• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oct 23 Five on Friday Faction Question

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The following was answered in this week's five on friday.
Is the faction system going to be repaired,remolded or replaced? Will the Order/Chaos....Good V evil be returning?
Our design team is currently taking a good, hard look at Factions and we are currently making plans for a series of updates culminating in a significantly revamped system. Right now in this early phase, we have a lot of ideas on the table. Amongst those are:

1. A complete overhaul of the scoring and ranking system, with an eye towards rewarding healing, stealth, crafting, and other types of participation in addition to racking up kill counts
  2. Possibly reducing the number of factions to 3
  3. Rebuilding the bases to make them more balanced, including removing bases from areas within guard zones
  4. Revamping town capture with an eye towards focusing the fighting, creating more intense battles
  5. Adding more ways to use Silver, as well as working to fix various economic issues surrounding Factions
  6. Adding more benefits to controlling towns, with an eye towards allowing Factions to have greater influence on the game world

In addition to the above, we have a list of miscellaneous bugs we want to fix.

Please note that we are very early in the design stages on this, and as we delve more deeply into this project our final feature change list will evolve. The above list is the pie in the sky and now we’re seeing how much of it we can (and should) bring down to Earth. We are interested in seeing some more of your Factions-related ideas and requests on the forums.
-Phoenix
The scoring system is broken because they added the multiplicative bonuses and a ridiculous 10 points given to thieves per sigil captured. Take those away, wipe all the points and it will go back to normal.

If they do go ahead and add all that stuff they mentioned to scoring it is just going to get abused. Need points? Craft 100 swords. Heal your friend 1,000 times. Stealth around............why are they even giving points for stealthing?

They are going to make faction score and rank completely meaningless. This is the same thing they tried in Warhammer Online and look how that turned out.

As for reducing the number of factions to three, that is also a lame idea. I could write an entire essay on why having 4 factions is better than 3.

S

Saleena

The only idea that I like out of all that is number 3. and number 6. Phooie on the rest of it!:yell:

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The scoring system is broken because they added the multiplicative bonuses and a ridiculous 10 points given to thieves per sigil captured. Take those away, wipe all the points and it will go back to normal.

If they do go ahead and add all that stuff they mentioned to scoring it is just going to get abused. Need points? Craft 100 swords. Heal your friend 1,000 times. Stealth around............why are they even giving points for stealthing?

They are going to make faction score and rank completely meaningless. This is the same thing they tried in Warhammer Online and look how that turned out.

As for reducing the number of factions to three, that is also a lame idea. I could write an entire essay on why having 4 factions is better than 3.
I haven't been active in factions since just before the end of the event that brought the changes. You are right the score ticker is broken, but that said I won't nay say the possibilities of new adds as long as they have located the current problem and have a fix in the works, and intend to implement such scoring in a fairly restrictive fashion.

Factions, as you have said yourself, should be about promoting teamwork and offer a constructive way to game and team play for advanced players right here on prodo shards. Why would we bash anything that encourages more to participate as long as the homework gets done and we don't further break the system in implementation?

*edit* Oh but yeah, three factions? Someone is going to get peeved, which ever team gets booted. I vote no, but I don't have their reasoning to listen to.

V

Vaen Swiftar

3 factions is a good idea. Not only from a lore standpoint, but a logistic standpoint. 4 factions spreads things out far too much. Even on Atlantic. But especially on the smaller shards. 3 factions will be a benefit in the long run.

I also DEARLY hope that Factions is enabled in Trammel. PLZ.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

I think you're overreacting to something that hasn't even been fully explained yet.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Points just need to be reset and faction ranking recalculated to fit the uncapped population per faction. As far as rewarding those skills I'm guessing it'd be more item based ****. Please for the love of God no.

2. They should have dropped CoM when they nuked Mag in the first place if they were heading towards this. I think I'd be ok with 3 factions actually. This would make them less sparse.

3. Yes, good idea.

4. Should be interesting to see the idea.

5. Put faction items on a cycled use timer.

6. eh. Idk. Really what other benefits could there be?

W

wee papa smurf

The points going crazy had nothing to do with thieves getting points for stealing, taking that away would be silly, with the faction arties you need rank to get rank you need points, i dont know about anyone else but i cant imagine asking any of the oj's if they could hold still whilst i pot them to death! The multiple bonuses is what caused the points fiasco nothing else.
TBH im looking forward to these changes simply because i didnt think the faction system could be broke anymore and i need a laugh, so all us true factioners you thought we hit rock bottom well here we go deeper than anyone has ever been! So buckle up this is gona get bumpy :gee:

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The points going crazy had nothing to do with thieves getting points for stealing, taking that away would be silly, with the faction arties you need rank to get rank you need points, i dont know about anyone else but i cant imagine asking any of the oj's if they could hold still whilst i pot them to death! The multiple bonuses is what caused the points fiasco nothing else.
TBH im looking forward to these changes simply because i didnt think the faction system could be broke anymore and i need a laugh, so all us true factioners you thought we hit rock bottom well here we go deeper than anyone has ever been! So buckle up this is gona get bumpy :gee:
The points got out of hand on thieves on dead shards.. Thieves would run the sigs and get 80 points every 3 days.. Is that a lot.. no, in this system.. Subtract the x2/x3 bonuses and yeah 80 points to a thief is a lot.. I'd say reduce the number a bit,, but keep the points being given to thieves.. They earn that ****.. the good ones anyway..

And I'm right there with you on that last part.. How can u break this **** anymore... Giving points for healing each other? omg... here we go... I BET they'll manage to.... OH ****. I CANT WAIT!!!

It's actually quite funny to see this rewarding ppl for healing and crafting pop up now. When I was in the focus group for the beginning of the event (which was a complete joke btw). Seeing all the people on the forums whine about how healing gets you nothing in fights.. I guess this cannot be explained to your typical trammy because they just don't get art of the pvp in this game. Bottom line.. Pvp is its own reward. If you dont heal each other, your team will suck. You will lose, you will look like ****, and everyone will laugh at you and you wont get points. If you DO heal your team, you will not die that easily, you will be much better (especially since 80% of the pvp in this game is your armor/weapons/pets) and you will not look like a **** bag. You may or may not get points... but you will have a better chance at winning. If you can't understand that, which i know most thick headed jerk offs wont,, its just not worth the time trying to explain it any more than that. Healing doesn't deserve points. It's a requirement to be competitive and its just another part of the game. Points for healing will be exploited to no end btw...

As for crafting.. points for crafting? Maybe a ranking system for crafting seperate from the other point system, but crafting, like healing is its own reward. If you craft a lot of ****, you will have a better chance of getting good ****, you'll have better gear and you wont suck as much. If you don't craft a lot, you're going to be A) running around with ****ty gear or B) spending a lot of money.. The good crafters have every right to gain a reputation, a rank or some type of status through their hard work,, but there is no way you can put crafting points in with kill points.

W

wee papa smurf

The points got out of hand on thieves on dead shards.. Thieves would run the sigs and get 80 points every 3 days.. Is that a lot.. no, in this system.. Subtract the x2/x3 bonuses and yeah 80 points to a thief is a lot.. I'd say reduce the number a bit,, but keep the points being given to thieves.. They earn that ****.. the good ones anyway..
This is true, reducing the points to 5 per sig would be ok, just something to keep them in a decent rank to wear whatever items they can, its exciting to see what kind of bull**** there gona give points away for next though! Stealthing? really? :lol:

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you're overreacting to something that hasn't even been fully explained yet.
How is it overeating to start a discussion about what they said in the Five on Friday? They tossed out a huge potential change with reducing the number of factions to 3. Talking about that now is better than later when they make the decision and it gets set in stone.

W

wee papa smurf

How is it overeating to start a discussion about what they said in the Five on Friday? They tossed out a huge potential change with reducing the number of factions to 3. Talking about that now is better than later when they make the decision and it gets set in stone.
They did ask people to discuss over in the forums, so here we are discussing it :D

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. I dont think a complete over haul of point/rank system is needed. Just reset to its prior condition, and fix the bugs. Make sure it all works as intended.

2. Reducing the number of factions is a bad idea. People don't like each other in this game.. Forcing the pvpers into 4 factions is hard enough.. less factions more 'griefing' in your own faction.. more reds..

3. We'll see how this goes before I start complaining.

4. Revamping town capture? OH BOY.. Thieves get rdy.. you're about to get ****ed..

5. and 6. Good in theory, but we'll see how bad they **** it up.

W

Wakiza

A complete overhaul of the scoring and ranking system, with an eye towards rewarding healing, stealth, crafting, and other types of participation in addition to racking up kill counts
I can see that being exploited to all hell. I would agree with JC on this. I think point system was was fine in its orginal state(pre-multipliers).

Possibly reducing the number of factions to 3
I have no problems with this. The UO population is no where near what it used to be when factions were first published.

Rebuilding the bases to make them more balanced, including removing bases from areas within guard zones
Cool. Worth a try.

Revamping town capture with an eye towards focusing the fighting, creating more intense battles
Hmm, need mroe info.

Adding more ways to use Silver, as well as working to fix various economic issues surrounding Factions
Sounds cool. More info needed.

Adding more benefits to controlling towns, with an eye towards allowing Factions to have greater influence on the game world
Not sure about this one. I see protesters forming in trammel.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2. They should have dropped CoM when they nuked Mag in the first place if they were heading towards this. I think I'd be ok with 3 factions actually. This would make them less sparse.
CoM would be the logical one to drop since they will be redoing Mag. but then again they might have decided to remove a different one all together. who knows maybe they will make island of Mag into one of the faction bases

W

wee papa smurf

A whole island with nothing but the 8 sigil posts, how funny would that be? :stretcher: all this excitement is too much :popcorn: :lol:

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they got rid of mag, then wouldn't there only be 7 posts? o_O
:thumbup:

OH OH OH!

Whats going to the new 8th town???

Njhelm?
Jhelom?
Ocollo? (yes there is a town called Ocollo noobs)
Cove? (lol)
Bucs? (OMG seriously I haven't had someone run to a sever line to save themself from dying in a whole 24 hours... this would be so much more fun)
Wind? (Only mages could fight over it.. This would be dope)

I got my money on them making a new one called Trammyville.. A place in Fel where trammies can go and be completely safe from oranges.. Yeah.. Trammyville... No pvp whats so ever.. the only way you can kill someone in Fel is to challenge them to a trammy-off. Where you see who can tame more chickens in 1 minute OR you see who has more rares... Which brings up another question.. What happens if theirs a tie? Hmm.. I bet they'll **** that one up...

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, if they move factions from towns, are they finally getting rid of faction guards. And are all traps going to be placeable in the base?

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, if they move factions from towns, are they finally getting rid of faction guards. And are all traps going to be placeable in the base?
Hopefully they just make it so you can't place traps on adjacent tiles.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I meant the bases, not the town posts.

Still both are pretty pointless if they move them.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They said they want to move the bases out of towns, not the sigil posts.
Yeah but.. lets face it. Mags not a town anymore.. Its just a mess of garbage spawn and CoM base. Minus CoM base.. its just a sig post in the middle of garbage. It was a hypothetical joke.. Link. For **** sake don't hurt yourself over this..

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Agreed 120% , love the half baked pies EA hands out...

Z

Zara

I just wanted to make a comment on the healing end of things. There was another thread that made comments to people fighting like drunken pixies. (LMAO btw) I am one of those people! I have had some of the best train me in the faction world and they have attempted to get me to be a good fighter. It's just something I'm not good at.

However, I have had a lot of practice in the support side of things. During intense battles I am the one who attempts to keep my guys alive. It doesn't always work but when it does you get the satisfaction of knowing you helped your team in more ways than one.

I don't need points for this. My satisfaction comes when I see my guys kick at some arse and take some names and knowing that even though I may not be the one in there giving the whoopin' I helped them be able to concentrate on their task.

In factions we all play our roles, and when you get a team together that clearly knows those roles they are almost unstoppable.

I am very interested in some of the other ideas but as a healer, I don't need points for what I do. I am rewarded in many other ways.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just wanted to make a comment on the healing end of things. There was another thread that made comments to people fighting like drunken pixies. (LMAO btw) I am one of those people! I have had some of the best train me in the faction world and they have attempted to get me to be a good fighter. It's just something I'm not good at.

However, I have had a lot of practice in the support side of things. During intense battles I am the one who attempts to keep my guys alive. It doesn't always work but when it does you get the satisfaction of knowing you helped your team in more ways than one.

I don't need points for this. My satisfaction comes when I see my guys kick at some arse and take some names and knowing that even though I may not be the one in there giving the whoopin' I helped them be able to concentrate on their task.

In factions we all play our roles, and when you get a team together that clearly knows those roles they are almost unstoppable.

I am very interested in some of the other ideas but as a healer, I don't need points for what I do. I am rewarded in many other ways.
awesomie awesomeness zara. TRUFF!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

That is basicly all I do is heal or lay fields. When I ever get time to get on early lately tho by the time I do get on its late. and I'm to tired to do much of any thing. I wouldn't mind getting points for defending the base, and keeping players from dieing, but I don't want to earn the points just for throw a greater heal on someone. I'm just hoping they come up with a good system for defending the bases for players who can't pvp.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I fear they forget to listen to the non faction players, that be crafters, PvM'ers, non fasction PvP players and others this risk to effect in a bad way.

Special on Siege, faction already effect the community in a bad way.

Alot do never visit the faction forum or join the debat because they don't like faction and don't want to be a part of it. Many forget, that changes may effect them even when they stay long away from faction.

It can easy ruin the game for non faction players more than it already do on Siege with stupid faction taxes ruining the towns and faction artifact given faction players unfair advantage in PvP. It's also splitting up the community.

A complete overhaul of the scoring and ranking system, with an eye towards rewarding healing, stealth, crafting, and other types of participation in addition to racking up kill counts
I hope they won't add more carrots to lurer/force crafters and other non faction players to join faction, it's already splitting guilds and the shard (Siege) in two and now we are not even allowed to be in alliance with each others (faction and non faction). In my opinion Faction should total removes from Siege but that's my opinion.

Possibly reducing the number of factions to 3
Let me guess, Human, Elves and Gargyles = 3 factions = based maybe in Britainnia, Malas or Tokuno and Ter Mur.
If I'm right in my guess, it will split up even more guilds.
No need to copy WOW and other games with their realm wars. I hope I'm wrong.

*Sorry my bad mood, but I really fear this ideas*

Rebuilding the bases to make them more balanced, including removing bases from areas within guard zones
I don't care what they do to the bases but I will love to see them removing the bases from guard zone. They sure not belong in Lord British castle, we only have one copy of it on Siege.

Revamping town capture with an eye towards focusing the fighting, creating more intense battles
Why do the towns have to be involved, can't they fight about something else so crafters and other peaceloving players can have the town in peace and maybe focus on some RP and more quests npc's in the towns.
At least make it so they only can make less taxes in a town but not killing a town with high taxes or changes it so the rewards a faction get for capture a town or maybe a hunting ground do not effect non faction players.

Adding more ways to use Silver, as well as working to fix various economic issues surrounding Factions
That's all fine as long they can't buy stuff that gives them unfair advantages when fighting non faction and non PvP'ers . They should buy their armor and weapons from crafters.
Advantages that only works vs other faction players are ok.

Adding more benefits to controlling towns, with an eye towards allowing Factions to have greater influence on the game world
That's what I fear, non faction players will be effected of this and they should not.
Let UO stay UO, don't try to make it WOW or DAoC or other realm wars games.
Now I do understand, that the split between Felucca and Trammel need to go but faction is not the right way to go as UO always was about good vs evil and faction never filled that role even when it was meant to do it.
What really make me hate faction is to see reds in True Brits and blue in Shadowlords faction. Maybe make one faction red only, one blue only and the last one both red and blue. Maybe use some ideas from the old Evil/Hero system we had on Siege

And we need a duel system where players can test their PvP skills without risk.

And get rid of item insurance so crafters on normal shards can get their customers back

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Healing teammates, curing their pets, casting Remove Curses etc. is self-explanatory in group PvP which is what the factions is all about - violent clashes with groups hostile to each other.

Add a top-damager system when giving out points when an enemy dies. Top attacker gets 50% of the points (point loss equivalent of 10% of the top attacker's points) and the rest is divided equally between the rest of the attackers up to X players with the decimals rounded up.

Allow faction PvP in Trammel ruleset facets (with the exception of New Haven)

The above is a must. When you sign up for factions you sign up for non-consentual PvP. Currently there's no risk for those players who have only joined factions for the faction artifacts. Allowing PvP in Trammel ruleset facets would bring back the risk into risk vs. reward.

For those saying "But Faction PvP in Trammel will attract griefers killing players while they are fighting mobs in dungeons" my answer is this: no one is forcing you to take part in the factions. There's also 5 character slots on default - use a non-faction character.

Get rid of these war-zone kill bonuses, give players more incentive to hold, defend and capture the cities with city-basic bonuses.

Yew: board vendors (Ash, Oak, Yew, Heartwood, Frostwood), ML reagent vendors (ML regs which you get from LJ'ing).

Minoc: Colored Ore/Ingot vendors, ML gems and so on.

As for the pricing.. Devs should make a system which calculates the average price of a said material across all shards. For plain resources (wood, ingots) the price should be 10x of what the average price on player vendors is. For ML gems and other special ingredients it should be 5x the avg. price of player vendors.

So if the average price of Ash wood would be 10gp across all shards the price would be 100gp per board on faction vendors.

Say an Ecru Citrine costs 50k average on player vendors, the price would be 250k on faction vendors.

This kind of system would also act as a huge money sink draining insane amounts of gold out of the game affecting the economy in a positive way (less money there is the valuable money becomes).

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Healing teammates, curing their pets, casting Remove Curses etc. is self-explanatory in group PvP which is what the factions is all about - violent clashes with groups hostile to each other.

Add a top-damager system when giving out points when an enemy dies. Top attacker gets 50% of the points (point loss equivalent of 10% of the top attacker's points) and the rest is divided equally between the rest of the attackers up to X players with the decimals rounded up.

Allow faction PvP in Trammel ruleset facets (with the exception of New Haven)

The above is a must. When you sign up for factions you sign up for non-consentual PvP. Currently there's no risk for those players who have only joined factions for the faction artifacts. Allowing PvP in Trammel ruleset facets would bring back the risk into risk vs. reward.

For those saying "But Faction PvP in Trammel will attract griefers killing players while they are fighting mobs in dungeons" my answer is this: no one is forcing you to take part in the factions. There's also 5 character slots on default - use a non-faction character.

Get rid of these war-zone kill bonuses, give players more incentive to hold, defend and capture the cities with city-basic bonuses.

Yew: board vendors (Ash, Oak, Yew, Heartwood, Frostwood), ML reagent vendors (ML regs which you get from LJ'ing).

Minoc: Colored Ore/Ingot vendors, ML gems and so on.

As for the pricing.. Devs should make a system which calculates the average price of a said material across all shards. For plain resources (wood, ingots) the price should be 10x of what the average price on player vendors is. For ML gems and other special ingredients it should be 5x the avg. price of player vendors.

So if the average price of Ash wood would be 10gp across all shards the price would be 100gp per board on faction vendors.

Say an Ecru Citrine costs 50k average on player vendors, the price would be 250k on faction vendors.

This kind of system would also act as a huge money sink draining insane amounts of gold out of the game affecting the economy in a positive way (less money there is the valuable money becomes).
I like u. what shard are u on?

Z

Zyon Rockler

Ok, so the issues i'm seeing are,

1. Implement a type of skill level for rank, since that's kinda hard to do, they could use karma=level. So, to keep rank you also need karma.

Order=Glorious Lord, Chaos=Dread Lord, Neutral, can use both. So, if you lose Lord you also level down your rank.

2. Crafting, Smith or Tailor use a base forge or other tools, like a mortar and pestal could be locked down in a room with endless use. So, crafting there and you would receive a bonus. More resist, less failing.

Possible specials with unique colors, like an arty, so, crafting would be a great bonus if done in the Stronghold. So, if your making katanas at the base forge you have a chance of making the blade of insanity with your name on it.

3. Healing they could give a bonus for every 50 different names or every 3,000 heals. Does not need to be every little heal.

4. They can keep the Sigs, but I would not make my main goal to steal or kill. Fortifying and Defending have more meaning.

5. I like the idea by Cardell, to need a skill.

I think, casting on something repeatedly, maybe to open a Sig in a small amount of time, like skill Magery

6. Skills being useful is important, but should be a bonus, not the necessity. Like a bonus to unlock a chest or dispher a map that shows where silver may be hidden in an enemy base.

7. Factions should be the best guild for even new players. Towns add tactical and allow for roleplaying battles.

8. Resources, place a mine and some trees and enrich it in the radius of the base, better chance for gems, etc... Can be non faction would just add another bonus to people willing to take the risk.

9. I like having something like a flag in my opinion, you hold the town so long and it resets. Everything else is just added on for more bonuses and things you can do.

10. Unlocks, small timers that allow you to take control of a weapon or an object that is part of your enemies base, or even a simple button that can be pressed, that could summon spawn with your tag equal to your rank.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so the issues i'm seeing are,

1. Implement a type of skill level for rank, since that's kinda hard to do, they could use karma=level. So, to keep rank you also need karma.

Order=Glorious Lord, Chaos=Dread Lord, Neutral, can use both. So, if you lose Lord you also level down your rank.

2. Crafting, Smith or Tailor use a base forge or other tools, like a mortar and pestal could be locked down in a room with endless use. So, crafting there and you would receive a bonus. More resist, less failing.

Possible specials with unique colors, like an arty, so, crafting would be a great bonus if done in the Stronghold. So, if your making katanas at the base forge you have a chance of making the blade of insanity with your name on it.

3. Healing they could give a bonus for every 50 different names or every 3,000 heals. Does not need to be every little heal.

4. They can keep the Sigs, but I would not make my main goal to steal or kill. Fortifying and Defending have more meaning.

5. I like the idea by Cardell, to need a skill.

I think, casting on something repeatedly, maybe to open a Sig in a small amount of time, like skill Magery

6. Skills being useful is important, but should be a bonus, not the necessity. Like a bonus to unlock a chest or dispher a map that shows where silver may be hidden in an enemy base.

7. Factions should be the best guild for even new players. Towns add tactical and allow for roleplaying battles.

8. Resources, place a mine and some trees and enrich it in the radius of the base, better chance for gems, etc... Can be non faction would just add another bonus to people willing to take the risk.

9. I like having something like a flag in my opinion, you hold the town so long and it resets. Everything else is just added on for more bonuses and things you can do.

10. Unlocks, small timers that allow you to take control of a weapon or an object that is part of your enemies base, or even a simple button that can be pressed, that could summon spawn with your tag equal to your rank.
1. So Necros can't have levels? Thats silly!

2. I know exactly where I would place my stealth archer....

3. Why are we giving ppl bonuses for healing? Isnt their friends not being dead a good enough award? Stop being greedy with this stuff ppl. There is no need to reward ppl for healing.

4. They better not change sigs to much... OMG... SO HELP ME GOD IF THEY **** THE THIEVES I WILL S**T ALL OVER THESE BOARDS UNTIL KELMO'S FINGERS BLEED!

5. Thanks I like my idea too. Which one!? There are so many good ones. You're thinking about the one where we tie JC the builder down and rip his computer apart in front of him and post the video of him crying on youtube? Yeah that's a good one.

6. Go into a bit more detail. I really think they should incorporate every skill into the factions some way but I'm not exactly smelling what your steppin in..

7. Whoa Nelly.. NO R word on these forums.. Their be griefers about!

8. Explain more.

9. Flags? Explain more.

10. It would be cool if I could pick up Lord British's Throne and break it over Nonel's back.. lolz. I love you Nonel, I would feel bad afterwards but it would funny and definitely worth it.

Z

Zara

There is going to be no easy answer in any of this. Factions have been screwed up for quite some time now so getting them fixed is not going to happen over night or in one miracle publish.

I disagree with the post about non faction players having a say in factions. There are several other facets for non pvp/faction players to play and they far outnumber us. However, Siege is a different animal and needs to be looked at separately from the rest of the shards.

No matter what they do there will be people who will be unhappy because let's face it. There is absolutely no way they will ever please us all. We need to be thinking smart and coming up with constructive ideas that we can all agree on and hopefully the developers will take into account what we the players feel is a happy middle ground.

Again, I ask to leave us healers alone! We're doing fine and as a matter of fact if I need rank or points for something then the people I work so hard to keep alive always make sure I'm taken care of. So there is yet another way healers are rewarded, the players we heal honor us in other ways. This was built into the system for that reason.

Crafters in factions need points for what exactly? It's not like they are going to throw on their best armor and charge into battle! I have a faction crafter and she's used to make traps, items and what ever else is needed. She never sees any enemy besides the next door neighbor and I'm not stupid enough to walk her out the door!

Thieves needed love for points because they are an essential and vital part of factions and some of the thieves (You leave Nonel alone Cardell! or... else!) are actually quite tricky enough to get some good kills in. If you don't believe me then you have never fought against Nonel.

But the support characters are just that. I beg the Dev's not to screw up the point system so badly that in the end the points mean less than they do currently.

As for new bases? I think it's a good idea. I think that in the very least the current bases need some serious revamping. Each one has it's own unique qualities but one should not be significantly easier to defend or raid then the other. In my opinion COM got the short end of the stick where bases are concerned and even more so when the blew Magencia off the face of the lands and filled it with the stupid creatures.

Where they would they put new bases? I have no idea but I think maybe it would be a good idea to hear what the rest of us think on this. Where would be a good area and what would we like to see for each base?

3 factions? Yikes, that seems a little strange to me simply because I'm so used to what we have. If this is the decision that is made I certainly hope there is a very good and valid story line to accompany such a radical change.

All in all, factions needs a face lift and I am willing to step out on the ledge and try something new that the Dev's can come up with, I would just like for us to be able to help in that process.

V

Vyal

The only thing that needs to be done is allow faction fighting on all facets, no more needs to be done... Add a Ter Mur faction also so gargs can get some faction armor then it's all good.

Z

Zyon Rockler

Necros would be able to level. They would have to be in the Chaos or Neutral Faction because they would have negative karma. It would not make sense to put a murderer in the Order Faction because the Order Faction would be positive karma.

You would level as you gained in points and karma or negative karma. I hope that clears things up for you.

Flags are used to mark territory. Once an area is captured the flag represents who occupies the area. Capture the flag makes more sense than a Sigal, like we have currently in my opinion because it is much easier to step in one's territory to declare war than it is to steal something from them. When you steal something nobody knows about it. When you come into somebody's territory everyone is alerted and you declare war.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing that needs to be done is allow faction fighting on all facets, no more needs to be done... Add a Ter Mur faction also so gargs can get some faction armor then it's all good.
lol.. Theres plenty that needs to be fixed...

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Necros would be able to level. They would have to be in the Chaos or Neutral Faction because they would have negative karma. It would not make sense to put a murderer in the Order Faction because the Order Faction would be positive karma.

You would level as you gained in points and karma or negative karma. I hope that clears things up for you.

Flags are used to mark territory. Once an area is captured the flag represents who occupies the area. Capture the flag makes more sense than a Sigal, like we have currently in my opinion because it is much easier to step in one's territory to declare war than it is to steal something from them. When you steal something nobody knows about it. When you come into somebody's territory everyone is alerted and you declare war.
I don't like the idea. Sorry.. Anything based off karma is weak because most necro mages fluxuate in karma.. its just too easily gained and lost.. I think its a bad idea.

The flag idea is sort of like King of the Hill or Domination in FPS games.. Thats kind of how it is now tho isnt it? What ever faction owns the sigil the monolith turns that factions color.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope they make new islands, and build faction bases fortresses on them. only way to get to them is to use a faction rune,faction boat, or the main moon gate. on the moon gate gump would be factions you click on that, and it would show a choice of each Faction Island to go to. Only players in factions will be able to access the faction moon gates. If a non faction player tries to go to a faction island they get the message you need to be in factions to enter the faction gates. faction boats will only be able to be used by players who are in factions, if a non faction player is on a faction boat, soon as the boat moves the boat spits them off and they get the message *phewy* your not in factions get off me. faction boats will have to be dry docked at enemy faction islands so there is no blocking. the boats will blow up, or catch on fire, and sink. if your on the boat when it blows up, or catches on fire your sent to a shrine. Every faction base will get faction fortress guards. or none is also ok to. to me that would be fun.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
During faction testing on Test Center, originally you could not use moongates to transport sigils. So you would have to use boats to go from Moonglow and Magincia. For whatever reason they decided to allow moongate use. I think it would be more interesting without it.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do not give more ways to get points! OMG NO!!! Let the theives keep there points. maybe reduce the number down to 1 point. No mutiplying bonus BS anymore.

Give us some more incentives to own the towns. Be cool for sure. No ideas atm.

Reduce stat loss time too 10 mins. This still makes folks have to sit out if they go into stat and do not want to conitnue figthing, but not enough to make them get off comp while char unstats and go watch TV....

I say this from the point that I play on Sonoma. Have two guilds that do factions. COP and SCAM. One is MX and one is SL. They both rarely come around without 2-5 people with them. I run in a guild that at most usually feilds 5-6. Average is around 2-4 online. Both of theother guilds are capable of fielding 10+ during primetime. Lots of ganking action going on. Not oging to lie. I do get killed, but I think with a 10 minute timer would show a bit more interest in them. Right now the guild I am in, most of our chars are not in factions for this reason. We have to compete against them and there factoin arties on non factoin chars or get put in stat on faction chars. Most of the folks I play with would go factoins on all toon if was not for constantly being in stat due too figthing 2-3 v 1.

S

SUPRsalad

Just wanted to throw my hat in here and say:

DO NOT change the number of factions.. If anything, add another! Shouldn't Ter Mur get their own faction?

Also, Can the gargoyles get some friggin faction items please??!

S

SUPRsalad

also yeah, reducing that stat time to ten would be great.
Ten is a sufficient slap on the wrist, 20 usually is sufficient to just log..

Also, a timer on stat would be sick.. put it in the buff/debuff bar?

Z

Zyon Rockler

I do not think Sigils are anything like capture the flag at all, except, they're used to control a town.

Sigils are more like doom artifacts with shorter timers. I never made a Doom thief because to me it's just to boring to wait days on end at a chance at something I might not ever get.

I went to my Stronghold yesterday, walked around, checked out my faction stone to see who had control of what cities, waited around, waited alittle more, then I decided to check out the other bases, no one was around. So, I decided to go kill some daemons at daemon temple. Loaded 10k silver and I was even carrying things that I could lose, just to reward those who wished to kill me. Nothing happened. I saw one guy in all of Fel, as I was out running around, who just continued off screen, not even a Hello.

So, in my opinion Sigs suck unless your into Doom artifacts. I imagine if I had a thief, I could of taken the little stones but I really don't see the point.

With capture the flag, once you step into the area, everyone is alerted and in a few seconds everyone who is online and wishes to defend or attack is there. As soon as you step onto the territory, their flag starts to drop, similar to BattleField. Once your flag is raised you control that Stronghold. This is continuious, you don't have to wait, all you have to do is step into their territory.

With Sigs, you have to wait a few hours or something like that, so basically you spend alot of time doing nothing. Why would I play a game to do nothing? I'll go to my faction hold again tonight and look for some people to PvP with but my guess is if I find someone, i'll probably die and then have to go sit out for 20 minutes, maybe have time for one more death because 40 minutes is my boredom level. So, really, can someone show me the fun.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do not give more ways to get points! OMG NO!!! Let the theives keep there points. maybe reduce the number down to 1 point. No mutiplying bonus BS anymore.

Give us some more incentives to own the towns. Be cool for sure. No ideas atm.

Reduce stat loss time too 10 mins. This still makes folks have to sit out if they go into stat and do not want to conitnue figthing, but not enough to make them get off comp while char unstats and go watch TV....

I say this from the point that I play on Sonoma. Have two guilds that do factions. COP and SCAM. One is MX and one is SL. They both rarely come around without 2-5 people with them. I run in a guild that at most usually feilds 5-6. Average is around 2-4 online. Both of theother guilds are capable of fielding 10+ during primetime. Lots of ganking action going on. Not oging to lie. I do get killed, but I think with a 10 minute timer would show a bit more interest in them. Right now the guild I am in, most of our chars are not in factions for this reason. We have to compete against them and there factoin arties on non factoin chars or get put in stat on faction chars. Most of the folks I play with would go factoins on all toon if was not for constantly being in stat due too figthing 2-3 v 1.
No reducing stat loss. Thats bull****. Way to try and slip that in there like its a half decent idea... NICE TRY!