• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Once again...We Babble!!!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Ok!! Now before you guys pull out the flame throwers, hear me out.

This thread is for those wacky crazy moments in the game that really don't go along with a story or explaination.

Keep it clean and funny!!!

Ori

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always figured women were worse than men at following directions.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always figured women were worse than men at following directions.
You're a meanie Ken!!!:thumbdown:

BTW glad to see you found your way here. Now where are the rest of my troub...er I mean darlings?

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably just too lazy to re-register a name. How much longer is this thing going to be temporary?

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably just too lazy to re-register a name. How much longer is this thing going to be temporary?
That is a really good question. A lot of the data recovery is done now they're looking into how to get it back in a workable environment.
small steps so they get it right.

Now someone post a pic!!!!

Ori:pint:

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK lady. This isn't a screenshot of the game (I'm still working on those) but I wanted to show you what our "little visitor" looked like yesterday. The sirens were going off and everyone in the neighborhood was out looking around for the tornado instead of seeking shelter. Oh, the foolishness of humans. ;)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW!!! Been a while since I've seen one IRL, and I hope it's a long time til I see another. Silly humans indeed!! Now remind me.... who took this pic?

Ori

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, the one I took didn't turn out as well because we were more south of the funnel. That's the pic our local newspaper carried. Those hummers are the reason I refuse to live in these areas without a basement. Call me a "wimp" but at least I'll be a live wimp. :danceb:

F

FenrirsFangs

I was speachless, I've never met a reaper with low self esteem before but this one was trying on a toupe

Just click on the pic and it opens automagically if it doesnt work "It's NOT YER FAULT" It still displays for me but some people are having problems with the page not linking properly. As a thought try internet exploder, thats what i have.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fen! I need a bigger picture, sir. These old eyes aren't what they used to be. :sad3:

F

FenrirsFangs

I was wandering through despise and to my dismay the ENTIRE first floor was clear. No ettins or earthies. I poked around a few minutes and then started down to see what was going on with despise? I heard something down a northerly tunnel that sounded like rough gutteral laughter and shouts. I followed the tunnel around to a small cavern that was PACKED with ettins, ogres, earth elementals and a single ogre lord that was giving some kind of heated speach while the onlookers cheered. Suddenly one turned and roared as he noticed me enter, I placed my back against a large rock and quickly made my plan to deal with what to me seemed to be a raiding party forming.
Another fellow whose name I can't remember chose that unfortunate moment to pop in and I asked him to hide because he was in the way of my getting the magic portrait of the discovery as proof to hand in to the authporities of what was going on down here. He fled without a word and I am gratefull he did for having his death on my conscience was something i did not relish. So my friends i present you now with the magic portrait cards i was able to get. of course the threat is somewhat abated for the moment here is proof that the monsters of despise are intelligent and plan to do us harm. they are attempting to unite against us.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok the other one was WAY too long. So let's start a new one!! Babble away my dear Baja.

I'll start!!!

Remember me saying once the girls get back to school, I'd have more free time for UO. :lick:BBZZZ:lick:. Wrong answer, lol. Between running around for after school activities and doctors appts....yeah well :hahaha:. But I do get some free time during homework time so can't complain all that much.

So what's everyone else been up to? Anybody have any good vacations to share? Or funny things that happened this summer.

Oriana

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We know you can't stay away for long Xel. We're just too much fun. :lick: And now, here's a pic my daughter sent me. Why did it remind me of some of the videos you link? *ponders*

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We know you can't stay away for long Xel. We're just too much fun. :lick: And now, here's a pic my daughter sent me. Why did it remind me of some of the videos you link? *ponders*

*looks at picture*
*blinks*
*looks again*
*blinks*

Ummmmmmmmmmm...........that's about the oddest pic I've ever seen lol And I've been to plenty of SciFi conventions to see Darth Vader doing lots of strange things, but I think this one beats them all.

*looks at my water filter and bottles*

*shakes head*

I should know better than to try to read the forums after perscription time.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In this case Ori, it's not your prescription. :D Sometimes we just have to laugh about how things don't make any sense. :danceb:

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If I were to caption this picture...

"Bad plumbing on the Death Star leads to extreme measures..."

When asked in a candid interview, Darth Vader replied, "Force, shmorce, if a man can't use his own bathroom in a 100 google plex billion dollar Death Star, then something's going to give! This is wrong, just plain wrong!"

You guys rock like Amadeus!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When asked in a candid interview, Darth Vader replied, "Force, shmorce, if a man can't use his own bathroom in a 100 google plex billion dollar Death Star, then something's going to give! This is wrong, just plain wrong!"
*ROFL* Priceless!:bowdown:

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took my oldest shopping yesterday and we walked through the Halloween section, I saw the Darth Vader Costumes and couldn't stop giggling. My daughter looks at me and asks "What kind of pic did they post on the boards now?" LOL She knows me so well. So when we returned home I showed her this lol. She looked at it much the same way I did and walked off mumbling something about crazy people.

F

Fyiera Fyre

You guys rock like Amadeus!
LOL He is Filtering Sea Water!! That is a hilarious

L

Larqh

Well, atleast I didn't post a picture of you... I mean, I have SOME sense of decency.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hahahahaha! What is this? Darth after too many Xanax? Or maybe he visited Xel and was introduced to sake? The mint green and baby pink are just too cute. :thumbup1:

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought it time to share a humourous UO story. Going back 9years now to the first time I tried UO.

A workmate friend of my wife thought that we would both love UO so he shared his username and password so we could try it for the weekend.

So I log in with wife watching and start wandering around, come across a harpy and think oh boy a fight, wander up to harpy and assume theyre going at it, but the fighter doesnt seem to be swinging often (know now he was not it attack mode, lol) tried 2x clicking sword and targetting harpy, would get message saying can only cut up dead things or some such, im yelling at screen well kill him dont worry about it, about 40+ aids and 15mins later my frustration has peeked and im like your on your own buddy so the char finally dies. Wandered around as a ghost for abit and my wife and I are both like what a stupid game, lol.

Talk to buddy on Monday and he cant stop laughing that his char that he fights Harrower Tentacles with died to a Harpy, after a brief explanation on how to play my wife and I have both been playing happily now for 9+ years but i still get bugged from time to time about that first foray. (and yes I did replace all the equipment my friend lost since this was pre-insurance days)

Hope you all get a giggle from this. Im Certain Ori, Mama and Sara will

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hope you all get a giggle from this. Im Certain Ori, Mama and Sara will
You bet I did! I've fought side by side with so many of your characters that the thought of YOU getting killed by a harpy is sadistically hilarious. Of course, I can't talk too loud because when I was a newb, I remember running from a family of mongbats that were determined to kick my butt. Thank you for sharing. :lick:

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heheh ok I have been questioned on how this char could not manage to kill a harpy in that time - You have to remember back to when your a newb and you have 2 people trying stupid things.

At first we thought since he wasnt hitting we tried putting weapon in backpack for awhile then re-equiping to see if that would help, then just held weapon with cursor not on char and was moving sword into Harpy saying take that and that, telling char see stick sword in harpy its easy. There was other stupid things we were trying but think you get idea now, lol. :D

Also didnt realize that char had smaller pouches hidden under a large empty bag, old trick to avoid thieves when in Fel. So didnt find any of the potions or other handy items to use, so thought I only had a limited supply of bandaids which were in main pack. Since this was an established player and I didnt know about Haven or anything, the char was at Minoc when I logged in so wasnt anyone around to ask how to play so just wandered around lost and clueless.

Hope this helps clarify :lick:

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No clarification is needed. You got "ownd" by a harpy. *LOL* Thank you for humbling yourself enough to admit it because it's happened to all of us at one time or another.:gun:

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

QUESTIONS THAT HAUNT ME!!!

Can you cry under water?

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"... But it's only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to?

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What disease did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change?

They're going to see you naked anyway.

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a stupid song about him?

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane ?

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours?

They're both dogs!

If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

Why did you just try singing the two songs above?

Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but call it a hemorrhoid when it's in your butt?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him for a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?

A friend of mine sent these to me, and I had to share!!

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know how I missed that Relic. But that sounds a lot like Arlon and mines first go round lol. We were on our horses traveling through fel, when we stumbled upon some red named chars. Well the friend that brought us into the game warned us about those and being newbies we run for a bit then of course they know the game better than us, managed to cut us of. Well of course they killed and dry lootd us...not that we had anything important yet. But soon we found a healer and got a res, no cothes raining, I was on my only male char so there we were 2 nekkid dudes stuck in the middle of the forest. we found a road and started walking to find civilization again, when a blue char came along and found us, after a few comical comments about 2 men running around in the buff, he helped us get back to a town and hooked us up with some decent armor, well for the time it was. But I alwasy remember that, it was sooo funny even if a lil frustrating.

U

uoBuoY

Did you ever wonder what chairs would look like if our knees bent the opposite direction?

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you ever wonder what chairs would look like if our knees bent the opposite direction?
But if our knees bent in the opposite direction, wouldn't we be able to sit on them as if they were a chair? *LOL* Where's an illustrator when I need one?

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I saw this, I thought of Mama Faith and just had to share it with her:

It's winter in Wyoming
And the gentle breezes blow
70 miles per hour at 52 below!
Oh, how I love Wyoming
When the snow’s up to your butt;
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose is frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
I guess I'll hang around.
I could never leave Wyoming,
Cause I’m frozen to the ground.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is hilarious, Sara, and so true. The picture would be funnier if it weren't a model of me. That newspaper I'm holding is our local ones for NE Wyoming. *snicker*

I was feeling sorry for myself last Mon. or Tues. when the high was 8°F but then I got an email from one of my sisters in ND. They were hit by that blizzard which shut down the 2 interstates and the cities. Apparently, there were 10 ft. snowdrifts on I-94 which made it a little hard to drive on. *LOL* Global warming? Yeah, right!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shaaaaaaaard! You need to pop in to say more than just "hi"! Where have you been? How is life going? Any more green mail boxes? :D How about house improvements? I miss you regaling us with tales of your adventures and mishaps in life. Come back, Auntie Em......come baaaaaaack. *HUGE HUGS*

S

shard

Shaaaaaaaard! You need to pop in to say more than just "hi"! Where have you been? How is life going? Any more green mail boxes? :D How about house improvements? I miss you regaling us with tales of your adventures and mishaps in life. Come back, Auntie Em......come baaaaaaack. *HUGE HUGS*
Hmmm, more than just 'Hi', huh?

Hail and well met, Babblers!

Where have I been? No where really exciting. My neice's wedding last month was cool. My daughter came out from the west coast to visit and go to the wedding. A nice two week visit that was over too soon.

How is life going? DUH! Life suxxors! I got laid off from my coolio job. I've just kinda been hanging out and not looking too hard for another job, cause that's how you find them.....

Any more green mail boxes? Nope, just the same one but it's starting to fade a bit. Might have to overhaul it.

How about house improvements? Nothing other than the new fridge being delivered on the first of the month, cause ours gave up. Nice to have a beverage fridge and a deep freeze to take up the slack while the main is offline.....

Tales of adventure and mishaps? Hmmm, no mishaps I reckon. I do have a doe leaving her baby in our yard some days like she did a couple summers ago. I guess I'm sort of babysitting. I only have two or three pairs of hummingbirds using my feeders this year. Last year I had at least five pairs, maybe more.

On a UO note, word filtered to me about the Avalon Town Hall being made into a momument. That was cool. I owned that tower for a long time and had a ton of fun there.

Ummm, OK, I'm done for now. I'll try to be better about visiting.