• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania down again

Bryson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Oceanian's
I complained to EA games and was escalated and the following is what I got in response. Escalate as you see fit. As follows:

Jane: Hi, my name is Jane. How may I help you?

Oceania shard: hi Jane :)

Oceania shard: The Oceania Server is down and have submitted a previous question XXXXXX-XXXXXX but doing the trace and to submit I couldnt.

Oceania shard: hello?

Jane: Yes

Oceania shard: Can I just say, Oceania crashes for hours at a time because the shard is down yet again. If you need trace I will submit

Jane: I sincerely regret any inconvenience caused due to this issue.

Jane: May I know your email address of EA account

Oceania shard: Jane I am serious it happens every weekend

Oceania shard: DELETED as personal details

Jane: and please provide me the UO trace

Oceania shard: sure

The file Oceania server 28 May 2011.txt (2.83KB) was received.

Oceania shard: I dont know how much more i can help you with. The Oceania Server is just not there for us.

Jane: Can you please stay online while I investigate this issue further?

Oceania shard: sure

Jane: for your issue, i am redirecting your issue to tier 2 for further review

Oceania shard: oh ok...went to tier 3 is tier 2 gonna be faster???

Jane: Ok

Jane: I really appreciate your time and patience.

Jane: I would need to transfer this issue to tier 3.

Oceania shard: This is seriously frustrating because this isnt the first weekend it has happened, be about the 4th.

Jane: Please allow me transfer this chat

Oceania shard: sure thank u

Jane has disconnected.

Johnathan N.: Hi, my name is Johnathan N.. How may I help you?

Johnathan N.: Please give me a moment while I review the Chat Log so that I can understand exactly what the issue you are having is today and the troubleshooting steps that have already been done. Your time is very valuable to me and I do not want to waste it by doing troubleshooting steps we have already followed through with.

Please take note of the following Chat ID: 7XXXXX. This will be very important if you happen to get disconnected anytime during this chat or need to refer back to this same issue. You can always get back in contact with Live Chat and give the next Agent your ID so you do not need to re-explain anything.

Oceania shard: hey Jonathan.

Oceania shard: Oceania server is down and it seems to happen every weekend that I play and for the weekend but there are some who play on shard for longer then me and hours on end. It is still not up as I type.

Johnathan N.: I do understand how frustrating this can be, and I will do everything I can to help get this issue resolved for you today.

Johnathan N.: Have you turned off your firewalls?

Oceania shard: johnathan i have played this game for ever...the server is not there for anyone in Oceania atm...or the players who use other ways to communicate.

Oceania shard: the guys in guild who have not got it on their list and neither do i...suggest u try and log on to oceania to see issue

Oceania shard: can u see that we cant log into Oceania at all???

Johnathan N.: No, I can not.

Oceania shard: claps :) neither can the other players on shard :)

Oceania shard: This happens ALL the time...

Johnathan N.: Please give me just a moment while I look into this further.

Oceania shard: thank u ... i haveto report back :)

Johnathan N.: Can you take a 'screenshot' of the "Game screen" and send it to me? Then I can see what you're seeing, and that will help me get a good idea on where to start in troubleshooting this problem with you.

To save a screenshot, simply hit the 'PRINT SCREEN' key when the screen you want to save appears.
The Print Screen key is usually located above the arrow keys on most keyboards.

To save the screenshot:
1. Click the 'START' button.
2. Choose 'RUN'.
3. Type 'MSPAINT' in the text field.
4. Click the [OK] button and Microsoft Paint will open.
5. Once PAINT has opened, click the 'EDIT' menu and click 'PASTE'.
6. It may ask if you want to enlarge the bitmap, go ahead and click YES.
7. Once the screen appears, click 'File' on the top menu, then 'Save'
8. Give the file a name, and choose '.jpg' or 'jpeg' as the file type.
9. Click [save] and make sure to save the file somewhere on your computer where you can find it.
10. Go ahead and upload the screenshot to the Live Chat.

Oceania shard: Jonathan can I just say I tried to do this but if you are finding you cant get the server wouldnt u have a "direct" attachment of what "We on Oceania"are going thru...therefore dont need MSPAINT?

Oceania shard: I seriously think you guys are diverting from the real issue....!! Been here for the last hour and half and your asking me to copy u into details. This wouldnt happen in real life customer service!

Johnathan N.: I do not have access to the game.

Johnathan N.: Nor the access to see if the server is down.

Oceania shard: well how can u assist? I cannot feel the amount of time I am devoting to copying and pasting will get me past you. I have a ventrilo server if you would like to hear the complaints about the server... Aside from this, if I do this, how quick can u solve the issue. I DO NOT want to be here for another 2 hours!

Oceania shard: Oceania server has suffered through enough EA GAMES crap! and I for one am tired of it - representing players on Oceania shard. How soon can you get our shard up??? Oceania server btw no other server!

Johnathan N.: The reason I ask for the screen shot is so that I can send the information up to the developers to look into the issue. There is nothing I can do to get the server back up.

Oceania shard: sigh! so $30 per month multiplied by $30 per char... is enough for us to join WoW!!! I will get u the information but, how soon can you get our server up???? bear with me!

Johnathan N.: I do not know unfortunately. I do not know what they are capable of doing. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Oceania shard: Johnathan can I just say its not me only, there is a whole shard who cant log on atm so I think regardless of there being screenshot, which seems I cant do, can you escalate this issue for me please!

Johnathan N.: No problem. They will contact you via email within the next 3-5 days.

Oceania shard: I have characters in game and on vent angered about Oceania server and saying they are tired of this game and gonna leave. Sad thing is I finally got players from WoW to come back and Oceania is down and cant accept them or is stable. Can I add, I am unable to print screen from my computer...I am unsure why.

Oceania shard: omg so I cant play the game for 3-5 days???

Oceania shard: I will post this on stratics let me advise if this is the case

Oceania shard: I feel I am representing Oceania shard so will post this whole conversation on the stratics website. If you cannot fix I want you to escalate this now please, so we can enjoy this game as others do :)

Oceania shard: Want this fixed tonight not in 3-5 days!

Johnathan N.: I apologize, but they receive a lot of incidents and need time to investigate the issue. That is why it may take them up to 3-5 days to respond to you.

Oceania shard: This is a SHARD not an individual incident! OMG are u serious Johnathan...

Oceania shard: Do you understand if it was Siege or Atlantic OR another big shard ...how fast would it happen? seriously?

Oceania shard: how can I personally escalate this issue now, not waiting the required time right now.

Johnathan N.: Yes, but there is nothing I can do to get the server back up.

Oceania shard: johnathan, please escalate me to someone now who can help or I haveto tell the players on Oceania to cop the flack for what we pay to play? I know I dont wish to shoot messenger but who can I escalate this issue to NOW :)

Johnathan N.: I am the highest level of support you can talk to on chat.

Johnathan N.: The only thing I can do is send the information up to the developers.

Oceania shard: So as with last weekend and weekend before, we are to do without our server for another term.....!!! I have alot of players not happy and recommend, you visit UO stratics Oceania for what the characters feel about this issue. Johnathan, we have been fed alot of crap about server moving and put up with lag and missed our online events because of our issues, still giving EA Games our monthly subscriptions. I hope you escalate this issue so Oceania comes back online

Oceania shard: Thanks for your time, and ultimately for nothing more then wanting more copy and paste

Johnathan N.: I apologize, I will be sending this information

Oceania shard:Thanks Johnathan as I will be sending this to Oceania stratics... not as a threat but to keep everyone informed :)

If anyone wants to add anything to this from Oceania please do so!

Pls not I wiped details from convo but if u require to escalate please let me know :)

I just want my shard back!

Isaac OC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the point of skipping tier2, to talk to a tier3, who also only can do what a tier1 does? Maybe you should aim for a tier10 !

Thank you for doing this Bryson, I'm amazed on how you still can keep calm throughout the conversation, it seems you've been stood up for a while for every reply you've done.

He's probably done, "mm.. damn, what's this Ultima Online? Hey guys, do you know where can I find the questions to ask about Ultima Online? No? I did check but it's nothing there? Should I bother my tier20 with this? Mm.. they are not online yet, oh well, I'll just ask for a screenshot (like I usually do)."

(Upon receiving email) A tier4: "An email forwarded by Johnathan N, *slurping coffee* Titled: Cannot find Oceania on server list, please ask tier20, oh the game is Ultima something, where to find?" *another slurp.. emptying the whole cup*.

(typing.. typing..)
"Dear Johny N(oob), What's for the weekend? I think you meant Ultima Online, it's an old game, try the archived folder. Silly boy, tier20 is a myth, you can only get to tier19, and it will be me, just keep transfering the calls around, you'll end up at my phone, or perhaps one of my team. If it goes to voicemail, that would probably the tier20, haha! Just kidding. Have you asked the person to scroll up and down? Why the ping time is ridicilously high to this so called, Sakura? Oh wait, i'm tier4, keeping it to your boundary is a virtue. How about you reply, we have forwarded this to our network engineer to investigate, which is the only team that can investigate server connectivity issue, sorry for any trouble. The End ! Problem solved ! The server should be up and running by tomorrow anyway. So, where were we, oh yes, weekend, do you want to go fishing with us? How many active chats you have so far? I got like 20 man! oh damn i have to reply to this one, so many hellos, ah well he's gone now."

S

Sioned

Pretty unbelievable really...I was anticipating Sunday's crash by making other plans :) But i did however intend on playing all Saturday night and finally work on my house design in Magicinia..This really isn't good enough we should be getting discounts for the down time..I really don't know what we can do about all this as no one with any real authority can be contacted especially when you cannot even get into the game..Im over it..i'll see how all this goes over the next couple of months and if it stays like this i'll leave the game..if i do bring plenty of packies cause when my place goes IDOC you will go mad :) Anyway come on EA pull your finger out of your arse and find a decent place to host the server already..not happy.

G

Goat Blood

Well, I started playing UO again yesterday after many years only to find that the server is mis-behaving and it appears to be a regular occurance.

Does this really occur every weekend ?

R

Rx4

Well done Bryson, what a frustrating conversation though hey! Mspaint, is the guy for real, it's the whole shard :)

Anyway, I have personally emailed EA about this issue 3 times now with no response, I honestly does look to me as though they are just happy leaving the issue as is rather then going to any effort or expense to resolve it. In a couple of the emails I warned I would seek legal action on behalf of all the players, I now believe it is time for me to take it further.

I am going to attempt to contact EA by phone, if I am not given any response, or reasonable explaination for why this is happening and information in regards to the problem being resolved, then I will seek legal representation. The thought of a "class" action against EA is somewhat exciting. Every current Oceania account x 5-6months worth of subscriptions can certainly add up to a fair amount.
Does anyone know how many accounts are currently open on Oceania?

R

Rx4

Ok I have really had enough of this whole Oceania Server issue, I am now a "man on a mission" and once I focus on something there is no stopping.

I again tried to contact EA via phone which went through to a recorded voice saying I was contacting out of hours, so I jumped on the chat to take it as high as I can go. Two hours later......

Jennifer: Hi, my name is Jennifer. How may I help you?

Cam: Hi Jennifer, how are you?

Jennifer: Hello Cameron I am good

Jennifer: How are you?

Cam: I am very well thankyou, thanks for asking

Jennifer: Welcome

Jennifer: May I know your issue?

Cam: I am contacting to ask if EA are aware of the Oceania Ultima Online server has crashed again?

Jennifer: Please wait let me check this as I am not very sure about this

Cam: ok, thank you

Jennifer: Thank you for waiting

Cam: no problem

Jennifer: I have discussed it with my supervisor and he told that there are some problems Oceania Ultima Online server

Cam: There have been problems with the server since November/December

Jennifer: yes

Jennifer: I really apologize for the inconvenience caused but our engineers are working to fix it

Cam: This is a regular occurance, that is happening 1-3 times a week which EA simply seem to ignore

Cam: I have now sent EA 3 emails with no response, as have all the other players...EA seem to be turning a blind eye to the issue

Jennifer: I am so sorry but there is nothing like that I really apologize for this

Cam: I know it is not your fault Jennifer

Jennifer: I am forwarding this to the concerned department now

Cam: would you supervisor be available?

Cam: I believe EA should be made aware that I am now seeking legal action to make a class action complaint against EA

Jennifer: Please wait

Cam: and we will be seeking reimbursement of all paid account subsciption money since December

You are currently number 17 in the queue.You should be connected to an expert in about 21 minutes.The average amount of time a customer has to wait is 27 minutes.

Daniel B.: Hi, my name is Daniel B.. How may I help you?

Cam: Hi Daniel

Daniel B.: Please give me a moment while I review the Chat Log so that I can understand exactly what the issue you are having is today and the troubleshooting steps that have already been done. Your time is very valuable to me and I do not want to waste it by doing troubleshooting steps we have already followed through with.

Cam: We have had an ongoing issue with the Oceania Ultima Online server since November 2010, unfortunately EA seem to be nothing to resolve the problem.

Cam: correction, seem = are not doing anything to resolve the problem

Daniel B.: Please take note of the following Chat ID: 719288. This will be very important if you happen to get disconnected anytime during this chat or need to refer back to this same issue. You can always get back in contact with Live Chat and give the next Agent your ID so you do not need to re-explain anything.

Cam: ok, thanks

Cam: May I please ask of your position in EA?

Daniel B.: I am the highest Level of support, Chat Tier 2

Cam: Ok, thank you

Cam: Can I also please ask that this conversation and what it relates to be taken those higher than you?

Cam: Because this is a serious issue that needs to be solved

Daniel B.: I don't understand can you clarify ?

Cam: Certainly, I would like to ask that at the end of this coversation you can assure me that the context of this conversation is presented to someone higher than you, your manager for eg.

Daniel B.: Yeah, I can let them know and leave your feedback for our other teams

Cam: Thank you.. no offence to you but I think it definitely needs to be presented to those above you as we are now looking to seek legal action against EA. but anyway please allow me to explain the issue

Cam: Since Nov/Dec of last year we have had constant issues with the Oceania Ultima Online server

Cam: EA originally tried to relocate the server from Australia to the USA which resulted in major lag and connection problems

Cam: The decision was made to bring the server back to Australia, however this whole process caused a downtime (when I say downtime I refer to the game being unplayable) of approximately 6 weeks

Cam: The server was relocated to a new host in Australia and since then we have had nothing but ongoing issues which EA have not resolved

Cam: Countless emails have been sent from all players on the shards, numerous posts to all the forums, and multiple attempts made via this chat and phone to have the issue resolved, however EA have not even attempted to resolve the issue now for 3-4 months

Daniel B.: I can take down all this information to be review by our management team

Cam: The Oceania server goes down (crashes) at least twice a week, during the week it generally takes between 2-6hours to be fixed, on the weekends it goes down for days at a time

Cam: As an example, the server crashed yesterday at approximately 6:00pm AEST time, it is now 7:00am AEST and the server is still down

Cam: 11 hours later

Cam: And this happens every weekend

Cam: And when the server is up and running there are major lag issues, and big disconnection problems with people getting randomly kicked from the server and unable to rejoin

Cam: We simply find it unacceptable that EA has left this problem ongoing since it all first began in Nov 2010, 6 months ago, with people screeming for it to be resolved

Cam: And due I am now seeking legal respresentation to take class action against EA in which we will be seeking reimbursement of all account subscription fees from November 2010

Cam: It is unacceptable that we pay $30/month per account to not be able to play the game

Cam: I myself have attempted to ring EA on several occasions, I have sent 3 emails and had no response

Daniel B.: I do understand how frustrating this can be, not being able tp play your game and I do apologize

Cam: No offence but I think this is a little more serious than just an apology

Cam: I am asking you to provide this information to someone higher than you

Cam: And I would like that person to contact me

Cam: I (we as a the Oceania server) want to know what is being down to resolve this problem?

Cam: And I don't think it is something you are able to answer

Daniel B.: I will escalate your issue to be reviewed

Daniel B.: but I would like you to run a Uo trace

Cam: I am sorry Daniel but that is not acceptable

Cam: UO trace has been done a million times

Daniel B.: What else do you want ?

Cam: I would like to speak to someone higher than you

Cam: This issue needs to be resolved

Cam: Instead of EA constantly brushing us off

Cam: Can I ask you, do you believe it to be acceptable that a server has been unplayable for 6 months?

Daniel B.: No, if you are paying for a service you are not receiving I apologize and I hope there is some way we can compensate you.

Daniel B.: When I mentioned it would be escalated, that means they will contact you in email about it.

Cam: We have been told that before, I am sorry

Cam: In fact we have been told that exact thing for the last 3-4 months and nothing is donw

Cam: done

Cam: And no one contacts

Daniel B.: do you have a reference number from one of these cases ?

Cam: I have a copy of all the emails I have sent yes

Cam: And I can get the reference numbers for the other complaints people have made if need be

Daniel B.: ok

Cam: Do EA have an official complaints department?

Cam: A customer relations team?

Cam: Surely EA must have an official process for lodging a formal complaint which by law is bound to be resolved?

Daniel B.: The Support team handles these issues

Cam: The support team never reply

Cam: I would like to make a formal complaint

Cam: Something that must be addressed

Cam: As an example, I work for one of Australia's largest companies, we have a specific complaint process in which if I can't resolve the complaint it goes to my manager, if the manager can't it goes to our complaints department and beyond that it goes to a Government board to be addressed. Each tier has a certain timeframe in which they have to review the complaint. Does EA have a similar process?

Daniel B.: I can get your issue into the correct department

Cam: And will that department contact me? And do they have a timeframe in which they must contact me?

Daniel B.: I'm not sure of the timeframe

Cam: Can I please check with you Daniel, do you understand that I am 100% serious when I am telling you we are going to take legal action against EA?

Daniel B.: I understand and I will still help you as best I can to assist you

Cam: I am sorry but there must be another avenue or another department to discuss this with. Surely when EA have been informed that legal action is going to sort against them it is not just a matter of "chat" on the internet?

Cam: There has to be another department I can contact in regards to this?

Cam: Do you have a manager available?

Daniel B.: Your lawyer's can contact our legal department, but I can not speak for them or the matters relating to it.

Cam: I understand

Daniel B.: I am the highest level

Cam: You must report to someone?

Daniel B.: I don't have anyone above me at the moment

Cam: With you at present or in a chain of management?

Cam: Every company has a hierarchy, I would like to speak to the person above you please

Daniel B.: I'm the highest level of support available, there is no department that directly talks to customers, it's my job to handle these issues and there is 1 member above me here I can see if he is available but he is going to tell you the same thing I have.

Cam: I would like to speak to that person thank you

Daniel B.: Please give me just a moment while I look into this for you.

Cam: (I am not having a go at you by the way Daniel, you have been excellent, but I feel with EA it is just a lot of closed doors and people hiding behind them)

Daniel B.: He is not available, sorry

Cam: I am happy to wait

Daniel B.: He is not my supervisor, I don't have one he is the same level as I am he advised me to tell you that he can not take over the chat for me because He is not a supervisor

Cam: What is his position?

Daniel B.: Chat level 2 same as me

Cam: Ok, so who is your manager?

Daniel B.: I do not have one

Cam: You must have someone above you

Daniel B.: There is no one here that manages me, There is a separate team I can forward this information to, but they are not here and they are not Chat

Cam: Can I please have the contact details for someone from that team? Or have someone from that team contact me? I when I ask contact me I don't mean a generic EA email, I would actually like that person to call me or officially reply.

Daniel B.: They, will send you an email it's not for me to decide about what information they can send you.

Cam: What is the name of that team please?

Daniel B.: it will be from the Tier 3 escalation team. They only work from email not phone or chat

Cam: Ok thank you

Cam: And is there any reference to this complaint? And can you guarantee that you will forward it to the correct peron/s?
Cam: **person/s

Daniel B.: The chat id is 7***** and yes I will send it to the proper team

Cam: Thank you

Daniel B.: Is there anything else I can help you with ?

Cam: No that is all thanks Daniel. I understand that you are front-line staff so to speak but this issue needs to go a lot higher than you

Daniel B.: Great, well thanks for chatting with me and I was glad I was able to help you. You should be getting a survey in your e-mail for our chat and if you could fill that out it would be great. I will also be sending you an e-mail with the chat log in it. You can go ahead and press the disconnect button to exit the chat. Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Live Chat. Have a great day!

Cam: Lol, more generic EA
Cam: That's actually a little insulting
Cam: But anyway, thanks Daniel.
Daniel B.: bye

I am going to keep at this and not stop until EA are transparent in what they are doing to fix the server!

X

Xaniya

well done guys but yea this issue is really getting frustrating and we are still not on the list *sigh*

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am going to keep at this and not stop until EA are transparent in what they are doing to fix the server!
As we all should. If I get a chance at work today, I will get involved with this.

Bryson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh for patience sakes!!! A full night sleep to wake and find Oceania still isnt on the shard list.

Sounds like EA games has turned into the Tax department, doesnt it? :) Will act if your account isnt paid and bloody hell, dont miss a payment or your account is suspended. But make a complaint and you are shuffled around from one area to another!

So obviously the "fat cats" in the production area are enjoying the gold from Maginicia plots and sipping their champagne in celebration forgetting about one of the shards who gave them their coffers.

I am tired of bloody complaining as I am sure everyone reading this can relate.

Seriously, if it wasnt for the people on Oceania who's spirit keeps the shard alive I would pull the pin on my account and say farewell to Ultima Online for good.

Just give us some real, old fashioned customer service EA! You know...respond????

Isaac OC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, my name is (replace with your allocated name of the day). How may I help you?

Please give me a moment while I review the Chat Log so that I can understand exactly what the issue you are having is today and the troubleshooting steps that have already been done. Your time is very valuable to me and I do not want to waste it by doing troubleshooting steps we have already followed through with.

Please take note of the following Chat ID: (replace with Chat ID). This will be very important if you happen to get disconnected anytime during this chat or need to refer back to this same issue. You can always get back in contact with Live Chat and give the next Agent your ID so you do not need to re-explain anything.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can ping the server, but i am getting a ping of 185. Is the server back up? Or is it under some sort of attack? Causing the server to go into a sort of "safe mode"?

Bryson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isnt this laughable!!! Great imitation there Issac ;)

Nope still not working so your pinging into the realms of the unknown! 11:30am Darwin NT time and it dropped off list about 12 hours ago now.

Wondering, does the host of the server still get paid if they stop winding the elastic bands so the cogs turn?

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isnt this laughable!!! Great imitation there Issac ;)

Nope still not working so your pinging into the realms of the unknown! 11:30am Darwin NT time and it dropped off list about 12 hours ago now.

Wondering, does the host of the server still get paid if they stop winding the elastic bands so the cogs turn?
It has been a little longer then 12 hours. I came home lastnight at 10pm(sydney time) and it was down then. It is now 12noon sunday. So Its been down longer then 14 hours.

T

Turbo

It went down at 9pm, i know cos im expecting a ghost and lost items if it ever comes back

V

Venus_AUPK

It went down just as I crashed Held / Princess doing Destard putting money on 2 corpses n a heap of lost PvP supplies.

15 hours now and not a word from EA / Mythic BS!

Althalus -VKR-

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, was just loaded up with loot :)
There is a chance the server will come back online a couple of mins prior to your death, so you may be lucky.

So the server has been down 16 hours now, and no word on what is happening? My first thought last night when it went down was "FFS I bet this wont be back online till early monday morning", so id be shocked if it was back up anytime soon today.

It would be nice to know who actually looks after the server here in Australia, and why they are so slack that they cant even fix it, or know for that matter that its actually crashed at present.

Ive chosen a great period in time to return to UO haven't I? I've recently stoped playing Warhammer Online, as I was getting over the long grind that is MMOs these days, in favour of returning to a game that has given me such great memories over the years. Its starting to annoy the fark out of me now, and im usually a fairly patient person..

Come on Mythic pull your finger out of ya *$$*$

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It went down just as I crashed Held / Princess doing Destard putting money on 2 corpses n a heap of lost PvP supplies.

15 hours now and not a word from EA / Mythic BS!
The problem is it is apparently a Holiday weekend in the wonderful USA(/sarcasm). So getting anything more then a grunt from anyone is going to be difficult.

---

Thinking of reopening my WoW account. Atleast their servers are stable.

R

rottenbeggar

"sigh" I only just rejoined ultima three months ago after a two year break, so sad it still isnt top notch

W

warrigul

Well done to those who have officially complained about this matter.

Its still down.... midday in Perth!

I have 5 accounts and this is certainly becoming a financial issue.
I started on Oceanna 5 years ago, I have a lot of friends on this shard and it is for this very reasons that I have not just packed it in.

If EA are reading these posts..... C'mon guys, a little help eh!:gun:

X

Xaniya

wow cant believe this is still not fixed this is bs!!
maybe its time to start looking at other servers might be abit laggy but i would rather that atm then this rubbish !!

T

Turbo

I have had a look at other servers with the next best connection, Its quite playable on the japanese servers but i noticed a lot of their vendor descriptions are written in symbols that don't mean anything, obviously a language thing, is there any way around this.

T

Turbo

I'm also starting out on sakura for something to do while oceania is down, should form a guild there for oceania players or something so we can actually talk to someone that speaks english, rather than play like its single player :)

W

warrigul

I'm also starting out on sakura for something to do while oceania is down, should form a guild there for oceania players or something so we can actually talk to someone that speaks english, rather than play like its single player :)
I am also set up on Sakura and jump between Sak and Oc. By reading this thread it looks like quite a few of us are also playing on Sakura.
It would be good to have a guild there for Oceanian players. At least it would be somewhere to go when Oc is down. Also having english speaking guild friends there would be a great help.

My characters on Sakura are in The Third Legion guild there, same as Oceanna. Main character there is Ralph, so if ya see him on say hello. I am set up pretty well and can offer new players a bit of a hand.

Althalus -VKR-

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am also set up on Sakura and jump between Sak and Oc. By reading this thread it looks like quite a few of us are also playing on Sakura.
It would be good to have a guild there for Oceanian players. At least it would be somewhere to go when Oc is down. Also having english speaking guild friends there would be a great help.

My characters on Sakura are in The Third Legion guild there, same as Oceanna. Main character there is Ralph, so if ya see him on say hello. I am set up pretty well and can offer new players a bit of a hand.
I was on sakura before, id be keen to join a guild if one was created.. lol

E

exzul1

Ociana just isn't worth enough for them to give a crap, those guys you're spending hours chatting with are employed to tell you mmmhmmm that's nice, we're really sorry.... ( NOT )... My guess would be that Ea isn't paying a premium price to the host in australia and when the host gets packed, the lower priorty gets dropped... If infact it was a technical issue I'd say EVEN EA would have done something about it by now. I'm no technician, but I'm quite happy to believe this blindly and vent my anger at the system with random outspurts of troll raging, cursing, plate breaking, keyboard slaming and such things.
I'm sure there are good grounds for leagal action, but honestly... you play for leisure, and I don't think anyone wants to let their leisure activities turn into self inflicted pain that our medevil legal system inflicts upon us any time we engage in a fight for justice.
It's frusturating, but I'm happy that the sever is in australia and sometimes I do get good lag free gameplay where I'm not subject to a huge disadvantage against americans in pvp. (Yanks I An mani in your general direction)
I'm sure if everyone in ociana got together and sparked enough interest there would be some people who would be keen to organise hosting and maintaining a server... although to maintain such a thing there would need to be ongoing donations to support the people putting in the time... zzzzz doesn't really happen. there's always rl..... which can be kinda boring, I've been considering getting my saw and hammer out... craft myself some wepons and go ghanking in my local park.... Perhaps I could come across CERB, I would have more chance of a sucsessful ghank against this adversary Irl... yes... I'm nuts... give me back my shard DANMIT!

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ociana just isn't worth enough for them to give a crap, those guys you're spending hours chatting with are employed to tell you mmmhmmm that's nice, we're really sorry.... ( NOT )... My guess would be that Ea isn't paying a premium price to the host in australia and when the host gets packed, the lower priorty gets dropped... If infact it was a technical issue I'd say EVEN EA would have done something about it by now. I'm no technician, but I'm quite happy to believe this blindly and vent my anger at the system with random outspurts of troll raging, cursing, plate breaking, keyboard slaming and such things.
I'm sure there are good grounds for leagal action, but honestly... you play for leisure, and I don't think anyone wants to let their leisure activities turn into self inflicted pain that our medevil legal system inflicts upon us any time we engage in a fight for justice.
It's frusturating, but I'm happy that the sever is in australia and sometimes I do get good lag free gameplay where I'm not subject to a huge disadvantage against americans in pvp. (Yanks I An mani in your general direction)
I'm sure if everyone in ociana got together and sparked enough interest there would be some people who would be keen to organise hosting and maintaining a server... although to maintain such a thing there would need to be ongoing donations to support the people putting in the time... zzzzz doesn't really happen. there's always rl..... which can be kinda boring, I've been considering getting my saw and hammer out... craft myself some wepons and go ghanking in my local park.... Perhaps I could come across CERB, I would have more chance of a sucsessful ghank against this adversary Irl... yes... I'm nuts... give me back my shard DANMIT!
I would consider this stage 2 of the UO withdrawal.

Stage 1: Raging about EAs lack of support.
Stage 2: Talking about crafting weapons and going on a rampage in your local town, UO style.
Stage 3: Actually doing it...

P

Piccolo(UO:R)

Stage 2: Talking about crafting weapons and going on a rampage in your local town, UO style.
LOL

Althalus -VKR-

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
26 hours and counting now.. gonna be royally pi$$ed if I get home from work tommorow and still aint up.. #$%@ you EA!

S

Sioned

Pretty good idea about starting a char on Sakura people..Why not start a guild called AUS or whatever and every Sunday when the Oceania shard crashes as usual we could go there and give them hell :) come on we have to think positively..that way if they scrap the Oceania shard on us one day we have somewhere to go already..Lets show these Sakura players how we do things Aussie style..i wonder if all the people in different guilds can put aside their differences and unite under one guild..hmm probably not.

M

MoonBeam[TBD]

ya i'll be closeing two of my accounts this week... this is utter bs.

W

warrigul

Pretty good idea about starting a char on Sakura people..Why not start a guild called AUS or whatever and every Sunday when the Oceania shard crashes as usual we could go there and give them hell :) come on we have to think positively..that way if they scrap the Oceania shard on us one day we have somewhere to go already..Lets show these Sakura players how we do things Aussie style..i wonder if all the people in different guilds can put aside their differences and unite under one guild..hmm probably not.
Yeah good one AUS--Australians United on Sakura.:gun:

T

Turbo

Laggers Unite! lol only way we would create any hell with a slightly less dodgy ping than a US server would be outnumbering everyone :) The connection is playable, i just cant ride at mounted speed without jumping and pausing

W

warrigul

Laggers Unite! lol only way we would create any hell with a slightly less dodgy ping than a US server would be outnumbering everyone :) The connection is playable, i just cant ride at mounted speed without jumping and pausing
yeah its playable. I have been playing on Sakura for some time now but Oceanna will always be my primary shard.....my home if you like. I have 2 castles and a Luna town house on Oceanna.

The Third Legion used to have quite a few guildies playing on Sakura but they have all moved on now and I am the only one left from the guild using Sakura shard and it does get lonely.

I think the idea of an Aussie guild on Sakura is neat.

W

warrigul

I think the idea of an Aussie guild on Sakura is neat.
Dont get me wrong guys, I dont want to be responsible for anyone leaving Oceanna for good, and I do think Oceanna needs all the support it can get, but lets face it, if the shard is going to have these problems and be offline for long periods like now, then players are going to go elsewhere. All I am saying is Sakura is a good alternative while Oceanna is down.

Bryson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

lol Clog, thankfully I am still at stage 1 !

I dont care how long it takes, I am not leaving Oceania. I may be a guild leader of a small guild after all this but alas, Oceania is my shard and EA games can fix it. I read on another thread that it is down for an unknown amount of time. Sure, Ill log into other shards to see how my friends are going now and then but I am sticking to my guns. Being mindful of IDOC and the amount of crap I have in my homes, Ill suspend payments until such time as Oceania is back. I doubt they will transfer our chars to another server. With 3 accounts fully set up, thats alot of time and devotion and an absolute incovenience from a company I pay to give me leisure :). Frustration is at stage 2!

Might be time to get out that good book that I have been wanting to write ;)

X

Xaniya

I with ya Bry :)
Dont think ya will loose to many hun its more or less jus a rage but i am going to establish a character on another server for times like this .

Bryson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I with ya Bry :)
Dont think ya will loose to many hun its more or less jus a rage but i am going to establish a character on another server for times like this .
Still paying for Vent and UOcartographer so have "ïnvested" a bit into the guild :p

Funny thing is going to another server, we will be wearing paper again where a mongbat can flog ya... oh hang on :p sorry was channelling someone then :D haha

Off to work :(

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're looking for a shard to play on while Oceania is down, please don't overlook Siege. It's a truly international shard, with many players from around the globe. The ruleset's different, of course, but the community itself is top-notch and very, very supportive, especially when it comes to helping out people who are new to the shard.

If you decide to give Siege a try, just give a shout in general chat that you're new. If you're interested, join the NEW guild for a month or so to get yourself acclimated. Many folks who play on the shard donate all kinds of stuff to NEW to help out new players with things like full spellbooks, LRC or resist suits, basic weapons, tools, 105 and 110 power scrolls, etc. About once a month, one of the largest guilds on the shard, Gilfane (GIL) sponsors a day-long champ spawn crawl that includes most if not all of the champ spawns and a harrower, with all the scrolls going to NEW or to NEW members who participate in the event.

Most NPCs on the shard sell their items at 3X normal price and won't buy items from player characters. However, that doesn't mean the economy is totally whacky. Instead, the prices of items sold on player-run vendors are surprisingly low and very reasonable.

You can't use the Recall or Sacred Journey spells on Siege (gate spell works), but there are many public houses around the game linked by teleporter tiles and/or furnished with crystal and corrupted crystal portals. Luna is a rather dead area in terms of vendors, but you will find well-stocked vendor houses in New Magincia, around Zento, at the Yew and Britain moongates, below Umbra, and in a few other places as well. Because of the shard's unique ruleset, player-run vendors are alive and well to sell most any basic item you could possibly need.

Siege is not all about PvP either, by any means. I do a lot of PvM to gather materials for my crafter as do many other folks and very rarely encounter PKers. They seem to focus on each other, anyone who is truly obnoxious, and most anyone who shows up at an IDOC. EM events are few and far between, so I can't really tell you what kind of free-for-alls those turn into. The couple I've been to have been a mixed bag. One common theme with them though is that people are generally very polite and mostly well-mannered. General chat on Siege is also usually pretty mild and not filled with the obscenities and smack talk prevalent on some other shards. Your reputation as a player means quite a bit on Siege.

Anyway, IF you find yourselves with the itch to play and Oceania is still down, think about giving Siege a try. Since there's no more daily cap on skill gains, even once you hit 70 in a skill and are subject to the RoT (Rate over Time) timer, building a character (even a tamer) goes very quickly. (I got to 120 real taming in less than two months and have finished just about all the crafting skills except inscription in under three months.) It is very doable to make a character and play and HAVE FUN while you're in the RoT stage. There are also quite a few vendors that sell SoTs and SoAs. (The way RoT works today, once you hit 70 in a skill, your gains come on a timer and you gain with the use of a skill, whether or not you fail. So, from 70-80, you get gains in a skill every 5 minutes. From 80-90, you can gain every 8 minutes. From 90-100, you can gain every 12 minutes. And from 100-120, you can gain every 15 minutes. Each skill has its own timers too. So you can have multiple skills in RoT and keep gaining in all of them all day long. You just have to keep track of the timer for each skill if you want to optimize your gains for the day. Stat gains are still limited to 15 per day.)

I hope EA will fix the server hardware problem soon for you all. But in the meantime, Siege would welcome you with open arms and, I think, help keep you distracted and playing UO, at least for a bit!

:)

LiquidSolidity

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're looking for a shard to play on while Oceania is down, please don't overlook Siege. It's a truly international shard, with many players from around the globe. The ruleset's different, of course, but the community itself is top-notch and very, very supportive, especially when it comes to helping out people who are new to the shard.

If you decide to give Siege a try, just give a shout in general chat that you're new. If you're interested, join the NEW guild for a month or so to get yourself acclimated. Many folks who play on the shard donate all kinds of stuff to NEW to help out new players with things like full spellbooks, LRC or resist suits, basic weapons, tools, 105 and 110 power scrolls, etc. About once a month, one of the largest guilds on the shard, Gilfane (GIL) sponsors a day-long champ spawn crawl that includes most if not all of the champ spawns and a harrower, with all the scrolls going to NEW or to NEW members who participate in the event.

Most NPCs on the shard sell their items at 3X normal price and won't buy items from player characters. However, that doesn't mean the economy is totally whacky. Instead, the prices of items sold on player-run vendors are surprisingly low and very reasonable.

You can't use the Recall or Sacred Journey spells on Siege (gate spell works), but there are many public houses around the game linked by teleporter tiles and/or furnished with crystal and corrupted crystal portals. Luna is a rather dead area in terms of vendors, but you will find well-stocked vendor houses in New Magincia, around Zento, at the Yew and Britain moongates, below Umbra, and in a few other places as well. Because of the shard's unique ruleset, player-run vendors are alive and well to sell most any basic item you could possibly need.

Siege is not all about PvP either, by any means. I do a lot of PvM to gather materials for my crafter as do many other folks and very rarely encounter PKers. They seem to focus on each other, anyone who is truly obnoxious, and most anyone who shows up at an IDOC. EM events are few and far between, so I can't really tell you what kind of free-for-alls those turn into. The couple I've been to have been a mixed bag. One common theme with them though is that people are generally very polite and mostly well-mannered. General chat on Siege is also usually pretty mild and not filled with the obscenities and smack talk prevalent on some other shards. Your reputation as a player means quite a bit on Siege.

Anyway, IF you find yourselves with the itch to play and Oceania is still down, think about giving Siege a try. Since there's no more daily cap on skill gains, even once you hit 70 in a skill and are subject to the RoT (Rate over Time) timer, building a character goes very quickly, even tamers! (I got to 120 real taming in less than two months and have finished just about all the crafting skills except inscription in under three months.) It is very doable to make a character and play and HAVE FUN while you're in the RoT stage. There are also quite a few vendors that sell SoTs and SoAs. (The way RoT works today, once you hit 70 in a skill, your gains come on a timer and you gain with the use of a skill, whether or not you fail. So, from 70-80, you get gains in a skill every 5 minutes. From 80-90, you can gain every 8 minutes. From 90-100, you can gain every 12 minutes. And from 100-120, you can gain every 15 minutes. Each skill has its own timers too. So you can have multiple skills in RoT and keep gaining in all of them all day long. You just have to keep track of the timer for each skill if you want to optimize your gains for the day. Stat gains are still limited to 15 per day.)

I hope EA will fix the server harder problem soon for you all. But in the meantime, Siege would welcome you with open arms and, I think, help keep you distracted and playing UO, at least for a bit!

Would love to play Siege but most of us here in Aussie/NZ can't because of the high pings and lag

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That wouldnt be a problem if S^R and 3T unite.... Sorry I had too

lol Clog, thankfully I am still at stage 1 !

I dont care how long it takes, I am not leaving Oceania. I may be a guild leader of a small guild after all this but alas, Oceania is my shard and EA games can fix it. I read on another thread that it is down for an unknown amount of time. Sure, Ill log into other shards to see how my friends are going now and then but I am sticking to my guns. Being mindful of IDOC and the amount of crap I have in my homes, Ill suspend payments until such time as Oceania is back. I doubt they will transfer our chars to another server. With 3 accounts fully set up, thats alot of time and devotion and an absolute incovenience from a company I pay to give me leisure :). Frustration is at stage 2!

Might be time to get out that good book that I have been wanting to write ;)
Small guild? What?

Anyway, IF you find yourselves with the itch to play and Oceania is still down, think about giving Siege a try. Since there's no more daily cap on skill gains, even once you hit 70 in a skill and are subject to the RoT (Rate over Time) timer, building a character (even a tamer) goes very quickly. (I got to 120 real taming in less than two months and have finished just about all the crafting skills except inscription in under three months.) It is very doable to make a character and play and HAVE FUN while you're in the RoT stage. There are also quite a few vendors that sell SoTs and SoAs. (The way RoT works today, once you hit 70 in a skill, your gains come on a timer and you gain with the use of a skill, whether or not you fail. So, from 70-80, you get gains in a skill every 5 minutes. From 80-90, you can gain every 8 minutes. From 90-100, you can gain every 12 minutes. And from 100-120, you can gain every 15 minutes. Each skill has its own timers too. So you can have multiple skills in RoT and keep gaining in all of them all day long. You just have to keep track of the timer for each skill if you want to optimize your gains for the day. Stat gains are still limited to 15 per day.)

I hope EA will fix the server hardware problem soon for you all. But in the meantime, Siege would welcome you with open arms and, I think, help keep you distracted and playing UO, at least for a bit!

I would love to play Siege. But the 450 ping prevent me from enjoying it unfortunately. I have been tempted to try Mugen though. But I dont really think that'd be fun either, due to the lack of english speaking people