Old timers ?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

You could always just purchase a Game Time card.

Tell you what, PM me, and I will buy it for you and mail it to you.

I have given more to homeless people! :)

You aren't homeless are you? If so, let me know...I will send extra!

Now get your ass back in UO!

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i thought thats how it worked too, but i know we have done it without card before also , but we called EA and they opened it for us.

May want to try that.
they did have return to Britannia Programs every year so far but not this year (yet) so i do not know if thats an option eather
this does work. ive done it hundreds of times. theyll activate the account for you and it will die in one month

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Siege Perillous Community
this does work. ive done it hundreds of times. theyll activate the account for you and it will die in one month
You are talking about the veteran return to uo ? because I have been scammed and my real account was changed ownership when Osi sold off to EA... so no more old accounts for me :( I was literally scammed off the game, by some people in the old administration...

If you did it a hundred of times, thats quite means you never paid for UO ?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

They'll likely created some kind of Code you can purchase for $29.99 that will allow you to see the Mage Towers.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

:blushing:
Well I will be patiently waiting for follow-up on Morgana's offer and will join you all as soon as we're setup !

Since when did they get rid of the 30-day game time cards?

I might have over-promised here :blushing:...90 days is almost $40!

Does anyone know of any way to purchase a 30 day card?

I read up on "Buddy Codes" but that does not seem to be what I thought they were.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:blushing:

Since when did they get rid of the 30-day game time cards?

I might have over-promised here :blushing:...90 days is almost $40!

Does anyone know of any way to purchase a 30 day card?

I read up on "Buddy Codes" but that does not seem to be what I thought they were.
While i cant give you any $$ to buy a code i would be more then happy to donate some Gold so you can buy a code of a Broker for UO gold.

I also have some items that you could sell if you wanted to raise some Gold plus if you wanted to we can even place a Ahu vendor at my library to make some Gold :D

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Since I pay annually, I never really looked into this before...

...so you can pay for UO with UO gold??

I have tons of that!! :D

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Ahuaeyjnkxs...is your account a new account, or a pre-existng one?

Apparently to use Game Time, you have to have a pre-existing account, or otherwise you have to buy a new account code...for like $33.19?

Some scam they have going here!

If you don't want to give them a CC#, like Ahuaeyjnkxs...you are screwed!

Has anyone here used a Game Time code to start a new account? Does it work?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2008
When I subscribed for the 14 days trial on EA it was in the options to enter a game time card, so I would guess it's a viable option. This makes sence considering some guy could buy the game at the store and not have a credit card, and still be able to subscribe...

That might only work with the official 90 day cards tho, I couldn't be sure but the option was definately asking for a code and there wasn't any "scam warnings" :hahaha:

like I said I had traded my official account in the legal manner as OSI sold off to EA, but the person who traded me took "official" control of my account while faking to give me his somehow...

I'm not sure if I can convince EA that its my account, or if the guy is still using it, I doubt it. The account I traded mine for was hacked and the password changed, and EA basically told me that I got scammed and there is nothing they can do about it.

This is funny , you pay for a game, you invest in the game by faithfully paying each month, then you get screwed by someone of the old administration, and the new administration is not responsible for what the other people did.

Perfect crime, some woud say, because it wasn't just my account, but millions of IRL dollars that were at stake.

Anyhow maybe ask the reseller via e-mail what they think about it ?

Thanks in advance :)

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2008
When I think about it I even had a special free account for the companion program... and when I got hacked, they closed it, funny coincidence I hadn't remembered about that.

I got kicked off this game in a very intentional manner... :spider:

I tried e-mailing them but they wont even acknowledge I was a companion !

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Having your account hacked sucks.

In my case, I am pretty sure I know who did it, and it was someone that I knew IRL. (read my story)

I emailed customer service...waiting for a response (meanwhile, the Abyss freezes over)

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are talking about the veteran return to uo ? because I have been scammed and my real account was changed ownership when Osi sold off to EA... so no more old accounts for me :( I was literally scammed off the game, by some people in the old administration...

If you did it a hundred of times, thats quite means you never paid for UO ?
No, im talking about when you buy UO you get your first month free. If you call however, you do not need to enter card info to play. it becomes activated, and dies in a month if you dont start paying.

and ive been playing UO since charter, I was like 12. so you can imagine a kids need to keep playing without a card at all times. however as time went on, it ends up meaning i simply have 100's of accounts :)

So, do you need me to set up your UO account for you?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Okay, so according to customer service...in order for me to purchase this game time card, either 1 month or 3 months, I have to give them my account info and the time is added to my account only.

And they will let you buy 1 month, if you call them, using a CC.

Are they just trying to make it hard for people to come back, or what?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Indeed this is sounding stranger by the minute...

I mean there must be people playing the game without credit cards... Any other game or software I know have options to pay by multiple methods ?

I'm not sure I get what you mean Cear Dallben, you have brought 100 copies of UO ?

Can't we use one of your accounts and add gametime to it ?

I am willing to do many things to get back online and investigate, but I will not get a CC just for EA, or buy their game again... I already brought it 3 times with the expansions, and many times over playing from release.

They are not willing to give me back my original account since it's been "legally" traded for a bogus old seer account which they are not responsible for...

I'm so puzzled, what about the buddy codes ?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

You can create a trial account, and then buy a game time code on that account, but I guess I should have read more closely, because it does say this:

PLEASE NOTE THIS POLICY CHANGE BEFORE MAKING YOUR PURCHASE: When you purchase Game Time, 90 days of time will be added to the account you logged into the store with. You will no longer be emailed a code. This upgrade is automatic and will take place soon after your credit card information is verified and the purchase complete.

I just assumed this worked like the old cards you could buy in stores.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2008
No credit card for me ! This is one lesson I have learned from my experience in uo which I have retained subconsciously it seems, now that I understand the nature of usury I'm unwilling to get one.

I will try this free option first, lets see if it works for me :)

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Ok 4 e-mails later there seemt to be SOME development on the opening a free trial account saga...

Right now I'm at the point where they refuse to give me the trial on my old account, but they're willing to put it on a new accout if I create one, but in order to create one I need a CC, but they know I have no CC...

:coco:

But they seem intent on letting me try this so I guess the next e-mail will be conclusive ! :hahaha:

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2008
3 other e-mail later... you won't beleive it.

They're telling me that I just need to open a new account , and that they'll activate my free trial even if I don't have a CC.

Then I reply but thats the whole point of my request : I have no CC to make a new account.

They've been ignoring me questions and e-mails since ! :coco:

What am I supposed to think ? :eek:

M

MoonlightMyst

Greetings to all...I come from a day that few remember on UO but perhaps some of you do. I played for many years back in the mid 90's. I started playing with some people Hunter, Zarina and Noir Lune. Then met others. I am not playing anymore but I miss the old days.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Oh of course we remember you ! As you will most likely soon notice, we have been talking about you !

It seems that our little unconscious community has stronger ties than we first imagined !

Well this is getting very interesting :)

Welcome amongst us once again ! :hug:

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

And a ghost appears.

Hello Moon.

I suppose it was time.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Well I received 5 different replies from 5 different EA representatives... and they all told me in a different way thats I'm stupid to even ask the question because without a CC there is simply no way I will subscribe.

:coco:

That was my question in the first place, why didn't they just say : NO !

So I guess EA has once again broken our forming community, there is no way I will get a CC, ever.

Sorry for the false hopes :(

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seriously man. its time to get a bank account and a debit card...

Aye we use a Debit Card too...works like a CC but it just gets taken out of your normal bank account.

In the allmost 8 years i played UO they have messed up my billing once and when i complained they refunded me promptly, fixed the issue and gave me a 6 month game credit on that one account.

As of to the trial accounts ...not sure who you were talking to but last time i opened up a trial account for a friend i called them up told them we wanted to open a trial account and later add gametime to it as we need it they opened us an account right over the phone and even made it a 6 character slot account for us.

I think you guys just all need to learn how to be nice on the phone and flirt a bit :scholar:

I know you seem to be quiet worried about the whole billing and all but i think we are long past the beta and they know how to work it now :)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I can try calling them. Maybe I can set up the account, add game time to it, and then remove my CC from the billing?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Ok !

Well of course I have a bank account and a debit card... but they were adamant that I needed a CC, the 5 of them.

Is it customary that 5 EA representative answer to the same question , saying the same thing over and over even if I ask them differently ?

Maybe thats just my luck again... if I pasted their answers to my questions here, you would all laugh so hard, it's like they didn't even read my questions and just know about CC's...

I'm like : Ok is there any other way that CC I can subscribe to the game, can't I buy a game card with a mail order or something ?

They're like : In order to subscribe for a trial account you will absolutely need to have a credit card but it will not be billed until the trial is over.

whats funny is that this question was asked in reply to the same answer which is written in history of message from another repesentative who said :

In order to open a trial account you will need a credit card, there is no other way we can open an account , but the CC will not be billed if you cancel the account.

And there is a chain of like 5-6 replies with the same thing !

I'm pretty sure they read the history of messages too since they put it in their replies !

Well thanks Morgana if you can do this it's much appreciated ! I'll wait and see to accept your hospitality, and if it dosen't work well then I'll just try to call them I guess, and try not to yell.

:hahaha:

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

If you have a debt card, odds are high it is a VISA debt card. Which works just like a CC in regards to UO.

I offered to buy you a free month...and I will.

Just use your debt card # to set up the acct. PM me, and we will get the 30 day game time worked out.

I am still expecting you back in the game..."old timer" ;)

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2008
No I'm certain it's not a visa debit card... it's a cooperative the banks here , and its all in french.

They're starting to have what you're all talking about here but its new !

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Ah, I had forgotten Mon Ami!

Vive le Canada!

I will call customer service tomorrow!

(btw...les Habitants did not fair so well against the Carolina Hurricanes last evening)

G

GanjaOne

Ahh sad stuff reminds me of good times .... that are long gone, before all the fancy hues etc..... Ganja Chessy since Aug 10 2000 (Might I add THE 1st Ganja on UO) ( Or only one in exsistence at the time of my creation)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Ahuaeyjnkxs, I am so sorry.

RL has gotten so hectic with the holidays...I have just not had time to deal with this :(

I promise will take care of it soon...possibly tomorrow 12/28/08.

S

Suraknar

Greetings,

Milady Andrasta, Milady Molly *smiles and bows*

Salutations to many others in this thread, not excluding the OP, Raistlin which I do remember, and Greypawn.

I found this thread interesting, and even if late, thought to spend some time and pay my respects and reminisce the old adventures we all had together in our fair Britannia of old, that still sits in one of the warmest places of my heart, along with many of you.

I shall add only a few words relating to the topic,

To speak of History of the fair lands of Britannia is to embark on an grand Quest for Truth that has no end. Atlantic's history cannot be written or described, even compiled by one soul alone. And In spite of many that have tried, some even proclaim having succeeded there is always holes always something missing always some omission or inaccuracy.

First of all, there can be a different story of our Shard depending upon whom you knew, where you lived and during what period. Even those that have continued walking these lands up to this day, cannot describe everything.

In the same fashion as the same story of the same event can be told by each individual peace that once belonged to the Gem from whence it came from.

The event, the shattering, was shared by all its peaces, yet each peace has a different story to tell.

And if that is truly the way of how the world works, then which peace is more important? Which peace is the one that holds the truth?

None is important, none holds the truth, all are important all hold the truth.

Such is the magic of this world.

May the Virtues Shine upon thine path!

----
Duke Surak'nar
Order of the Silver Serpent, OSS - Atlantic

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 21, 2006
Atlantic
Duke Surak'nar
Order of the Silver Serpent, OSS - Atlantic
Holy damn!

Greetings through the nether of time, good sir! You will be pleased to know that the stone lives on only a screen or two from its location of yore, laying in wait for more days of greatness that prepare themselves just over the horizon.

M

Mr.Fernandes

You could always just purchase a Game Time card.

Tell you what, PM me, and I will buy it for you and mail it to you.

I have given more to homeless people! :)

You aren't homeless are you? If so, let me know...I will send extra!

Now get your ass back in UO!
Where on earth can you still buy physical time cards for UO?

M

Mr.Fernandes

I may be missing somethign here, but what would be the point of purchasing a physical card from an online shop? Why not simpy buy a code? Isn't the whole point of company's selling Game Cards so that you can buy them at your local Radio Shack without having to buy online?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I may be missing somethign here, but what would be the point of purchasing a physical card from an online shop? Why not simpy buy a code? Isn't the whole point of company's selling Game Cards so that you can buy them at your local Radio Shack without having to buy online?
It's sort of a long story. He didn't have a credit card. The game requires you to enter one when you make an account...or a Game Time code.

I was under the impression that I could buy a single month Game Time code. Apparently you can't anymore.

A different solution was reached.

So, true to my word, Ahuaeyjnkxs has a free month of UO...on me.

D

Draken-Korin

Something about when I come across Morgana LeFay's posts that I cant get outta my head, she has one hell of an attractive way about her.

This is said even after every time I say hello to her in game I am completely ignored. Tis par for the course for me though, so I have come to accept it. *laughs*

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Something about when I come across Morgana LeFay's posts that I cant get outta my head, she has one hell of an attractive way about her.

This is said even after every time I say hello to her in game I am completely ignored. Tis par for the course for me though, so I have come to accept it. *laughs*
I ignore you?

If so, I am really really sorry! I don't mean to. If you are seeing me in Luna, a lot of time I am AFK (reading Stratics while standing there most of the time :) )

You have to brod me with a stick or something!!! I am slow like that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.