• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PoC News & Events (contains Pictures)

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thats right me hearties we be gathering gemstones. At the arena the mats for ye house team have been placed and some base gemstones will be locked down. To these base gemstones is where you add the gems you collect.

House teams will have 1 week to gather as many gemstones as they can, but this event has an agenda, once the event is ended yes a house team will be crowned a winner and a prize will be given BUT the gemstones collected by all house teams will be sold and the gold raised will be used to buy two very special thank you presents for two of our high council members Sir Seth Cromwell and Anne Bonny.

These two guild members have just done so very much for the guild I think its about time we banned together and say thank you. So once the gemstones are sold I will purchase a present for them from the zoo or the museum something they can treasure always.

[/ QUOTE ]

It be called a guild EVENT petals, and guild spirit and actually giving a damn about my members I know this is a strange concept to the likes of you but I am sure others can understand it and when you grow up you may as well.

<blockquote><hr>

This entire thread/this event specifically is just another "POC is so great heres all the stuff we do:". What's your excuse for not putting this in your guild forums? It's 100% only for your guild and from what I've heard your quite the tyrant when it comes to "EVERYONE MUST USE THE GUILD FORUM" (6 people and counting have told me this), why don't you just post it there? Their is absolutely no reason whatsoever you could have to post it here other than guild advertisement.

Queue the vendetta comment. Oh by the way, keep looking over your shoulder Amathist it won't be long before you see a video of a hell of a lotta POC dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just please tell me what the title of the thread says Pet? Just to make sure you can actually read. If you do not wish to know what is going on in PoC don't read it. But give your recent thread about [1] I can actually say your a hypocrite but that is no surprise either is it. Your just childish plain and simple.

You don't like us we get that but you know what we don't really care and we can assure you there is no love lost on our behalf either your not exactly on our top 10 favourite oceanians.

As for the watching over my shoulder, I really could care less pet you may get in you may kill us but you will be removed and we will move on...its really that simple the likes of you is really nothing to fear and as my guild care about each other I wont need to watch over my shoulder because I have enough members guarding my back and willing to stand by me and by the guild.

Now please keep your pettiness out of this thread, this thread is for new oceanian's to see what our guild is doing, our allies , guild members and people who just like to look for idea's for there own guilds and anyone who may just be curious as to what all the poc people are doing. Not for your spite and vengeance.

and as you are not a moderator do not tell me what I can post where and when.

Queen Aglaranna

2011 Winter Deco Contest
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just like Ama said, Thanks heaps for the continius bumping of our thread Pet
maybe you don't realise that you are doing us a favour

Ah Pettles, my dear child......what would we do without you?.......if it wasn't for your constant prattling on and making a fool of yourself our days would be sooo very dull. Thanks for the entertainment mate

G

Nice to see activity from all three main guilds on Oceania it is healthy competitoin with the winners the public now maybe the [1] guild can attempt to match this as they say put up or shut up

G

<blockquote><hr>

Nice to see activity from all three main guilds on Oceania

[/ QUOTE ]

Which three are the main ones?

G

<font color="red"> The Great Pirate Drinkathon 2008.............. </font>

As some of you know OPK and [1] in a state of boredom or vengeance or both took it upon themselves to decorate The Pirates of Cove guild hall. With many many many water barrels, all full. They also felt the need to leave us a little warning message on the steps, in an attempt to intimidate us.

But after taking a few screen shots for the history books we customised and dumped the watter barrels under the house sign. However we did not want the unsightly mess to be left for Blossom the keeper of the guild hall so we all got to work emptying the barrels.

But it wasn't long at all till this turned into an event all PoC came out to drink there share of water and then we had members of the community stop by to lend a hand or just to cheer us on. Thank you to members of KoV, and TLC for stopping by was nice to see you and thanks to those who lent a hand it was appreciated.

After what seemed like a million barrels and some pirate songs, some laughter and jokes we finally finished the task with a mighty cheer.

Being the community minded pirate I am I was sure to return some of the water to Draconious as I did not wish him to run out and with water restrictions on.... it could happen. *smiles*

So thank you OPK and [1] we had a grand time this evening, proving that no matter what you try and do to us you can't bring us down as I am so very sure your own guild could not stand there for hours emptying barrels and actually come away laughing and saying they had fun....or in fact that so many of your guild would jump in and lend a hand if it was your guild hall under attack.

<font color="red"> THANK YOU POC FOR BEING TRULY A WONDERFUL GUILD I AM HONOURED TO KNOW YOU ALL AND TO BE YOUR GUILD LEADER AND FRIEND.</font>

S

SORO MANY SPAWNA

So thank you OPK and [1] we had a grand time this evening, proving that no matter what you try and do to us you can't bring us down as I am so very sure your own guild could not stand there for hours emptying barrels and actually come away laughing and saying they had fun....or in fact that so many of your guild would jump in and lend a hand if it was your guild hall under attack.

And to all that participated I hope you had a good time!

I feel warm and fuzzy inside!

G

*chuckles* Oh that's hilarious!

I would totally freak out if I got to my house and that had happened to me =D

It was [1] that put them down? (I though OPK was disbanded, how could it be them?) Hee hee, silly nuisance idea, but funny!

G

<blockquote><hr>

*chuckles* Oh that's hilarious!

I would totally freak out if I got to my house and that had happened to me =D

It was [1] that put them down? (I though OPK was disbanded, how could it be them?) Hee hee, silly nuisance idea, but funny!

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe it was fun, we all had a great time laughing and joking and talking to the spectators that came to watch.

Some runes where even dropped by guild members to really get the spirit of the event going.

G

*deletes post* LOL! Never mind, I give up trying to understand the undercurrents around this place =D I like my own little world, I understand most of what happens here =P (I might use that as a siggy line sometime
)

G

<blockquote><hr>

*deletes post* LOL! Never mind, I give up trying to understand the undercurrents around this place =D I like my own little world, I understand most of what happens here =P (I might use that as a siggy line sometime
)

[/ QUOTE ]

It was an attempt by Petrify and [1] to seriously annoy us....They even kept coming by and saying things like "Ama will be really pissed" and kept coming back all day to try and taunt us and to see if more people had discovered the barrels.

POC turned it into fun and games. And an event and had a great time doing so. We all banned together had a laugh and a joke and made some new friends.

S

SORO MANY SPAWNA

I PLANNED THE EVENT, I SETUP THE EVENT ! NO WORRIES GUYS IT IS MY PLEASURE, ALL WENT TO PLAN!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I PLANNED THE EVENT, I SETUP THE EVENT ! NO WORRIES GUYS IT IS MY PLEASURE, ALL WENT TO PLAN!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL your intent was not for an event come on be honest? it wont hurt I promise.

Your intent was to annoy and inconveniance PoC and myself that is why you kept coming back to check your handy work and to make comments like "ama will be pissed". Your claim at it now being your plan for us to turn it into an event is simply because your original one did not work.

S

SORO MANY SPAWNA

POC MAKING MORE ASSUMPTIONS, YOU SEE WE HAVE SETUP AN EVENT WITHOUT YOU EVEN REALISING IT!

NOW ID APPRECIATE IT IF YOU STOPPED ACCUSING PEOPLE, WE TRY TO BE NICE AND SETUP EVENT AND GET FLAMED *SIGH*

G

<blockquote><hr>

POC MAKING MORE ASSUMPTIONS, YOU SEE WE HAVE SETUP AN EVENT WITHOUT YOU EVEN REALISING IT!

NOW ID APPRECIATE IT IF YOU STOPPED ACCUSING PEOPLE, WE TRY TO BE NICE AND SETUP EVENT AND GET FLAMED *SIGH*

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you actually think anyone is buying this?????????? LOL

G

I admire you creativity Davin, it's quite above the normal redhead knight standard.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Woosh!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just what are you implying, hmm?

G

I am implying that he is full of .........................it, and that it was not his or petrify's intention at all. And I believe pets posts kinda prove that as well as in game comments and actions.

Clear enough???

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am implying that he is full of .........................it, and that it was not his or petrify's intention at all. And I believe pets posts kinda prove that as well as in game comments and actions.

Clear enough???

[/ QUOTE ]

Double Woosh.

G

I think they were attempting to be sarcastic... fail
you do realise that you cant hear a sarcastic tone when its text base yeah?

G

<blockquote><hr>

PoC's Giant Gemstone Gather

Thats right me hearties we be gathering gemstones. At the arena the mats for ye house team have been placed and some base gemstones will be locked down. To these base gemstones is where you add the gems you collect.

House teams will have 1 week to gather as many gemstones as they can, but this event has an agenda, once the event is ended yes a house team will be crowned a winner and a prize will be given BUT the gemstones collected by all house teams will be sold and the gold raised will be used to buy two very special thank you presents for two of our high council members Sir Seth Cromwell and Anne Bonny.

These two guild members have just done so very much for the guild I think its about time we banned together and say thank you. So once the gemstones are sold I will purchase a present for them from the zoo or the museum something they can treasure always.

The Rules Are Simple

1) all gemstones must be collected from monster loot they can not be brought, given from a stash at your house or in your bank box they must be collected during the contest.

2) only add gemstones to your house teams pile.

3) Only Gather the 9 Gemstones
Amber,Citrine, Ruby, Tourmaline, Amathyst, Emerald, Sapphire, Star Sapphire and Diamond

4) have fun see if your house team can gather the most and win out over all.

The Giant Gemstone Gather
Starts - MONDAY 28th January
Finishes - MONDAY 4th Febuary

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are the gemstone totals so far:

Gargoyles - 6520
Ice Serpents - 7990
Swoop Claw - 9661
Dragons Breath - 2188

G

Maybe these jerks can explain how they get the barrels in the first place! and prove they dont use a cheat to do so

G

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe these jerks can explain how they get the barrels in the first place! and prove they dont use a cheat to do so

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I am not sure how they got the barrels or what they used to do it all, Petrify did say some place it only took them 10min to do it all, yet seemed to imply it would take us hours to move them so I just do not know.

BUT the fact that we turned a negative into a positive and had a great time doing so and made some more friends in the community just makes me even more proud of poc and every single member.

Thank you again everyone who chipped in to move the barrels.

G

Dam I cant get that song outta my head now

"Roll out the Barrel"

You Pirates are gonna pay!!!

G

You will have to teach me that one for the next barrel event, I was having fun making up pirate songs but mine went along the lines of

"There was a pirate who drank and drank
he drank so much water his boat nearly sank.

He drank all day and he drank all night
he drank up and he drank down
but most of all he drank all over town

there was a pirate who drank and drank"

now in my own defence I had drank so much water at this stage I am sure my brain was floating.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

PoC's Giant Gemstone Gather

The Rules Are Simple

1) all gemstones must be collected from monster loot they can not be brought, given from a stash at your house or in your bank box they must be collected during the contest.

2) only add gemstones to your house teams pile.

3) Only Gather the 9 Gemstones
Amber,Citrine, Ruby, Tourmaline, Amathyst, Emerald, Sapphire, Star Sapphire and Diamond

4) have fun see if your house team can gather the most and win out over all.

The Giant Gemstone Gather
Starts - MONDAY 28th January
Finishes - MONDAY 4th Febuary

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are the gemstone totals so far:

Gargoyles - 6520
Ice Serpents - 7990
Swoop Claw - 9661
Dragons Breath - 2188

[/ QUOTE ]

New Totals:
<font color="red"> Gargoyles - 7165</font>
<font color="green"> Ice Serpents - 11677</font>
<font color="blue"> Swoop Claw - 15370</font>
<font color="orange"> Dragons Breath - 2261</font>

I am not sure what the current market prices are for the different type of gems but say 100gp per gem, I think the guild has done fantastic for seth and anne's pressies so far.
Event finishes on Monday so it will be interesting to see which house team becomes grand champion gem gathers as all teams are getting stuck in and competitive.

G

Generally 75-200gp or thereabouts.. 200-ish for diamonds, 75 for citrines, 145 for star sapphires, etc.. it varies a little from jeweler to jeweler &amp; you can actually make a little money off gem trading if you find a decent enough price spread.

G

hehehe thanks Fink and I do so love your INFROGNITO its very cool, my baby girls nickname is froggy.

G

The winner of the PoC House Teams Giant Gemstone Gather was Swoop Claw.

<font color="blue"> Swoop Claw = 26831 gems</font>
<font color="red"> Gargoyles = 25804 gems</font>
<font color="green"> Ice Serpents = 23745 gems</font>
<font color="orange"> Dragons Breath = 3844 gems</font>

Thats a grand total of 80224 gems a fine effort by all of PoC and I am sure we will be able to buy some really nice thank you presents for Anne Bonny and Sir Seth Cromwell

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thats a grand total of 80224 gems a fine effort by all of PoC and I am sure we will be able to buy some really nice thank you presents for Anne Bonny and Sir Seth Cromwell

[/ QUOTE ]

8 Million and 704 Thousand and 7 hundred and 98 (yeah I know crazy way of writing it its midnight lol)
The Guild all chipped in for this event, everyone wanting to say thank you to seth and anne for there dedication to the guild and we raised 8mil and change of 704798 gold pieces ........I think this is totally awesome, I am not sure what we are buying them yet but it will be something from the zoo or the museum.

G

(I know I'm not in PoC anymore - still...)

WOOOOOOOOT Swoop Claw! =D

G

It's amazing how quick gems add up..

I've always looted them, and they're even more convenient now since the BOS changes because they weigh so little.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's amazing how quick gems add up..

I've always looted them, and they're even more convenient now since the BOS changes because they weigh so little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it was fantastic how much the gems raised we where all a little shocked by it, unfortunately once the 4 mil was donated to the museum and then 4 mil to the zoo it only transformed into 266664 points each.

But Anne is now enjoying a zoo polar bear statue and Seth has a brand new cloak and robe from the museum to add to his collection in his house team colours of green. It was really nice to give them little thank you presents on behalf of the guild for all the hard work they have done.

G

This means nothing to alot of people, we realize that but to us its pretty cool. Our little guild has grown so much in the past couple of years its just amazing and something we are proud of.

<font color="red">Guild Name Veteran Members </font>
1. Pirates of Cove 114
2. Knights Of Virtues 111
3. The Third Legion 96
4. Shadow Rebels 94
5. Empire of the Oceanian Blade 63
6. One United World 48
7. Oceania Murderers Guild 39
8. The Blue Dragons 38
9. R U Nervous 25
10. Allegiance of One 21

Congrats PoC, thank you for staying the fantastic guild it started out to be no matter what our size is.

G

PoC have been doing alot of peerless of late infact one of our newest guild members led the guild on an all day peerless bash, and the guild loved it they took on Lady Mel and Proxy......they need to get the tactics for proxy a bit smoother but all had a great time.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Great Job POC you all have come a really long way over the last year! Oceania can be a proud Shard with the likes of you all traveling its realm. I have never heard anything but a kind word or help from you all whenever I travel your shard.

Thank You for setting a good example for the rest of us and making us all feel welcome to your home.

Lord Nabin

G

awww thanks Nabbin it was your inspiration of the napa valley event leaders meeting that started the whole climb and growth of our guild.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

8 Million and 704 Thousand and 7 hundred and 98 (yeah I know crazy way of writing it its midnight lol)
The Guild all chipped in for this event, everyone wanting to say thank you to seth and anne for there dedication to the guild and we raised 8mil and change of 704798 gold pieces ........I think this is totally awesome, I am not sure what we are buying them yet but it will be something from the zoo or the museum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just updating the photo album on the poc site and realized I did not share shots of the winners of the gem gather so figured I may as well.

This the PoC Arena and the winners (that were online) lined up.

And here is the paper doll shot - Swoop Claw did a fantastic job.

And I also wanted to post a little update as PoC have some new allies as well and they deserve a mention. Here is a list of all current PoC alliance members.

<font color="purple">The Red Dragons
The Conclave Of Shadows
Whispering Rose Radio
Oceania Player Events Network
The Blue Dragons
Legacy of the Dragon
The Blue Dragon Crafters &amp; Recruits
Followers of light
Draconic Protectors</font>