• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Update on Oceania lag issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oceania Lag Monster

Well, it is self explanatory. Oceania is going through some extremely bad lag where it is impossible to play.

Conspiracy theories are heard to say the UO gods want Oceania shut down, so have given lag to test our patience. Actually not sure what the problem is but would like to hear what others have to say.

Many have complained to no avail or redirection to the website. Hope they get it sorted soon before players get peeved and decide to leave an already quiet Oceania.

A

Amathist

Re: Oceania Lag Monster

Not sure what the cause is but know that it started around the same time as the patch 69 was released on test and the snow was placed throughout the shards.

L

LordSoth

Umm yeah it's been like this for 2 days now, this sucks :(
Returning back to UO grrrrr.
Please fix UO team.

L

LordSoth

Friggen had the weekend empty to catch up on some UO, what a waste of time that was :( Craptastic

F

Fink

I think if they wanted to shut Oceania down they'd just do it.

That's not to say they won't, I just don't think they'd bother with subterfuge.

A

Amathist

I also doubt if it was a SHUT Oceania down mission that they would go about it so covertly they would advertise it and try to sell the moving to another shard so as not to just loose subscriptions.

P

PoCove

I have toooooo much crap to move ... But i do need to play and manage my vendors sometime

Z

Zecko

I just returned to UO, it's good to know that this horrible lag prolly isn't forever.

W

Waylander

1 Week and still no fix for Oceania

This has become a joke or maybe worse.

How long does it take to go down the pet shop and buy a new hamster???

W

Waylander

Re: 1 Week and still no fix for Oceania

Its deffinately not a joke....

All oceanians should recieve 5 vet reward picks after this and a free month.

A

Amathist

its getting to be a bad joke, a week later and no response from the Devs. A simple we are looking at the issue would be nice....but so far it feels like we are being ignored and the shard is being left to become a ghost town.

I am not saying they are intentionally trying to shut the shard but they are certainly not helping it either.

A

Amathist

I could cope with the lag IF I knew they were not just ignoring the issue while they play around with some pixel crack that no one wants. Like a over sized 13 year vet mount that looks ridiculous.

HELLO DEV'S LOOK AT US AND ACKNOWLEDGE OUR existence please

Queen Aglaranna

2011 Winter Deco Contest
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's that bad that i can't even log in :(
There goes my Ships and vendors :( Not Impressed!

L

LordSoth

Hopefully we'll all just go away and disappear to world of warcraft... Nooooot! :)
Please fix la lag!

C

Claydo

i don't know what to say about this after a week of frustration except, i wish ea would pull there heads out of there arses and have a look outside there own colon and give us some bloody help :(

R

RotsaRuck

An error has occured in the synchronization between the login servers and this world. Please close client and try again later.....
How many times each night for a week should we be faced with this message, or if we do get on suffer unplayable lag and disconnection.
Think I might go try some free shards, see which one might suit me for when I close all my accounts.

A

Amathist

It's not a fix but it is a response, lets hope they at least now keep us updated.

Hey folks,

The team is looking into the performance issues experience on Oceania, when I have an update I'll let you know.

In regards to paging being down on Pacific I'll forward this on to our CS department for them to look into the issue.

As always we do care and thank you for bringing these issues to our attention even if we aren't always able to respond quickly or with firmer details.

The team is full force getting Pub 69 ready for its debut and may not always have time to follow up on issues that extend past their departments.

Thanks all and the great staff here at Stratics that helps us catch what we miss.
Follow me on Twitter! @JamesMythic

A

Amathist

a response.....

Hey folks,

The team is looking into the performance issues experience on Oceania, when I have an update I'll let you know.

In regards to paging being down on Pacific I'll forward this on to our CS department for them to look into the issue.

As always we do care and thank you for bringing these issues to our attention even if we aren't always able to respond quickly or with firmer details.

The team is full force getting Pub 69 ready for its debut and may not always have time to follow up on issues that extend past their departments.

Thanks all and the great staff here at Stratics that helps us catch what we miss.
Follow me on Twitter! @JamesMythic

B

Black Spirit

If they have'nt fixed the lag issue soon, they should refund everyone on Oceania for one months fee's.

The lag monster is here to stay, we will have to live with it or leave all together.

And they wonder why people have stopped playing this wonderful game.

Some care factor?? because it they did care it would have been fixed.

Grumpy and getting grumpier every day.

Please fix our shard so we can play, PLEASE !!!

A

Amathist

It is my hope that the maintenance down time tomorrow may implement something that will banish they lag monster *FINGERS CROSSED*

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We wanted to highlight the official replies found on uhall for the Oceania community here.

From Cal, UO Producer:

Last report is we have guys on the ground in Australia checking out the network.

In addition, there should be a post in the near future (in the next couple hours) about the status.

On a personal note, I was in Japan last week and we had some pretty productive discussions about our options for better connectivity for our folks on OZ (shard nomenclature for Oceania).

For right now we are trying to re-route traffic around areas that are causing the lag.

Do your best to hang in there, and we'll do our best to get you an update.

- C

and

I wrote in a separate thread about this.
We have gotten news from Net Engineering that the problems with packet loss should be resolved.

We will continue to monitor the problem, but from our side it looks like the problem is fixed. If the lag continues I'm sure you'll let us know,

- C

We will try to bring over any updated news on this issue for you.
Thanks all!

Airmid
Stratics Community Coordinator

P

Piccolo(UO:R)

Just logged in. I'm still getting between 25%-50% packet loss. Anyone else?

B

Bomordan

I don't see any improvement at all. As a player who grows plants it is EXTREMELY frustrating that I cannot keep a sustainable connection long enough to take care of them! When is the REAL fix gonna happen? I'm about to start demanding refunds for 2 weeks of a nearly unplayable game!

A

Amathist

Message from Cal:

Cal_Mythic
UO Producer

Last report is we have guys on the ground in Australia checking out the network.

In addition, there should be a post in the near future (in the next couple hours) about the status.

On a personal note, I was in Japan last week and we had some pretty productive discussions about our options for better connectivity for our folks on OZ (shard nomenclature for Oceania).

For right now we are trying to re-route traffic around areas that are causing the lag.

Do your best to hang in there, and we'll do our best to get you an update.

- C
He also said

I wrote in a separate thread about this.
We have gotten news from Net Engineering that the problems with packet loss should be resolved.

We will continue to monitor the problem, but from our side it looks like the problem is fixed. If the lag continues I'm sure you'll let us know,

- C

A

Amathist

*smiles* you beat me to it Airmid I was just on my way to post just that. Thanks for keeping us updated.

A

Amathist

Just logged in. I'm still getting between 25%-50% packet loss. Anyone else?
I don't see any improvement at all. As a player who grows plants it is EXTREMELY frustrating that I cannot keep a sustainable connection long enough to take care of them! When is the REAL fix gonna happen? I'm about to start demanding refunds for 2 weeks of a nearly unplayable game!
I don't believe it is FIXED yet but they are working on it. Out of curiosity where are you guys located?

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*smiles* you beat me to it Airmid I was just on my way to post just that. Thanks for keeping us updated.
I wanted to make sure to get at least this up for the Oceania community. We are always looking for good reporters if anyone would like to help keep Oceania updated with [News].

Thanks guys and I wish you much luck with this lag issue!

P

I'm playing from Wollongong. It's about 80kms south of Sydney, incase you weren't sure where it is. I don't usually have any issues with my connection.

A

Amathist

I'm playing from Wollongong. It's about 80kms south of Sydney, incase you weren't sure where it is. I don't usually have any issues with my connection.
yep I know where you are, I only asked as I thought maybe our friends in the states that play Oceania would still have issues ...that is if they have fixed the lag.

I have not logged in this afternoon but when I logged in earlier today it was still lagging...has there been any update?

A

Amathist

I wanted to make sure to get at least this up for the Oceania community. We are always looking for good reporters if anyone would like to help keep Oceania updated with [News].

Thanks guys and I wish you much luck with this lag issue!
Do we have shard reporters at all at the moment?

L

LordSoth

From Perth, will check when I get home from work to see if it's still lagging.

A

Amathist

I am from North Coast New South Wales....
Thursday 16th Dec 8:14pm AEST (sydney) and the lag is still an issue, are there any further updates or an ETA on when we can expect this fixed?

F

Fink

Wollongong seems to be a UO-magnet. I know of at least two other current players from there, plus a handful who have passed on.

A

Amathist

still laggety laggety here.

G

Gallica

I'm in West Aust....still laggy to the point of ridiculousness here.....

I'm ready to pull the pin..... payin for 5 accounts and can't play any of em and can't get any answer from EA....THATS WHAT REALLY PISSES ME OFF!

G

Gallica

I'm in Perth....lag is completely crap......just dry docked my boats......got rid of all my plants.....and packed up the aquarium.....that all took several hours and many deaths....I'm ready to chuck the game out the window completely...I have asked and asked EA for answers and I get ZIP....they SUK!

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do we have shard reporters at all at the moment?
We have a few listed but at times real life pulls us away. Oceania is one we'd love to pay the extra attention to and draw from your community here.

On the continuing lag issue, I noticed the posts sharing location and ping times. I hope it helps them narrow down the problem a bit for a quicker fix.

Happy Holidays guys and if you can log into Oceania enough to gather your gifts, I'll gladly share mine with you!

A

Amathist

We have a few listed but at times real life pulls us away. Oceania is one we'd love to pay the extra attention to and draw from your community here.

On the continuing lag issue, I noticed the posts sharing location and ping times. I hope it helps them narrow down the problem a bit for a quicker fix.

Happy Holidays guys and if you can log into Oceania enough to gather your gifts, I'll gladly share mine with you!

It would be great to see some news reports on the EM events, for the past few they have had to cope with my rambles and quick jotting down of events.
I miss news reports on whats going on.

I still had lag as of 2am last night (couldn't sleep so logged in to check) I have not logged in yet this morning but I am trying to be hopeful.....*fingers crossed*

B

Bomordan

I am in the States, Mountain Standard Time. I have always had a slower ping rate as a result, but the game was always very playable until these past two weeks. Now I have almost constant lag mixed with intermittent standstills serious enough that there is no reason to stay on the game. It's VERY frustrating!

A

Amathist

I am in the States, Mountain Standard Time. I have always had a slower ping rate as a result, but the game was always very playable until these past two weeks. Now I have almost constant lag mixed with intermittent standstills serious enough that there is no reason to stay on the game. It's VERY frustrating!
sadly your not the only one....a lot of people are not logging in at the moment or are simply sitting at the bank or in their houses waiting for the lag to pass.

P

Wollongong seems to be a UO-magnet. I know of at least two other current players from there, plus a handful who have passed on.
Yeah I have a couple of mates who i'm trying to get to play again. Who are the current players? I promise I won't stalk them or anything.

L

LordSoth

Sorry tried last night, couldn't even get passed the choose your server login bit hehe. :(

A

Amathist

Friday 17th December 1:52pm AEST (sydney)

WE STILL HAVE LAG ISSUE

A

Amathist

Friday 17th December 1:59pm AEST (sydney)

WE STILL HAVE LAG ISSUE

L

LordSoth

Bugger just tried again after work, still unplayable.
Damn the holiday break is coming up too, the only time I get off :(

Status
Not open for further replies.