• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] All Shards to be Published

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Posted to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.uoherald.com/news/>uoherald.com:</a><blockquote><span class=osi></p>

<font size=+1> All Shards to be Published </font>
<font size=-1>Jeremy Dalberg</font>
04 Apr 2008 10:34:19

All shards will be published with the following at 11:30AM EDT</p>

Adding live event content</p>

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well there you have it

Thanks Jeremy for posting...I guess direct all questions here....I personally wasn't in game at the time so I didn't see the *stable all pets* message.....maybe we can get some clarification?? I wouldn't want anyone losing pets.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*waits semi-patiently*

This gives me time to get more tea to wake up!!

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

is this Publish 52? since we already got Pub 51....

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think its publish 52!!!!

anyway.....

new live event content
new live event content
new live event content
new live event content

YES!

I

imported_ParadoxUO

"Are we having fun or what?"

I know I am having a blast... or several, depends of how many berzerkers go after me...

Have fun! Find the notes and the missing mage (betrayer!!!)

I

imported_Warpig Inc

Hopefully they give the GMs a backbone on the side with this update.

I

imported_Sarphus

I think it would be labeled as pub 52 if it was pub 52. Also, the patch list would include the things scheduled for pub 52.

I think this is one of the pre-pub 52 server pushes to activate the next steps for the moonglow event. Remember draconi said to expect weekly or bi-weekly updates before pub 52. I think this is one of those updates.

When you consider all that's involved, a weekly update for events is pretty good.

I can't wait to check out this event when I get home.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's good to see we're back to the "Friday Events" schedule =P Hehe.

Larisa knows what I'm referring to.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
OHH Cassie those were SOO fun!!! I couldn't WAIT until Fridays....remember the old Inu the Crone plot Threads???? WOW....wonder if they are archived somewhere....that was a blast!

C

Connor_Graham

Clarification on the "stable your pets" question would be greatly appreciated....

G

<blockquote><hr>

&lt;p&gt;Posted to uoherald.com:<blockquote>&lt;span class=osi&gt;&lt;/p&gt; [image]http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/PubPub.gif" width="91" height="91" border="5[/image]&lt;br&gt; &lt;font size=+1&gt; All Shards to be Published &lt;/font&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;font size=-1&gt;Jeremy Dalberg&lt;/font&gt;&lt;br&gt; 04 Apr 2008 10:34:19 &lt;p&gt;All shards will be published with the following at 11:30AM EDT&lt;/p&gt; &lt;p&gt; Adding live event content&lt;/p&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

Im having trouble reading through all this. So what exactly are they saying?

I

imported_Sarphus

the inu stuff wasn't really my cup of tea. I wanted to be involved in the events, but the especially cryptic clues weren't the kind of content I enjoy.

Some people really liked that content, though, so it wasn't wasted content at least.

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

OHH Cassie those were SOO fun!!! I couldn't WAIT until Fridays....remember the old Inu the Crone plot Threads???? WOW....wonder if they are archived somewhere....that was a blast!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I meant the "Crap they're having an event on Friday again...no auction due to event goodness....*SigH*" Hehe.

G

I'm sure it's wrong to want my kid to sleep early so I can selfishly see the new content.

[insert bad Mom emoticon here]

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sure it's wrong to want my kid to sleep early so I can selfishly see the new content.

[insert bad Mom emoticon here]

[/ QUOTE ]

My one month old is asleep at the moment but I know as soon as the shards or back she will wake up. It's like she knows lol

G

LOL

No, that doesn't make you a "bad" parent.

It makes you a "GREAT" fanboy/girl for UO.

Can anybody say milk punch? Knew ya could.

T

TheGwy

ah now they brought down TC1, what we suppose to do without even TC1?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL I kinda wanted to forget about that part *grins*

K

kennykilleduo

Is Jeremy mad at us? , She hasn't been out to play much lately....

I

imported_Lady Narsil

I was sitting here thinking the same thing only mine is 3 weeks old and it is the first day I have had time to sit down and play, but by the time the shards are up she will be awake and the 2 year old will want lunch. But such is life. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My 6 year old is at school WOOT! *grins*

G

<blockquote><hr>

I was sitting here thinking the same thing only mine is 3 weeks old and it is the first day I have had time to sit down and play, but by the time the shards are up she will be awake and the 2 year old will want lunch. But such is life. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a two year old too well she will be three on the 8th of this month. She already ate and is playing at the moment.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My first day off since like Wednesday of last week and I wake up to find the shards down. Sux.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
HA Mel...sorry *Grins*

Well actually that's why I wasn't in game,cus I still have my 4 year old home with me so during the day I usually just browse Stratics, kindergarden registration is next week though I can't WAIT! I'll be able to get rid of BOTH of them next year! *laughs*

D

Der Rock

my 8y. doughter read a book
(she reads 5-7 books in a week)
maybe 1h computer in a week
and 1h tv on day

M

matthew123

i have like 200 plane sheilds and swords each and like 40 some threads,100 ophidian rations 20 journals and 20 orders maybe few more what ya offering

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

What's the expected downtime?

[/ QUOTE ]

it'd be 30 min.

<blockquote><hr>

i have like 200 plane sheilds and swords each and like 40 some threads,100 ophidian rations 20 journals and 20 orders maybe few more what ya offering

[/ QUOTE ]

wish i have too!

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Clarification on the "stable your pets" question would be greatly appreciated....

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty simple: pets don't auto-stable in case of server downtime/maintenance:

Lost Pet Knowledgebase

It's always been like that, but many players incorrectly assumed that their pets would be safe in case of shard downtime and happily went to sleep instead of waiting for the shard to come back up and stabling their pet. The next day they would log back in, and freak out at GMs because they couldn't find their pet anymore...

At last EA has decided to warn people about this before taking shards down. Now it would be nice if auto-stable worked also in case of scheduled downtime...

M

Meit

I do know something bout Inu as of lately, she likes to speak in gibberish and basically says the Shadowlords are here and the destruction of the world is happening.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

humm 5/6 mil?

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

What shard?

D

Der Rock

------------------------------
I do know something bout Inu as of lately, she likes to speak in gibberish and basically says the Shadowlords are here and the destruction of the world is happening.
-------------------------------------

uhhh, i think we get short of time...
i hope the shadowlords cant destroy the 2D uo world bevore we can fully play in KR

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
If you don't stable your pet when the server goes down there's a chance you can lose it forever. This has always been the case, it's just that the server usually doesn't go down midday
so a lot of people don't know it. The server stops saving moments before it goes down so theres a chance your pet could end up in limbo.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Servers are up, nothing new

[/ QUOTE ]

I just noticed the same myself. I don't see anything new anywhere.

G

Nope still got a shield and three swords within the first min or two. Nothing new in rift and still no guards or healers outside.

G

Looks like there are healers in the tent, extra guards, and that "Defense Counsel" guy, outside the rift. Didn't notice any change inside.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What server?

Guards/healers, Captain Avery, and "a defence cousel" were added on Pacific this morning. Only difference ive seen since server up are the abscence of demons in the rift... only fallen warriors, fetids, and wisps remain...

*edit*

Demons just started appearing again..

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Maybe try talking to the defense counsel?????

G

<blockquote><hr>

Looks like there are healers in the tent, extra guards, and that "Defense Counsel" guy, outside the rift. Didn't notice any change inside.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't have any healers or guards on chesapeake

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doing better than Sonoma. Have yet to see any demons, berserkers. We got a 2 cannons and an empty tent. No npcs'.

G

Got berserkers on Europa. All shards published. So whats new?

Maybe content preparation for tonight. Who knows.