[Gardening] OFFICIAL Pub 55 Seed/Plant Investigation Thread - *** WARNING * SPOILERS ***

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Y

Yalp

you might be very right on the costs of using 40 fertile vs. 1 regular dirt... and the benefit of such.

My cypress tree jumped from day 5 to day 8
My cactus, snowdrops and small hedge jumped from day 5 to day 7
7 of 40 remaining plants *unknown type atm* jumped from day 5 to day 6

so 11 of 51 potted plants jumped on fertile dirt.. that's about 21% if my math is right?

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 16, 2004
Austin, TX
Does anyone know if the water lily comes with a blossom, and if so, what color the blossom is? In-game there is a pale yellow and a lavender...just curious since I've only had one snowdrops pop so far!

N

Ni-

Does anyone know if the water lily comes with a blossom, and if so, what color the blossom is? In-game there is a pale yellow and a lavender...just curious since I've only had one snowdrops pop so far!

From 4gregu

N

Ni-

We still seem to have 1-2 mystery plants...

1 - Cactus (4 barrel with pink flowers)
2 - Cat Tails
3 - Cypress (Tree)
4 - Foxglove
5 - Hedge (short)
6 - Hedge (tall)
7 - Hops
8 - Juniper Bush
9 - Orfluer
10 - Poppies (scattered)
11 - Snow Drops (scattered)
12 - Spider Tree
13 - Sugar Cane
14 - Water Lily
15 - ? (possible alternate Cypress Tree? I just saw a pic on the UHall post)
16 - ? (possible reversed Hops, since there has been so many reported from diff mobs?)

Alternate Cypress tree posted by LdyHawke from the UHall thread

Y

Yalp

where do the 2 cocoa trees fit into the chart? ... and i assume they are the "fragrant" seed type? Or has anyone had a fragrant pop as something on the list already?

has anyone posted a pix of spider tree yet?

N

Ni-

where do the 2 cocoa trees fit into the chart? ... and i assume they are the "fragrant" seed type? Or has anyone had a fragrant pop as something on the list already?
I believe the Fregrant seeds aren't part of the 'chart'. I believe they can come from any of the 12 mobs, so chartting them seems kind of pointless.

F

feath

I love that tree.
The dev's totally outdid themselves with these picks.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
k, my first real input:

From mummies I have scattered snowdrops and cyprus tree
I got hops from kappa and titan, so I was able to compare the two, mystery solved; Kappa on the left, titan on the right. Also from kappa, sugar kane.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Have all the hops plants been the same? If you look at InsideUO you will see that there are more than one hops plant. I see that the kappa's hops are turned different, but there are shorter hops also. Hopefully we will get the entire group.

My first house had the entire top floor set up as a sanctuary. I used white marble for the walls and then I had gnarled staffs set up to look like a trellis. The hops would have been the finishing touch. At the time all we had were vines, and although vines looked good, the hops mixed with flowers would look much better.

Y

Yalp

k, my first real input:

I got hops from kappa and titan, so I was able to compare the two, mystery solved; Kappa on the left, titan on the right. Also from kappa, sugar kane.
hey ya petra.. which cypress tree did you get from mummies/ with moss or without?

N

Ni-

k, my first real input:

Now the key question is... do the reversed Hops count as a separate plant?
We seem to have an alternate Cypress Tree. If so then we know of all of the plants. If not then there are still 1-2 different plants out there.

N

Ni-

Post #67 in this thread has a pic of the spider tree
thx Ni- although I'm not particularly impressed.. just me... does it look like the potted tree from several years past?
I guess it does look like it w/o the pot... my mind is a little fuzzy about that, it's been alooong time since I seen one of the potted veriety.

Y

Yalp

Now the key question is... do the reversed Hops count as a separate plant?
We seem to have an alternate Cypress Tree. If so then we know of all of the plants. If not then there are still 1-2 different plants out there.
righto.. 2 versions of hops, 2 versions of cypress trees.. on my chart I have 14 entries and then the 2 versions making 16 total.. none of which are the cocoa trees.. anyone got one of those yet?

actually 2 versions of hedges, hops and cypress trees .

E

Eslake

Ok folks it appears we have been mislead by the Devs on the whole grouping thing.

Based on the initial reports there appears to be a group of 3 monsters that yield each seed. HOWEVER!! Those same 3 monsters may not yield the same group of 4 seeds. In other words, the monster groups are different for each seed.

More data is needed but I caution everyone not to ASSUME that if monster A & B give seed #1 and monster A also gives seed #2 that monster B will also give seed #2.
It seems you are correct.

The way it was worded made it very clear that seeds themselves would be grouped, and each group would be found on several monsters(3).

Poor wording or implimentation error?

Because what we are seeing is that either the seeds are entirely random, or each seed is a group in itself. :(

F

Flora Green

I think overall it's a nice mix of plants. A few I expected (and others probably did as well), but the Cypress Trees are a big surprise. They will look great in a variety of deco settings. I plan to incorporate them into my Halloween design. :) I'm disappointed the grasses from the rubble were left out, but maybe next time if more plants are added. I would have loved to have the reeds, too.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
cocoa trees come from the fragrant seeds, not peculiar seeds, so they don't really count.

Having established that there are 2 types of hops and cypress trees my chart's hit a snag, because I don't know which creatures gave which type.

I have hops from Titan, juka mage tsuki wolf and kappa recorded. I know which way titan and kappa go, but not which direction juka mage and tsuki wolf hops go. I know plain cypress trees come from mummies, but which others give plain, and which creature did the mossy cypress tree come from?

N

Ni-

cocoa trees come from the fragrant seeds, not peculiar seeds, so they don't really count.

Having established that there are 2 types of hops and cypress trees my chart's hit a snag, because I don't know which creatures gave which type.

I have hops from Titan, juka mage tsuki wolf and kappa recorded. I know which way titan and kappa go, but not which direction juka mage and tsuki wolf hops go. I know plain cypress trees come from mummies, but which others give plain, and which creature did the mossy cypress tree come from?
Ok, first we need a concensus for the naming of the multiples.
- Hedges are easy, short and tall.
- Hops. One bows left like a "C" the other bows right like a "D". or like parenthesis "(" left paren, ")" right paren. Anyone got a good name for them?
- Cypress Tree. The Mossy one has all straight branches, the other has really warped or crooked branches. Just call them mossy and plain?

I think I have seen the Juka and Kappa Hops(bow right?) face the same direction...
I think I have seen the plain Cypress coming from Mummies and Ant Lions and the mossy Cypress tree coming from Kappa.

Y

Yalp

I have the same info on the hops that you do.. 4 critters.. Kappa Tsuki Juka Titan... only 2 detailed which direction (Kappa L) (Titan R)... unknown on the others... can the OP detail?

For the short hedge... I got mine off Ant Lion..
For the tall hedge... Kappa, Plaque Beast

For the Cypress tree.. I got mine (Mossy) from a Kappa... the plain one from ant lion and mummy

my current chart totals.... please compare with what you have....

Kappa - Cypress (moss), Hedge (T), Hops (L), Sugar Cane
Tsuki - Cactus, Orfleur, Hops (?)
Hiyru- Water Lilly
Dryad- Cactus
Juka - Cactus, Hops (?),
Serp Dragon - Snowdrop, Juniper Bush
Ant Lion - Cypress Tree (plain), Snowdrop, Hedge (S),
Plaque Beast- Hedge (T), Sugar Cane
Titan - Cactus, Orfleur, Hops (R), Foxglove, Cattails
Terathon - Cattails, Poppies, Spider Tree
Wisp - Cattails
Mummies- Cypress Tree (Plain), Snowdrop

**** please notice I have 5 different plants for Titans.... reported by individuals.. not confirmed by me******

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
I think when we come to try to place them against walls we're going to find that the hops are the ever persistent 'east' and 'south'.

And I think with messing around with mine on the roof I mixed them up, looking back at Eslake's screenies.

oki, comparing charts. I didn't know where the foxgloves came from, I'd only seen an unattributed picture.

I have 'poppies' from wisp.

Y

Yalp

Ok, first we need a concensus for the naming of the multiples.
- Hedges are easy, short and tall.
- Hops. One bows left like a "C" the other bows right like a "D". or like parenthesis "(" left paren, ")" right paren. Anyone got a good name for them?
- Cypress Tree. The Mossy one has all straight branches, the other has really warped or crooked branches. Just call them mossy and plain?

I think I have seen the Juka and Kappa Hops(bow right?) face the same direction...
I think I have seen the plain Cypress coming from Mummies and Ant Lions and the mossy Cypress tree coming from Kappa.
yeah.. for me.. I'm using S/T for hedges. short and tall
for hops.. L/R for left and right curves.. depending on which way the tip of the plant faces..
for Cypress Mossy/Plain..

Y

Yalp

I think when we come to try to place them against walls we're going to find that the hops are the ever persistent 'east' and 'south'.

And I think with messing around with mine on the roof I mixed them up, looking back at Eslake's screenies.
not certain about your cypress tree.. but mine was a nightmare to try to place on the floor... I foresee an exercise in frustration when it comes to deco...

N

Ni-

not certain about your cypress tree.. but mine was a nightmare to try to place on the floor... I foresee an exercise in frustration when it comes to deco...
place in box, then place box on tile you want, then chop...

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
You can use a trash barrel too (saves boards). I use a trash barrel to place items under arches, for example. Just place the item in the barrel and then chop it.

Y

Yalp

You can use a trash barrel too (saves boards). I use a trash barrel to place items under arches, for example. Just place the item in the barrel and then chop it.
um.. really? I don't want to act like i fell off the turnip truck.. but maybe I did..does this not destroy the tree too? I thought I read a thread not long ago about some scam re: crimmy's and boxes and chopping.. and loosing said crimmy? I will have to check it out with some other not as valuable plant.. thx for the tip.. I think... :blushing:

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
um.. really? I don't want to act like i fell off the turnip truck.. but maybe I did..does this not destroy the tree too? I thought I read a thread not long ago about some scam re: crimmy's and boxes and chopping.. and loosing said crimmy? I will have to check it out with some other not as valuable plant.. thx for the tip.. I think... :blushing:
Absolutely. Try it with an item that you don't care about losing first. I've been using this method for years w/o any problems.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Chopping a box when it's in your back pack lets the contents fall at your feet, leaving them available for someone to pick up if you're not at home, or not alone. chopping a box that's on the floor simply leaves the contents where the box was.

T

tiggertessa2007

We still seem to have 1-2 mystery plants...

1 - Cactus (4 barrel with pink flowers)
2 - Cat Tails
3 - Cypress (Tree)
4 - Foxglove
5 - Hedge (short)
6 - Hedge (tall)
7 - Hops
8 - Juniper Bush
9 - Orfluer
10 - Poppies (scattered)
11 - Snow Drops (scattered)
12 - Spider Tree
13 - Sugar Cane
14 - Water Lily
15 - ? (possible alternate Cypress Tree? I just saw a pic on the UHall post)
16 - ? (possible reversed Hops, since there has been so many reported from diff mobs?)

Alternate Cypress tree posted by LdyHawke from the UHall thread

so does that complete the list *sighs* no flax :( but atleast we got the lillys!!!

E

Eslake

For the accuracy of the list being constructed, here are my plants for the day.

Terathan Warriors : (2)Cat Tails, Spider Tree, Poppies.
Tsuki Wolves : Hops (.
Juka Mages : Hops ).
Titans : Hops (, 4barrel Cactus.
Kappa : Sugar Cane

I hunted each type of creature individually, planting the seeds before going out to hunt the next. Kappa/Tsuki were the exception, I put Kappa seeds in a pouch and left Tsuki seeds in my main pack.
So mixups shouldn't be an issue, but being part human, I'm always subject to some posability for errors. ;)

Y

Yalp

I am not certain the list is complete.. I think we need more time .. by the end of the week I'd say we could be pretty sure.... maybe... hee..

and thx for the tipster there guys on the box.. I'll give it a try.. and post wonderful praises when it works! :hug:

Y

Yalp

For the accuracy of the list being constructed, here are my plants for the day.

Terathan Warriors : (2)Cat Tails, Spider Tree, Poppies.
Tsuki Wolves : Hops (.
Juka Mages : Hops ).
Titans : Hops (, 4barrel Cactus.
Kappa : Sugar Cane

I hunted each type of creature individually, planting the seeds before going out to hunt the next. Kappa/Tsuki were the exception, I put Kappa seeds in a pouch and left Tsuki seeds in my main pack.
So mixups shouldn't be an issue, but being part human, I'm always subject to some posability for errors. ;)
thx Eslake.. you cleared up the hops issue for me.. so far... until someone grows the other direction.. hee....

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
Chesapeake
I have the same info on the hops that you do.. 4 critters.. Kappa Tsuki Juka Titan... only 2 detailed which direction (Kappa L) (Titan R)... unknown on the others... can the OP detail?
The hops in my pic here is from a Juka Mage:

S

Strawberry

Cactus - dryad (Yalp), titans (Eslake), tsuki wolf (Eslake)
Cattails - wisp (Christy1221), terathan warriors (Eslake), titan (Zym Dragon)
Foxglove - titan (Infiniti)
Hedge, tall - kappa (4gregu, Frarc), plague beast (Zym Dragon)
Hedge, short - ant lion (Umfufu, Yalp, Eslake)
Juniper Bush - serpentine dragon (Juicy Fruit)
Lily Pad - hiryu (4gregu)
Orfluer - titan (Infiniti, Christy1221), tsuki wolf (Nusair)
Poppies - wisp (4gregu), terathan warriors (Eslake)
Snowdrops - ant lion (Minerva Foxglove, Crysta, Hyssmaye), serpentine dragon (Umfufu, Yalp, Christy1221), mummy (Petra Fyde)
Spider Tree - terathan warriors (Eslake)
Sugar Canes - plague beast (Crysta), kappa (Eslake, Frarc, Petra Fyde)

Cypress Tree, mossy - kappa (Yalp)
Cypress Tree, plain - ant lion (LdyHawke), mummy (Petra Fyde)
Hops (unspecified direction) - tsuki wolf (Juicy Fruit, Nusair), titan (Infiniti), kappa (Frarc)
Hops (right) - titans (Petra Fyde), tsuki wolf (Eslake), kappa (Frarc)
Hops (left) - juka mage (4gregu, Eslake), kappa (Petra Fyde)

The version of cypress/hops is mostly from the pictures they posted. Sorry if I accidentally misunderstood someone's post or included a compiler rather than an original poster. The list is compiled from:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=101613
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=101418
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=100741

Y

Yalp

Cactus - dryad (Yalp), titans (Eslake), tsuki wolves (Eslake)
Hedge, tall - kappa (4gregu, Frarc), plague beast (Zym Dragon, Feath)
Hedge, short - ant lion (Umfufu, Yalp, Eslake), serpentine dragon (Eslake)
Juniper Bush - serpentine dragon (Juicy Fruit, Feath)
Lily Pad - hiryu (4gregu)
Orfluer - titan (Infiniti, Christy1221)
Poppies - wisp (4gregu), terathan warriors (Eslake)
Snowdrops - ant lion (Minerva Foxglove, Crysta, Feath, Hyssmaye), serpentine dragon (Umfufu, Yalp, Christy1221, Feath), mummy (Petra Fyde)
Spider Tree - terathan warriors (Eslake)
Sugar Canes - plague beast (Crysta), kappa (Eslake, Frarc, Petra Fyde)

Cypress Tree, mossy - kappa (Yalp)
Cypress Tree, plain - ant lion (LdyHawke), mummy (Petra Fyde)
Hops (unspecified direction) - tsuki wolf (Juicy Fruit), titan (Infiniti), kappa (Frarc)
Hops (left) - juka mage (4gregu), kappa (Petra Fyde)
Hops (right) - titans (Eslake, Petra Fyde), tsuki wolf (Eslake), juka mage (Eslake), kappa (Frarc)

The version of cypress/hops is mostly from the pictures they posted. Sorry if I accidentally misunderstood someone's post or included a compiler rather than an original poster. The list is compiled from:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=101613
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=101418
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=100741
Petra has cactus from juka

Y

Yalp

strawberry's chart shows ... Great Job BTW!

1) hops in both directions on Kappa...
2) I have Orfleur on Tsuki checked.. although I don't know who posted (i didn't grow it)

*** i just rechecked the various threads.can't find the gardener who got Orfleur from Tsuki.. so I could be wrong there .. buyer beware******

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
NuSair posted that, #78. I have it on my chart too.

E

Eslake

Cactus - dryad (Yalp), titans (Eslake), tsuki wolves (Eslake)
Hedge, tall - kappa (4gregu, Frarc), plague beast (Zym Dragon, Feath)
Hedge, short - ant lion (Umfufu, Yalp, Eslake), serpentine dragon (Eslake)
You'll want to redo mine. :)
The 4 "Group" posts I made earlier were an attempt to build them from both my own, and those listed by others.

The text-only post a few above this one of yours is my actual plants-sources from my own blooms.
(eg, all of my short hedges so far are from Ant Lions, none of my Serpentine Dragon seeds have matured)

This is like getting a lot of hints on Christmas eve, but not actually knowing for sure and having to wait all night. :p
I have about 140 plants at [6] right now, taunting me. 12 hours and counting....

F

feath

anything in my post is from other people, none of my plants have popped yet.
i've given up keeping track, and am going to let all you smart people figure it out. I'll just eat popcorn and wait for the final result.

:popcorn:

S

Strawberry

Thanks for the corrections, I've updated my post :)

Petra has cactus from juka
I tried to make the list from original posts, with attributions (though I accidentally included some compilations, which I think I've removed now). If someone accidentally reversed two seeds, it will be easier to track down that way. Also, the more people who report the same seed on the same monster the more certain we can be. Snow drops on ant lions look pretty certain now.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
After messing around with my chart, I think I may have had a bad seed in my titan bag. With all of the other data gathered, that was the only one that didn't make sense. Here is how I see the groupings. Red x's are unreported.