• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Production Shard PvPers Can't Handle Siege

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would support this thread, if the OP hadn't done a vanishing act for almost a year and then shown up out of the clear blue....jussssssstttt sayin.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play on Siege, I don't really care if people hide or stealth, assuming he actually wants to attack you just ring the altar with poison fields and set your massive pet to guard, you can spam earthquake for what its worth, then once he triggers the field or the quake pulls him out you press "all kill" and spam paralyze as no one on Siege ever has resist, it takes a lot of skill....
Casting poison fields and spamming earthquake doesn't work. It will tell you someone is there, but they can still remain hidden. If you do manage to get them to come out of hiding, they'll simply run away/hide as soon as they get the opportunity.

I don't know about you, but I have no interest in that. I want to fight, not hope I get a quick kill on someone before they run and hide.

I have finished chars on Atlantic and LS, although I don't play Atl much (his suit sucks, plus I want to redo his template), and unfinished/undeveloped chars on Cats/Chessy/GL. When I get a chance to suit up those chars, I will do so.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm not a Siege player or a Siege fan, and I don't pvp. However, those who prefer production shards and those who prefer Siege don't have to be antagonistic toward each other (as they sometimes seem to be).

As I understand it (and those who understand it better can correct me if they want to), the main appeal Siege seems to have is the fact that their unique community and more challenging ruleset generally requires a good level of interaction and cooperation. Production shards often appear to have less of that because it's so much easier to become totally self-sufficient and play alone.

When someone says they don't like Siege, it doesn't have to imply a true criticism. It just means that Siege is not their cup of tea. And I think that should be ok.

Good grief - "I'm ok, you're ok" - can you tell I came of age in the 60's? o_O
Don't take it seriously, he is just trying to get some more people onto the shard to steal from and trying a bit of pop psychology to do this.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Casting poison fields and spamming earthquake doesn't work. It will tell you someone is there, but they can still remain hidden. If you do manage to get them to come out of hiding, they'll simply run away/hide as soon as they get the opportunity.

I don't know about you, but I have no interest in that. I want to fight, not hope I get a quick kill on someone before they run and hide.

I have finished chars on Atlantic and LS, although I don't play Atl much (his suit sucks, plus I want to redo his template), and unfinished/undeveloped chars on Cats/Chessy/GL. When I get a chance to suit up those chars, I will do so.
I assure you, the people on Siege that "want to fight" aren't running from you and hiding. The people you're attacking that run and hide, didn't want to fight you. Siege has quite a few people that have no interest in fighting. As for earthquake and fields, the ones using that tactic are Red, and I assure you, no one stands there hidden while a red is pounding them with eq, they drop dead where they stood, hidden. But that guy left thankfully :)

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seige Perilous is too much of a niche shard for today's video game player. Who wants to spend 3x the amount of time to get something done?

Making something take longer does not make it more difficult. Siege ROT was obsolete the moment everyone was required to play with max skills. Not even that, 120 skills.

Last edited:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The difficult part of Siege is not the amount of time to train, it's having to play with out insurance and no facets where you can hide from attack...la

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't take it seriously, he is just trying to get some more people onto the shard to steal from and trying a bit of pop psychology to do this.
He is just doing the same thing all the prodo shard PvPers do in trying to drum up more sheep for them to fleece and it is funny how the prodo shard PvPers are saying ot to Rico but if you say it to them then you are just TROLLING. LOL

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Oh, I did try Siege once - although I may have set a record for how short a time I was there. That said, it would take more than a bit of pop psychology to cause me to return. I'm actually quite happy where I am now. :)

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today's UO production server PvPer just can't handle Siege...it's too hard for them. But why?

Too impatient to build a character...
Too attached to Trammel...
Too attached to insurance...
Too attached to multiple character slots...

Sure they'll say that the server is empty, but if enough of you stuck around that would change. Then again, I won't hold my breath since most of you can't hack it...

just sayin'...la
What about a production server PvMer?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me know when there's actual pvp, like a field fight or something..so we can dry loot yall bank it and log off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let me know when there's actual pvp, like a field fight or something..so we can dry loot yall bank it and log off

No big deal, we'll just grab another suit and get back in the game. Usually takes us less than 5 minutes . . .

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No big deal, we'll just grab another suit and get back in the game. Usually takes us less than 5 minutes . . .
Make it 5.1 so it's a fair fight when I aren't stay. Or burn a pot..either way

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The shard is choc full of stealthers, aren't you a thief anyway?
I'm a stealther but it's for getting past side spawn to reach my target. I run around horseback most of the time so I'm visible and vulnerable to attack. Not much of a challenge but you could try beating some PvP training into me. :party:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I did try Siege once - although I may have set a record for how short a time I was there. That said, it would take more than a bit of pop psychology to cause me to return. I'm actually quite happy where I am now. :)
Someone psychs you into returning I'll give you a place to stay. Got a greenhouse growing cocoa trees next door and a kitchen area in the main house. :)

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Someone psychs you into returning I'll give you a place to stay. Got a greenhouse growing cocoa trees next door and a kitchen area in the main house. :)
Don't see it happening, but I appreciate the invitation very much. :grouphug:

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no good pvpers on siege? and never were?? Please do tell your siege characters name and guild. Sure right now with a very small population there isnt many siege pvpers to even try to compete against how many other shards? Cause as the only resident red on siege Bo knows who can pvp and who cant. Some of your best prodo pvpers started out on siege. You cant compare siege pvp vs prodo pvp, siege is setup for the long hall. You have to build temps that you can reequip, cause ganks happen and you lose your suits. Bo will say that stealth pretty much ruined all pvp on siege, and dont get the Bo wrong, Bo abused the **** outta stealth.
Bo would love to see pvp come back to siege, bo has been working hard on training people and trying to get more people involved.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I assure you, the people on Siege that "want to fight" aren't running from you and hiding. The people you're attacking that run and hide, didn't want to fight you. Siege has quite a few people that have no interest in fighting. As for earthquake and fields, the ones using that tactic are Red, and I assure you, no one stands there hidden while a red is pounding them with eq, they drop dead where they stood, hidden. But that guy left thankfully :)
It's the same on LS. One guy keeps talking about "playing hide-n-seek" during vvv towns. When I see he's stolen a sigil, I head for the priests & field the hell out of the area. It tells me he's there (although it doesn't reveal him, which I hate), and if he goes onto an altar, I just EQ. After the first EQ he leaves the area and I don't see him again.

If it had more of a chance to reveal (compared to the current non-existent chance to reveal a stealther) I'd be fine with it.

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's unfortunate that crafters aren't in high demand. I am, first and foremost, a crafter at heart. However, I might just have to create a dexxer on Siege and see how it goes... or maybe a thief. I have a strange draw to the thief, which is completely contrary to my real life personality.

We'll see.
My favorite part of Siege was being a crafter. I have absolutely no pvp skills and really don't like dying so i made a reasonably priced suit to sell and sold them consistently day after day. I went into the world to get my supplies and as Rico said watched where I went and only wore things that I could make or buy reasonably. I did some minor champ spawns and made gold one step at a time to finally get my house. I had a great time. Great community.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today's UO production server PvPer just can't handle Siege...it's too hard for them. But why?

Too impatient to build a character...
Too attached to Trammel...
Too attached to insurance...
Too attached to multiple character slots...

Sure they'll say that the server is empty, but if enough of you stuck around that would change. Then again, I won't hold my breath since most of you can't hack it...

just sayin'...la
My view of it, the game has loooooong been designed with no item loss in mind, and they made no attempt to keep siege seperate, so it can make gearing a big hassle, especially for people who lose suits regularly. Especially when the population is low, and it's harder to fined items without getting them yourself. I think there are changes that could be implemented to mitigate that stress but siege will never get a dev cycle, despite how badly it needs one.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As for earthquake and fields, the ones using that tactic are Red
Not when it's about the VvV alter, where all are orange. Filling the alter with poison fields and having poison is not a bad tactics.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Making something take longer does not make it more difficult. Siege ROT was obsolete the moment everyone was required to play with max skills. Not even that, 120 skills.
Everything changes also RoT, it's faster now and daily cap is gone. Building a tamer is way easier on Siege, same with craftskills.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make it 5.1 so it's a fair fight when I aren't stay. Or burn a pot..either way

i'm still trying to decipher this post. let me know what it means and maybe i can respond better.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not when it's about the VvV alter, where all are orange. Filling the alter with poison fields and having poison is not a bad tactics.
actually it is if you are red, there are still guards in these towns that will kill you. Bo has died several times to this and it sucks to lose your **** cuase of a game mechanics that should have been fixed long ago. Basically stealth needs to go back to counting the 8 steps and waiting to reuse the skill.

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
We had 5 people over there. Couldn't get a fight at any time of the day. All the characters are still there. So if it ever does get active we will pop in. Just not worth running around looking for pvp. And it's really not fun killing RPers or tailors which is like 60% of the few left.
This is the scenario for me and a good amount of folks in my guild who I've talked to. OP seems to be assuming none of us have even tried Siege. We have, it sucks, no one plays there, the grinding involved isn't worth it, having only one character is stupid, and those of you who are denying that it's 90% stealthers are either a) delusional b) hiding in your houses the whole time. or c) a stealther.

If I want to play challenging, old-school UO, I hop on a free shard that is actually built around UO:R rules, select from one of my 4 characters, and then go play with the hundreds of other easy to find people on said shard.

Siege sucks, pvp is non-existent, proof is in the pudding, no one wants to scour gen chat asking for fights or searching for the deeply hidden palyer base, the end...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the grinding involved isn't worth it, having only one character is stupid...
Again, look at my original post, thank you for proving it. Poor little kids can't cut the grind, lol. Awwww it's toooo hard to play with one character. Again, thank you for proving my point that production PvPers can't handle Siege...la

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, look at my original post, thank you for proving it. Poor little kids can't cut the grind, lol. Awwww it's toooo hard to play with one character. Again, thank you for proving my point that production PvPers can't handle Siege...la
YOU are the one saying we can't handle it. You couldn't be more wrong. WE just don't see the point in dedicating that much time to one char just to ask in gen chat for a fight because most of the people on Siege play stealthers. PVP'ers want a fight, not to spend hours running around looking for someone to kill. And on the off chance we DID find someone to kill on Siege, they would just go back into hiding. It'd be more fun killing monsters.

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
Firstly, way to take one snippet of my previous statement and totally disregard all the other true points that you can't argue.

Second, having one character doesn't make it hard...it makes it BORING as **** to play! Having skimmed through this thread, it seems like most Siege players have more than one account and have bought soulstones particularly for Siege. If you want to spend more cash to play a dead shard, be my guest. You'll notice the majority don't though.

If you're looking for a challenge, join me on a UO:R free shard. I'll gladly take your non-insured items there (there's a chance they'd be worth something there....you know, because there's an actual community and economy thriving at Brit Bank there...unlike Siege where every town is dead and there's no economy what so ever).

...la

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I stopped taking this thread seriously a while ago.
The only thing that could lure me back to siege is @kelmo =D