• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Update on Oceania lag issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James_Mythic

Hey folks,

I've informed the team some players are still experiencing issues on Oceania. Can you please let us know if its the same behavior you have seen since the issue initially began? Additionally has the issue improved at all, even if it's still occuring?

I appreciate your continued feedback and assistance as well as your patience.

Thanks,

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Adding Cals reply in this thread on uhall:

We are actually still working on the lag problem down in Oceania. This is one of our top priorities.

There are several thread on this topic, I'll see if we can get Stratics to combine them.

In short ... yesterday Net Engineering worked on packet loss, however that has not completely solved the problem.

They have found and are diagnosing a couple of other solutions and will continue to work until this is completely resolved,

- C

Chin up guys! I really hope you are back in and lag free soon!

Airmid

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Latest Update from Cal:

So the update is we are trying to attack this problem from two directions.
We have net engineering working directly on the packet loss (lag), and trying ot come up with a solution internally.

As many of you have pointed out the major problem is the location of the facility "Down Under." The best we can do is hope the ISP on the ground continues to work on the problem.

From our side we will continue to press and make sure they are keeping us updated on progress, and find a solution here as well.

- C

A

Amathist

I really wish this had more of a defined ETA Cal as it has been two weeks and even the most patient of patient UO players on Oceania have had enough. This is not just affecting our play time this is affecting our community we can not do events, we have people wanting to leave an already low populated shard. Come on enough is enough please please I don't care if you have to fly in yourself get something done.

In reference to James question personally - the lag is still the same, but it is intermittent and maybe that has spaced out a little more but you still will be fine and then BAM lock up and not be able to move at all to the point some are being disconnected from server all together and have to sign back in.

A

Amathist

Have been playing for a few hours now and so far NO LAG...if it is finally fixed thank you EA for doing so and making our shard playable again.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have been playing for a few hours now and so far NO LAG...if it is finally fixed thank you EA for doing so and making our shard playable again.
That is great news Amathist! I hope it continues for you all. Enjoy publish 69 :thumbsup:

L

LordSoth

Also played for a few hours last night from the West Coast of Australia, all working freat :D Thank you muchly UO Gods :)

Edit: Freat? I meant great :}

D

Dimebag

Looks like we may have our lag back again, logged on this morning just after server up and had a 67% packet loss, logged in and just started freezing up every step i took.

just curious to see how long this lasts for and if many other people are suffering from this issue this time around.

have asked a few people on at the moment and they are having a few issues.

L

LordSoth

Seems to be all the servers having the same problem (from the other forums).

S

Sioned

Oh im sorry to hear you are lagging Dimebag despite running a speedhack must be a major bummer for you..oh well maybe the rest of us will keep up with you when you crash spawns.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh im sorry to hear you are lagging Dimebag despite running a speedhack must be a major bummer for you..oh well maybe the rest of us will keep up with you when you crash spawns.
Dont make accusations you cant prove. he may run Enchanced Client... I know I got accused of speeding with EC....

Status
Not open for further replies.