• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] OFFICIAL Pub 55 Seed/Plant Investigation Thread - *** WARNING * SPOILERS ***

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Everyone!

Publish 55 is coming in a few hours, and along with it, new seeds/plants! I'd like to keep as much initial investigation info as possible about the new seeds & plants in a single thread, so, please post your discoveries here (which monster's seeds produced which plants, pictures of your plants in either client (or both!), etc.)

I will be updating the Gardening FAQ as we confirm details about the new seeds & plants.

Happy Hunting/Growing! :)

G

Gwenyth

I hunted strictly hiryus this morning. I ended up with 13 peculiar seeds and 3 fragrants seeds as well as a dozen bonsai seeds that I left laying on the ground. I just finished planting my new seeds and will update this post with pictures when they have grown.

*Edit*
My plants popped from the hiryus....4 spider trees, 3 water lillies, 2 cattails and 4 poppies. :)
I was gonna add pictures, but everyone else seems to have beat me to it.

F

feath

regular dirt for all of them
titan's only today; sep 10; 10 peculiar and 1 fragrant.
wisps, sep 11; 10 peculiar, 4 fragrant
ant lions, sep 11; 14 peculiar, 0 fragrant
kappa; sep 13; 4 peculiar, 2 fragrant (slow spawn)
wolf; sep 13; 9 peculiar, 1 fragrant

will edit this post rather than add to thread.

note; ant lion seeds take a lot of water.

antlions; snowdrops, juniper bush, short hedge, plain cypress tree

titan; foxglove, orfluer, hops (, cactus

wisps; poppies, cattails, spider, water lily

L

LadyStealheart

In the past hour and a half that I've been playing between class... I've managed to obtain 3 Fragrant seeds, as well as 26 Peculiar seeds. I'll be sure to post the results when I recieve them

R

RenaLynne

Okay...am I missing something? I hunted Antlions last night for at least and hour and a half. Got about 250 in fertile dirt if that tells you anything and did not get one seed.:sad4:

R

RavenWinterHawk

Okay...am I missing something? I hunted Antlions last night for at least and hour and a half. Got about 250 in fertile dirt if that tells you anything and did not get one seed.:sad4:
Unless you were on Origin, it didnt start until this AM on the rest of the shards.

20 minutes ant lions on atlantic. 10 peculiar seeds. I see there wont be any rarity.

Sadly, the event will be done in 15 days when the glut hits.

Unless we think there is some rarity to which plants grow. That might be fun.

G

Gwenyth

I went to play in the wisp dungeon for just a little bit and got 26 peculiar seeds and only 1 fragrant. I'll add pictures when they sprout :D

*EDIT*
Plants from the wisps popped too....I can definitely confirm wisps and hiryus are in the same group as my room is full of cattails, spider trees, water lilies and poppies. *sigh*

F

Flora Green

Lord Drakelord gave me some seeds from Titans. I managed to collect several seeds myself from Kappas and Mummies. I have 6-7 fragrant seeds and about 25-26 peculiar. All sorted in their own areas with labels. My connection is slow, but I'm going to farm some Terathans and Tsuki Wolves later. Despite the lag, with the right weps and HP regeneration, I should be able to kill both of those pretty fast. Not sure what else that leaves that's easy. Wisps maybe? Oh, I got seeds off of all the mummies I killed except 3. Pretty good ratio. Same with Kappas.

D

debsmad

I spent about 15 minutes killing kappas just now, got a seed on nearly every kill. Excellent drop ratio. I ended up with 21 peculiar, and 1 fragrant. Have them planted in regular dirt.

Hoping to do more hunting/gathering tonight. :)

E

Eslake

I've spent most of the past 10 hours hunting seeds on with my GD.

I only killed 3 each of Dryads and Serpentine Dragons (no point losing karma when the seeds will be on other monsters too).

All of the others except for Plague Beasts had a sound 40-50% drop rate for Peculiar seeds, and a much lower (5-10%) rate for Fragrant. (IMO a good rate, since we will be able to grow our own fragrant seeds)

Plague Beasts were a different story though. I ended up killing over 70 to get 10 peculiar seeds from them, and got more than 20 fragrant in the process.

Now with a tiny bit of luck... all that fertile dirt will get some early blooms. :)

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hunted strictly hiryus this morning.
Question of where the hiryus spawn best? (besides the champ spawn that is)

re: seeds, kappas seem to love them *lol* - quickly got about 20 seeds (including 4 fragrant) this morning. Wisps, titans, antlions also seemed not too bad - perception is about a 50/50 shot of getting the seeds.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent a good deal of time killing t-wolves in tukono, totaled maybe 16 in the course of my playtime, went 50/50 between the 2 seeds types....wondering, is there just the 2?? peculiar and fragrant??

C

Coppelia

Got 3 peculiar from kappas, planted in fertile dirt.
Go 1 fragrant from hyriu, planted in regular dirt (we know what it gives).

Also planted a few bonzais, just for the fun :p

D

DHMagicMan_1

I spent a good deal of time killing t-wolves in tukono, totaled maybe 16 in the course of my playtime, went 50/50 between the 2 seeds types....wondering, is there just the 2?? peculiar and fragrant??
Fragrant is always Cocoa Trees. 100% of the time and it can drop from any of the mobs that drop Peculiar seeds... which is like 12 mobs or something like that.

The Peculiar seeds are devided into like 3 or 4 groups so any given mob can drop about 1/3 or 1/4 of the possible 16 new plants... plus they can all drop the Cocoa tree...

I think I got that all close.

A

Amathist of PoC

Well I took myself to deceit and bashed on some mummies for about 10min I got 7 peculiar seeds and 2 fragrant.

I have 5 peculiar and 1 fragrant panted in fertile dirt.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did wisps for maybe an hour and got 45 peculiar's and 5 fragrants.

E

Evilminion

Played for less than two hours earlier and got ten peculiar seeds each from kappas, tsuki wolves, mummies, wisps, juka mages, and ant lions, plus 11 fragrant seeds.

Can't wait to see what they all turn in to!

E

Eslake

*wipes sweat from his brow and tosses a few ribs to his beetle*

I think that is enough for today. :p

Is everyone else dreading having to fill kegs to tend over 300 plants at a time for the next 2 weeks?
Specially with using 2 GStrength a day so the fertile dirt has a better chance of giving early blooms.

Oh, a tip for those who use UOA to fill kegs..
uoassist
-- login folder
--- shard folder
---- character folders

Until tug patches UOA to catch up to pub 55, just copy your character folders from the shard folders up to the server folder.
It's a bandaid fix, but it will let you use youre 200x make-last macro to fill kegs. ;)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is everyone else dreading having to fill kegs to tend over 300 plants at a time for the next 2 weeks?
Specially with using 2 GStrength a day so the fertile dirt has a better chance of giving early blooms.

Pretty good goldsink if you ask me! Our LRC suits won't help us here ;)

C

Coppelia

Because it's known fact that gardeners need a gold sink. Greedy plant huggers!

R

RavenWinterHawk

Because it's known fact that gardeners need a gold sink. Greedy plant huggers!
Im just a little concerned over the ease of seeds.
Im not saying rare rare rare 1 in 1000.
But after 10 days. Whats going to happen.

Might have been nice to make it like 1 in 20 kills or something.

I just have this feeling 2 weeks after the first plant is ready for deco, the growing is done.

Kind of lame.

I hope Im wrong.

23 peculiars 4 fragrant in 25 minutes at Kappa Lake.

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Phew... getting seeds from terathans isn´t the most easy thing. The seeds only dropped (at least for me) from terathan warriors, and maybe every 3rd or 4th warrior carried a seed.
So far I got seeds from:
- terathan warriors
- dryads
- titans
- serpentine dragons
- wisps
- juka mages
- ant lions
I´m soo excited to see what plants wich seeds will become! :)

F

feath

I just have this feeling 2 weeks after the first plant is ready for deco, the growing is done.

Kind of lame.

I hope Im wrong.

23 peculiars 4 fragrant in 25 minutes at Kappa Lake.
since the only way to get the seeds is via monsters, i wouldn't want them hard to get. it's still slightly less chance than the old seeds via bog/things which are 100%.

G

Gwenyth

I hunt in the hiryu forest located here. I stay west of that little black roofed building and no further south than the ruins where the kaze spawn. Only one hiryu spawns at a time, which is good because you sometimes get those pesky elite ninjas pop up and there are also the kaze to deal with if you don't drag them away to the north.

Armed4Fun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can u get like 15-18, however many plants there are, seeds from one creature to get them all or does eeach different creature give certain plants? thanks

F

Flora Green

That's what we are trying to figure out, Armed4Fun. At least I am.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i got 40 planted in firtile dirt at me keep, so far 10 are at stage 3 so we will see...

Armed4Fun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahh, thanks Flora. I just planted 14 peculiar and 6 fragrant i got from an ant lion. i only had 137 fertile dirt so 4 of the fragrant are in the fertile. i guess even if each monster gives 1-2 types 10 each wont be bad if they are good lookin.

E

Eslake

can u get like 15-18, however many plants there are, seeds from one creature to get them all or does eeach different creature give certain plants? thanks
There are Groups of seeds and monsters.

If a Kappa drops a seed from Group B, it will never drops seeds from Group A, C, or D.

Each of the 4 Groups have 3 monsters that drop them, and 4 seeds in each group.

Some Origin plants should start blooming in a couple more days, so if the gardeners there kept careful track of where they got their seeds, we should know then what monsters carry each type of seed.

(Fragrant seeds, though, are on all of them. No group to them)

D

debsmad

Well poo...I had wondered (suspected) that different monsters might drop different seeds, like harder monsters have more 'rare' seeds, but I kinda held onto hope that there might be a chance to get each kind off one monster. Totally understandable though, or everyone would slaughter kappas all day long. lol

And what really sucks is that I will be gone several days late next week so I won't even get to know what's what until I get back! *cries*

T

Tovladian Soltyr

based on what they said in the F4F the seeds drop in group classes. Well here's the quote from the F4F...

Are you saying I only have 1 chance out of 16 of getting the seed I need?

"Not quite, but each time will indeed be a dice roll. There are 12 different monsters that will spawn the seeds. The plants and monsters have been divided into 4 groups: Monster Group A, B, C and D each count 3 monsters, then we have Plant Group 1 to Plant Group 4 that each contains 4 new plants. All 12 monsters will spawn fragrant seeds, but monsters of Group A will also spawn the peculiar seeds from Plant Group 1, while monsters of Group B will also spawn the peculiar seeds from Plant Group 2 and so on. So basically, when hunting monsters from Group A, you have 1 chance out of 5 of getting a specific plant from Group 1. Ditto for any Monster Group and their matching Plant Group. Note that you will never get a Group 1 seed from a Group B monster, etc."

So the way that breaks down to me is....

Group A = 3 Monsters = 4 Plant Types
Group B = 3 Monsters = 4 Plant Types
Group C = 3 Monsters = 4 Plant Types
Group D = 3 Monsters = 4 Plant Types

So I'm going to guess our mission at this point is to figure out which plants are in which monster groups as well as figuring out which monster is in which group lol. So eventually the chart will look like soo....

Group A = Monster 1, Monster 2, Monster 3
Plants Dropped in A = Plant 1, Plant 2, Plant 3, Plant 4

Group B = Monster 4, Monster 5, Monster 6
Plants Dropped in B = Plant 5, Plant 6, Plant 7, Plant 8

Group C = Monster 7, Monster 8, Monster 9
Plants Dropped in C = Plant 9, Plant 10, Plant 11, Plant 12

Group D = Monster 10, Monster 11, Monster 12
Plants Dropped in D = Plant 13, Plant 14, Plant 15, Plant 16

At least that's the way I'm reading it, so far I can personally confirm seeds dropping off the following creatures....Along with the creature hint I think they are....

Hiyru = Tokuno Bipedal
Kappas = Tokuno Bipedal
???? = Tokuno Bipedal
Ant Lion = Bug-Type
Terathian Warrior = Aracnid
Titan = Despise (Among other places)
???? = Swamp Creature
Serpentine Dragon = Karma Sensative Creature Ilshenar
Dryad = Twisted Weald
Juka Mage = Humaniod Caster
Mummy = Undead
Wisp = Compact Size Creature

The ????'s are the creatures I haven't found yet.

Ok after reading down through the rest of the post I went and killed a few Serpentine Dragons and realized that those may be the Karma sensative creatures instead of the Wisp and the Wisp may be the compact size.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and tonite a buddy said she got one off of a Dark Father :D yikes

D

debsmad

Spent some time killing ant lions this evening. The drop rate from them is much slower than kappas. I'm hoping ant lions are not in the same 'group' as kappas or I'll now have over 60 of the same few plants. hehe

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiyru = Tokuno Bipedal
Kappas = Tokuno Bipedal
???? = Tokuno Bipedal
Ant Lion = Bug-Type
Terathian Warrior = Aracnid
Titan = Despise (Among other places)
???? = Swamp Creature
Serpentine Dragon = Karma Sensative Creature Ilshenar
Dryad = Twisted Weald
Juka Mage = Humaniod Caster
Mummy = Undead
Wisp = Compact Size Creature

The ????'s are the creatures I haven't found yet.

Tsuki Wulfs are the 3rd Tokuno and Plague Beast is the Swamp creature.

F

feath

to help those who are trying to find the monster types, they were discovered a while ago. here's the list.

Dryad
Titan
Kappa
Tsuki Wolf
Hiryu
Plague Beast
Antlion
Serpentine Dragon
Terathon
Wisp
mummy
Juka Mage

we're at the stage of figuring out which monster goes into what group. We'll have that info once the seeds sprout, and peeps start recording what plants came from what monsters.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Yeah I've got marked containers for each creature now and placing seeds only from the creatures they drop off in the containers to be sure what creatures give what plants.

E

Eslake

I considered labeling bags to keep in my pack/bank/beetle but I remember how tragically that turned out with the original plants when ferns grew. (a real pain uncovering all of the plants in each bag)

So I just set them up in 4high columns in rows downstairs, and short rows (to avoid too much overlapping) upstairs with books at the end of each row to indicate their source.

Kind of like a stick at the end of a vegetable row with the seed pack on it to remind you which type of plant it is. :)

D

DHMagicMan_1

I considered labeling bags to keep in my pack/bank/beetle but I remember how tragically that turned out with the original plants when ferns grew. (a real pain uncovering all of the plants in each bag)

So I just set them up in 4high columns in rows downstairs, and short rows (to avoid too much overlapping) upstairs with books at the end of each row to indicate their source.

Kind of like a stick at the end of a vegetable row with the seed pack on it to remind you which type of plant it is. :)

That looks cool. As long as you never miss a day logging in to care for them. My GF sometimes says "You are how old???" when I want to log in and garden. :("

How long does it take you to care for all those? Right now I back pack garden on two chars with beetles so I can have roughly up to 400 plants growing, though I think it's closer to 250 or 300 at the moment.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

My roof is covered with small tables with plants on them. I have a book marked for each creature that I removed the seeds from. What I do is dye the tables to correspond with the color of table the book is on. Small tables can be dyed while they are locked down, so if you put a bunch of seeds down for a different creature you can just re-dye the tables to keep track.

I will post a ss when I get home if anyone wants to see how I am doing it. I also have labeled containers to put the plants in when I am done.

Kind of lame.

I hope Im wrong.
I can see adjusting the drop rate on some of the creatures, but some of the creatures are already plenty hard enough to deal with. I think the Juka mages and definitely the Serp Dragons should be left alone. Both you have to deal with para's, and unless you have a large party that can get the champ spawn far enough for the Serps, you only have one place to get those and it seems to be pretty well camped. I went to Serpentine passage night before last only to find a paragon Serpentine Dragon. The only dragon there and it was a dang paragon. :sad4: The terathan's were a little tuff to get as well. As long as these three aren't all together in the same group, then there should be an easier creature to get seeds off of.

Mummies, plague beasts, ant lions, and wisps have all been really easy to get. I haven't gone to Tokuno yet, but it sounds like those are pretty easy as well. So maybe if the creatures turn out to be separated into groups that have at least one easily farmed beast the drop rates should be looked at.

I was under the impression that only the cocoa tree (and assuming there is something that gives sugar) would give resources. If that is the case we will need to constantly raise plants in order to supply the different hedges, etc. I understood it that they would not be producing seeds. Maybe, if we're lucky, we can get some clarification on this. Otherwise I guess we will just wait and find out.

P.S.- Want to know about the bottomless water pitcher? Send me a p.m.

:danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

R

RenaLynne

That looks cool. As long as you never miss a day logging in to care for them. My GF sometimes says "You are how old???" when I want to log in and garden. :("

How long does it take you to care for all those? Right now I back pack garden on two chars with beetles so I can have roughly up to 400 plants growing, though I think it's closer to 250 or 300 at the moment.
Holy ....

E

Eslake

Not long really.
With my little snake plant crop (bottom left in the pic) and a few specific plants I'm growing for a maze in a few weeks (on the right) I have a little over 350 plants.

Filling kegs takes about 30-40 minutes. Tending them takes about an hour and a half, mostly because I do it in 2 passes.
1 pass to Cure/Poison any afflicted plants and water them.
1 pass to add 2GS and 1GH to them all (2 GH if they have afflictions).
*makes it nearly impossible to miss a plant, since it would have to be missed twice*

Just a little tip for anyone with a large garden they find tedious to tend... try audio books. I'm on "Pillars of Creation" right now (Terry Goodkind rules!), and it seems like I start watering a plant and finish the last one in just a few minutes.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a problem watering alot of plants . It makes me run to the bathroom often ! ;)

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
Hi Everyone!

Publish 55 is coming in a few hours, and along with it, new seeds/plants! I'd like to keep as much initial investigation info as possible about the new seeds & plants in a single thread, so, please post your discoveries here (which monster's seeds produced which plants, pictures of your plants in either client (or both!), etc.)

I will be updating the Gardening FAQ as we confirm details about the new seeds & plants.

Happy Hunting/Growing! :)
I am going seed crazy ! Over 150 plants total from all the creatures that drop them. Not only have I been a planting fool I have been a killing fool.

Exciting stuff to see what they produce.

F

Flora Green

Kyrie,

Someone in U.Hall posted info from Inside UO. Sugar Cane was mentioned in the notes. SO, maybe they are adding a cane plant in the near future to go with the cocoa? OR maybe they are adding the plant now and will make it a resource producer later on. Jeremy said the statement that the new plants (cocoa tree aside) won't produce resources AT THIS TIME is deliberate. Guess we'll have to wait and see what she means.

F

feath

Now, if chocolate had any impact on the game, I would be dancing down the hall way.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 pass to add 2GS and 1GH to them all (2 GH if they have afflictions).

Just a little tip for anyone with a large garden they find tedious to tend... try audio books. I'm on "Pillars of Creation" right now (Terry Goodkind rules!), and it seems like I start watering a plant and finish the last one in just a few minutes.
It has been a long time since I have grown plants, I knew about the GS, but not the GH, so they need a dose of that each day as well?

That is such a great series of Books, one of those types you want to read over and over again!

D

debsmad

I knew about the GS, but not the GH, so they need a dose of that each day as well?
I used to do GS and GH everyday back in my 'really into it' gardening/playing days. Now I just use whatever is needed at the time and they don't seem any worse off than before, as long as I don't miss a day of tending them. I don't remember what the perks of daily GS/GH are....?