the hell u came back to play with 1/64th the size of a player base but kudos!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sound off all you want prodo Pvpers *chuckles* The shard is not dead, there's just not a bunch of easy targets running around with 'KILL ME! I'm easy!' signs on them. You feel all helpless and to weak with 200 real skill put into the required skills to PvP on Siege? Fine, stay on prodo where you feel all safe and secure.

Wonder how many stealthers stroll by you in fel and laugh at you because you refuse to gain the needed skills because you would feel all helpless and weak with those skills.

Any of you screw up the nerve to come hunt people on Siege, be sure to say hi. :)
Key word.."hunt" not interested. That isn't fun for literally anyone. I can't be bothered to scout spawns. You think anyone is scouting 1-5 shame deceit/Destard some random forest where your house in you won't leave when u see a PK..you have a higher chance of Winning a pie eating contest with the Dark Lady!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1) Most players on prodo shards do not have "Kill me" signs on them. There are stealthers, but they actually fight instead of hiding all day. From what I've read in this thread (and heard from others, all of whom are people who have played Siege), the stealthers on Siege...don't fight. Detect & Tracking should NEVER be a requirement just to fight someone.

2) Very few, lol. The stealthers that are capable of fighting spend more time not hidden, for one reason: BECAUSE THEY WANT TO FIGHT. Nobody should be forced into modifying their template just so they can keep a stealther from going back into hiding.

3) How about the "PvP'ers" on Siege stop living in a heavily modified pre-insurance ruleset and go where the action is? If you want pvp, you won't find it on a dead shard, whether it's prodo or the Siege ruleset. If the pvp on LS dried up, I would simply set up shop on whatever server was most active.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

We will stay on production shards where there is ACTUAL pvp.

Troll on.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loved my time on Siege but it really did die after Age of Shadows hit. There was a mass migration to a certain player run shard where we all did the same as we did before and quickly got bored as these shards didn't have a steady influx of newcomers as the official ones did back then.
I can understand why you are trolling for new blood Rico, it's pretty disheartening to log on to your old home and find it is even deader than the last time you left, it happens to a lot of production shards too.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It´s not that prodo PvPers are afraid to play on Siege, they don´t play Siege because they are afraid to lose their stuff.
So yes, in a way they can´t handle Siege...

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They probably wouldn't have that good of a set of gear on Siege anyway, likely another concern they have with playing here, on top of the 200 skill points not in combat skills. Whimpy armor and not all skill points in combat skills is likely kind of scary for them.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stop the stealth debate. Stealth is way way way over powered. (btw prodo people stealth is more powerful on siege cause there is no passive reveal/detect) You and your 5 friends can come try and kill the Bo, when Bo has stealth on and you will not be able to. stop with the get skills like track and detect, it dont matter a smart stealther fines ways around that crap. Ya know they actually made stealth stronger with masteries. YAYAY!!!
You want pvp back on siege, gettin rid of stealth would be a step in the right direction.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
If you have stealth as a skill yer likely not a major player in the PvP circles. Some few PvP templates really do use stealth. Some templates actually can find hidden players.

It is just a different world.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege is not a PvP shard. Just sayin'.
Thank god someone admits it! +1 to Kelmo...it isn't it a shard where you guys have a great vocal community of crafters with a bit of RP/PvP and that's cool it really is. It's just sad the one Fel only shard is that way.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They probably wouldn't have that good of a set of gear on Siege anyway, likely another concern they have with playing here, on top of the 200 skill points not in combat skills. Whimpy armor and not all skill points in combat skills is likely kind of scary for them.
I have a grand total of +10 skill points on my LS suit, from the Hephaestus. lol. I could use the same exact gear setup on Siege and the stealthers wouldn't be able to kill me.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It´s not that prodo PvPers are afraid to play on Siege, they don´t play Siege because they are afraid to lose their stuff.
So yes, in a way they can´t handle Siege...
Why would you be afraid of losing junk in more cases. Adding of legendaries made it stupid tbh. They should of left siege at pub 14-16 rules and the player base would be much larger..no doubt. They tried to modernize a non modernizing shard..it was stupid and pushed away many people...that never should of happened.