• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Origin Store Sale

"Thank you for calling Customer disService, how my I misdirect your call? All managers are busy playing Freecell and their mailboxes are full, please call someone who gives a..."
I couldn't even figure out how to reach an actual person for EA support...this was the main reason I cancelled my account in 2009; I was in the Army and couldn't play for a year. I came back home and couldn't remember my pw and the email address for the account was either an old AOL or .edu one I had at launch. The automated EA support was garbage and I gave up after going in circles a few times.....

This past fall I tried again and had to go through BS support...which got me access to 2 of my accounts within 24hrs. Those guys appear to do pretty well for the little support they get from ea.

Faenwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, after a long conversation with EA today (and their broken english), I have come to this..

I asked the customer service rep why the sale did not extend to all of the UO items in the store and only a few?

The answers I've been given are outrageous.
I was told that EA was not the owners of UO and were not the creators of UO. This is one reason why they are not on sale.
I was also told that EA does not own Origin.. yet another reason none are on sale.
When I explained how some of the items are on sale and others aren't, I was called a liar and told that those items did not exist in the sale, even after copying and pasting the sale etc.

I was given excuse after excuse, until they told me to "please extend your patient, I will be with you shortly", only to return and tell me after stating EA doesn't own Origins.. "If you have no further questions, thank you and have a nice day :)".

These people have ZERO clue what they're talking about. And their customer service is lacking at best! I couldn't believe that this person would even say that EA doesn't own Origin!
It said at the top of the window "Origin Powered by EA".

I officially give up on EA.
Please @Mesanna .. this is pretty poor treatment for customers of any kind. More so, paying ones.

Well I still can't buy at the origin store.... I gave up to sort it out with EA/Origin.... have the same problem since December 2014....

Wrote mails, talked with the chat support, called them (did cost me Euro 57 all together) the outcome.... it’s my fault!!! BUT they can't tell me why! It’s up to me to find out why I can't pay neither with PayPal, CC and Paysafecard and when I can’t sort out what’s wrong with MY PayPal, CC and Paysafecard it’s my fault and not origins fault! Weird that I can pay with all three at other stores without problem!

Ohh by the way after asking if I can buy GTCs at other stores “You have to buy GTCs at Origin or pay with CC at the account management” (which is no option for me because I am not willing to pay € 67,99 instead of € 45,99 for 6 month) !

Too bad that I still want to play UO.... good to have UO friends who help out with GTCs else I would be doomed!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am thinking we will probably never see another sale for UO on Origin.

They don't even seem to recognize UO as their own product.

the interesting thing is the sovereign prices in game and who controls those.

If the developers do then there may be some hope yet.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am thinking we will probably never see another sale for UO on Origin.

They don't even seem to recognize UO as their own product.

the interesting thing is the sovereign prices in game and who controls those.

If the developers do then there may be some hope yet.
Sadly EA controls the price of any code that is applied to your account through Account Management and that includes the Sovereigns. I would also bet that if and I say big if UO reduced prices or put in-game items on sale that it would have to have EAs approval.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sadly EA controls the price of any code that is applied to your account through Account Management and that includes the Sovereigns. I would also bet that if and I say big if UO reduced prices or put in-game items on sale that it would have to have EAs approval.
I'm guessing you're probably right that EA controls in-game prices and Origin.

Almost makes including the in game store worthless other than you can now buy multiples of certain items.

I never had a problem buying from origin in the first place.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@OREOGL I think I have had 3 maybe 4 different CCs on my accounts over the past 18+ years and I have never had a problem getting stuff from Origin and I always got them within 5 minutes of purchase.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@OREOGL I think I have had 3 maybe 4 different CCs on my accounts over the past 18+ years and I have never had a problem getting stuff from Origin and I always got them within 5 minutes of purchase.
Same here, oh well Im still hoping something cool pops up.

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I think the store was recently bought by Norfolk and Waypal industries. So if you're looking for a discount there's Norfolk n Waypal.

*this may not be an entirely accurate statement.