• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PoC News & Events (contains Pictures)

G

I know some of you may not care what our guild is up to but I am all for sharing and hearing what is going on around the shard and hope that some other guilds will post stuff as well. And maybe get some interest not only in my guild but others as well as well as just increase community feeling - If this thread is not for you please just respectfully leave.

Recent events have been A Reggatta, Scavenger Hunt, as well as many random hunts and get togethers. The event we had today was the Fastest Taming Competition here is a recap with screen shots.

<center>PoC Fastest Taming Competition</center>

The smell of hay and animal sweat lingered in the air as the Pirates of Cove tamers competing in today’s fastest taming event landed at Sosarian Steeds near the town of Britan. There were also a few on lookers who waited with baited breath to see who had the fastest gift with animals.

Lionheart, Nakita, Eingil and Talon were primed and ready to get taming. The challenge was to see who could tame and release the most animals in half an hour glass, one animal at a time.

It didn’t matter what animals they tamed it only mattered that they brought them to the stables for counting and released them into the pen that was allocated to them.
The tamers were given a different coloured robes that matched different coloured pieces of cloth that was tied to the pen gate of pens.

The tricky part of the event seemed to be keeping the animals in the pen once they were released, a good chuckle was had by the members of the guild looking on as the tamers chased bulls, chickens and cats all over the stables.

Lionheart took the lead early on while poor Talon was very slow to get started rumour has it he got a little lost and marked over his rune to the stables with a taming location and then had to walk from East Britan with a wild unwilling cat behind him.

The sands fell through the glass grain by grain and the stables filled up and animals became more aggressive (pirates too) so there became a few casualties and the rule of keeping the animals in pens was dropped.

The end of the event brought some grand results Lionheart took out the event with 24 animals in half an hour glass and Nakita was not far behind and came in second with 19 animals. Eingil who was a young and enthusiastic tamer blossomed and came in third with 15 animals and poor Talon who seemed to be having the luck of a necromancer in a paddock of pixies came in at the rear with 6 animals.

The winners were presented with prizes the best and most treasured of which is a glorious set of Pegasus trophies in Gold Silver and Bronze for 1st 2nd and 3rd place marked with Fastest Tamer and stands to place them on. Congratulation to today’s winners a lot of fun was had by all who entered the event and by those who looked on and in some cases cheered on the tamers.

G

Again you all probably don't really care but I was proud and excited the other day when I happen to notice that it was PoC's 3rd Year Anniversary - August 4th 2004 we started as a guild and are still going strong.

Not to bad for a mix batch of rag a bond pirates *smiles* thanks to members past and present we have had some great times.

F

five oclock

Congrats my dear!! In this day and age 3 years is a big thing
Keep up the good work
Woot

I

imported_BladeBard

I must say I too am impressed with the longevity and kindness PoC show to Oceania,
WELL DONE!

A

Anubis Oceania

I am so pleased that your event went well. My heart goes out to you all. I hope that one day I can attend an event like it and then my life will be complete. It will be rewarding just to be able to be around you because people skills are my thing and I love a great chat. Hope to see you in-game in a future event. I look forward to your next one because I am an optimist at heart.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I must say I too am impressed with the longevity and kindness PoC show to Oceania,
WELL DONE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks...It is definitely our home away from home. And we look forward to being here for many more years. Oceania has some truly great people.

G

POC HOUSE TOURNAMENT

The PoC House Tournament was a two day event contestants registered with their Name and the House they represent. This event was a competition to hold the PoC House Cup. (Acorn trophy marked with PoC House Cup)

There were three parts to this tournament The Gather Quest, The Ball, The Maze. While the ball was a harmless and fun filled event the other two were to challenge their endurance, speed and wit.

The Prizes - The winning house team received the PoC House Cup trophy, so that the house captain can display it proudly at there home - and each competing member of the winning house received an Engraved Box with their house name and poc house tournament on it and the date. As well as $5,000gp each.

The PoC House Gather Quest - Location Destard - Time 11:30am Saturday 18th August 2007
Objective - Each Contestant was sent into the dungeon to gather a number of items. 35 red dragon scales &amp; $2000gp items that the Dragons hold sacrad. Point’s awarded for 1st 2nd 3rd places - NO ITEMS FOR THIS EVENT CAN COME FROM HOUSE, BANK BOX, VENDOR, OR ANOTHER PLAY, THEY MUST BE GATHERED FROM WITHIN THE DUNGEON.
Points Tally After The Gather Quest

1st Place = Dain - Ice Serpents = 9 points
2nd Place = Nakita - Swoop Claw = 6 points
3rd Place = Maggy - Swoop Claw = 3 points

Ice Serpents = 9 points
Swoop Claw = 9 points
Gargoyles = 0
Dragons Breath = 0

The Poc House Tournament Ball - Location PoC Arena - Time 1pm Saturday 18th August 2007
Objective
- To dress up in your finest clothes - no armour or weapons needed. And to participate in games like:
· Pass the Gift Box
· Cake Stacking
· House Trivia
· Best Dressed

Points Tally After The PoC House Tournament Ball
1st Place Best Dressed = Nakita &amp; Maggy
2nd Place Best Dressed = Lethality
3rd Place Best Dressed = Sandokan

1st Place Pass the Gift Box = Maggy

1st Place Cake Stacking Competition = Lethality
2nd Place Cake Stacking Competition = Nakita
3rd Place Cake Stacking Competition = Sandokan

1st Place Trivia Competition = Gargoyles Team
2nd Place Trivia Competition = Ice Serpents Team
3rd Place Trivia Competition = Swoop Claw

Ice Serpents = 20points
Swoop Claw = 19 points
Gargoyles = 14
Dragons Breath = 0

Best Dressed Pictures:

Testing Buzzers for trivia:

The Poc House Maze - Location The Hedge Maze - Time 11:30am Sunday 19th August 2007
Objective
- Contestants were released into the maze to gather 6 boxes of there house colour, the boxes were randomly stacked throughout the maze. No RECALLING No TELEPORT No SACRAD JOURNEY No GATES - The winner was the first one out of the maze with 6 boxes of there house colour. Points awarded for 1st 2nd 3rd places.

Points Tally After The PoC House Maze

1st Place = Lethality - Ice Serpents - 9 points
2nd Place= Nakita - Swoop Claw - 6 points
3rd Place = William Kidd - Gargoyles - 3 points

Ice Serpents = 29points
Swoop Claw = 25 points
Gargoyles = 17
Dragons Breath = 0

About to Enter the Maze:

~ The winner of the PoC House Cup will be the house team with the most points at the end of the two day event. ~

Winners of the 1st PoC House Tournament Cup was Ice Serpents House Team, Well done to everyone who attended.

The Awards Being Given Out:

D

Dain69

Great event, lots of fun with smooth operation!

But mroe importantly, OMG I LOOK %^$%$ IN KR!

*Is embarrased*

G

The PoC Games Arena buzzed with activity as the gladiators prepared for battle, removing unwanted items that would only weigh them down and chalking hands to gain a better grip on the weapons that were scattered on the ground there was tension and anticipation in the air.

There were representatives from all house teams Gagoyles, Dragons Breath, Ice Serpents and Swoop Claw and there were a few spectators thrown in for atmosphere.

Van Helsing was the master of ceremonies and called each round to a beginning he checked over the gladiators making sure they were clear from illegal weapons and armor and told the fights to begin. At the end of each round he healed the wounded and began the next round.

Here is the final tournament draw there was one late scratching but other wise the event went smoothly and was filled with great courage and heart.

Maggy was the Gladiator champion representing Swoop Claw she gave masterful fights and challenged every contender bravely. The little lass far out did any expectations and surprised all by her massive effort and her fantastic triumph over Eereon to win the Gladiator Tournament.

The Gladiator Champion was bestowed with a title of "Gladiator Champion" 10,000gp and Minax Armor from the museum of vesper. Here is the champion in her new piece.

<center>
</center>

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks great. Love the animals escaping... hehe woulda been funny to watch.

btw, are all those screenies, even the 'in game' ones KR?

Cant wait for my dvd to arrive!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<center>PoC &amp; Allies Tamers Scavenger Hunt</center>

Date: Sunday September 9th 2007
Time: 1pm (AEST +10gmt)

Contestants will be given a book containing a list of animals all the animals will be under 60skill points to tame. The rules are simple no animal can be gotten from your stables or from another tamer you must tame the animal during the event.

Contestants must register before the event begins - and during the event as they tame an animal bring it to the dock for checking (DO NOT RENAME ANIMALS or CHANGE NAMES IN ANY WAY). Once an animal has been checked off you must releases it out side the city gates (in the woods would be preferred) or kill it before taming another.

Once a contestant has tamed all the animals on the list and brought them to the dock for checking a winner will be declared.

<center>Prizes: 1st Place 10,000gp 2nd Place 5,000gp 3rd Place 2500gp</center>

All PoC Guild Members &amp; Allies are welcome to compete all other shard members are welcome to come along and see the fun....maybe have fun killing the released animals.

[/ QUOTE ]

8 Tamers show up to take part, as well as several spectators from our guild and others.

Nakita
Selvage
Leanora
Dimity
Eingil
Talon
Eagleann
Magical Trev

all took part with Selvage taking out 1st place, Magical Trevor taking out 2nd Place and Dimity taking out 3rd place. There were 11 animals in total and everyone taking part did extremely well it was a very close race.

Thank you to those who helped me keep count also, it was very helpful.

The list of animals tamed:

1 x Scorpion

1x Giant Beetle

1 x Slime

1 x Giant Spider

1 x Death Watch Beetle

1 x Walrus

1 x Sheep

1 x Rideable Llama

1 x Gorilla

1 x Bull Frog

1 x Mountain Goat

Given how well the event went and how much fun was had by all we are going to do our best to organize a shard sized one so that everyone can take part in the fun. With harder animals and better prizes so keep an eye out for that one it should be loads of fun.

G

Aurora one of the PoC event leaders hosted the best event today - she used the old em's fitness track in malas. It was challenging and so fun.

<blockquote><hr>

Pirate's Peril - The Gauntlet

Are you a champion? Are you willing to brave the unknown and fight your way through obstacles in order to win? Well, PROVE IT!

Date:
Sunday 28th October
(please note date change)

Time:
10:30am AEST (Sydney time)

Prizes:

1st: Champions Trophy (10th Anniversary Sculpture) + 100k
2nd: 100k Gold
3rd: 50k Gold

First Prize: Trophy and 100k Gold

Where is it?
The location is secret so come to the guildhouse and I'll lead you to your doom... I mean, to the gauntlet.

There will be blood!
Some parts of the gauntlet will require only your problem-solving ability and steady nerves. In others, however, you will need to be ready to fight! Wear decent armour and bring your weapon/s of choice, be they steel, bow or spellbook.

Tamers please read:
Unfortunately pets cannot enter the gauntlet, so you will have to rely on your magery (or bring a different character)!

The goal:
Be the first to stand on the winners platform (I will point it out to you when we arrive at the gauntlet) to take home the trophy! Second and third will naturally follow!

IMPORTANT NOTES...
• We will be leaving the Guild hall at 10:30am ON THE DOT, so if you are late you may be at a disadvantage. If you can't be there at 10:30am, there will be a rune locked down (on the step of the guild hall if Amathist allows).
• I strongly recommend you bring as little as possible with you to the gauntlet, as it may be tricky to get back to your body if you die. Insure your armour/weapons and don't bring anything else you can't afford to lose!
• I will have a healthy supply of bandages and bags of reagents to give you, should you die and need help getting back on your feet.
• If you do die, you will be resurrected and be able to re-enter from the start of the gauntlet and re-join the contest.
• Those who don't wish to enter may come to watch the contestants.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Well, the scores have been tallied, and the results are in. The winner of the 2007 Halloween Alliance Decor Contest is...

Mara

Congratulations, Mara, on your fine decor efforts! Here were everyone's total scores:

Mara: 54/60
Amathist: 43/60
Anne Bonney: 39/60
Wench: 39/60
Opella: 35/60

These "scores" are rather misleading due to the scoring system used. Decor was rated with scores 1-5 in Creativity, Effort, Relevance and Overall Impact, and the numbers were tallied. Also Opella hadn't had a chance to do much, so we rated her on minimal decor (which still received an impressive score considering!). All the places we looked at really looked fantastic! Here are some screenshots:

Mara:

Amathist:

Wench:

Opella &amp; Anne Bonney:

Thanks to everyone who entered and thanks to our judges, Dain and Constable Fox (our impartial external judge), for visiting all the homes and rating them! I'll be in touch with all entrants in game for the prizes!

~ Aurora Starr

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The PoC Games Arena buzzed with activity as the gladiators prepared for battle, removing unwanted items that would only weigh them down and chalking hands to gain a better grip on the weapons that were scattered on the ground there was tension and anticipation in the air.
Van Helsing was the master of ceremonies and called each round to a beginning he checked over the gladiators making sure they were clear from illegal weapons and armor and told the fights to begin. At the end of each round he healed the wounded and began the next round.<blockquote><hr>

From that I gather the format/concept was directly copied from Thunderdome?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know I have never been to a Thunderdome event, I actually came up with that event after watching Troy with my dad and then talking to hubby about Gladiator which I have never seen and he said I should.

So I just figured some naked guys fighting in a pit and scattering the weapons was a good idea kinda mad maxish and I also took inspiration from a charmed episode where Leo is locked in a pit and Valkeries make him fight other warriors.

I dont know 100% where the idea came from or what totally inspired it but thats how my brain worked at the time. It is possible I read about a thunderdome event at some time and the idea was placed in there some how. Either way it was a great event and ThunderDome should host a shard wide one.

G

Leave me outta this! my gladiator idea was one like the TV series with the obsticle courses and the lame names!!.

Thunderdome person, no offence but whats your caper? this is a GUILD event NOT a shard one, an no ones stepping on your toes. Unless your thousands of years old, the roman type gladiator stuff isnt your copyright.
Personally i think everyone should take a leaf out of PoC's book. This guild is the most active i have ever seen and everyone i have come across have been polite considerate and friendly.

C

Cymoril

I have to say, having recently joined a character up to PoC that it is the most active and fun guild of its size I have ever seen! It's normal to log on and find 8-10 members online, which is great, and the number of events, contests and so on just makes for such a great time. I encourage anyone else who enjoys player-run events, friendships with active players and light-hearted fun (with no politics) to join PoC.

And don't be put off by the pirate thing (like I was, hehe). You don't need to be a pirate at all - I mean this is the most considerate group of "pirates" I have ever seen. If you embrace the belief of fun without politics or strict rules, and if you enjoy a friendly atmosphere and community, then you are very well-suited for PoC!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Our gladiator tourney is based on a film, for goodness sake. A small group of people worked hard on developing &amp; testing the format we came up with, adapting the concept to UO. It's a little discouraging to see the exact same format being used elsewhere, that's all. Poaching ideas from Napa or elsewhere is one thing, copying them from within the community you're hoping to build is another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically I am under attack as I see it because you can not understand that someone either had a similar idea or the same idea, I even explained to you the thought proccess that went behind our event. So by the last comment your basically calling me a liar and claiming I poached your idea which I did not.

PoC have had many tournaments of varying nature we have had naked battles before with your own weapons we have had fully dressed tournaments and we had a gladiator style event where house teams competed against each other nakid and there were weapons, regs, bandies and potions dropped around our arena in varying numbers and the house teams competed to have the GUILD GALDIATOR CHAMPION.

As you will also notice with any idea I take like the ones from NAPA I give credit where credit is due so I basically find your little attack on me insulting and an effort to derail my thread or the efforts of my guild and myself to build community.

G

NO dude whoa hold up!!
WTF?
How the hell would you know exactly what they did and if they copied YOUR exact things that you apparently so pain stakingly figured out? there was NO pictures posted, no indepth descriptions of what happened.
You had a small group of people working it out they way YOU had it for YOUR event.
Ammy had an even smaller group of people for HER event for HER guild. So how are you to know what happened when i think that the only thing similar is the word gladiator. for all you know every single activity was different to what yours was.
Unless you were there.
You need to appologise i think for this.
If you were there then you need booting out the guild.

G

Its also easier to close your mouth then remove your foot from it

G

<blockquote><hr>

Relax, please. This really doesn't involve you anyway.

The details were pretty clearly posted earlier in this thread, which has obviously skewed far from its original intent. My apologies to PoC for derailing. I stand by what I've said, but I'll say no more.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you now trying to say I edited the original post? Thats an all out lie if you are, I have not touched it. As for you standing by what you have said you can feel free to do so but do not be suprised to be standing alone.

I also stand by what I have to said and done and have the history and the paper work (I keep a note book of event ideas) I also have anyone in PoC to back me up BUT most of all I have the truth and not some miss construde attempt at it to suit my own ego or false claim on an idea.

As for it not involving Katlene or Cymoril it does very much involve them you are derailing there guild news and events thread both ladies have members in my guild. Also not to mention attacking there guild leader.

Please do stick to the I will say no more comment its the only part of your post I agree with.

G

<blockquote><hr>

There's more to quote back there but I really don't care anymore. I'd have given you our blessing if you'd thought to come and ask, as we weren't in a position to host the tourney ourselves. *shrug* To me, community means working together.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how you quoting my WRITE UP which was essentially telling the news of the event in a story format AFTER THE EVENT has anything to do with you claiming we stole your event idea.

I HAVE NOTHING TO ASK YOUR BLESSING FOR A GUILD EVENT AND DONT GIVE A FIG IF YOU GIVE ME PERMISSION TO HAVE A SIMILAR IDEA TO YOU. And if I had of thought I was stealing your copy righted idea I would have asked but as I was not even aware of how your events where run or ever attended one of yours, to my knowlege this idea was a combination of mine and other poc members for the benifit of OUR GUILD.

Not to mention this event was held back in AUGUST why are you so protective NOW?

What you also do not realize is I was not the only one to control how this event went it was actually changed about 4 times by various different people all documented in posts on the poc forums before it went a head do you think so much work woul have been put into making an event run right and fair if we just stole the idea???? GET A GRIP.

Please just move on get over it an realize you have no claim on a poc event idea that just happened to be similar to yours.........because we so know that just never happens dont we *SARCASIM*

G

Lol "trammy" forum pvp. Guy guys guys....... Theres a thread for this kind of stuff at the top

G

Can I just ask 1 quick question.

Does it really matter who thought it up first? Honestly?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Can I just ask 1 quick question.

Does it really matter who thought it up first? Honestly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope not to me at all but what I did not like or agree to was basically being called a liar or a thief which ever if not both titles describes how Thunderdome is implying I have acted.

I post the poc news and events here hoping people will see them and be inspired and that we get some community action on oceania heck I would love more guilds to post up about there guild events and what is going on within there guild.

But I do not like being accused of something I simply did not do or it being implied I acted in an unfit mannor towards thunderdome.

D

Dain69

I ran the exact same event with VKR at Vesper farm's what... 6-7 years ago?

Want my blessing Thunderdome?

G

Now to get back on track. In October PoC's Auora Starr hosted a Caption competition here is the winner.

Congratulations to the winner of the October PoC Caption Competition:

Jaxx

Here is the pic and winning caption

Seth stumbles upon Hermano's Ostard and an Earth Elemental sharing a few drinks in a secluded part of Shame.... minutes later he finds Hermano passed out face down next to a broken crate of "Buccaneers Blight" pale ale

POC's ultimate shame...... some of us just cant hold our liquor!!!

G

I am so proud about this I just had to share - I know it will not mean alot to most but it does to us. PoC is now number 2 on the Oceania vet list.

<blockquote><hr>

Guild Name Veteran Members
1. Knights Of Virtues 125
2. Pirates of Cove 93
3. Empire of the Oceanian Blade 91
4. Oceania's PKs R Back 80
5. Shadow Rebels 80
6. American Legion 75
7. Order of the Rising Blade 41
8. Total Chaos 40
9. The Blue Dragons 36
10. Aes Sedai 22

[/ QUOTE ]

D

Dain69

I can't believe a guild with 22 players is on the top 10...

How sad is that Oceania?!

G

<blockquote><hr>

poor Talon who seemed to be having the luck of a necromancer in a paddock of pixies came in at the rear with 6 animals.

[/ QUOTE ]

*chuckles*

G

he was having such a bad day that day - wrong runes, no regs or tithing cant remember which, had to walk for miles, couldnt remember where animals where, and I believe had a few client crashes as he was trying KR for the first time. But he still had fun he ended up laughing at the luck or bad luck he was having.

G

Aurora Starr Event:

<blockquote><hr>

A Captain's Consternation:
Guessing Competition

It was a delightful spring afternoon when Amathist decided to go to Magincia and help fight off the daemon invasion. Alas, poor Amathist REALLY had a tough time of it as she was beset upon my many nasties on the docks. She saw more grey than a colourblind dog locked in a small safe... with an elephant.

<center>
</center>

This contest will run for three days and the rules are very simple.

• Guess (or count, if you can) how many corpses of your favourite Pirate Captain there are scattered on Magincia Docks.
• Post your number answer in reply to this thread.
• ONE GUESS per member on the forum.
• The closest (or first closest) by Midnight Saturday 10th November (AEST) will win!
• 100k for first closest guess or double if winner gets the EXACT number.

I'll also give a bonus 50k to anyone else who posts the xact number but wasn't first to do so.

<font color="red"> Entry open to PoC and all Alliance members </font> .

Good luck!

no Amathists were actually harmed in the creation of this pic. Although a little girl on test shard did take quite a beating *grins*

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

• Guess (or count, if you can) how many corpses of your favourite Pirate Captain there are scattered on Magincia Docks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a favourite pirate captain... I'll go with 0.

G

Good Guess and I will let you know what the winning number is BUT

<blockquote><hr>

Entry open to PoC and all Alliance members

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Aurora will host a shard one for us. Maybe she could hide a stratics reporter some where in a picture and we could play where is Cymoril or where is Katlene or something.

G

Make a guild forum then and don't use stratics to host 'private' events please then.

I

imported_Frost_

Or you could read the post properly....

As it does say in there that its a PoC &amp; Alliance competition.

Also as this thread is the PoC News &amp; Events thread... perhaps if your not interested in what PoC is doing you could umm.... not read it.

F

five oclock

Amathist U are the best!! Congrats on your tourney..Im going to say about 105 bodies
btw Im back in the game after my little break..actually my dead hard drives LOL..so I should be seeing ya soon I So hope

G

<blockquote><hr>

Amathist U are the best!! Congrats on your tourney..Im going to say about 105 bodies
btw Im back in the game after my little break..actually my dead hard drives LOL..so I should be seeing ya soon I So hope

[/ QUOTE ]

Well your a poc member hun so go place your guess on the forums *smiles* I do not believe the comp has closed yet. I am just glad no amathist where harmed in the making that is an awful lot of death shrouds LOL.

G

Now that the contest is closed, I can tell you the correct number is:

Congratulations to Eagleann, who was first to choose the correct amount. Eagleann wins 200k. Penny also later guessed correctly so has won 50k for her correct guess!

Here were all the guesses, including the ones from Stratics, whether elligible or not:

Name
Eagleann 116
Penny 116
Britany 117
Lord Frost 115
Lady Kat (Stratics) 115
Eingil 114
Teeshy 113
Sir Seth Cromwell 111
Anne Bonny 106
Sunrise (Stratics) 105
Maggy 145

I was amazed how close everyone was! Out of interest, here is how the 116 bodies were broken up, and how I know the 116 is exactly accurate:

G

Today was the Oceania Cup Here are a few screen shots from the event (thank you everyone who turned up and to everyone who helped out with the event today).

The Jockey's Paper Dolls Before the race

Constable Fox Taking out First Place

Taelyn coming in Second Place

Mikla taking in Third Place

The End of The Race

G

QUICK UPDATE:

Since doing the Oceania Cup PoC took a little break from shard events just to enjoy the Christmas holidays and so on.

But we did have a few little guild events like.

<font color="purple">1) Treasure Hunters Challenge - points were awarded for different levels of maps and there was a period of time give to complete as many as you could the 2nd Dec to 29th Dec.</font>

expertly drawn map 2 points
adeptly drawn maps 3 points
cleverly drawn maps 5 points
deviously drawn maps 10 points
ingeniously drawn maps 15 points

FINAL SCORES WHERE :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
SWOOP CLAW

rastlin 11
ma 138
seraphim d'ange 107
angel 468 (special note 202 maps completed)
ged (helper) 12

house total 736

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
DRAGONS BREATH

xavier marxdaspt 19
mapman 436
selvage 75
queen aglaranna (helper) 12
ereon (helper) 12

house total 554

GARGOYLES

wizzbang 48
hermano (helper) 3
fox limabean (helper) 3

house total 54

ICE SERPENTS

eagleann 21
scarlet x 84

house total 105

<font color="blue">2) We have also done a few Illishnar Champ Spawns and Peerless hunts as a guild and they have been great fun.</font>

<font color="red">3) and we have also been taking part in the Olympics where our medal count is fairly high but Lady Kat and Petrify are still on the top but Queen Aglarana is working on gaining more medals so maybe she will knock one of them off the top. </font>

<font color="green"> 4) We have guilded some more new members since Christmas so the guild is still growing and we are still having fun.</font>

Coming up we have some more guild events in the works including a recruitment drive and a one or two shard events. But mostly our shard events will be working with our allies OPEN.

G

PoC's Giant Gemstone Gather

Thats right me hearties we be gathering gemstones. At the arena the mats for ye house team have been placed and some base gemstones will be locked down. To these base gemstones is where you add the gems you collect.

House teams will have 1 week to gather as many gemstones as they can, but this event has an agenda, once the event is ended yes a house team will be crowned a winner and a prize will be given BUT the gemstones collected by all house teams will be sold and the gold raised will be used to buy two very special thank you presents for two of our high council members Sir Seth Cromwell and Anne Bonny.

These two guild members have just done so very much for the guild I think its about time we banned together and say thank you. So once the gemstones are sold I will purchase a present for them from the zoo or the museum something they can treasure always.

The Rules Are Simple

1) all gemstones must be collected from monster loot they can not be brought, given from a stash at your house or in your bank box they must be collected during the contest.

2) only add gemstones to your house teams pile.

3) Only Gather the 9 Gemstones
Amber,Citrine, Ruby, Tourmaline, Amathyst, Emerald, Sapphire, Star Sapphire and Diamond

4) have fun see if your house team can gather the most and win out over all.

The Giant Gemstone Gather
Starts - MONDAY 28th January
Finishes - MONDAY 4th Febuary

G

<blockquote><hr>

House teams will have 1 week to gather as many gemstones as they can, but this event has an agenda, once the event is ended yes a house team will be crowned a winner and a prize will be given BUT the gemstones collected by all house teams will be sold and the gold raised will be used to buy two very special thank you presents for two of our high council members Sir Seth Cromwell and Anne Bonny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the trammy version of felluca guild leaders taking everyones PS?

<blockquote><hr>

These two guild members have just done so very much for the guild I think its about time we banned together and say thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

Your gonna ban them and say thank you? Geez, that's harsh.

This entire thread/this event specifically is just another "POC is so great heres all the stuff we do:". What's your excuse for not putting this in your guild forums? It's 100% only for your guild and from what I've heard your quite the tyrant when it comes to "EVERYONE MUST USE THE GUILD FORUM" (6 people and counting have told me this), why don't you just post it there? Their is absolutely no reason whatsoever you could have to post it here other than guild advertisement.

Queue the vendetta comment. Oh by the way, keep looking over your shoulder Amathist it won't be long before you see a video of a hell of a lotta POC dead.