• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NO thought put into invasion and small shard population.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really feel they should have scaled the mob difficulty based on shard population. It feels like this event was designed with only Atlantic in mind where we have enough people to do invasions all day long without stopping. Those captains take forever to kill with a shard full of people, I can't imagine how long it takes on smaller shards.
There is scaling in place related to the number of mobs that spawn during an invasion that indirectly relates to shard populations. Difficulty, however, is uniform across the board. Why is that?

Imagine for a moment that the difficulty of the mobs was related directly to shard population. With the availability of transfer shields, there would be a surge to "low pop" shards in an effort to more easily obtain the rewards from the event, for whatever personal reason that is. Pretty soon a low pop shard is no longer a low pop shard and complaints of cross sharders stealing rewards from the local population begin to ring out.

I've said this elsewhere and to reiterate, there are a number of tactics available in town fighting that aren't available elsewhere. You can gain the upper hand and take advantage of weaknesses.

Don't forget to, that getting the minax reward from the lighthouse and the captains is just the cherry on top of the guaranteed reward points that you accumulate with each kill of any invasion mob. Finally, the rewards, reward points, and the mobs will be available to fight in future content as well - if you want to have a power session and defend 9 cities in a day or if you want to leisurely take part in one here or there the choice is yours...your efforts will be rewarded - eventually.

Happy Hunting!
To view the original post, please click here