• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fields still borked

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else notice that fields don't work as they used to before the high seas boat publish?

They fixed the sprite on top of tile thing but they left the monster aggression movement broken.

If a monster was attacking you and it was on your field it would run away to get off the field. Now it sits there until its dead from the field or until it can recalculate the path to target.

Also what is the intent for meditation? Are we supposed to have our meditation interrupted if something steps into our fields? I know this has changed quite a few times over the years. Then there is the hidden player and something walking into the field. was it something where you couldn't be hidden and fielding so it broke the meditation or was it just some fluke.

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else notice that fields don't work as they used to before the high seas boat publish?

They fixed the sprite on top of tile thing but they left the monster aggression movement broken.

If a monster was attacking you and it was on your field it would run away to get off the field. Now it sits there until its dead from the field or until it can recalculate the path to target.

Also what is the intent for meditation? Are we supposed to have our meditation interrupted if something steps into our fields? I know this has changed quite a few times over the years. Then there is the hidden player and something walking into the field. was it something where you couldn't be hidden and fielding so it broke the meditation or was it just some fluke.
I've noticed the message 'you stop meditating' when I'm not being cast upon or hit as well. NEEDS to be fixed. Good catch I didn't notice it was field related.

B

Babble

Maybe it is a PvM fix as people complained that monsters moved?
:p

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed the message 'you stop meditating' when I'm not being cast upon or hit as well. NEEDS to be fixed. Good catch I didn't notice it was field related.
This was changed years ago if I recall correctly. maybe if I get really bored I'll try to track down the patch notices on it.

Babble said:
Maybe it is a PvM fix as people complained that monsters moved?
:p
LOL well I'll tell you they had this "feature" on the shard of the dead and it made firefields potent in PVM. When you can have a pet take the beating a monster and put a firefield/poison field any damage field on the ground under it it does the a lot of extra damage over time which is really useful on large mobs. However when you have 9 small mobs attacking you they won't disperse eliminating a mages tactic. I either want to be able to hide or have the aggression canceled for that split second allowing you to cast without protection.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed the med and field thing long ago way before high seas came out, would allways try and med at trav but allways stoped as soon as i succeded due to my wildfire spell still being active.

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed the med and field thing long ago way before high seas came out, would allways try and med at trav but allways stoped as soon as i succeded due to my wildfire spell still being active.
I don't have a time reference. But... way back whenever med was broke same scenario I describe below) the devs recognized and fixed it.
Now it seems its broke again.
It makes no sense for my ability to med to be interrupted because I have a field spell going. I'm not being hit or cast upon. I don't think it's intended.
If it is..........
Makes no sense imo

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah the med thing was broken a while ago.. That's why I said over the years.

Another thing is wall of stone left the portion out for at least 3 years now. I know because I've used it tons to block people from escaping and when my timings off there is the missing blip in the middle. Also when attempting to run and targeting yourself it used to leave that tile blank. Now its filling like the other fields do.

Its like the wall of stone code was taken and slapped on all the fields for the high seas expansion. Then a few fixes were put in to attempt to recover the broken pieces of it and its still not the same.

Does anyone have information on how fields are supposed to work? Devs, players, anyone? If I spent a chunk of my vacation documenting how fields should work would it be worth my time? Would a dev even look at it?

C

chuckoatl

The only thing I have noticed is that a field will no longer go on top of a player... E-fields anyway. They also wont go on steps of houses anymore..... which depresses me.

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah the med thing was broken a while ago.. That's why I said over the years.

Another thing is wall of stone left the portion out for at least 3 years now. I know because I've used it tons to block people from escaping and when my timings off there is the missing blip in the middle. Also when attempting to run and targeting yourself it used to leave that tile blank. Now its filling like the other fields do.

Its like the wall of stone code was taken and slapped on all the fields for the high seas expansion. Then a few fixes were put in to attempt to recover the broken pieces of it and its still not the same.

Does anyone have information on how fields are supposed to work? Devs, players, anyone? If I spent a chunk of my vacation documenting how fields should work would it be worth my time? Would a dev even look at it?
With the state of the game as it is player interaction is largely responsible for not just fixes but upgrades as well. EC user interfaces are way ahead of the stock UI. As far as how fields are "supposed" to work there will be the usual arguments. NPC's and PC's used to be able to walk thru fields excluding Para of course. Now it seems all damage taken by anything in a field can break med. Feel free to use game experience and testing on your own if your into it.
Might go ignored. Might change things for the better.