• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] TC 1 Has Been Updated

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tazar

For the Peerless, I see several mentions of the Arch Cure impacting the Dreadhorn,and yes, that one will be a little more difficult...but this will really make Paroxysmus EXTREMELY DIFFICULT!!!!!

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

Check my suggestions for Arch Cure in the other thread - but I'll repeat the main one here.

1. Get rid of Arch Protection (it only serves to confuse the people accidentally caught in the AoE).
2. Replace Arch Protection with a 4th level "Greater Cure" spell that is Arch Cure as it is now, but one target only.
3. Go ahead with the Arch Cure nerf.

That will give casters the choice of AoE at Cure levels, or a single target at current Arch cure levels.

Simple fix, and it gets rid of one of the more annoying spells in the game in the process (arch Protection).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the idea I posted about 2 pages back lol

well anyway... I'm in support of it.

EDIT:
Also, I think it says something with 2 different people come up with the exact same solution independently. I think this solution is the winner.

I

imported_Heartseeker

It looks like the changes we ask for don't get implemented.

And the ones we don't ask for do.

I realize the dev team has a new direction they are going in.

Unfortunately the one leading is wearing a blindfold.

G

Arch cure nerf? WHo asked for that? Why make it a requirement to carry potions?

K

kennykilleduo

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Edited to add, the fact that mages AREN'T item-dependent still drives me batty, personally. The skill was designed to require (stealable, consumable) reagents for EVERYTHING it did.

*goes off and sulks in the corner with her bandages*

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my god, please tell me, you just didn't say that. That is probably the most clueless post I've ever read by anyone in any game development team. It actually has me fizzing with anger. The whole problem of it not consuming, is YOUR fault, a problem, we DIDNT want, and a problem we'd RATHER have, over this stupid item dependant game.

Do you really think pvpers wanted to spend hours in Doom? Do you really think we'd rather have LRC over regs in a decent system? Do you really think we like farming countless hours just to get good quality rings, just to pvp with?

The list goes on. You forced us into an item game, noone wanted. You also forced mages into a corner where items are dependant. It doesn't matter what shard you play, you require items just to cast

You forced us into a corner, and made this game more item based than ever, and come out with that crap?

The problem is, you don't know where to take PvP. You see theirs a problems, but you have no solutions. The problem then get's worse, by having no real clue how to communicate with the player base. I've seen you say over several times, use Feedback forms. Well, what freaking use are they, if you can't properly discuss the changes, and pros and cons. They are of 0 use, and I seriously doubt anyone who actually PvPs would waste their time with such a pointless option.

The only other option are these forums, and my god, it's horrific trying to get a point across sometimes. More often than not, people just feel drowned out in drival, flames and absolutely clueless idiots posting. It's just as frustrating for me as a player to see posts like NERF STRANGLE BECAUSE I ALWAYS DIE TO IT, without any sufficient backup to their point.

There has been countless people on these forums who have CLEARLY demonstrated they actually know what they are speaking about. It's also clear, you have no real direction with where your going, so please tell me, why you can't work together with these people? Get them together on test, work things out, suggest things, before it goes out and causes such major upset.

The last time this happened was publish 25, and the last time PvPers were happy, was p25. Doesn't that tell you something?

I'm begining to ramble because I cannot even begin to express my frustration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poster: Nixon[I-C]

Best post ever....

My 2 cents though : Higher level poisoning should be equal to higher level cures , both sides should not be 100% uber and work ALL the time...

If I work my skill poisoning to 100% I should have a great chance of poisoning my target , but if a mage , alchy , or potion is used to cure it should equal the level of the mage or alchy or potion made..

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

wow....am i reading this right?!?!?

"Provoking onto a creature will no longer cause those in combat with that creature to stop fighting"

this mean the provoke bug is being fixed?!?!?

yahooo!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Leurocian really hit a home run on that one. Unfortunately, that fix isn't getting the praise you would express becaues it was eclipsed by the proposed arch cure nerf.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

wow....am i reading this right?!?!?

"Provoking onto a creature will no longer cause those in combat with that creature to stop fighting"

this mean the provoke bug is being fixed?!?!?

yahooo!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Leurocian really hit a home run on that one. Unfortunately, that fix isn't getting the praise you would express becaues it was eclipsed by the proposed arch cure nerf.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed this one is HUGE. *nods Leurocian's direction*
The best complement to an item on the patch list is that no one complains about it

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

It looks like the changes we ask for don't get implemented.

And the ones we don't ask for do.

I realize the dev team has a new direction they are going in.

Unfortunately the one one leading is wearing a blindfold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just keep telling yourself the development team wants to get as much gold out of the economy as possible and you can probably make some pretty good guesses as to where we're headed, namely a future of using tons and tons of consumable resources and items that eventually wear out for good. I guess time will tell if they also manage in the same timeframe to actually also introduce anything fun and fresh to the game.

If you work in big business, I'm sure you've been exposed on more than one occasion to "change management" courses. If you have, you've gotta be asking yourself these days if Jeremy and company have ever had to sit through the same stuff and try to figure out how to apply the principles to UO's player base. Not an easy task, I'm sure, but perhaps worth some of their time if they haven't already considered it.

G

I have read through this entire thread and thought I would toss in my two cents. WTF, why is it every time there is a need to balance PvP in some way we peeps that play PvM get screwed? There are some great ideas floating to compensate, Sarphus to be one. I guess my main point is this needs a little more time on concept before implementation.

I

imported_Sarphus

There's lots of negativity in this thread. I think some "ataboys" are in order...

* Dragons are dropping proper resources... excellent
* long-standing and deeply rooted runic bugs are found and fixed... excellent
* long-standing bug with animated corpses is fixed
* much needed pet summon ball nerf. This one was the product of MUCH player feedback. This change is the paragon of the dev team listening and compromising with players to satisfying as many players as possible.
* Talisman no property bug is fixed... I wonder if my old no-prop talys will be rares lol
* Fix to a long-standing insurance bug. I am very happy they found this bug and came up with a reasonable work around for it. It would be nice if they could come up with a robust solution that fixes this specific insurance bug and allows people to insure items on vendors. This will do for now, though.
* Pet AI changes. I have been begging for similar changes for YEARS! These changes are fantastic. Great work devs.
* The provoke fix is fantastic. This one has been a pet peive for me for a very long time.
* The change to darkwood armor is great. Long overdue, but it's a nice adder on the patch

I would like to see pets remove their guarding status when you stable them.

So anyway... They really missed the mark on one line item in the patch, but the patch as a whole is a massive step forward in UO. The one change that has caused the mass negativity would be an even larger step backward, but I'm confident the devs will find a workable solution that makes sense. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. At least Jeremy stuck around and took in our feedback to pass it on to the designers (even though several of you were really mean).

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't understand why you need to us test if this is a bad change or not.. of course it is.. mages trade 70's suits for fast casting, 100lrc and reduced mana costs..

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? 2 of my mages both have all 70#s suits %100 lrc max lmc and great MR 11 and 13. one is casting at 2/6 while the other is set up with 3/6 to support his -1FC warfork.

I

imported_Sarphus

It's entirely possible that this particular change to poison was a quick change to make. I've seen devs kick out changes in a day that I expected to take a week. Other changes I expected to take a day end up taking a month. A system like UO's magery system is probably pretty flexible.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I don't understand why you need to us test if this is a bad change or not.. of course it is.. mages trade 70's suits for fast casting, 100lrc and reduced mana costs..

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? 2 of my mages both have all 70#s suits %100 lrc max lmc and great MR 11 and 13. one is casting at 2/6 while the other is set up with 3/6 to support his -1FC warfork.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. My tamer has resist of 68, 69, 70, 70, 72 with 100% LRC, 40% LMC, 12 MR and 2/5 casting.

G

Noxin_[LB]
<blockquote><hr>

So, yeah, arch cure changes - Don't do it. Really.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty much sums it up. PvM needs it the way it is now, and PvP as well. Jeremy, please give Noxin and the rest of us who care about PvP a breather, and tell us this change is canned!

Sarphus
<blockquote><hr>

Noxin is right. AE on arch cure is a red herring. The ability to cure higher-end poisons is what's important, so I say remove the AE effect and leave the cure chance as is.
--
Does anyone use arch protection? As far as I know it's not a particularly useful spell, but it can be used to basically grief people by putting them in protection against their wishes. Arch protection in its current form is an artifact of pub 16 I believe...

[/ QUOTE ]
When Noxin said AE on arch cure is a red herring, he did not--correct me if I am wrong, Noxin--mean the AE ability of the spell should be removed. Red herring implies the supposed changes to the arch cure spell should not be based on the spell's effectiveness as an AOE spell, because, it is far more commonly used on the self than it is on the group, in PvP situations. On the other hand, it is used extensively in PvM. As for arch protection, I haven't seen any use for it, really, myself, but I am unsure as to whether anyone does still use the spell. I suppose it could be effective in certain situations, say, if arch cure does get nerfed, perhaps we all would need to run protection in order to cure ;D (ugh).

Jeremy_EAMythic
<blockquote><hr>

I'm seeing two seemingly contradictory statements here - one, that Archcure is basically useless now, and two, that this change is a massive nerf. That's why I'm asking how often it gets used currently - I'm seeing a lot of statements about how it's pretty useless in PvP anyway - I want to isolate the people who will be the most affected by the change.
--
Well, this may or may not be a bad thing in the larger context of the game. Speaking in generalities, every template should have a counter - when they don't, everyone just plays that template. However, it may be that nox dexxers don't have a counter, or won't because of this change, and that IS a bad thing. Or it may be that there are so many other ways to counter poison (petals, pots, etc) that this isn't nearly as bad a change as it looks at first.

[/ QUOTE ]
The people who say Arch Cure is worthless suggests the probability a DP-Fencer's RNG string will conclude in a succession of chained specials of which no mage can heal through without divine intervention (blue healing ;D). The proposed changes are poor. There is no chance this "counter" will improve PvP. If you want to make it so curing is harder, make it so noxxers can't insure any weapon with poisoned applied. A nox-dexxer can insure as many poison-laden weapons as he wants and guess what, he doesn't have the ability to "lose items," while anyone else--not limited to mages, just, most mages don't/can't afford to run much DCI so they fall victim easier--can get caught in the chain. So that's my offer. If you want us all to use Cures, then make it so nox-dexxers have to lose something, too.

G

how much DCI do you run with that MR though? lol that's what really matters

G

I must be missing the provoke in the original list...

I agree with the removal of guarding when pet is stabled. I probably shouldn't say this, but it is possible to target your pet while it is stabled. It would probably just be easier for a person to say ALL STOP than it would be for them to change their system, which must always have the pets guarding you while in the stable, anyway, since you can still reach them.

I

imported_Sarphus

The provoke change I'm referring to is actually a pet AI change. They fixed the really annoying bug where provoke makes followers stop fighting what they're fighting. It's a really old and really annoying bug that effects pvm.

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

When Noxin said AE on arch cure is a red herring, he did not--correct me if I am wrong, Noxin--mean the AE ability of the spell should be removed. Red herring implies the supposed changes to the arch cure spell should not be based on the spell's effectiveness as an AOE spell, because, it is far more commonly used on the self than it is on the group, in PvP situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

right. The fact that it's AE is pretty much inconsequential to how it is commonly used in pvp. The only context I ever see the AE aspect of the spell used in a pvp context is if a group is running through a poison field and curing on the other side. I've done that once in a year, so it's not a particularly important pvp talking point

You're definitely right about the PVM impact of nerfing the AE portion of the spell, though. That's the krux of the issue. The arch cure spell is used completely differently depending on what context it is being used in.

G

This Arch-Cure change is really the worst idea since that one make the "One Red all Red" change for murderers. I don't know what type of flagging issues Jeremy was talking about, there have never been any with Archcure. It only targets blues with the area affect even if you single target a criminal or murderer.

G

The proposition Basara(sp) and you have gone over, where Arch Protect is removed, sounds fair...and as long as a Talisman or something of the sort can debuff anyone left still protected who can't otherwise get out of it (although I think regular protection can be casted by anyone, with a scroll?). I think it is much easier to tell PvMers to carry potions and the like than it is PvPers ;P...but that is beside the point, I guess. I just think the RNG, for better or worse, is what a dexxer is...and in the numbers game, I run 35 DCI, which is soon -25 and now 10...and what is there to it but to try new things, like Mind Rot, and the like, or to just simply assume you either get "lucky," they miss, you combo, they run, or you die. Then again, a staff mage should expect that over a wrestle mage, who can disarm ;P, so it is all relative. The big bad 6x120s should be at a disadvantage since, at a range, they are lethal. And I strongly believe they have that disadvantage right now, without the need of another handicap.

I

Ivan - MT

Can you explain more in detail what this change does? "Fixed system message upon creating an alliance to correctly show the alliance name".

G

That One-Red all-red was a wild one. Besides! It is fun to see someone die so often on their Red that they switch to their Blue. It's hard out there fo' a red. We need to color-mix. People can't hide their names.

I was going to post earlier, you all remember awhile back there was an idea to make it so you had to disarm in order to heal with bandages, or something like that? I don't exactly fault Jeremy, who is in discussion with us over these changes, but it is important to acknowledge the EA staff has issued some changes the playerbase has not agreed with, and, hopefully, the two issues in these proposed changes most glaring, arch cure and dismount, will get addressed and dispatched like previous poor ideas.

G

What is the whole thing about doom there is a door where the z claw spawns What THat For?

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the hell is EA's problem? Leave arch cure ALONE. Its ARCH CURE. Some of this crap is really getting on my nerves.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Noxin, by all means, go into more detail on the Arch Cure thing - and everyone else who's concerned about it. And please, TEST it too. I'm perfectly prepared to go to the table and tell the devs that this needs to be tweaked, but I need details.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about leave it alone? What are you people thinking? You fail enough on Deadly at GM magery let alone with any change to it. As if people were not dying at dreadhorn enough as is. I've failed with GM mages 4 to 5 times in a row on ARCH cure. Its ARCH cure. And finally when I get my cure character up to 115 magery, your gonna lower his chances too?

Would you guys please stop screwing up the game we love.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Noxin, by all means, go into more detail on the Arch Cure thing - and everyone else who's concerned about it. And please, TEST it too. I'm perfectly prepared to go to the table and tell the devs that this needs to be tweaked, but I need details.

[/ QUOTE ]
What the hell kind of details do you need?

Have you ever done a parox peerless? Seriously, I can't believe we have to explain this to anyone. This doesn't need to be tested. This is a bad change and needs to be removed from the plans immediately. Let's just say 9+ years of actually playing this damn game should have some weight as to how this is going to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT HE SAID.

Dreadhorn. Paroxy.

If it aint broke dont fix it. My god, let there be a KOTOR MMORPG in the works.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

That's another good question - how much does the area effect aspect actually get used?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dreadhorn, paroxysmus.

Any group pvm hunt.

Trying to keep my calm here. I've seen some dumb changes but this takes the cake. If you've read my posts, you'd know I like a lot of what you guys do, and appreciate the effort, but I'm seriously biting my tongue now.

G

Just another nerf in the long long standing nerf to mages for years and years now. bah! I say...
"ARCH" Cure should not be the same as Cure. Or else take off the word ARCH, jeezus h what numskull thought of this change, funny I dont remember ordering it on the menu...

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AAhhhhehe...eehhhhhhh.......

I just saw where you fixed the provoke bug that breaks combat lock on aggresors. Thank you so much for this. It's helping me not chew off my own face about an unannounced arch cure nerf.

Find a happy place.

Find a happy place.

oommmmmm

But seriously, the arch cure thing. Make it go away.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is hillarious actually.

PVP'ers and PVM'ers are all united on something!

EA has done it!

We are united!

I've not seen a thread for an anti nerf where both parties are chiming in together. This should tell the team something ROFL.

I'm gonna buy a freakin lottery ticket. Pvp'ers and pvm'ers are agreeing. I'm sooooo buying a lottery ticket today.

S

Smakkatron Jones

<blockquote><hr>

That's another good question - how much does the area effect aspect actually get used?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a huge fan of Arch Cure. When I really need to cure myself or someone else, a 35% is not going to cut it when that player is taking 20ish pts of dmg per tick. Rotting corpses are going to be like one touch kills for mages now. Dreadhorn and Parox. are going be terrible too.

There are several monsters that use nasty area effect poison also. Will be impossible without a more reliable cure to keep a group cured. As it is I often feel like a 'Cure Bot' when fighting critters with high poison. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy knowing what I had to go through to be a 120 mage, and be delegated to spamming arch cures instead of 'better' spells.

Also, I doubt anyone has mentioned it before, but Arch Cure effectiveness *does weaken* if one continues to cast the spell on the same target. Like the poison gains some sort of immunity to the cure effect. So you should really look into how that works before making a drastic change to cure. It takes a lot of repeated castings before you can start to notice that.

I often find the basic cure nearly useless (I only use it on weak poison).
And I hate to think what is going to happen to mages with less than 120 magery

In short there is really nothing 'broken' with arch cure. Its slow to cast, takes a good chunk of mana to cast, and requires high skill to be any good as is. Don't fix it if ain't broke.

G

RTLFC

On the subject of arch cure, I do use it in PvM and PvP to get area cures, and I've had my butt saved a few times with my mare casting it nearby too lol. I use it a lot as my main cure, so I feel it should remain, more or less as it is. I'd suggest making the 100% cast success chance higher as one option, but again, I'd prefer the current version

As to the pet balls affecting PvPers who call replacement pets from the stables, rather than have the delay based on the slots used, why not make those specific "anyone-can-own" pets summon instantly, and leave the rest with their amended changes? It's not like anyone is going to summon 5 swampies and roXXor an opponent lol. For one thing, only tamers have enough stable slots for that :p

I just think that would be an easier system to remember, than x delay for 3 slots, y for 4 etc.

Wenchy

5% Luck

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not sure if I have an issue with it being changed or not... I'm just curious as to why it was decided it should be done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever gmed poisoning?

B

BadManiac

OK, enough scolding the poor devs. I must say, apart from two isues this publish is the best I've seen in ages. the Provocation and Pet AI changes alone would be huge, but here's also the exceptional runic fix, in the same one! If you keep this up some old accounts mght actually be reopened and some new ones created!

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

<blockquote><hr>

Seems like Archcure was originally intended as the counter to poison fields, rather than a replacement for Greater Cure potions. Of course, intentions like that are long lost in the mists of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may have been at one point. I think the last chance was to force folks to use arch cure because cure was nerfed so that arch cure was needed for stronger poisons. Now arch is being nerfed back to where cure was nerfed to. I realize that UO has a long history but maybe the developers should get a feel for what has been done in the past even if they can't be serious players of the game they control.

G

I have gone through quite a few pages on U-Hall and I do not
see anywhere that there was a problem good or bad with Arch Cure.
So again, why is this even on the list with "Fixes" when there are
so many others out there?
And also, there is a HUGE problem with pets dying and no ghost
after the second kill. Not a good solution for stable slot increase.

I

imported_Yalp

Urgh! Indeed.. I just gm'd poisoning.. after 1 and 1/2 years of daily gains! Originally I thought taming was a pain to gm/elder.. then I made legendary mage and thought that was the worst pain.. but gm'ing poisoning is insane!

If being legendary mage with those 20 extra points of skill doesn't allow you to cast higher level spells with greater success chances.. why are we paying so much for +20 mage scrolls and why are there so few of them? I know I can use those 20 points in some other areas.

This habit of dev's setting in motion some nerf to correct some "imbalance" in pvp sure does slap pvm's right in the face. Ouch.. gonna go ice my face now.. this one was a solid uppercut to the jaw.. thx.

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

I

imported_Yalp

how do I get a suit like that! hee..

seriously... seems in my observations most pvm mages use meditation, and all 70's suits with 100 lrc, MR/MI, FC/FCR, are few and extremely hard to come by..especially if you don't have an unlimited gold tree...

Send me a pm telling me what equipment you wear.. I'd love to reduce the amount of gold I give back to EA!

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

G

<blockquote><hr>

Check my suggestions for Arch Cure in the other thread - but I'll repeat the main one here.

1. Get rid of Arch Protection (it only serves to confuse the people accidentally caught in the AoE).
2. Replace Arch Protection with a 4th level "Greater Cure" spell that is Arch Cure as it is now, but one target only.
3. Go ahead with the Arch Cure nerf.

That will give casters the choice of AoE at Cure levels, or a single target at current Arch cure levels.

Simple fix, and it gets rid of one of the more annoying spells in the game in the process (arch Protection).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very cool idea!

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

how do I get a suit like that! hee..

seriously... seems in my observations most pvm mages use meditation, and all 70's suits with 100 lrc, MR/MI, FC/FCR, are few and extremely hard to come by..especially if you don't have an unlimited gold tree...

Send me a pm telling me what equipment you wear.. I'd love to reduce the amount of gold I give back to EA!

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not that hard at all to put together. I've got 3 mages wearing suits with the same mods, and most of them were put together before I had any real amounts of gold to toss around.

G

Has no one heard about Orange Petals? Use em and you wont even need Arch Cure.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Has no one heard about Orange Petals? Use em and you wont even need Arch Cure.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ever tried to cure level 5 poison with petals? I can tell you havn't or you wouldn't have made this post.

---&gt;

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not sure if I have an issue with it being changed or not... I'm just curious as to why it was decided it should be done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever gmed poisoning?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll speak to that. I've GM'd poisoning at least 3 times. So what? Just because a skill takes some time to train (and it takes much longer to 120 taming btw) doesn't justify making it an end-all skill. If arch cure got nerfed like this, noxers WILL roll over mages and it will be so easy for them to do it that mages will dry up from the face of pvp.

If you think it takes little skill to control a pet and "all kill" on people, you should see how easy it is to just roll over people that don't have any viable counter for your poison. It's EASY.

5% Luck

I think Im happy about this change to arch cure. For me a 120 mage that just realized about arch cure a week ago can now go back to the way I was before realizing it. I can put my macro back to the cure spell and have the same chances of curing I always did. Its not a big deal for me.

If my rates as a GM mage would be um 120/35: 100/22?? Well 22% maybe a lil low for a lethal poison but all the same to me and my 120 !

I

imported_revenant2

<blockquote><hr>

Now that we've seemingly convinced Jeremy that the Arch Cure change is a big no-no can we move onto the other big PvP problem that this patch would create? I am, once again, talking of the petball summoning delay, i.e. "Pet summoning balls have a disruptable casting animation like other spells". The huge problem here is that it will now be impossible to summon in a mount to re-mount resulting in a 'being dismounted = death' scenario.

Take a look at this scenario:
Player A is busy slaying some un-offending slimes when Player B, a red tamer, shows up. Player A is a nice guy and as such doesn't even consider attacking Player B but B runs off and summons in his shiny new dragon and comes back to Player A with it in tow. A knows whats about to happen so he starts to ride away, but B hit's his "Use Bola-Target Last-Cast Teleport" macro and gets a guaranteed dismount of on A. Both players on now on foot, and B's Dragon is about to get a nice snack...oh plus B's friend B2 has just shown up to help. Now normally A would need to stay alive long enough for the dismount timer to wear off (5 seconds?) and then summon in his mount and ride off. He's still lost his slime farming spot, (and thanks tot he super dragon and bolas theres nothing he can do about that) but at least he still has his life. With the proposed change he would have no way to summon in this mount and would for certain die. There's nothing A could have done differntly in this scenario... it's a for sure kill for B.

There were at least a couple proposals to fix this. The first is simply don't implement it. It doesn't do much to stop pvp tamers anyway, they'll simply summon pets in before a fight. And with the new "AI" changes the pets aren't going to be lured off, so they won't be using the balls to spam summoning them back.

The other solution, and my favorite, is to scale the summon time based on the stable slots. A mount, which takes 1 stable slot, should only take .5 seconds to summon... a fast enough time to summon it while you're running for your life from a dismount gank. Large mean pets however, like hyrus or the horrid new dragons will take a full 5 seconds, and thus the petball change will accomplish whatever it's intended for still.

If this last change goes through as it is I can guarantee that many players like my self are going to be exceedingly frustrated at their lack of options when fighting anyone with a bola. For me it will probably the last straw...

[/ QUOTE ]

They put in the change where ethys only take 3 seconds to summon!!!!!! (yay!)

D

Dank

I like the arch cure change, I have a dp dexer and a necro mage so I see both sides of it. As I explained on another post the 200 points I need to be able to pull off lethal is barely worth it. Dp dexers are hard on mages but easy for chiv or bushido especiall if they have healing. And please mages dont go judging dp dexers unless you have played one. It is not the easy gimp temp some would make it out to be. Easy to play yes, but IMO less effective than Bushido or chiv against alot of templates. In fact my bushido archer enjoys being poisoned, that way I can control my heal timer and cure out with a pot whenever i choose b/c of balanced bows.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

Once upon a time, if I'm remembering it right, this is how Arch Cure worked.

As the levels of poison out there, in PvP and PvM, got more and more extreme, the change was needed, because Cleanse by Fire was nearly the only cure spell worth having.

This revert is unnecessary and a bad idea.

You should not need to have Chivalry or Healing to cure high-level poisons.

Petals don't work.

Potions are questionable, and why should you HAVE to carry them?

Let's not even address PvP, let's talk about Chief P (the Peerless found in the dungeon west of Papua, I can't spell his full name).....Let's talk about Dread Horn....

Why should you HAVE to play a Paladin?

I say this as someone who ONLY plays a Swords-Paladin. ONLY. I use it for everything. Doom, every Peerless, PvP.

But I shouldn't HAVE to play that template. I just like it and I'm decent with it.

UO team, you have done well so far this year....Please don't ruin it...

-Galen's player

G

<blockquote><hr>

Provoking onto a creature will no longer cause those in combat with that creature to stop fighting

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay! now people will stop cussing me out in Doom!

I

imported_Prince Erik

Add me to the list of upset mages. I do not pvp hardly at all anymore but spend a lot of time at dreadhorn, the gauntlet, training cu's healing on rotting corpses and have run afoul of poison ele's every now and then. During the treasures of Tokuno I did the sleeping dragon spawn a TON with many types of characters. Every mage I have casts it constantly.

Since my tamer generally runs with high luck suits (unless I'm taming something powerful) I have very low resistances, especially to poison. Since I run a peace tamer (120 music/peace/taming/lore/vet and am an elf, I have 100 magery and 20 focus to regain stamina when running. Even if I *COULD* afford a 120 magery scroll I'd be hesitant to do so. Do you even know what the going price on a 120 magery scroll is on Chessy???? it's a lot more than all the 120 scrolls I've bought for this character combined! Yes I know.. I should just form my own guild of 75 professional pvp'ers, run my own ghost cams, download all the cheats and compete like a man for a 120 magery scroll so I can have a chance at curing poison. Sorry, all out of testosterone and my morals leak was plugged a long time ago.

If this change goes through I'll have to stock up on cure pots and deal with dropping my swords of prosperity (necessary for defense) and start chugging. I'll have to carry a TON of them though. Thank goodness I have an alchemist of my own.

I also have a GM poisoner, maybe I'll start playing him more. Of course he only has 100 magery so in a nice batch of irony my poisoner would easily be killed by... poison. Oh well, maybe it's time to revert to my "do all" character ... my pally mage. At least then I can cast Cleanse by fire.

Thanks for this.

-P.E.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Arch Cure now cures poison at the same difficulty as the regular cure spell.
At 120 magery: Level 1: 100% chance to cure Level 2: 100% chance to cure Level 3: 97% chance to cure Level 4: 66% chance to cure Level 5: 35% chance to cure

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.. this sorta sucks.

<blockquote><hr>

Players can no longer place insured items on a player-run vendor. (Existing insured items on vendors will not be affected.)

[/ QUOTE ]

So was this one of the issues causing item insurance bugs? Or just a guess to fix some? And what about blessed items (rune books and spell books) that sometimes fall to the ground?

<blockquote><hr>

The Darkwood Armor set bonus now has 100 Luck instead of Night Sight

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.