• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oct 23 Five on Friday Faction Question

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to throw my hat in here and say:

DO NOT change the number of factions.. If anything, add another! Shouldn't Ter Mur get their own faction?

Also, Can the gargoyles get some friggin faction items please??!
Why should gargoyles get a faction? Their butt buddies with TB in the lore aren't they? I don't care if they add more factions, but absolutely not in another land.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not think Sigils are anything like capture the flag at all, except, they're used to control a town.

Sigils are more like doom artifacts with shorter timers. I never made a Doom thief because to me it's just to boring to wait days on end at a chance at something I might not ever get.

I went to my Stronghold yesterday, walked around, checked out my faction stone to see who had control of what cities, waited around, waited alittle more, then I decided to check out the other bases, no one was around. So, I decided to go kill some daemons at daemon temple. Loaded 10k silver and I was even carrying things that I could lose, just to reward those who wished to kill me. Nothing happened. I saw one guy in all of Fel, as I was out running around, who just continued off screen, not even a Hello.

So, in my opinion Sigs suck unless your into Doom artifacts. I imagine if I had a thief, I could of taken the little stones but I really don't see the point.

With capture the flag, once you step into the area, everyone is alerted and in a few seconds everyone who is online and wishes to defend or attack is there. As soon as you step onto the territory, their flag starts to drop, similar to BattleField. Once your flag is raised you control that Stronghold. This is continuious, you don't have to wait, all you have to do is step into their territory.

With Sigs, you have to wait a few hours or something like that, so basically you spend alot of time doing nothing. Why would I play a game to do nothing? I'll go to my faction hold again tonight and look for some people to PvP with but my guess is if I find someone, i'll probably die and then have to go sit out for 20 minutes, maybe have time for one more death because 40 minutes is my boredom level. So, really, can someone show me the fun.
Name the faction guilds/shards you've been in. Approximately how many tiimes you've raided every base or defended every base and then tell me you have enough experience to tell me how boring it is to raid or defend against an active faction..

Your capture the flag idea is a mini game. Factions is a fight for a bit more long term rewards. At least it should be. The winner of this capture the flag bit would be who ever had more people on at any given time. If you have the sigil system in place if you get more of a window to get some guildies/allies on to raid/defend.

Sigils don't suck if you're a thief. Some of the best and most dedicated players are the thieves especially the ones that have been here over the years. Arty stealing is stupid ill give you that but I dont know why you comparing it to factions. They are nothing a like. None of us pay to do nothing. That is why there is a bit more content outside of the factions. Spawns, Peerless, Doom, crafting, etc... theres quite a bit out there other than factions.. Some of us choose to mainly focus on the factions..,. its obvious you don't.. thats all good. But we should change our system so u have a new system to play with. Thats bull..

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stat sucks, but it is perfectly fine at 20 minutes, no need to change that at all.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the folks who want more folks to fight in factions?? Post here please...I bet there are quite a few of yall. The funny thing is that alot of folks avoid factions primarily because of stat loss. I personally dont care about the 20 min timer. It works unless you are constantly figthing 1v3-5 people. It makes it hard to do much of anything other than run. Eventually though they get that dismounter around. So as it stands now I just stay out of factions because of it.

Now I could go and join SL or MX. Join up with one of the two main factions on my shard, but why? I am not involved with the two main guilds and IMO I would rather kill them that fight with them.

I am tossing out an idea to get more people involved with factions. Reducing stat would get more people involved. When I am hit with stat, alot of the time I go place char at Luna til stat is done and go do something else. Might come back in 20 mins, might be 2 hours depending what I decide too do. In 10 minutes I wait the 2 or 3 to unflag, go get a rez, Re equip, and Chill out for the other 5 mins..

I guess I can try and justify it all day, but you folks who apparently do not want more people in factions will continue to dispute it. I only toss out because I know it will increase the amount of people doing factions. On Sonoma alone I can guarantee that COM would become more active with a change to the stat loss time. I personally know 4 people who do not have chars in factoins for the main reason of stat loss. We like the color ornage (reason we have large scale guild wars going on atm) but folks do not like the 20 min stat loss. So Ill let this post be last about it unless someone can actually start a civilized debate on it. Not just say "No" and justify why it should not be changed.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the folks who want more folks to fight in factions?? Post here please...I bet there are quite a few of yall. The funny thing is that alot of folks avoid factions primarily because of stat loss. I personally dont care about the 20 min timer. It works unless you are constantly figthing 1v3-5 people. It makes it hard to do much of anything other than run. Eventually though they get that dismounter around. So as it stands now I just stay out of factions because of it.

Now I could go and join SL or MX. Join up with one of the two main factions on my shard, but why? I am not involved with the two main guilds and IMO I would rather kill them that fight with them.

I am tossing out an idea to get more people involved with factions. Reducing stat would get more people involved. When I am hit with stat, alot of the time I go place char at Luna til stat is done and go do something else. Might come back in 20 mins, might be 2 hours depending what I decide too do. In 10 minutes I wait the 2 or 3 to unflag, go get a rez, Re equip, and Chill out for the other 5 mins..

I guess I can try and justify it all day, but you folks who apparently do not want more people in factions will continue to dispute it. I only toss out because I know it will increase the amount of people doing factions. On Sonoma alone I can guarantee that COM would become more active with a change to the stat loss time. I personally know 4 people who do not have chars in factoins for the main reason of stat loss. We like the color ornage (reason we have large scale guild wars going on atm) but folks do not like the 20 min stat loss. So Ill let this post be last about it unless someone can actually start a civilized debate on it. Not just say "No" and justify why it should not be changed.
1st of all. You're not the first person to throw the idea of lowering the stat cap. In fact.. your probably the 49059895439058th person to do so. So its not like we are all like 'they look at this new ****** on the forums posting about how factions should be, even though he never plays them and doesn't know his ass from his elbow when it comes to how the factions work'. Its not like that at all. The bottom line is the 20 minute stat loss is a necessity for smaller guilds to have a fighting chance against the bigger alliances which is undoubtedly the most important thing at this day in factions since the genius Devs removed the faction balance system. 20 minutes isn't long and it isn't short. Its enough time to have everyone regroup, re-equip and get back into the fight.

Grow up, just because we disagree with you doesn't mean we don't want more people in factions. You think lowering the stat loss would help, some don't. It's called a disagreement. So lets all put our maturity caps on and just throw out some facts to help support our ideas and not just 'I think, I think, I think'. When you know something come back and talk. Seeing that you don't play factions,, Its safe to say you dont know much about ****. Other than your friends said they would play if they didnt have any risk of going into stat.

A faction with short stat loss would be like your huge zerg spawn fights. Endless and repetitive fielding that will just wear people out faster. The factions is a battle of endurance. Both fighting and preparing for fights. The factions are the way they are and it works just fine for the most part (the devs just need to undo everything they did in the last year and fix the exploits, bugs and broken features). The people who have played the factions a long time know how it is when you get those great faction days. Where it is endless fighting with short breaks here and there.. with people dying here and there,, leaving and showing up again 20 -30 minutes later, dealing with the thieves and trap removers and then going back into a huge fight. And when I say the people who have been around for a while, i mean the people who were around before the bull **** chain of patches/changes/breaks we got in the last year or so.. Since they remove the cap balancer the factions have been just a mess.

Thieves is another reason. Having to deal with 1 or 2 really good thieves is a real pain in the ass when it comes to ninjitsu smoke bombs, shadow jump, and animal form. If they could come back every 10 minutes most people wouldn't even bother sticking around to guard the sigils.

I'm sure a lot more people would join if there was less stat loss, but you have to draw a line to what features u r willing to see go when it comes to getting more people. I don't care what anyone says the 20 minute timer is nothing as long as your in the right guild, that provides the right atmosphere. I love being in the vent with the big zerg guilds who are used to spawning and fighting non stop and when they join the factions they just **** the bed and cry about dying all the time. Its hilarious, to be honest, I don't care to have them in the factions. Its a different animal.. you have to fight and raid more conservatively sometimes. Some kids just can't do it. Guilds that are mainly faction guilds are different... death isn't all that bad.. you just do what you can to help while ur in stat.

And btw.. welcome to the faction boards.. I can tell you haven't been around here much..

:thumbup1:

R

RichDC

I hope they make new islands, and build faction bases fortresses on them. only way to get to them is to use a faction rune,faction boat, or the main moon gate. on the moon gate gump would be factions you click on that, and it would show a choice of each Faction Island to go to. Only players in factions will be able to access the faction moon gates. If a non faction player tries to go to a faction island they get the message you need to be in factions to enter the faction gates. faction boats will only be able to be used by players who are in factions, if a non faction player is on a faction boat, soon as the boat moves the boat spits them off and they get the message *phewy* your not in factions get off me. faction boats will have to be dry docked at enemy faction islands so there is no blocking. the boats will blow up, or catch on fire, and sink. if your on the boat when it blows up, or catches on fire your sent to a shrine. Every faction base will get faction fortress guards. or none is also ok to. to me that would be fun.
I like this idea, you can use the silver or even kill points? to help fortify your base. It starts as just basic flat land with the main building. If you control towns you can add fortifications/vendor shops appropriat to that town...so if you own minoc you can place a smith, or maybe some Spiked traps.

If you lose the town for more than 3 cycles then the structure begins to crumble, after 7 cycles it collapses (in this time it is charging you silver/kill points in upkeep). Maybe they can be attacked and destroyed...not sure.

There would also need to be some kind of gate to a shrine from inside. But only useable as a ghost.

Maybe be able to activate a teleporter similar to the house ones we just got in order to be able to teleport to a faction town you own.

Oh, and why cant we have faction ridgebacks/swampies/llamas/ossies. Nothing taming skill related just a few more variaties?

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also yeah, reducing that stat time to ten would be great.
Ten is a sufficient slap on the wrist, 20 usually is sufficient to just log..

Also, a timer on stat would be sick.. put it in the buff/debuff bar?
Agreed , good sir.

K

Kylas

also yeah, reducing that stat time to ten would be great.
Ten is a sufficient slap on the wrist, 20 usually is sufficient to just log..

Also, a timer on stat would be sick.. put it in the buff/debuff bar?

The 20 minute timer is perfect. It serves probably one of the most important functions in factions. It's duration has been tested tens of thousands of times.

Stat loss is much more then a slap on the wrist. It's a finality to an engagement. It allows the victor to consolidate, rebuild, regroup, and marshal reinforcements.

This simply cannot be done effectively with less time. Touching the stat loss timer is fraught with peril.

Dig

W

wee papa smurf

The 20 minute timer is perfect. It serves probably one of the most important functions in factions. It's duration has been tested tens of thousands of times.

Stat loss is much more then a slap on the wrist. It's a finality to an engagement. It allows the victor to consolidate, rebuild, regroup, and marshal reinforcements.

This simply cannot be done effectively with less time. Touching the stat loss timer is fraught with peril.

Dig
Agreed :thumbup1:

S

Saleena

Stat Timer should def not be touched 20 mins is perfect. If you cant stand the heat stay out of the damn fire....Be a trooper fight in stats makes for a much more interesting battle.:thumbup:

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stat Timer should def not be touched 20 mins is perfect. If you cant stand the heat stay out of the damn fire....Be a trooper fight in stats makes for a much more interesting battle.:thumbup:
Yea! What she said!

Hey Cardell, do you think they will actually listen to the players that do factions everyday, this time around?? Now, don't go and get Kelmo in an uproar with your answer, LOL I can see him sitting at his desk, smacking his forehead, yelling CARDELL!

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea! What she said!

Hey Cardell, do you think they will actually listen to the players that do factions everyday, this time around?? Now, don't go and get Kelmo in an uproar with your answer, LOL I can see him sitting at his desk, smacking his forehead, yelling CARDELL!
WHAT!? Do I think what? Do I think that devs will listen to the factions faithful! The people who stuck it out, threw the thick (what little there was) and thin all those years? Do I think they will finally realize their mistakes and how bad they have left the factions situation? Do I think they will listen to the people who deserve to be heard and the people who have put their time in?

No I don't.

Pvpers (Faction especially) have no representation in the dev circle. So there will never be a decision made in or favor.. in our interest. We are the minority and will continue to be treated that way. Our opinions, even tho holding the most experience and best intentions, mean nothing and never will. Things will get worse,, brace yourselves.

Kelmo loves when I post. :)

M

Malador

1. A complete overhaul of the scoring and ranking system, with an eye towards rewarding healing, stealth, crafting, and other types of participation in addition to racking up kill counts

Great idea or just leave it alone and fix the kill zone exploits and pvpers can continue to share thier kill points with the tamers and crafters.

2. Possibly reducing the number of factions to 3

Reduce it to two and turn on balancing.

3. Rebuilding the bases to make them more balanced, including removing bases from areas within guard zones

Also a great idea. Faction strong holds should never have been in cities. Also extend the area around the strong hold so non-factioners are not allowed anywhere near the bases. Give factioners a place to fight that is large enough to have huge battles without non factions interfering.

4. Revamping town capture with an eye towards focusing the fighting, creating more intense battles

Sigal Capture requires some serious incentive. I mean if you dont control them then you lose something. Very few join to do this now. They join for armor.

5. Adding more ways to use Silver, as well as working to fix various economic issues surrounding Factions

whatever.

6. Adding more benefits to controlling towns, with an eye towards allowing Factions to have greater influence on the game world

Those not involved in or interested in faction game play should not be affected by factions. The way it stands now half of the pvp base joins factions simply to get uber armor pieces and has no interest in the actuall system. Dont give these same people more power by making thier systems affect the rest of the game.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

Possibly reducing the number of factions to 3
I would welcome attempts at any of the above other than this one. The faction system has been four factions since it came out...I see no reason to change it. Assuming all of the other issues are addressed, we should have plenty of people to populate all four factions.

Don't forget load balancing! Some type of system to prevent one faction from becoming exponentially larger than the others! Also, I'd recommend an implementation of some system to deal harshly with treason. This is a constant problem with people having alternate accounts in opposing factions for no other reason than to grief.

Z

Zara

Stat loss is only 20 minutes? Well crap.... once things get going mine usually lasts a few hours!

Wish someone would have told me it was only 20. :lol:

Fact of the matter is I am one of those crazy people who can't sit out and play right through. It's a choice really and for me playing in stat is one hell of a challenge.

There are many things I can do to support my team while in stat loss and still be effective. I don't think they should change the timer at all because when you have those huge guilds or even the smaller guild who just rock your world, trust me when I say you want them out of the game for 20 minutes just so you can catch a breath and regroup.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  1. A complete overhaul of the scoring and ranking system, with an eye towards rewarding healing, stealth, crafting, and other types of participation in addition to racking up kill counts

Great idea or just leave it alone and fix the kill zone exploits and pvpers can continue to share thier kill points with the tamers and crafters.

2. Possibly reducing the number of factions to 3

Reduce it to two and turn on balancing.

3. Rebuilding the bases to make them more balanced, including removing bases from areas within guard zones

Also a great idea. Faction strong holds should never have been in cities. Also extend the area around the strong hold so non-factioners are not allowed anywhere near the bases. Give factioners a place to fight that is large enough to have huge battles without non factions interfering.

4. Revamping town capture with an eye towards focusing the fighting, creating more intense battles

Sigal Capture requires some serious incentive. I mean if you dont control them then you lose something. Very few join to do this now. They join for armor.

5. Adding more ways to use Silver, as well as working to fix various economic issues surrounding Factions

whatever.

6. Adding more benefits to controlling towns, with an eye towards allowing Factions to have greater influence on the game world

Those not involved in or interested in faction game play should not be affected by factions. The way it stands now half of the pvp base joins factions simply to get uber armor pieces and has no interest in the actuall system. Dont give these same people more power by making thier systems affect the rest of the game.

Oh Dear Kelmo, I just smacked my forehead! I actually agree with what malador said!

I agree with all of them but #3: balancing would be ok, go back to one character per acct, but don't force ppl into one of two factions that would cause huge problems.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stat loss is only 20 minutes? Well crap.... once things get going mine usually lasts a few hours!

Wish someone would have told me it was only 20. :lol:

Fact of the matter is I am one of those crazy people who can't sit out and play right through. It's a choice really and for me playing in stat is one hell of a challenge.

There are many things I can do to support my team while in stat loss and still be effective. I don't think they should change the timer at all because when you have those huge guilds or even the smaller guild who just rock your world, trust me when I say you want them out of the game for 20 minutes just so you can catch a breath and regroup.
Indeed , I think 20 minutes is excessive. I have 4 characters at my disposal so I'm always in the fight until it ends but hell. Waiting out stat on each character is caca poo poo moo moo doo doo!! :gee:

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guarding sigils for a couple hour straight fight is intense enough as it is. If a single faction player dies that person has plenty of things he can do while his allies continue the fight. If a entire faction group dies then use that 20 minutes to regroup and come up with a new game plan. There are many reasons why 20 minutes is to important for factions in the big picture then to worry about a couple players that haven't learned how to manage point loss yet.

K

KTULU_ATL

*1 point per kill no matter how many points the person you killed is worth

*10% point loss per death

*no multiplicative bonuses

*10 points to wear all faction arties (honestly who cares)

*Change recently defeated to "last 5 deaths or 3 hours" or something like that. Key is it needs to be adjusted. I shouldn't log on and kill someone i killed a week ago and not get points because they haven't played. Also, it needs to be non-exploitable.

*remove "I HONOR YOUR LEADERSHIP"

*1 point per sigil steal

*1 point for faction trap kill

*stat loss for faction trap death and point loss

-----------------------------

with these rules the points will never get out of hand

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*1 point per kill no matter how many points the person you killed is worth

*Change recently defeated to "last 5 deaths or 3 hours" or something like that. Key is it needs to be adjusted. I shouldn't log on and kill someone i killed a week ago and not get points because they haven't played. Also, it needs to be non-exploitable.

*1 point per sigil steal

-----------------------------

with these rules the points will never get out of hand
It never got out of hand the old system... Why change it if it worked?

S

Sergul'zan_SP

1 point per kill no matter how many points the person you killed is worth
I'm good with this.

This is also fine by me.

Silly things they are...

The market is flooded with item properties...faction artifacts are pretty irrelevant in general. If you are in a faction, you should be able to use them. They should suffer an item decay penalty and you shouldn't be able to use powder of fort on them (this may be the case already, I've never used 'em).

I think the penalty before you can get a KP off of the same person should be dependent on how many times you've killed them. Here's some ideas:

1. If they are in stat loss, you get no points whatsoever.

2. If you've already killed them once, you have to wait 3 hours for another point. If you've killed them twice and the three hour timer has been used in the last 24 hours, you have to wait 10 more hours for a third point off them.

3. If they are at zero kill points, you can only get one point off them with a 24 hour cooldown period.

4. The above rules should apply to all characters on the account of the person you killed. This prevents people from cycling through killing an alt count to rack up points.

5. If you kill a member of your own faction, your killpoints should be reduced to zero, and you should not be able to use any faction benefits for one full week. You should also show up grey to all of your fellow faction members. This is the price of treason.

Bye bye! This isn't used for anything anymore..people just use it to store KPs on non-combat characters so they can look like they know how to PvP.

*1 point per sigil steal
I don't think any points should be awarded for sigil stealing...unless you stole them and they were successfully corrupted. Then you should get a point for each one you stole that was corrupted. A good thief trying to support his/her faction would actually follow up and work with his/her fellow mates to keep the sigil on the monoliths. A loser trying to rack up KPs to use faction benefits would just steal them over and over to get KPs but make no attempt to capture them.

Subject to the same rules above for KPs I've outlined.

k

[/QUOTE]

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the penalty before you can get a KP off of the same person should be dependent on how many times you've killed them. Here's some ideas:

1. If they are in stat loss, you get no points whatsoever.

2. If you've already killed them once, you have to wait 3 hours for another point. If you've killed them twice and the three hour timer has been used in the last 24 hours, you have to wait 10 more hours for a third point off them.

3. If they are at zero kill points, you can only get one point off them with a 24 hour cooldown period.

4. The above rules should apply to all characters on the account of the person you killed. This prevents people from cycling through killing an alt count to rack up points.

5. If you kill a member of your own faction, your killpoints should be reduced to zero, and you should not be able to use any faction benefits for one full week. You should also show up grey to all of your fellow faction members. This is the price of treason.

The current system for getting kill points from a player is fine. It is based on your kill cycle. It has nothing to do with the other player being inactive. The above is just a bunch of crap that doesn't need to be implemented.

I don't think any points should be awarded for sigil stealing...unless you stole them and they were successfully corrupted.
I agree, I assume that's what he meant though.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

During faction testing on Test Center, originally you could not use moongates to transport sigils. So you would have to use boats to go from Moonglow and Magincia. For whatever reason they decided to allow moongate use. I think it would be more interesting without it.
I've taken this route before...particularly when you couldn't get to the CoM base on Siege. It's great unless you have a real life and can't spend several hours moving sigils :). If the numbers that used to play factions years ago were to return then this is definitely something that could happen...but not now or in the near future.

Also note that the moongate does present risk...I know if we think somebody is moving the sigs the first thing we do is scout the moongates.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LoL, all I could say is..

like I've been mentioning long time ago.

Just remove kill points totally and put in other rewards for controlling towns

The reason everyone is whining about kill points now is because of the artifacts in faction mainly.

Without these artifacts, do you think there is any whining about kill points?

Come on, just get rid of kill points and let everyone play in fair field.

Who wanna have benefit, fight at stronghold fights and control the towns.

This is much more fun than crying and whining about kill points fix.

KILL POINTs ARE NEVER NECCESSARY in faction. IT PROVES NOTHING AT ALL. IT ONLY GIVE TROUBLE TO THE WORLD.

So in my opinion, just remove kill points in faction totally and put in other benefits for controlling towns.

Such as controlling towns could have the following benefits:-

1. Controlled towns could expand to 7 days
2. 12 hours to control the towns
3. controlled town faction could host different events in each specific towns:-

for example,

Trinsic - enemies spies event - sign up at Trinsic town stone (only limited to the controlled faction members)

Location: takes place in Trinsic at the appointed time, the person in TB to kill the most "npc spies" will receive the "final" reward

Content: enemies from different factions can also go there during the event time to interupt

Reward: 10,000 silver coins, a special artifact that is able to use for 7 days until the next event or faction town (not in control status; means sigils are not corrupted) given by the system

Comment: This way it would add more fun and fights to the faction instead of whining about kill points and faction artifacts every freakin day.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am just going to say that.

No matter how well you make the point system, there is always way to farm it.

I don't see a problem for everyone wearing the faction artifacts honestly.

If a trammie do not want pvping, then no matter how hard you force them, they will also not be pvping.

Instead, if you give them the fair chance to wear better equipments and put other sufficient rewards to Felucca sides, I am sure they will at least give it a try.

Now everyone are so close-minded that they could not accept trammies to buy the faction artifacts and go back to trammel immediately.

But whats the BIG DEAL with this? I dont see a problem.

By making kill points harder are just driving people like me out of factions quickly and making Felucca more dead.

Because I have 20+ pvp chars needed to maintain kill points and about 10 needed rank 10 equipments.

I have average 1-2 hours MAX per day to play. So you're just telling people like me to quit pvping or use trashes to pvp only???

Moreover, Felucca is quite desert enough now to get any freakin kill points in some shards (you could come Formosa to see); our enemies do not dare to come out at all

So tell me how you get kill points to maintain rank 10??????????

Again, why are kill points needed again??

Kill points = mess with the system or benefit the system?

You guys think about it :)

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am just going to say that.

No matter how well you make the point system, there is always way to farm it.

I don't see a problem for everyone wearing the faction artifacts honestly.

If a trammie do not want pvping, then no matter how hard you force them, they will also not be pvping.

Instead, if you give them the fair chance to wear better equipments and put other sufficient rewards to Felucca sides, I am sure they will at least give it a try.

Now everyone are so close-minded that they could not accept trammies to buy the faction artifacts and go back to trammel immediately.

But whats the BIG DEAL with this? I dont see a problem.

By making kill points harder are just driving people like me out of factions quickly and making Felucca more dead.

Because I have 20+ pvp chars needed to maintain kill points and about 10 needed rank 10 equipments.

I have average 1-2 hours MAX per day to play. So you're just telling people like me to quit pvping or use trashes to pvp only???

Moreover, Felucca is quite desert enough now to get any freakin kill points in some shards (you could come Formosa to see); our enemies do not dare to come out at all

So tell me how you get kill points to maintain rank 10??????????

Again, why are kill points needed again??

Kill points = mess with the system or benefit the system?

You guys think about it :)
No **** points will always be farmable but only a ****** would argue that currently its way easier...

NO **** if trammies dont want to pvp they wont pvp. We dont want people who dont want to pvp to pvp.. We just dont want them to have our arties.. especially if they are not pvping..

Wrong. Like you said. If they dont want to pvp they will not. Giving them our arties is not he answer, this game shouldnt be easy mode. These are the factions high risk and high reward. I have no problem with people who never show their face in fel, as long as they dont faction arties..

Its very obvious you dont see the big deal.. you obviously haven't played factions before these ridiculous publishes. The big deal is principle.. The factions have been watered down.. People are in them to take arties.. ESPECIALLY NOW! People farm points to wear the arties so you have these huge ass scores so people can go back to tram and not worry about losing their rank.. That is wrong. The factions is only playable in feluccia, and its rewards should only be obtainable and utilized that far.. People who dont see the big deal will never see the big deal because they dont want to.. They want the artifacts and they dont want to put the effort in to earn them.. If you get the rewards of the factions you better damn well be participating..

I dont know your play style but it sounds like your one of the people who cant earn the points on your own. To that all i can say is tough ****. Points should be hard like they used to be and they should mean something. They currently do not. If you cannot earn the points, or better yet, have no intention of trying earn them (not pvp) then you dont belong in the factions. You probably dont show up in fel and not having you in the factions would make the factions no more dead or alive.. The people that use the items in tram are non factors when it comes to participation and action in the factions. You just mooch the rewards.. Whether that affects us or not directly, Its wrong and it shouldnt be allowed.. You should have to earn your keep or **** off.

I'm not telling you to do ****. I dont care how many hours a day you have to play, I see this casual player vs hardcore player all the damn time. Its older than **** and I could care less if casual players cant compete. The game is hard and you need to find a way to compete. Lowering the bar for the hardcores is not the answer for anything..

I dont care about fermosa. I really dont. You can make the waa waa my shard is dead argument all you want. Ive been in factions every day since its been out and there has been time periods when ive went weeks without seeing an orange. Yeah it sucks... I made characters on all shards until i found steady fights. Thats also why I picked the biggest shards to play on.

AND If there is no one on ur shard, all you need to do is get 1 point and get rank 10. If there is truly no one else on the shard you should never lose rank 10. Just because the factions arent active on your shard doesnt mean we should let it go to **** so joe-blow lazy mofo doesnt have to do **** to earn his good ass armor..

And if your shard is like you say it is,, you really never played the factions, never raided or defended... so you pretty much have no idea how the factios SHOULD be. You just want your arties..

gg. way to be wrong.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You sounds very stupid in my opinion. This I must say:-

1. I have dueled anyone in Formosa and have lose 0 duel
2. Everyone know who I am in Formosa in the pvp perspectives
3. You judge a person by what they type instead of actually knowing this person

Moreover, you haven't read enough of my post.

I have mentioned I got 20 pvp chars and 10 of them are rank 10+. Why would you say I can't get my points?? HELLO??? WHY? I cant get my points??

HELLO? Can you answer this question? Why would you say I cant earn my points in the first hand??

Please answer this question before you go on with more bull$hits.

And if you're not happy, you're welcome to transfer to Formosa and let me screen shots of your dead photo like I did with every enemies I killed in Formosa :lick:

My pvp chars names:-

Defender
Yahan
Gandalf
Little Susy
Talent Hawk
Mopladia
Ghost Mouse
Sib Re Taka
Kintorshi
Wang Han Xing
Death Traveller
Sasukei
Charity
KERORO
Rainbow
Vandash
Amelia
Sonic
GD Slayer
Heroine

And what about your's that is gonna transfer to Formosa to kick my @ss?

But the next thing I hear is gonna be:-

I am too lag in Formosa, and pointless to transfer blah blah blah blah bull$hits.

RIGHT, then stop being so big ego you dip$hit.

The point I am making is trying to help FELUCCA activities and not being a cry baby like you that couldn't accept newbies of wearing faction arties.

Whats the big deal of having everyone wearing faction arties??

WILL YOU DIE because they are wearing the faction arties??

I dont get your point honestly. SUCKER

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You sounds very stupid in my opinion. This I must say:-

1. I have dueled anyone in Formosa and have lose 0 duel
2. Everyone know who I am in Formosa in the pvp perspectives
3. You judge a person by what they type instead of actually knowing this person

Moreover, you haven't read enough of my post.

I have mentioned I got 20 pvp chars and 10 of them are rank 10+. Why would you say I can't get my points?? HELLO??? WHY? I cant get my points??

HELLO? Can you answer this question? Why would you say I cant earn my points in the first hand??

Please answer this question before you go on with more bull$hits.

And if you're not happy, you're welcome to transfer to Formosa and let me screen shots of your dead photo like I did with every enemies I killed in Formosa :lick:

My pvp chars names:-

Defender
Yahan
Gandalf
Little Susy
Talent Hawk
Mopladia
Ghost Mouse
Sib Re Taka
Kintorshi
Wang Han Xing
Death Traveller
Sasukei
Charity
KERORO
Rainbow
Vandash
Amelia
Sonic
GD Slayer
Heroine

And what about your's that is gonna transfer to Formosa to kick my @ss?

But the next thing I hear is gonna be:-

I am too lag in Formosa, and pointless to transfer blah blah blah blah bull$hits.

RIGHT, then stop being so big ego you dip$hit.

The point I am making is trying to help FELUCCA activities and not being a cry baby like you that couldn't accept newbies of wearing faction arties.

Whats the big deal of having everyone wearing faction arties??

WILL YOU DIE because they are wearing the faction arties??

I dont get your point honestly. SUCKER
Wow. ADHD kids ftw.

You said:

Which to me.. simplified.. means.. 'waa waa I can't earn points'

Just because ur rank 10 atm doesnt mean ****.

Just because your best dueler on Formosa dont mean ****.

No I'm not going to go to a dead shard to duel someone who claims they are the bestest pvper ever.

BUT!, For the sake of this conversation lets just go ahead and assume your the most awesomely awesome pvper ever to rub one off on his own dueling record. You probably would own me.. seriously I suck.. No doubt..

First I'd like to say.. congradulations, You are most certainly a legend in your own basement and you deserve your hard earned props for ruling a unpopulated and before today unheard of shard.

/gives props.

Now with that being said. I wasn't questioning whether you were a good pvper, I was simply pointing out when it comes to faction fighting.. you have nothing on most people on these forums. Especially when it comes to active factions apparently, pointed out by your own statements.

As for not reading your post enough, I think you should reread my responses again and I think I made it as clear as possible to have responded to each of your statements by separating my responses with a full line. If you are in fact autistic, don't beat yourself up. Those sorts of things aren't always as easy to point out as your e-peen. But who cares? Right! I'll just reword it for you.. Since the ADA would probably shut these forums down for not holding your hand though this.

Like I pointed out in the first section of this post, you said their was no one to fight.. and like 10000 people on these forums pointed out, rank 10 means nothing (SEE! Point system is broke Link..This guy thinks hes uber).

No I'm not transfering to a dead shard where, YES, I would lag to death before you even saw me.. I play GL mainly. I live in GL, and I ping good around 2 am.. My connection has me somewhat inactive unfortunately. In time when my connection is back. I will gladly bring a friend or two and wipe the formosa dirt with you and your guilds teeth in raiding and defending.. Because that is what this whole forum is about.. Factions..

The point you are making is trying to 'help' felucia be more like you want it. That is called an argument. The point I was making is trying to make felucia more like it was, more for pvpers.

So you asked the same question again, since you clearly didn't read or weren't intelligent enough to understand my post... I'll answer it again.

"Whats the big deal of having everyone wearing faction arties??"

Principle.. They didn't earn it. Our (faction pvpers) system is our system and we have been the red headed step child of every patch since the factions have come out. We have been ignored, overlooked, disrespected and **** on by every subpar Dev that touched this game. We don't ask for much. In fact most of the people who played factions just wanted the expoits and bugs to be fixed.. We work and play hard for the factions and our guilds and we don't want other people mooching off our blood sweat and tears..

Again, in case your ADHD caused you to miss that last paragraph.

"Whats the big deal of having everyone wearing faction arties??"

Principle.. They didn't earn it. Our (faction pvpers) system is our system and we have been the red headed step child of every patch since the factions have come out. We have been ignored, overlooked, disrespected and **** on by every subpar Dev that touched this game. We don't ask for much. In fact most of the people who played factions just wanted the expoits and bugs to be fixed.. We work and play hard for the factions and our guilds and we don't want other people mooching off our blood sweat and tears..

*EDIT* Your E-Peen frightens me. Really keep it up.. Characters like you make these forums that much more juicy.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point is: if you want the Artifacts you should have to do more then farm silver, hit the chest and run back to Trammel and sit at the bank with your Faction Artifacts.

You can be a support player, I put in my time whether it be on my Thief, Tamer or Crafter. I support my chosen faction and yes I maintain my rank 10 by either getting a kill shot with my dragon, setting the sigils or having points given to my characters.

P

Pimpdaddy

I fear they forget to listen to the non faction players, that be crafters, PvM'ers, non fasction PvP players and others this risk to effect in a bad way.

Special on Siege, faction already effect the community in a bad way.

Alot do never visit the faction forum or join the debat because they don't like faction and don't want to be a part of it. Many forget, that changes may effect them even when they stay long away from faction.

It can easy ruin the game for non faction players more than it already do on Siege with stupid faction taxes ruining the towns and faction artifact given faction players unfair advantage in PvP. It's also splitting up the community.

Rebuilding the bases to make them more balanced, including removing bases from areas within guard zones
I don't care what they do to the bases but I will love to see them removing the bases from guard zone. They sure not belong in Lord British castle, we only have one copy of it on Siege.

Revamping town capture with an eye towards focusing the fighting, creating more intense battles
Why do the towns have to be involved, can't they fight about something else so crafters and other peaceloving players can have the town in peace and maybe focus on some RP and more quests npc's in the towns.
At least make it so they only can make less taxes in a town but not killing a town with high taxes or changes it so the rewards a faction get for capture a town or maybe a hunting ground do not effect non faction players.

Adding more ways to use Silver, as well as working to fix various economic issues surrounding Factions
That's all fine as long they can't buy stuff that gives them unfair advantages when fighting non faction and non PvP'ers . They should buy their armor and weapons from crafters.
Advantages that only works vs other faction players are ok.

Adding more benefits to controlling towns, with an eye towards allowing Factions to have greater influence on the game world
That's what I fear, non faction players will be effected of this and they should not.
Let UO stay UO, don't try to make it WOW or DAoC or other realm wars games.
Now I do understand, that the split between Felucca and Trammel need to go but faction is not the right way to go as UO always was about good vs evil and faction never filled that role even when it was meant to do it.
What really make me hate faction is to see reds in True Brits and blue in Shadowlords faction. Maybe make one faction red only, one blue only and the last one both red and blue. Maybe use some ideas from the old Evil/Hero system we had on Siege

And we need a duel system where players can test their PvP skills without risk.

And get rid of item insurance so crafters on normal shards can get their customers back

Can anyone say Whiner? This guys idea of pvp is hiding around the moongate in Yew waiting to pick off a red that gets low.

Faction items are unfair? Join factions then you noob. If you don't want to join factions then shut up. But no? Your scared right? OMG I MIGHT DIE! Good, I hope they open fighting up across all facets and you get hunted down. Assuming however that your man enough to actually join the factions.

Griefing? If you join factions you are submitting to PvP anywhere, anytime in my opinion. There should be no safe zones and no hiding. I was pissed when they introduced Trammel in the first place. If blues want to hang out their and Tame chickens fine. Orange should be fair game, anywhere any time.

If I am willing to submitt to this why shouldn't I be more powerful then a guy that hides in guard zone? (Like this guy)

I am all for some changes but I agree with everyone on the forum that they are going to **** it up very badly. They always do. If they don't I would be very impressed. Find a way to bring the fighting back into the cities....I love town fighting. Make the cities worthwhile..... I am yet to see a suggestion for this that I like.

There must be a way in order to let us reds go and enjoy all of the facets but we arn't allowed to kill blues anywhere but in Fel. I want to hunt down orange......everywhere.......anytime.....all day......all night.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point is: if you want the Artifacts you should have to do more then farm silver, hit the chest and run back to Trammel and sit at the bank with your Faction Artifacts.

You can be a support player, I put in my time whether it be on my Thief, Tamer or Crafter. I support my chosen faction and yes I maintain my rank 10 by either getting a kill shot with my dragon, setting the sigils or having points given to my characters.
Slayer got owned by a gurl..

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, the reason I say my background is because you ****** kept on yapping your mouth juding I cannot earn points myself.. I cannot do this, and I cannot do that..

Thats why I tell you my background.

The point here is not who sucks, who do not sucks.

The point here is find ways to solve the current desert Felucca problem.

If you recall the recent TB dragon VS Minax dragon, you should see the activities there.

THE NEWBIES in the FREAKIN TRAMMEL did come to Felucca to help fighting during the event.

Whether they die or not, they are having fun.

They are helping. Either help by killing monsters or help by killing players are still the same.

They are enjoying.

What I am trying to say, is with more events in the Felucca faction system, we could have more activities.

If you have such close minded that faction aritfacts should be owned by the TOP pvpers, then UO Felucca will continue to be desert

Because there are just not enough pvpers for you to fight with.

The only way is to attract new players and give them confidence to play on the field.

Now you take one more thing out from them and... they will then come to play pvp??

NAY...

Having faction arties for EVERYONE = fair game.

Just like able to do imbue = fair game for everyone as well.

It just improves everyone gear to a level able to compete instead of destroying the game.

Now by restricting 90% of the players from wearing the rank 10 items are just PURELY stupid.

Its like this.

Whoever can play the msot, whoever pvp the best can wear rank 10

others who can't pvp = go back to trammel

YEA good thinking.. You piece of $hit.
1st of all id like to respond to 'u kept on yapping blah blah blah'.. I responded 1 time before you started crying. So plz spare me the 'Cardell is griefing me so im going to act like im 10'.

I know the point isnt who sucks or not... That is why I said that.. before you...

I know the point is to improve factions. The problem is.. and this is where your intelligence shuts off and your ADHD kicks in... So pay attention this time. You claimed x and y would help the factions. I disagreed and gave my reasons why I disagreed. You totally ignore my responses and start crying that I disagreed...

Yes our intentions are somewhat the same.. But our methods and theories are different. You think fel will improve if you give all noobs the best weapons and armor (which is what imbuing already does) and I think they should earn it.. You want EZ mode, I wand difficult. You want it to be casual friendly, I know there is no such thing as casual friendly, and watering down games just ruin them. This pretty much sums up our argument so far..

Yes trammies came to fel and died a lot, cried a lot, then disappeared... This is also where we disagree. You think trammies showing their faces at events, to possible get an uber item 1 night every, what?, 6 months and disappear is some how helping the factions. I think the only way to improve the factions is to make it what it was and make some small tweaks.. No 80% of the shard wont show up, because they arent pvpers and never will be. There is a point where people in the factions have say,, '**** that, our system is for pvpers and we are not willing to water this down so everyone else will show up for 1 night and just mooch our rewards.'

They aren't helping.. they are in trammel, contributing nothing at all.

I'm glad they enjoyed themselves. they should try pvp, its even more enjoyable imho.

Events are once every 4 or 5 montha. They will never be once a day, once a week, once a month. So more events will make more people active but the devs dont give a flying **** to even consider that. With that being said.. killing dragons doesn't do **** for factions.. We need more raiding and defending.. RAIDING AND DEFENDING is factions... PvM can be a small part, but it that is the only role you take in factions plz realize you are pretty much a non factor especially when it comes to promoting active factions.

Having arties for everyone = EZ mode = ruins game

Restricting 90% (bogus number, way to make **** up) will do what? make people get imbued gear? WHICH IS BETTER!!? It makes the people who cant earn points have to pvm for a few days to get mats to make better armor.. thats all rank does..

Who ever can pvp the best gets rank 10? ..ehh lets not split hairs.. Yeah and thats how it should be in a PVP SYSTEM!!! Since factions is a PVP SYSTEM..

Others who cannot pvp dont have to go to trammel... they can go get imbued ****.. or! GET THIS! try harder! God forbid you have to put some time and effort into learning how to pvp. Most people from tram doesnt know their ass from their elbow when it comes to pvp. Like most people, they will learn over time.. like most people.. that is.. some people just suck forever.

Your arguements are really bad.. fyi... thanks for playing tho..better luck next time.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Must be hard being the number one PvPer on a shard which has a PvP population count of 1 :thumbup:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Sorry guys... I have been slacking on factions. I will clean this thread up after I get home from work. I will reopen it then.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Alrighty then. Remember post friendly...