• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old timers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll never guess who I am !

I'm a very good friend of Tiffric *may he rest in peace* , Nick-of-Time and many others... but I was forgotten for a very good reason, even though I have been one of the most active players in the early history of this game, I have not earned one single mention !

Anyone has any contact with the old timers ?

If anyone can put me in contact with Nick I would owe you one !

Good day !

Ahu

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh there is still some old timers around , you just have to find them :)

Starting here is good , you may also try the RP forums link in the Welcome thread, i know there is some long time players in there.

Anyways good luck to you :)

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow thanks, how sweet of you !

I did not really expect an answer, because when I talk about those days, people seem to run away.

I made a rhyme again ! Was it ?

XD

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great ! What were you character names ?

Maybe with some perseverance we'll get somewhere...

I'm also looking around for Pazuzu, second GM of the Order of the Ebon Skull.

Who else played in pre FOA days ?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow of course I remember you... I am honored by the invitation...

But I honestly doubt I am welcome in any community, even if I was young I did perpetrate alot of bad deeds, and I was encouraged by the staff. They made me mentally powerful beyond beleif, I was as a god unto them, they used my spontaneous roleplaying skills to create the seer quests, and then I became a little more than what they hoped, and conveniently at that point, OSI sold off to EA.

Richard Garriott was particularly afraid of me, and he would have done anything to get away from me.

Most people forgot who I was, EA noticed the huge contribution I did to keep the player interest high during those days, so they offered me to gain their trust by starting off again as a companion. I was supposed to have gained seership for the contribution I did (that noone remembers), but they fired mostly everyone because they weren't sure we didn't have links with GM Datura and his infamous gold selling operations on e-bay. I have never been associated with that man, I actually yelled at the guy a few times, but back then it was easy to ignore a kid like me. I was litterally traded off and brainwashed as a robot would have been, but it didn't work, I remember everything.

I was a seer, but I was never robed, I was at the head of FOA, but I was never empowered.

Nobody wants to wake up that dragon !

Honestly !

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it's not because I'm a freak of nature with a dragon sleeping inside that you have to all stop communicating !

Come out of the darkness, ye old timers, and be honored by the man with the silent heart !

Good day everyone :) Namase !

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok...I'll bite...I'm really ancient but somehow I doubt you knew me or my guild or town.

Why don't you give us a few hints on the "contribution" you made that no one remembers. Us old timer's memory sometimes needs a smack with a bat :p

I knew mostly just average good & bad people, none of which would probably have been noticed by you. I remember many of them fondly. Did I know you?

D

Draken-Korin

Although I am fairly sure I dont go back as far as some of the people in this post, being a newbie in early 1999, I consider myself a vet, for whatever thats worth.

I wish I could remember half of the people I have had the pleasure encountering over the years. The issues of time, and other unmentionable reasons, have clouded much of my Sosarian memories.

The one thing that I can say without hesitation was you could very easily have been a legend in your own private section of the lands of Sosaria and the rest of the population would never have known it, or even heard whispers of you.

That is how vast the world was back then, how busy each part of the community was carving out their own little kingdoms, often going untouched by the majority of the playerbase.

Sadly the powers that be, shaping Ultima Online over the years, must have been sleeping during class when the acronym KISS was explained to them in grade school.

C

Chaosy

I played a character named Artanis back then. I wasn't very involved with the RP community then, but I was friends with many of them including Nick-of-Time and Rainbow King (my two favorite tamers).

There was also a Nikita-of-Time if I remember correctly, and one of my best friends Gregor made a Rick-of-Rhyme, haha.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok...I'll bite...I'm really ancient but somehow I doubt you knew me or my guild or town.

Why don't you give us a few hints on the "contribution" you made that no one remembers. Us old timer's memory sometimes needs a smack with a bat :p

I knew mostly just average good & bad people, none of which would probably have been noticed by you. I remember many of them fondly. Did I know you?
It would help alot if you could give me names, I knew alot of people on there, but of course in these days we were still out figuring which pieces of the stone of immortality were large enough to host lore and inspire loyalty.

To give you a clue as to my contribution it would be very hard, but lets say that I was one very hopeful kid that thought he would enter a lore rich world with unique characters that were played by the creators of the server, or people with powers and imagination, which created unique quests to keep the world and economy alive.

However, Richard Garriott did not plan his project well obviously, because there were so many bugs that I have seen their first attempts at quests being thwarted by hackers who killed them (they weren't invulnerable to keep things with a certain degree of realism) and made the servers crash etc etc... why they did that noone knew, Mondain's accolytes perhaps ! But they did it over and over... until they abandoned the project to fix the bugs... and they worked HARD on that...

So that was my first contribution, in the beta testing I was reporting at least a bug every day, they incorporated my suggestions and pondered my remarks about balance. We had tournaments to test out the new settings, etc... I am one of the most important bug finders in the history of UO, that means that yes indeed, I could not resist to use some of them for my own purpose, but not at first, not during beta.

When I realised the people I admired were working their ass off so hard to make the game a fair game, I logged on everyday trying out everything in every thinkable combination to find as much bugs as possible to help them.

But at one point we couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel anymore, they more bugs we fixed the more appeared, and obviously they didn't know how to fix this. Heck they didn't have a system to track items, so if someone stole you, your stuff was LOST, not one GM cared that they had cheated to get it, they couldn't know for sure he did.

So little by little, GM'S stopped talking to me, they stopped coming to check on the bugs I found, they even stopped answering me !

Some players were given free months for the same contributions on release... the release was terribly bugged (they weren't ready in my opinion, but obviously needed the money) as well I'm sure all of you remember ! But I received no more replies to my e-mails saying thank you, and no more GM would answer me in game.

Were they busy, were they observing me... thats hard to tell, because it made no sense, some of my friends found bugs too, and they received replies. The only way I can explain this is the strange meeting I had with lord Blackthorne, who told me in a quite mystical way in front of his castle, that I smelled youth and despair. Well he disapeared after telling me just this running away on his fast horse, never to be seen again. Now thats enough to get a little RP spirit animated by the soul behind the heart, wouldn't you say ?

It was since that day that everyone started definitively ignoring me, and it was constant amongst the players and staff. So I started trying to find some bugs that would get me noticed, oh and I found good ones, but mostly to find rares or manage to steal the unstealable at first. This time I thought, I would use them for my own benefit until a GM comes warn me, I had nothing to loose, we had no real game since the only mystery I had was that lord Blackthorne had a particularly good sense of smell.

So I used and abused bugs, but never on a large scale, I never was really rich or you wouldn't see me reskilling people for fun, but I did try to own all dungeons, because they were the only places I tought that my "smell" wouldn't interfere with what I hoped to become, a great warrior of an honorable order or chaos. At first I wanted to defend the ladies who got lost in there, I thought I would use my powers (self-knighted with the power of bugs lol) to impress people. But people ignored me, they weren't impressed I could kill a dragon, or save them in extremis from a certain death. Most people did even completely ignore me, noone thanked me for resing them with full health and their equipment back magically. Was I cursed by lord Blackthorne I thought... and my anger started to build, I was not angry at anyone really, not the staff, nor the players... but time had reason of me and my anger blinded me. I started killing and stealing from people who did not care to answer me. I even tought they weren't human in the heart.

But as time went by my goal was fading, because there was no Lord to knight me, there was no mage to put me into fear, there was no creature beyond my grasp.

I owned the "system" at that point, and many players reported me for being unrealisticly powerful. I could get in a dungeon and tease a hunting party as my murderer, wait until they finished killing their huntee, let them get the first swing at me and sometimes wipe groups of 5-6 people with sometimes powerful tamers. And yes I was abusing bugs during those days, but somehow every bug I found was VERY hard for osi to fix, unrealisticly hard, and some of the rare people that actually talked to me found such bugs as well.

As you can imagine we started hanging together, and we became noticing that what WE found was hard to fix, since we knew the game so well we also realised people reporting us wouldn't receive replies from GMS. But then came the first biggest conflict of interest I have ever witnessed. Some people began being afftected by the dungeons we roamed in a meta-physical way thats hard to fathom. They became greedy, despiseful, and wicked beyond arbitrage. Those are my friends that created such groups like the Skunk works... of course when they did this they started ignoring me as well because I was not interested in using the powers to become rich or purely annoy people which they enjoyed, I suspect they were a little older than me and skunk represented their consuming cannabis.

So I was alone again, abusing my own little bugs, trying to get people to know me, I just wanted to communicate, make a friend that knew what loyalty meant and that cared about the virtues which truely make the game unique in my opinion. There was substance to everything we encountered, the lore was now there, but no spirit to animate the substance, I was lonely, very lonely.

I started stealing rare books, stealing unique items from all across the towns and realised that this game was not built by a man with no clue, there was alot of symbolism in there, and folklore as well, very ancient and often forgotten. We had wisps, we had pirates... everything was in place but I was seemingly the only one who knew what was going on at the "matrix" level. At this time the gamemasters did not readily ban the bug abusers, because they could observe them and let them reveal unknowingly all their tricks, so my perception was pretty ambiguous.

One thing was for certain , and it's that everyone on the server was affected sooner or later by the bug abusers, everyone was griefed, so there was an emotional charge building up on the server, a kind of palpable tension which made everone uneasy (as we should be) to adventure in the wild out of city protection. For those who enjoy the metaphorical aspects of the UO history, and I think everyone had the shivers when listening to the opening video at first :) Well let me say that Mondain was no stupid wizard, yes perhaps at the time he was lost because he thought his magic would keep him safe, so he casted more and more spells absorbing his consciousness to the point he never saw the warrior approaching. But he had thought about that eventuality, and that is why he put the gem up in his tower, a tower with geomantic powers, which would channel the liberated energy of the gem in a certain manner.

So in a way we can ponder which did commit the most evil deed of all, Mondain, or the lone stranger by shattering the gem and leaving it on the floor of the tower, now all the people of all sosarias would be affected by the same magic now, the same patterns, the same necromantic matrices. Well he isn't a stranger no more.

Here I stand, 'tis me and I am here to communicate that I have not fallen into forgetfullness. When I got out of mondain's tower, I did not realise the clever charm Mondain had casted on the interior of his doors, as his life essence dropped into the abyss he engaged that time spell with his last breath, which inverted my perception of time, and I was thrown looking towards the west and landed on the Pacific shard, but somehow the more I advanced the more I moved to the east, and I found myself on atlantic unknowingly, walking backwards into the sea only to be pushed back on the shore every night, where I was free to roam the realm in quest for a purpose.

The more I roamed, the more uneasy I was, because everytime I would loose part of my maturity, along with a dream of finding why I was allowed to manipulate the fabric of sosaria from the outside in. Now more and more people would be getting bans, exploiters relied more and more on hacked accounts, they were now very hard to track, Gm's unwanting to ban fair players because they were hacked.

So then began what you knew as the history of the Atlantic shard. You can well see now I hope the outlines of my contribution to the game, and how strangely I realise now who I am in all of this. And how much I care and ask myself, if anyone cares about my identity, lest my avatars be.

I had a dream... (to be continued)

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although I am fairly sure I dont go back as far as some of the people in this post, being a newbie in early 1999, I consider myself a vet, for whatever thats worth.

I wish I could remember half of the people I have had the pleasure encountering over the years. The issues of time, and other unmentionable reasons, have clouded much of my Sosarian memories.

The one thing that I can say without hesitation was you could very easily have been a legend in your own private section of the lands of Sosaria and the rest of the population would never have known it, or even heard whispers of you.

That is how vast the world was back then, how busy each part of the community was carving out their own little kingdoms, often going untouched by the majority of the playerbase.

Sadly the powers that be, shaping Ultima Online over the years, must have been sleeping during class when the acronym KISS was explained to them in grade school.
Your cynism is very familiar however, even if I did not know all of you personally, I dreamt of all of you, because of you we created magic for ourselves, understanding how powerful our imagination really was. And I still feel this here, now.

Perhaps you don't hesitate when you say something to a stranger, but I do. As you perhaps have read or now will read, no part of sosaria was untouched by the events before your time, and they still continue to affect you, perhaps for as long as the shard will live.

The goal was to make it complex, not complicated, and the majority of the developpers probably thought it meant : Knights in Satan's Service.

I'm not kidding...

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I played a character named Artanis back then. I wasn't very involved with the RP community then, but I was friends with many of them including Nick-of-Time and Rainbow King (my two favorite tamers).

There was also a Nikita-of-Time if I remember correctly, and one of my best friends Gregor made a Rick-of-Rhyme, haha.
I remember Artanis very well, it seems you got to know the "lighter" side of the mystical Nick-of-Time, and I got to know his darker side.

The man is still a mystery to me, and if I begun to list all the "impossible" occurances I lived while he was tagging along you would all think I'm a crazy liar.

But that is why I am seeking to find him again, perhaps you are reading this Nick. Well I command you to step up, because for many you were the youthful heart of the game, and you represented hope for many. Shine on you crazy diamond !

With much love,

Ahu (A.k.a Raistlin, Tasslehoff, Samuel, Brainbug, and another name I'm unwilling to reveal in full for now)

P.S. - Anyone else remembers Flint and Christinna ? Our reaching towards the dragonlance realm lore only serves to reinforce the force that drove us together, the famine, for spirit and animation, the craving for purpose and compassion.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am truely shocked by what I uncover of my past.

I am not trying to conjure old fears or invoke the breath of the dragon to secure to myself the undying love of mercy, let that be clear before I proceed.

Althought I always felt there was real meaning to the happenings on this server, perhaps this virtual world somehow connects with out dream world I thought ? And who knows , what you dream can influence your actions in the real world ?

Anyways let me start on this lighter note :

http://www.imanewbie.com/loband/lo-ima-frameset.shtml

This is the classic and most funny cartoon about UO ever made, a classic in its own right, can you smell the similarities to my story ? Is life really holographic to that extent ?

I know I ask lots of questions, and I EXPECT answer from all who care about Sosaria ! Ok I'm rarely serious, but still, you just laughed, now think.

Totally unrelated I'm jumping in an unlinear fashion to before I became "bad" :

http://www.atlantic-orcs.org/UOHistory/jenny.html

Jenny was one of the most intelligent woman I met in this game, my memories of those moments in my UO life are extremely obscure and hard to recall, much harder than my RL childhood. I remember honoring that marriage, specially that marriage, we lost contact when everyone started forgetting who I was and where I came from. Evil winds blowed on sosaria, next thing I knew they were nowhere to be seen again.

Where are you Spudz ? I found Odin parading around, what happened to my memories ?

I just learned on this page that Jenny was killed, may she also rest in peace. Now two of the people who influenced my life most in the online realm, but transforming my consciousness tremendously are dead in strange circumstances.

If I told you the last conversation I had with Tiffric, you would all be freaked out of your wits, so I will keep that to myself for the time being.

Now let me think a moment... is it REALLY a good idea to leave that DARK story into the shadows of a game, or will it be allowed to surface for what it really is ? Will I be be censored once again ?

SPEAK YOUR MINDS UP, NOW !

D

Draken-Korin

For someone who is claiming to be such a large part of UO history I'm somewhat shocked you JUST LEARNED of Jennys passing, what was that 9 years ago now???

I have no clue who you were in game but, now I may be going out on a limb here, I am fairly certain a guy who just took off into space for good gods sake wouldnt consider a pixel from SOSARIA as something, or someone, he feared.

This is who I believe you are, a delusional individual who was just released from an insane asylum, MUCH MUCH too early.

That being said welcome back to UO>

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For someone who is claiming to be such a large part of UO history I'm somewhat shocked you JUST LEARNED of Jennys passing, what was that 9 years ago now???

I have no clue who you were in game but, now I may be going out on a limb here, I am fairly certain a guy who just took off into space for good gods sake wouldnt consider a pixel from SOSARIA as something, or someone, he feared.

This is who I believe you are, a delusional individual who was just released from an insane asylum, MUCH MUCH too early.

That being said welcome back to UO>
This is what is most funny about me. I have never been a violent person with anyone, I always turned the left cheek when hit on the right, in my life I have wronged noone by my intention. Yet on UO, you can say something happened, some magic, some coincidences that made me turn into a "bad fruit".

Do you beleive in coincidence ? I beleive in nothing, this is too strange.

You know I knew this happened, but it has been completely erased from my memory, and for a very good reason. You seem shocked, but you ain't nearly shocked as I am. I took me the picture at the bottom of that page to remember I was a proeminent member of the AMT, not because of my in game skills, but because of my knowledge of lore, ad because I knew Tiffric was really a wise man in red robes, there was substance in his character.

People nowadays will go watch movies and get scared, yet you are so quick to affirm that noone can get scared in game. That must mean most people must belong in the asylums to be scared by a picture on a screen. Notice how I have used the word fear, I did this on purpose, so I could see if you were one of those.

I submit to you, that if I have been badly brainwashed, that you have been a sucess, but in the inverse, the definitive. Now if I can really help you, thats another story, literally I can't. But maybe you will find a way to help yourself observing and learning from my mistakes.

I also insist, that I have been taken to the head of the Zog Cabal, initiated, when I was merely 14-15 years old. This game was intended for 18+ people, and let me say watch strangers in a game commit sacrifices and taking very seriously this supposed game is freaky. I had seen some movies back then I think with some violent content but it was nothing compared to what I witnessed, ****, gratuitious murder, that I witnessed. Now if most the people that were used as "victims" considered it was fun I'm not sure it was the case with all, some were truely heartbroken seeing this. Yes I am a man, but I have always had emotions and felt compassion for other players in this game. To me if you agree to play this game and find it fun, its because you do take it as something a little more than a game, because look at it anyway ; its all in your imagination. So don't play the snobbish I'm holier than thou with me, this is ridiculous. And I mean it when I say they took it very seriously... the rituals were all there, the magic words all meant something, it was all very intimately linked to the people who made this game. They would NEVER get out of character, even when the seers showed up, they continued to act as if those people didn't exist, again who were those "actors" ? There was lots of them, at least 20 I knew.

You act like you seemed to know alot too, but did you know who are the Zog Cabal in relation to Lord British ? Can you explain to me why he gave free stuff worth millions and personally knighted the people who merely vainquished the Cabal while I stayed all night long every day for months building up, participating and even writting parts of that story for free ? Noone gave me anything but the door's direction , when I started to protest that the trial that was given was all a huge setup to free the "actors" of this era because their purpose was complete. This should give youa clue. I even played a character that held one of the crystals of power for the FoA, and beleive me, everyone feared me and noone ever dared to attack me.

Now why would anyone do that you say, I smell the skeptic in your from miles away... Money ! Perhaps you do not remember but at the same time GM Datura sold for over 110000$US of gold on e-bay. What was his trial that made me so frustrated ? He paid 3000$ in fees to OSI, he kept the rest, or distributed it amongst his cabal friends ?

Coincidence they all got fired and I didn't see one of them again, while they used to always come to me by locating my character, to laugh and share the glory of the "cabal".

People were supposed to collect the cryatals to complete the quest, yet noone ever killed me, the seers just took the crystal from me and ditched me while making me forget about it all, and I DID forget why I even wanted to protest that trial.

Now please understand that this was a first in the gaming world, but also a first in the world at large. We now know scientifically our language center in the brain is one of the most stimulated by the " live" internet. We don't know the repercussions of a large scale imprint of this magnitude in the subconscious. Some very serious scientists are studying this I hope you are aware.

I submit to you people that are loyal to the atlantic server, that those necromancers are guilty of highly treasonous hypnosis, and magik (I leave that part to your discernement) upon the masses of children in this world you call your home.

I also submit the ghost of the past is imprinted in our collective memory. We have a mystery on our hands...

The west is the best ?

All in good fun !

Ahu

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and another funny fact I remember, I had to relinquish all my gold when I was initiated into the cabal.

Another coincidence ? What would seers do with my gold I never knew... I tought at that time they might be so IN GAME that they wanted to build the tower the way players do, without the assistance of the seers.

But in a way I also knew that the leaders of the cabal weren't players, they appreared the day it started, and vanished along with GM Datura.

Did you know Datura is an hallucinogenic plant of deep mystical proportions, it was used just like MANDRAKE ROOT to attain visionary states of consciousness and in folkore witches used it to "fly".

Speak your minds up Britannians ! I know your world was split in two parts, representing the dissociation of the two brain halves, the sucess of hypnosis and transferance of responsibility. The comfortable and the insecure.

Now please bear with me, I will not come impose my presence, I speak in the name of the people, you must reclaim your heritage !

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is the full text, I think its relevant, can you people figure out if its a man or a woman ?

Yesterday, I was sitting in my office talking with GM Rock when Leilo came in and informed me that tomorrow my profile is due. Hmm....um, okay. So, here I am sitting at home at 3:40am and I am trying to brainstorm what to write and how to introduce my self. In case you were wondering, yes, more often than not, we do call each other by our GM names.... without the GM part of course.
How did I come to work here? Why am I here? I was eight years old when my brother and his friends introduced me to Dungeons & Dragons. This was during the time in which churches carried pamphlets informing our parents of how D&D would draw their children into the realm of El Diablo. I was eight years old, young and impressionable. I would just like to take this time to state that I have yet to sacrifice or dismember anyone or anything in hopes of acquiring more power. When I was young, I spent my days playing football, kickball, basketball, and other various games that my friends and I made up. At night, we spent our late nights huddled in front of a Commodore 64 playing the Bard's Tale series and Pool of Radiance/TSR titles. This was how I spent my summers/weekends as a kid, and how I was lead down the path to discover Ultima.

Another friend of mine named Mike, whom I have known since elementary school, introduced me to Ultima IV. Ultima was the game that I had wanted, since no more Bard's Tales were being made, and all other the other games I was playing were boring. Mike and I ended up playing and solving Ultimas IV through 7.5. He left for college and I bought my first computer since my C64 so I could play Ultima VIII. I bought a P90 since I knew nothing at the time about PC's and a P90 is what the pamphlet I had for U8 recommended to play it on.

That was 1993 and we now make a jump to 1997. I was going to school at Southwest Texas University, still had my P90, and I was waiting to play UO beta on it. I sent my 2 dollars in for the beta and I was spending my time geeking it in Ichat waiting for GM Goatboy, CWM, and GM Beast to come into channel and tell us the latest news on UO. It was in Ichat that I met a friend who later became GM Ostara. It was in Ichat that I met Slyfiend, who was later featured on our front page. It was in Ichat that I met Thrin, Skull, Medic, Badger, Scourge, Zantego, Cobymac, and many others I would later see in the game when I was a Gamemaster. Finally my beta CD arrived in the mail in July '97, and I was playing on my P90 with 80mbs of ram and a 28.8 dialup. And they said I needed a P133... Hah!

Since I was out of school at the time, I played the beta an average of 12 hours a day. My friends were always throwing parties in our upstairs apartment, so when night time came, I was always being dragged away. I am not sure into what detail I can go into in regards to the parties we had. When you walked into the apartment, the room was dark. Before your eyes could adjust to the black light, or the strobe light, someone was asking you to remove your shoes. You would look down to your right, and see a pile of about 60 shoes. Once your eyes were adjusted to the light, you could make out figures dancing about with body paint that was glowing on their bodies. The music being pumped out from the speakers was usually Chemical Brothers, Moloko, Lords of Acid, The Prodigy, Moby, BT, Bomb the Bass, Portishead, Young American Primitive and other techno artists. Our parties were loud, fun, and often got pretty crazy by the time 4am and only the "regulars" remained. This is how my life was when I was 22 and going to school at SWT. UO then party, UO then party, UO then party.

In September 1997 it was time to go to school and time to work. I sought out a job in Austin (a 30 minute commute) at the South Austin Best Buy. I had worked at another Best Buy for 2 years, so they put me in charge of the software section.

October 1997 came and UO was released for commercial sale. I was selling all of our boxes to anyone that would give me five minutes to inform them of Ultima Online.

November 1997 came and I convinced my supervisor Eddie to let me off work early so I could attend a party that Origin was holding at a club called Paradox in Austin. I left work and drove to Paradox in hopes of meeting someone who played the game and on my server. My friend who introduced me to the game was playing on the East Coast and I was playing Pacific at the time. I walked around the club and stopped to ask everyone in the place if they played on or knew anyone that played on Pacific. Nobody was playing Pacific, but it wasn't all for naught. I did get to meet Raph Koster (Designer Dragon) and debate the "notoriety" system and the ideas of bounties for murders. I also stopped and had a shot of something in a test tube with Starr Long (Blackthorn).

While I was talking to Starr Long about an announcement by GM Zippy that they were hiring Game Masters, he asked if he could trust me. I said, "Yes, of course you can." He then opened up some groovy looking tin and handed me his business card that listed his direct phone number and email address. He told me to email him my resume to him and that he would get in touch with Zippy.

In January 1997, I was leaving for New York to visit my grandparents and still hadn't heard from Origin about a job. I emailed Human Resources before I left, and gave them my grandparents phone number to call me if I got the job. On January 8, 1998 I got the call while in New York that I had a job as a Game Master at Origin Systems Inc. My 30-minute commute turned into a 45-minute commute and my 12 hours a day gaming habit turned into 12 hours a week. My game time was cut into by my working 50 hours a week in the game.

After a year of being GM Datura, I am now 25 years old and a responsible adult who is known as GM Lead Gabriel. Datura was named after a plant that grew in San Marcos that I would see on my walk down a hill to class. I had learned about Datura and other plants in my class called 'Magick, Ritual, and Religion.' You may not have heard of the plant by that name, but may have by its other names: Belladonna, Gabriel's Trumpet, Nightshade, Applethorn, and Jimson Weed. I still love Electronic music very much and I hope to start being trained here at Origin on how to make it. Once I feel comfortable that I am able to produce something audibly pleasurable for the masses, I hope to start creating new music for all of Origin's games.

The next time that I sit down to write one of these, I won't be up 'til 5am and I will detail what I actually do here. And now comes the time for the thank-yous (as if I was on stage accepting some sort of award).

I would like to thank you for your time in reading this, Starr for trusting me, Mike for getting me interested in the Ultima series, and to those who have put their time and efforts into making Ultima Online an enjoyable place to visit.

--------

Does it get any clearer than this ?

You have dimembered me "Gabriella", perhaps unwittingly, lets hope unwittingly. I am the ultimate sacrifice to your glory.

SPEAK UP !

G

GreyPawn

I am what you might consider to be an "old timer". Short of Dragons, I'm probably one of the most persistent fixtures Atlantic has ever had. I have the notorious distinction of continuously being "The Last of the First" in terms of establishments of UO.

In the Atlantic Mage Tower, I was GreyPawn, appointed as Spymaster for the Guild during the epic tournament and one of the last to join the Tower before it fell to a long line of Keepers, none which ever managed to revive it to its former glory. It was the Tower that inspired me to found the Moonglow Town Council, which I am pleased to say operates even to this day. Nick-of-Time and I shared a passing acquaintance, as he owned the plot of land in Felucca (a 2-story) analagous to the Moonglow Town Council Headquarters in Trammel. I still see Wieland about, at times, and I believe VirulLord formerly of the Seekers became the last of the Keepers who held the AMT stone.

Aldroud Claven and Jenny, good friends of mine, eventually went on to found the Orc clan on Atlantic, with Aldroud giving up the role of a mage instead for an Orc Chieftain named Grishnak. Combined with the Order of the Ebon Skull lead by Azalin and Pazzuzu, they were able to present a definitive force of darkness that acted as a catalyst for the creation of dozens of guilds of light, some which still exist.

You've missed a lot of history, and I have borne witness to things I'd rather not have. Rivendell was destroyed, the Temple of the Avatar fell, the Lost Order of Akalabeth had their clearing mutilated by housing placements, and the Serpents Cross Tavern fell to disuse. I'm not going to tell you what happened to the Tower, or the heartbreaking story associated with its fall and the loss of the Eternal Flame of Mages. In its place now is a surrogate, artificial tower in memorium to the one that spawned so much history. It is a noble thing, whose curator has taken great pains to replicate the way the Tower was. I recommend visiting it if you can.

On a positive note, the Flint and Christine Memorial still stands, so too does many of the dwelling places of former Seer characters. If you want to know more, you'll need to tell me the name you were most known by. I sincerely doubt there are more five actual players left with anything even resembling a grudge from those ancient days.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to our Mystery poster :)

i wouldnt worry about anyone beeing mad anymore, i also wouldnt worry about alot of the things that happend back then. They may have seemed very upsetting to you at 15 maybe even scarry, but after all this is and was allways just a game.

Yes some go through great lenght to create this ingame character and play it right down to pure evil, but its a game for them too.

It is allways nice to see Vets return and to add to the history thats been collected and for old friends to unite.

Tell your story , but make yourself known.

and let the hard feelings go most of the people from back them arent playing anymore anyways

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ladies first,

So sweet of you to care, I really appreciate !

I don't really worry, the emotion I was feeling was more like terror. When I was 15 I wasn't scared... I killed people in the game, like you said it's just a game. But after all this and what I lived, I don't feel it was just a game back then, we know GM Datura sold that much gold on e-bay, but we have no idea if the other sellers were also connected to the people I have seen mysteriously disapearing, and reapearing with super seer powers in order to get some people to invest really big amounts.

When I left UO a little after renaissance came out, it was because I was flabberghasted, I had enough !

When the evil is manipulating the in-game mechanics, making players dupe gold with a stupid bug the "cannot" fix in months of gameplay I find in the least suspicious, even more when the GMs AND Seers come and "collect" the illegal gold to... shant I say more.

I have known greater evil, by choice, I remember who I am.

You know who I was and I am nothing mysterious, ordinary man...

My first character was never guilded, because he was Tasslehoff ; as a lone thief I lived in bucaneers den for a long time, expected to arrive in a world at least thief friendly, had to ressort to begging to afford a living at first. Soon an accomplished fencer he also became a master of poison as the world became more and more hostile.

My character in AMT was Raistlin. I pondered a long time when creating my mage, I realise I subconsciously wasn't interested in fame back then. I said Raistlin is simple yet supple and since it will most likely evoke reactions, expectation and the like I tought it would be interesting :scholar: Since I had studied much ultima and general lore I was quick to be admitted in the AMT in the peak of its glory, I was a very good and fair student, also a red robe as you can imagine. Things turned dark for Raistlin when the AMT began receiving attacks from the illegal players, to defend the tower at first, I had to resort to more and more black magic, even killing restlessly all the "not quite innocent players" that were there to spell trouble. I hunted them, I even killed their friends, without them having to do anything but look complicit with them.

I have yet to be refreshed on how and when in all that Tiffric got ill, and I became his confident in the last days he played UO gloriously, made children smile and I include myself too, he made me laugh. He knew he was going to pass yet he did not let anyone see him falter, because he knew his cause was just. I am revealing to you what he was on about, there was real evil in that world, innocent children were exposed to that world, we had to prevail.

So on I went and when he died, I had not my place there anymore, there was too much blood on my hands and I was happy because Greypawn looked like a man of his word, and I knew you would fight until the end, and never forget.

Have you seen how quickly I passed from he to I... its a passion, but I don't take myself seriously. I was just like ImANoob for a loong time, well relatively speaking.

So it's not hard feelings, it's a mystery :)

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am honored Greypawn, by your reply, but also by your unending perseverance, as a brother I honor you.

I remember the tournament, I was in all tournaments, everyone was so lively !

I remember VirulLord, at that moment my character began to be so consumed by evil and pure thoughts of vengeance that I killed pretty much everyone in sight. This is afterI joined AoD, they offered me ressources having witnessed my destructive power. To further my studies I accepted, the AMT would not even hear my voice, they were too busy... I was already forgotten back then, some darkness poisoned the very heart of the mage tower. Dire killing ensues because too many bugs unbalance the game, so we just fight to keep people out of our houses... and AoD is still to this day the only guild who didn't form alliances.

When the situation resolved, I regained my mind, I simply had reached the limits of the game with my bugs, my character was still "legit" in the sense I didn't use bugs to kill better, but only to make my character 7x GM and have the acceptable equipment. As I said I seen lots of gold, but I wasn't interested, even if I know people old it for real cash. I always moved on to one rich place to another, seemingly gaining sympathy but never much rememberance. I played my role, and you can imagine I soon joined the order of the Ebon Skull. Now that was right at the moment Azalin was going to quit, at that point I was not only playing, but creating amazing artwork that could have been used into the game... noone cared. All passed so fast, and the evil was permeating the whole system.

Now was that before or after FoA ? When I hit FoA I stutter, I can't say when, I can't say details... yet I have played months in those quests, I remember bits and pieces !!! Thanks for helping me remember !

My heart remained true all along, and I never went against the virtues, but from a wounded and treasoned mind, some of the virtues mix and seen not so clear.

The eternal flame of mages never was lost, I still can create it out of any flame, as per Tiffric's instructions. He never liked rituals, that what I liked about him !

Look at the picture at the bottom of Jenny's page I posted earlier. By an incredible coicidence, thats me... Raistlin.

You remember ?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh by the way, I'm not holding any secrets from you.

The only name I'm withholding is my real name, so its not a secret, I just don't know who to trust with it yet, because for all I know it could be magical.

You know all my in-"game" names...

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I take back my word, maybe not gullible...

But definately naive...

You move him, you give him alcohol and a few toys, and he beleives he's just another madman ?

http://thezogcabal.com/PaintersHall/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_1380.JPG

Can anyone comment on THIS ?!

My goal is not to close this thread with unbeleivable holographic imagery, surely someone has something to add ?

Screenshots from the AMT and FoA ? Why are they so hard to find...

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know Halister had alot of trouble finding screenshots from the ATM when he tried to reconstruct the tower.

Dont seem to be much left from the old days ...we had the same problem when we tried to restore Leiahs Runelibrary

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know Halister had alot of trouble finding screenshots from the ATM when he tried to reconstruct the tower.

Dont seem to be much left from the old days ...we had the same problem when we tried to restore Leiahs Runelibrary
Yeah, I noticed you managed to find that one of the leaders of the Zog Cabal was posting on here, and also on the roleplayer forums, I also noticed you did visit their pages lately.

Why didn't you say anything ?

So yall are telling me that all the Another Mad Tower comics were lost ? All the screenshots we had on www.atlanticmagetower.com were all lost ?! Don't accuse me of turning this into a huge "conspiracy", you are all doing it !

Oh and btw I posted the wrong link in my previous post, thats his machine lol, what I meant to post was this :

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=965057#post965057

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny how you have been playing silent too, Molly. I always knew you were bright, I can see you are all friends now.

Rachel you are watching this thread, do you at all remember me ?

Sam the Scribe, were you here in those days too ? Was it you the Samuel everyone in my friends was mistaking me with ?

I can feel emotional coherence from you all, I don't beg to be different...

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cant speak but only for myself...

Have been to this world since 2001, i know some of the names you mentioned ring bells , but when i started in 2001 i mainly played Trammel since i was only told the worst stories about Felucca.

I started with the 3rd Dawn expansion before LBR.
So you may not consider me one of the old timers heh.

I was part of a Trammel Guild of Brits that had their Guildhouse right behind the brit Cemetary for the longest time. LDI was their name.

Only after i met some old OSD members and Goodman i really got into the History part of Atlantic.
Back then Wintermoor was still intact , so was the ATM , the Annex was gone thou. I remember talking to a nice guy that had vendors at the Mag beach Library that owned a little stone house behind the Mage tower. he friended me there and i went there quite often.

Now the biggest Credit of all i would give to Andrasta and Halister by feeding me the old stories over and over, wich brought me to the idea of making Andra , Halister and Molly strap on their hiking shoes, go through their runebooks and Andra helped me compose the History threat. (original was lost in the frum crash, but Halister had it saved on the RP forum...thank god)

Other that that i been meeting some of the old RPers on the way heh, through convinience really on most parts.
Molly, Cear, Halister .....
They all been dear friends to me.

Thou i dont RP much mainly cause i am on in diffrent time zones, and Andra keeps me locked in the Runelibrary :hug: plus i am not very good at it heh

I dont hide , i am allways available one or the other way...

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Avenhar, maybe you have not lived, but having and keeping such friends certainly makes you an old timer in the heart. I appreciate all the cordiality you have extended me, I feel very much welcome !

Now that I know you don't remember me Cear, and that I know you can take an insult like a grown man, I will tease you :)

I hope you have read the thread in its entirety before trying to weave in your "colors", I have talked much about my bug exploiting and also my initiation into the zog cabal before it became FoA.

I did meet you and your friends, I visited all your places, witnessed the rituals. Very authentic and intriguing for me at the time, congrats about that. Now that I know what it all stands for Kabbalah and time-space pandemonium lets say the balance has shifted.

Have you softened up to the point where you became friends with trammies ? I'm kidding I pose no judgement of valor upon those who have been forced into a dissociative system !

FoA might be yours, but you have lost the trust of your best student, and forgot about me. And before you knew it I had not only casted the armageddon spell myself, evenmore I had elucidated the wicked purpose of those seers that took over your guild to manipulate you all into pyramidal vortices.

Remember the day ? Have you touched the glory of your spell unfold by my habile tongue ? Have you seen the cries of ralliement, friends calling their guildmates at a time early in the morning to defend britannia against the hordes of Balrons ? have you tasted the hope and despair mixing seamlessly in the night sky ? Have you heard time slowing down to a halt ? Have you smelled the warmth of humanity, probing the unknown like the milky way ?

I have visited your website, I am encouraged that you still remember the lore, and the holographic communication of the wisps...

But I don't want anything, what did you have in mind ? How can you help me ?

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
your pretty weird. are you sure you know me?

if figured since you posted links regarding me, some of which have nothing to do with uo. i might be able to help you. maybe in regards to your original post?

your last post makes little to no sence to me. i love all players, tram or fel, have no colors, whatever they may be to you, and life would be great for everyone if you just said who you are. if you even exist?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your pretty weird. are you sure you know me?

if figured since you posted links regarding me, some of which have nothing to do with uo. i might be able to help you. maybe in regards to your original post?

your last post makes little to no sence to me. i love all players, tram or fel, have no colors, whatever they may be to you, and life would be great for everyone if you just said who you are. if you even exist?
Thats exactly why I hypened the word "colors" since I know your (FoA's) motives were rarely creational, even recreational ?

So you remember Nick ? He got me in your guild because he saw what I could do...

I was so mad about being powerless against Tiffric's illness that I started to kill... I felt something terribly wrong happened to him, especially after what he told me in the days before he died... but not only I was killing, people froze when I ran in, I wouldn't even be surprised some peed their pants.

But I would never take myself seriously, so I would seemingly hypnose people to kill them, I would seemingly create myself a magic shield agains the GMs who should have banned me for blatant bug abusing. How would you react when this all becomes so consistent you start to expect it subconsciously ? I would watch and laugh at some people I killed that tried to report me for bug abuse, I would even ridicule them abusing useless bugs in their face and tell them. See no god is coming to help you ?

Well you seemed people who can explain... and I still don't know how Nick figured out you guys could mentor me, because I was wild. But soon enough I was following your rituals, assisting to your closed leader meetings. I ran around with one of the crystals, as you can read earlier. I was there for the major maze event, have been trainsformed into special monster by the seers that were there. I was given seer powers temporarly, they told me I would be allowed to participate, that I would be the first seer from my region. But they were quick to forget, and I had put my hopes up, I liked to entertain the players, thats always how I had fun in this game. But it wasn't a game no more, and I hadn't realised that... So I left with the crystal and deep frustration.

My goal was pretty noble, I enjoyed to die and give loot to the players, I tought this was a volunteer run event, but soon I realised how only the seers would make me do things, and how much you and Junin and the others would completely ignore me. I don't blame you, my name was Raistlin and I didn't like fame, nor gold, nor woman favors ; I liked power to entertain. You prolly tought oh lookie another noob with a dragonlance name.

Well after being ignored so balatantly (beleive me or not it was very frustrating) sometimes I could just stand there in front of you guys and you would ignore everything I said. I now suspect the seers following me might have made me invisible, who knows.

I became so angry, having done what was for me boring rituals (noone tought it was important to give me lore about their significance), having listened to your plants and quest of Armageddon for days without end, and not even deserving a reply, a welcome or even acknowledgement. I was walking around in special clothes, with a very special ring, the way you speak about those days you don't sound like you remember the details...

And that crystal... you guys wanted em all, everyone wanted them and I knew I had to do something with it.

It was an alltogether too dark night, the moon wasn't even brightening up the night sky. I had spent the whole night visiting special places, reading books, and I hadn't met a soul... Everywhere I walked, people would stop talking, would hide, and whispered behind my back.

I felt more and more powerful... but I couldn't entertain, people would fear the Zog robe, but had no idea what I could do with the ring, the crystal, or the lore I had acquired...

So I ventured on in dungeons, killing everything that stood in my path and didn't communicate with me.

I was terribly aggravated that everyone recalled in front of me, everyone would run... people who would fight dragons wouldn't even dare to challenge me.

I became thinking I was going crazy...this place is like the abyss I thought, I'm slowly going mad under the power of entropy, or was it the crystal, or was it the ring...

At that point there was only silence to answer me, it was 3-4 AM and not much people left on the servers... I began to talk to myself, walking outside destard. I was cursing, rambling and spellcasting for no reason. I was stronger than me I must have tried to create fun for myself, then a wisp appeared, and I followed it for a while... it seemed to talk back somehow like they sometimes do. I was kind of puzzled because I had no idea about this strange language, but I would kinda think I understood it, and we talked for maybe 10 minutes until he repeated the same phrase he did when I met it. Then I tought to myself, even that thing says everything is a round and round... so I tought, if the game is a cube, I have power over it.

I casted myself a nice sleek demon, used the ring on it but it did nothing, dropped the crystal on his body but it did nothing, and spoke words in my mind... how did they come to me is still a mystery.

Next thing I knew Balrons started popping around me ! I admit I was scared since I had never seen balrons before in the game, the toughest we had was demons and they were already pretty bad. So I ran, but everywhere I went some more popped in front of me.

Before I knew it all spread like a swarm on the server. Every town was soon encircled and balrons tried to fight their way in, it was the first time I had seen guards die. People were fighting the balrons quite well, and they called their friends, because somehow it looked like they could win, many balrons dropped... the fight went on for 1-2 hours... the near empty server was now full of people, the balrons were full of rare loot and items we had never seen, so everyone was pretty much happy... that is until someone attacked me and I lost my concentration.

The balron packs began to tighten, now it was exponential, and they would hunt me too, because I smelled like blood and I had casted a spell much too strong for my resolve, I didn't have the power to control them anymore.

They killed me, I tried to res, they killed me, I tried to res, I was swimming in a sea of balrons.

Everyone died... we stood there chatting and laughing as ghosts until some people became innervated and started calling OSI because no GM was on at that time.

30 minutes later the server was down, one hour later we were back on, but everyone had lost a DAY of playtime, a full 24 hours ! Everyone was yelling to find the person responsible, but as you can imagine I shut up, having no way to explain logically how I triggered such an event... I certainly didn't hack, it certainly was not anything I did in game because the GM message we got is that the server had a power surge and the script for armageddon was triggered on its own.

Now is that an incredible coincidence ? I don't beleive in anything anymore, I know what I intended to do that night.

Now do your own events become clearer in that light ? Will you assist me ?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am guessing from your posts this is what you consider to be "roleplaying". If you truly played such an important role in that corner of the community so long ago I sure am thankful I never joined in.

Your posts are an incoherent rambling mess.

This is not roleplaying, this is what actually happened that night, you obviously weren't there, you cannot understand since you don't want to understand.

Oh, but it's too late dear brother, you joined in... you sure did long time ago, and your unwillingness to actually read something else than plain old boring english will classify you as a boring adult in my opinion.

Yuck I wouldn't smell your pants for a million !

You know it's kind of hard
Just to get along today
Our subject isn't cool
But he fakes it anyway
He may not have a clue
And he may not have style
But everything he lacks
Well he makes up in denial

So don't debate, a player straight
You know he really doesn't get it anyway
He's gonna play the field, and keep it real
For you no way, for you no way
So if you don't rate, just overcompensate
At least you'll know you can always go on ricki lake
The world needs wannabe's
The world loves wannabe's
Let's get some more wannabe's
Hey, hey do that brand new thing

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehehe indeed !

I wasn't very kind to rivendell either... exept for Molly. She was really roleplaying (not judging me by reputation) so I would not have harmed a lady. Sorry for all the houses I looted guys, it's wasn't a good idea to walk around with keys in your pockets.

Anyone here reading was or is from LLTS ? The fights we had during those times were memorable. What about the Regulators ? Trinsic Borrowers ? SSJ ?

Very sweet memories...

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now repeat after me:

We do not troll, we do not troll, we do not troll....

Thank you.

Now behave and you all get to keep talking

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The more things change...The more they stay the same...

We still have lots of hacking, duping and cheating and judging by a few bastions of commerce in Luna, perhaps some nepotism going on...Lots of shiny coin to be made by those who don't care about the rules or the game. Not much has changed there.

I'm curious as to why you are dredging it all up now. You've been gone many years. What purpose does it serve to bring up seer/gm scandal now? Our reward has been no councillors, no companions, no seers and non existant GM service thanks to those less than scrupulous individuals. If you knew all this, why did you not sound the alarm all those years ago and perhaps we would still have some service?

You say people run when you talk about the old days...so you know people who value the memories are in a minority and they will not let you talk about it much longer.

Those of us who stayed figured the core was rotten eventually and got used to it, ignored it or waited very patiently for it to be destroyed by time.

We waited and waited and hoped things would change and all those who left would come back and our towns would be saved and our guilds strong again. That day has never come and nor shall it happen again.

We remember, some more equally than others. You do not see my town listed in Greypawn's response but if you were in AoD, you visited it many times to disrupt events...

One of the most fun times was trying to keep AoD guild out of our tower while we held the duels on the roof. No banning from buildings in those days and you could cast and hit us on the roof with ebolts and we could cast blade spirit from the roof. Do you remember?

Had you said that you were in the Merc's or the Pluggers, I'd have had a little more respect. I remember AoD dying just as much as we did along East Brit Road.

You remember Christine and Flint... Do you remember Woody Fletcher of the Solace Warriors? You remember Grishnak... Do you remember Gaul? Maud'Dib? The Pluggers? Dayel Stormcrow? Azaroth, Heracles and Order? Ursin? House of the Black Moon? Sandman? Screwball? Sariss of BCK? Balrog? Akula of HBM?

I did not know Nick so I cannot help you but I do remember and I do value the memories....

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...Sam the Scribe, were you here in those days too ?...

*Sam rubs his eyes and takes a sip of Mandrake Tea. Seeing his name mentioned... he feels compelled to draft a response...*

Hello Friend,

I am just a young man. My master, Lord Raven has more years in these lands than I... but your years fall back to the most ancient times. I do not know you. I know of only one that might have lived in your times. An associate of Lord Raven named Fossergrim.

In his youth, Fossergrim was a Ranger/Mage and fought with bow and magic. At one time, as I am told, this man... was leader of a Guild known as The Moonglow Trust. The guild operated from a small house not far from the town center and helped train and equip inexperienced players in what were the some of the most difficult and brutal times in Sosaria's history. At some point, the forces of darkeness claimed victory over his soul and he vanished from the lands into a state of suspension where his soul was constantly ravaged by the raging anger and evil of the undead.

From what is told to me, Lord Raven discovered ancient documents that disclosed the location of Fossergrim's entombment and in an dangerous and arcane ritual, performed a resurrection which allowed Fossergrims soul and body to merge and function again as a man. However in a bizarre twist, the ritual transformed his once human body into that of an elf, and his centuries of torment by the evil and undead caused his pure and just magic to become corrupted and transformed into powerful Necromancy.

Perhaps you knew him? Fossergrim? When I see him next, I shall tell him your names and see if they trigger memories of ancient times.

I hope that you re-enter the lands of Sosaria with the knowledge and wisdom of your past with, just a dash of hope... for the future.

Safe Travels, Sam

*A quick tap of his fingers summons a courrier... the message is posted.*

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The more things change...The more they stay the same...

We still have lots of hacking, duping and cheating and judging by a few bastions of commerce in Luna, perhaps some nepotism going on...Lots of shiny coin to be made by those who don't care about the rules or the game. Not much has changed there.

I'm curious as to why you are dredging it all up now. You've been gone many years. What purpose does it serve to bring up seer/gm scandal now? Our reward has been no councillors, no companions, no seers and non existant GM service thanks to those less than scrupulous individuals. If you knew all this, why did you not sound the alarm all those years ago and perhaps we would still have some service?
Well it's not surprising, this is a multi-million dollar industry. People are willing to pay up to 200$ real money, for a special elite platemail. It's not on e-bay anymore, but if you look around you'll see people still sell gold, duped gold on the web. This means EA brought the game exactly for this reason, I honestly doubt that Richard Gariott has a choice to sell his game. Thus they are letting it happen, dosen't take a genius to see it. They know we know, they know we cannot accuse them, how could we ever prove anything anyways.

It isn't hard to track a virtual item, I'm a lousy programmer and I know dozens of way to hamper the hacker's progress. It's even EASY with in-game mechanics already implemented. My purpose is to elucidate a mystery, I tought I was being quite clear about that, I need to remember, alas I do not seem to suffice myself.

I was also clear about the fact that I DID protest this, but everyone who could have done something (I was a kid) ignored and ridiculed me. It all was symbolic in the FoA trial at YEW, those people were convicted, but they NEVER served more than 5 minutes in jail. They were conveniently "moved" unto another shard by greater magic.

Now some people will say it's not magic it's a GM with admin powers, I say it is not, and this is why it was essential that I be brainwashed, since I had real power in game, not only lots of friends, I could hypnose someone to say the truth, I used this kind of magic unwittingly. I could smite by the power of the virtues, in a very dark and negative way.

What happened after the day I casted Armageddon ? Everyone said it was an error, all those people disapeared from the story, the seers were changed, everyone HID from me EXEPT Nick ! EA brought the game, everyone was moved, they even had the arrogance to offer me a companion job... COMPANION after all I did !

Again is this one big coincidence, I don't beleive in em, it all happened at the same time because magic was there, real magic, and this is where it all played out. I am old enough now to admit my errors, you are not all wrong in your accusation, my anger blinded me, and I forgot who I was.

I am not pretending, I am the lone stranger you see in the opening video, it was merely made to hypnotise and suggest me a manner of playing that would culminate in the best scam the world has ever seen. A scam that would like a cancer live for many years before it was challenged by the host body. Now some suggest it's alive, thats also part of the mystery. Now I'm not saying I'm special and I don't hold secrets from anyone anymore, this is why I'm here. Many players had the potential to become that lone stranger, I'm just the only one who achieved it, if you ask me, I'll blame it on pure luck.

Nick stayed with me in what I would best describe as incredulous compassion, he felt I was on to something... we always laughed when we died, never were lame together, completed each other ; if after all I find out he was a woman, I'd ask him out for a date :)

You say people run when you talk about the old days...so you know people who value the memories are in a minority and they will not let you talk about it much longer.

Those of us who stayed figured the core was rotten eventually and got used to it, ignored it or waited very patiently for it to be destroyed by time.

We waited and waited and hoped things would change and all those who left would come back and our towns would be saved and our guilds strong again. That day has never come and nor shall it happen again.
Of course, time lords that have been given consciousness by the most demoniac minds that run the game, those who would sell their souls for money still have control over the core. Thus time will not alter its shape, you could wait a long time since it's being reinforced by the masters of the continuum. It will not crumble thus it must be rooted out, by truth, that is the only way and this is my noble quest, I take back from whence I got lost, this time I will not be so naive.

We remember, some more equally than others. You do not see my town listed in Greypawn's response but if you were in AoD, you visited it many times to disrupt events...

One of the most fun times was trying to keep AoD guild out of our tower while we held the duels on the roof. No banning from buildings in those days and you could cast and hit us on the roof with ebolts and we could cast blade spirit from the roof. Do you remember?

Had you said that you were in the Merc's or the Pluggers, I'd have had a little more respect. I remember AoD dying just as much as we did along East Brit Road.
Yes we most likely did... I was completely berserk in those days, infuriated and quite lost.

You say we but you haven't mentioned the name of your guild ? I do clearly remember such a battle, but I cannot quite recall who we were fighting. The pluggers ?

You remember Christine and Flint... Do you remember Woody Fletcher of the Solace Warriors? You remember Grishnak... Do you remember Gaul? Maud'Dib? The Pluggers? Dayel Stormcrow? Azaroth, Heracles and Order? Ursin? House of the Black Moon? Sandman? Screwball? Sariss of BCK? Balrog? Akula of HBM?

I did not know Nick so I cannot help you but I do remember and I do value the memories....
I do remember Gaul and Maud'Dib (dune inspired? :D) The pluggers of course this was the time of real pvp and tournaments, like you said no house banning, no second chance if you got killed with your key in hand, noone had a real advantage over the others since EVERYONE lagged :hahaha:

Dayel was very fond of insulting me, and he got knighted for kicking our ass (FoA)... but our battle was more verbal than anything else, but when I saw him again in game his fame must have gotten to his head or something, he didn't even remember who I was. This only reinforces what I'm saying about how the morning bell was created.

Vague souvenirs about Azaroth, Heracles but not Order, I think I dueled Heracles many times, he was very good if I recall well.

I remember HBM, I was fascinated by some of those people you also mentioned, some I don't recall... Ursin is familiar. I remember looking into many of those guilds, the reason I joined AoD was because I was treated like a brother from the first moment, had they only once told me something that I would have found displeasing I would have treasoned them. Pretty much the other guild hated me on sight, they didn't think an AoD could roleplay or talk... so most of the time when I did they would act like complete jerks and start chasing me, not listening to a bit of what I had to say. This as you can imagine only served to further my taste for a clean virtual kill.

I didn't drop often ! Only the mercs, SSJ and the pluggers really gave me a good match when I encountered them. They were not only good, they had real friendship that made them stronger and I always admired that !

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah yes Sam I knew Fossergrim, although not personally, I appreciated very much his roleplaying and encountered him many times.

I am looking forward to walk once again on the atlantic shard, however my account was hacked, and the other account I played I traded and password was changed a long time ago. When I traded, I didn't get the right credidentials to make it my own, so I got pretty much completely scammed.

Now it's pretty clear to me why that person wanted to get my account... if I only knew. :)

Even with all the complaints I sent EA about my account, there is nothing that could be done they said, I left Sosaria a very frustrated man !

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You mentioned LLTS so I thought I'd direct you here.

http://www.llts.org/History.php?p=09EpicBattle

And took awhile to find it as I have many pictures...the original is dated March 20, 1999. I'm pretty sure this is AoD killing our guests' horses. I think you must be able to ban at this time because I'm still alive but I'm not sure. Surak'Nar, The Duke of Serpent's Hold and his brave men fought at the event I spoke of earlier and is in the building also.

I have no idea where I got this one but the original is dated September 20th, 1998.

Maybe someone else recognizes it?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes thats definately us... the deep purple sash was our color.

I am probably the mage with white hair to the left.

Ahh we didn't take enough pictures in those days ! And those who did always forgot to all names !

Awesome... and yeah that looks like an FoA ritual...

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah and yes I was there for those epic battles... let me tell you the only reason we all died is that 200 people with dragons makes LOTS of lag...

But thats where timelords in silence have lease...

They think they destroyed us, but lemme tell you it wasn't such a big deal as they make it... we were all laughing, and I tought that it was great that so many players rallied and tried to get us...

But it wasn't a fight, like I said they all came in and next time my computer loaded up a frame I was dead, so were we all pretty much, exept they were too sissy to attack our blue allies, and they went a little further away, resed some of us and gave us back our regs, and we got many of their members in the ensuing fight.

So boo Dragons for hyping this up, this wasn't one of the epic battles we had like when we attacked LLTS town, or when we confronted the pluggers. It was just one lame lag assisted GANK. They even used EQ to weaken us, they had it all planned and it was terribly wrong.

The guild had so many houses, it wasn't LLTS that brought our downfall, but the GMs who banned everyone but me.

That brings up the subject again, since I used and abused many bugs, why didn't they ban me. Why the curious stranger gave me many millions, an acount with many good characters and even a house in exchange for my account ? Who is Nick-of-Time ?

MollyAtlantic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Duke Surak'Nar is/was a good friend of mine. He was part of the Britannian War Council (BWC) which is the ancient name of my guild now. He was greatly supportive when I took over as Lady Paladin. Grimrick passed it on to me and a friend when he left. It went through a few morphs but it is now known as House Gauntlet. Our guild website has the history if you are interested. www.housegauntlet.com
I miss him. Every once in a while over the years he would send me a Q but I have not heard from him in several years now.
Greypawn, a good friend still has his hand in the preservation of history. He helped us with the Atlantic Mage Tower which has been passed to me to keep for the community. He also helped with the History thread we worked on to try and preserve the history when the new format was released.
I also hold Leiah's Rune Library and I am aware of who holds Serpents Cross Tavern and I have his word if he should leave he will contact me to protect that too. History is not lost it is being preserved all the time. I still own several houses in Rivendell as does Zymdragon who still logs on every few days to preserve his houses.

M

MR_CLEAN

What about the Regulators ?

Aye...I was one of the original...

Together with TideHawk, Silverthorne, Morgana LeFay, Lawthorne, El Stinko, and CouDrac.

Something tells me that you may remember MastaKilla? Or if you go back far enough...maybe Dr Deth, Brolly, or Autumner?

Perhaps you remember Scar, Lice?

Ton Loc? Grady? (Trinisc thieves?)

Or perhaps IBNShaun?

Status
Not open for further replies.