• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't wait to be able to use the Copper Texture Pack again, thanks Dermott!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, my work in rebuilding icons is at good point... however I'd like some opinions about the new spells icons (magery, chivalry and necro for now).

Another note: in the hotbar you see the gray background, but you will be able to change it from the user settings in many other options like: Default, Dermott Copper and Decors Gray.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ummm, Pinco. Just when I think you've done as much as you can do with your UI, you come up with something like that. Unbelievable. It looks terrific.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Pinco about the icons i only got one word from me on this: Speechless!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The new spell icons look great and will work well with the Copper/Third Dawn icon system.

I've got Copper up and running but am waiting on an email to solve an issue with Pinco's site at the moment to be able to upload. Also I am making one more icon change. I'm doing a new set of virtue icons thanks to the Reader program that I believe will fit much better than the ones I did originally.

I will continue to use Zym's virtue icons in Third Dawn.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

And the last Copper Textures preview before I make the upload: The new paperdoll and Virtue icons:

Copper Textures for Pinco's UI now uploaded for approval.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not seeing an old version on the site, so I guess it'll be up soon?

J

Jonathan Baron

Thank you so much for your update that saves our user waypoints, Pinco. It's simply a huge help, especially if you like to run parties of t-hunters in places like Ilshenar where you can't mark and, I'm sure, for many other reasons as well.

For some reason every freaking level 7 I've gotten lately has been in that facet.

And your upcoming icons....wow.

You certainly like to keep your tithing points up :)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I run a fisherman and do a bunch of SOSs and Pinco's system (especially now that it combines instead of replaces waypoints) is a GODSEND for that.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much for your update that saves our user waypoints, Pinco. It's simply a huge help, especially if you like to run parties of t-hunters in places like Ilshenar where you can't mark and, I'm sure, for many other reasons as well.

For some reason every freaking level 7 I've gotten lately has been in that facet.

And your upcoming icons....wow.

You certainly like to keep your tithing points up :)
hehe it's easy to keep thithing points up on TC :D

I really like to test the UI in there without destroy my character's profiles :p

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just installed this UI and it works great but with one tiny problem. After installing it, my "menu hotbar" (the one with guild/chat/paperdoll/map/etc on it) vanished and I can't figure out how to get it back. Consequently, I can't open the atlas and such.

How do I get it back?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just installed this UI and it works great but with one tiny problem. After installing it, my "menu hotbar" (the one with guild/chat/paperdoll/map/etc on it) vanished and I can't figure out how to get it back. Consequently, I can't open the atlas and such.

How do I get it back?
probably you have changed the UI scale and everything is gone over the screen... reduce the UI scale, move everything in the top left corner then restore your UI scale...

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, you just need to run the hotbar menu maker. Hit Esc, go to User Settings, then the Pinco's UI tab, then scroll down until you see "enable hotbar menu maker" and check that. You may have to log back in to get it to start. Hit yes, or okay, or whatever on that dialog box that pops up then keep your mouse moving until it's completed.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, you just need to run the hotbar menu maker. Hit Esc, go to User Settings, then the Pinco's UI tab, then scroll down until you see "enable hotbar menu maker" and check that. You may have to log back in to get it to start. Hit yes, or okay, or whatever on that dialog box that pops up then keep your mouse moving until it's completed.
he's problem seems to be that he lose the actual menu hotbar not that he don't have one :p

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a side note: Pinco, you really need to find a new image hosting site. www.guain.it is reeeaaallllyyyyy slllooooowwwwwwwww.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow Pinco! That is Awesome! Can't wait!

And Dermott! Love the Copper!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow Pinco! That is Awesome! Can't wait!

And Dermott! Love the Copper!
hehe

you still have to wait a bit of time, since I still have to redo the weapon specials, skills, and the other icons without the background in order to make it works with the new mini texture pack system :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The weapon specials are done with the new window for the character's abilities :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at last the skills are complete:

Now I have to adapt the actions (default included) and the mini texture work is over, I just hope could be useful :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Bud, I don't fully understand the mini texture concept, but the icons you've made rock. I am very much looking forward to seeing them in game.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Basically Pinco is putting a layered system of icons in. What you're seeing posted is the top layer which holds the design of the individual icon. That will sit on top of the background icon.

What that means from my perspective as a texture pack designer is that I don;t have to update every single icon or any new icons just to make a new texture pack or update a current one.

Instead my contribution will be to simply add in the appropriate background to the icons based on the texture provided.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks for keeping the text versions of the mod stats... the graphical versions never worked for me.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks for keeping the text versions of the mod stats... the graphical versions never worked for me.
well, I've tried to make it graphical but in 22x22 pixel no image can work even the most simple one.
The text version is much more easy to understand and very useful for new players since they can learn the acronym faster than just hear them from players ;)

The image is only present in the main ones (the same present in 2D). Also I've added the cap visible in the hotbar for every mod and the resistance is automatically increased when you go in stone form :D

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That was the reason why we went to a text system during KR as well... the size of the corner allowed for an icon just isn't very good at being able to convey the concept of the mod in question, and the ones in the default set of icons really don't give that good of an easy read either.

The acronyms work because they've become so universal in UO terminology.

woody

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
please don't keep me waiting much longer this is payweek so want to donate hehe this looks fantastic

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
please don't keep me waiting much longer this is payweek so want to donate hehe this looks fantastic
there is a total of 763 icons around, you can understand that is not that fast to do :D

Also I have to prepare the mini texture and doing a bit of testing :p

J

Jonathan Baron

When you look at Pinco's volunteer development output over just the past month, and compare it with the production of a paid development team thus far this year, rapid indeed has been Pinco's pace :)

Not even fireworks wands on the 4th.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:

- Cut the text of certain spells name under the user settings spell's selection for the healthbar buttons that causes the malfunction of the dropdown list.
- Added a debuff icon for death strike.
- Added a debuff icon with a countdown for the criminal flag. The timer will restart if you still criminal when it ends, and will be turned off when you lose the criminal flag.
- Added some missing portraits and fixed some creatures in the creatures DB.
- Fixed a bug with the buff/debuff timing that doesn't count the joat human ability.
- Added the Mini Texture Pack system:
	* Now you can select the current mini texture pack from the User Setting -> Pinco's UI
	* By changing the mini texture pack, you will change the hotbar's icons background and the paperdoll name label background and text color.
	* Different mini texture packs are available by default without installing external texture packs.
- All 763 icons have been modified in order to work with the new Mini Texture Pack system.
- Removed few default icons from the macro icon selector. If you have used one of them will still be visible but not re-selectable, also those icons will not be affected by the Mini Texture pack system.
- Added 4 more boat actions to the action menu: "Forward One", "Back One", "Slow Forward" and "Slow Back"
- Fixed a bug that prevents to drag the tithing points icon outside the spellbook.
- Changed the character abilities gump with a better one.
- Added the missing Bombard spells to the healthbar's blue button.
- Fixed another bug that prevents the clock wipe animation to be at the correct size.
- Changed the flame slayer icon.
- Reduced the length of the button labels of the runebook in order to avoid unwilling actions.
- Fixed a bug on the crystal portal that prevents to go in the right place.
- Now you can see the item properties of the items on an hotbar slot.
- Fixed a bug that moves the danger bar in the wrong place when scaling the status window
- Fixed a bug with counter attack and confidence buff that inadvertently starts the evasion cooldown timer.

J

Jonathan Baron

In the language of your ancestors, Pinco, res ipsa loquitur :)

Well done, sir!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Awesome job Pinco. I love it. The icons look great, and the ability to change the backgrounds is pure genius. Time to submit a new screenshot.

woody

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
personnally the backgrounds are amazing been on like 20 minutes and have change it so often i think am getting crazy i need to take a vote which to use lol

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
personnally the backgrounds are amazing been on like 20 minutes and have change it so often i think am getting crazy i need to take a vote which to use lol
more backgrounds will come in next versions, if you need a particular style to match your character style, just ask :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oki, I give up on the idea of maintaining an icon pack, you do it so much better. I do kinds like my 'log out' icon though. I've copied as a gif to show it here.

Attachments

T

Tazar

It seems that this patch over-write the Decor Icon Pack that I was using. I much prefer the grey-backgrounds on the hot-bars since it detracts from the game less than a bright yellow/gold.

Is there an option to change the background color on the icons? Or is there an easy way to go back to the Decor Icon-Pack without messing up anything new that you have added?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yes tazar its in user settings under pinco,s i believe its at the bottom and there are many choices

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that this patch over-write the Decor Icon Pack that I was using. I much prefer the grey-backgrounds on the hot-bars since it detracts from the game less than a bright yellow/gold.

Is there an option to change the background color on the icons? Or is there an easy way to go back to the Decor Icon-Pack without messing up anything new that you have added?
that's the point of ALL this icon rebuild.....

The setting is in User Settings -> Pinco's UI
then go to the bottom of all and here you have the chance to change the background with one in the list. There will be more in the future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.