• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Poison/Fire/Para fields reveal and interrupt user when enemy takes damage

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you lay out any of poison, para, or fire fields, and something steps into it, it counts it as an attack for every tick of damage it does, if you are invisible it reveals you when something walks through the field, or if you are meditating it interrupts your meditation.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not agree with this
Not a bug
This BUG was implemented again, I believe, to fix some aggression/flagging bugs, while it otherwise nerfed one of the game play mechanics of fields. I want to say this bug came back into play closer to 2008-2009, but I'm still looking for the research I submitted to the bug submissions site about this a few years back.

Here is one of my older posts which is in regards to the fields getting messed up in the high seas, where I threw in the note about the new field fixes still not fixing some of the older issues like the original posters flagging issues of fields.
Fields still borked | Stratics Forums
Other players commented on the flagging portion stating that it was a change in the game play mechanics

I don't have a time reference. But... way back whenever med was broke same scenario I describe below) the devs recognized and fixed it.
Now it seems its broke again.
It makes no sense for my ability to med to be interrupted because I have a field spell going. I'm not being hit or cast upon. I don't think it's intended.
If it is..........

Makes no sense imo
I noticed the med and field thing long ago way before high seas came out, would allways try and med at trav but allways stoped as soon as i succeded due to my wildfire spell still being active.
I'll try to get some more information and a better timeline on the change. I don't even know when the first time this happened was, it was the time where any damage done to a target changed your current target additionally putting you in war mode. Or run an archer/tamer, attack one target and send your pet on another and see where your arrow lands. When it came around this time I remember getting really frustrated with poison fields (this was after naked nox mages were cool, and before the changes to bring back the nox mage like a year or so ago). Put 20 monsters in a poison field and try to target one in hand to hand combat.

Anorexorcist

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly its always been that way i can safely say its not a bug. Think about it if your invisible and you walk INTO the FIELD yeah your standing in a field of poison/para/fire so yes itll flag you and do damage. Now the only way i could see this being a bug is if a blue walked into a field that another blue layed down. Now as far as med is concerned when somone walks into your field the game plays as if YOU are attacking that person. Because you are. Your fields flagged them. Let me know if im misunderstanding what this topic is about.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly its always been that way i can safely say its not a bug. Think about it if your invisible and you walk INTO the FIELD yeah your standing in a field of poison/para/fire so yes itll flag you and do damage. Now the only way i could see this being a bug is if a blue walked into a field that another blue layed down. Now as far as med is concerned when somone walks into your field the game plays as if YOU are attacking that person. Because you are. Your fields flagged them. Let me know if im misunderstanding what this topic is about.
If you walk into a field while in stealth mode the chance of being revealed is based on your hiding/stealth. If I cast a field and someone or something walks into my field my meditation is broken or if I am hidden I am automatically revealed. In the past, 3-4+ years ago, you were flagged to the player walking into the field but would remain hidden or stay in a meditative trance. There were plenty of times I stayed hidden while getting raided and players ran through my para and poison fields using magic trap pouches or the newer trapped crates, as they ran through my fields I remained hidden or was meditating while my guild members pushed the other players back.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found one of my old mage buddies on Siege and here is his opinion on this matter.