• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Zoo Spawn Stipulations

D

DPudding

Well....If Nystul is the GM...and he says the underlings can't make the deal...then isn't that the end of it? Isn't the armistice back on?

M

Mikeee

Bottom line we are always going to run into this where 'we are mad because we aren't the ones running this show' routine. Whether it be from the GM or another member of the guild. I'm glad Nystul came forward and said he has nothing to do with this.

I myself am not one to 'Pay the Fee' for the freedom to Spawn here. This group is CLEARLY not 'get me an arti so I can be cool' but more along the lines of 'something new and fun to do for the players'. I don't know why anyone group would want to disrupt an event like this. They cry that there is no one to PvP but instead of letting people get MORE active or tell their friends of something fun in the game to do to get them online again they try and make you feel like crap. Complain that there is no PvP when you **** everyone off lol, while you are at it go over to ATL and beg more people to xfer over.

If this guild really was that hell bent on ruining this event just bring it to Ilsh, get replicas, SoTs etc to donate. The 120s aren't guaranteed and aren't worth as much anymore anyways. Also if you have spawners just bring a few bards, I'm pretty sure there might be 2 people in the 'thought to be threatening' guild that aren't tamers lol. They basically consist of uber suits and an 'ALL KILL' macro. Disco/Peace the pet and kill the summoned orcs and the field is pretty level.

Also in the future if someone in any guild tries to pull this BS I say you pull a Mel Gibson from Ransom. (IE: [for joke purposes only] CONG says they are going to do this unless we give them an Oaks skull, offer NME 2 OAK Skulls and assistance in whiping out the enemy) :).

L

Lady Mystyka

It looks like Ilsh & Tokuno Spawns to me, what about you all?
I think moving on IS a good idea.. no sense beating a dead horse and all that....No harm , no foul.....
I think everyones quite clear on where everyone stands .
So..
Which of these 2 places drop the best for the Zoo endeavor?
In fact.. WHAT does each one drop :) You all know Im new to these champ things:)
Let's get to making plans...

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will say just a few things and then leave quietly.

For every time I have done a Zoo Champ night, I have had a blast not having to worry (alot) about being raided and killed. Not to mention it felt good helping the zoo.

But, when one group wants to threaten something that brings the shard together...Im going to have to say that its pretty low. The Zoo spawn did not really affect any other "leet" groups spawning vendors. So I see no reason why they would want to, other than greed and wanting to ruin the night for many others.

I am not a hard-core pvper, I enjoy the occasional fight and sometimes I can walk away. But when that many of one guild attack as was mentioned above, a small group, there is maybe 5% chance that the group will live.

Sooo...Why should we give in to this group? We have enough people to defend ourselves. Again as was also mentioned, Greater Dragons and Bolas solve many problems.

I for one, will not be giving in. I will continue to spawn and give many scrolls to the Zoo vendors. Will I die, most likely. But I don't care, I wont let one group disrupt a community event.

Ok thats all from me.

*leaves*

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you all believe will be the best way to raise the most money for the Zoo now? Ilsh spawns for SoTs and Replicas?
Replica's and SoT are hot right now, that seems the best bang for the buck if you ask me.

Personally, I say no negotiating with terrorists. If they want their Oak's skulls, let them get 'em themselves. There are other ways to raise money for the zoo that can benefit the entire community without having to pay a 'spawn tax' to a certain group who feel they have any right to tell people where they can and can't hunt.

C

Corvak

Sounds like a plan, Black Sun. I'll try to attend if a new schedule is set up.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alrighty then, Ilsh and Tok Spawns it is :D Well, perhaps since there are fewer of those spawns, we'll be able to really get them down solid and perhaps do several back-to-back and rack up the Replicas and SOTs.

I'll PM Anne the new details. Instead of meeting at dungeons now, I'll set it up so we meet at the appropriate moongates and head out from there :)

I'm really sorry that this had to happen, and perhaps over time we'll be able to return to our original set up :)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alrighty then, Ilsh and Tok Spawns it is :D Well, perhaps since there are fewer of those spawns, we'll be able to really get them down solid and perhaps do several back-to-back and rack up the Replicas and SOTs.

I'll PM Anne the new details. Instead of meeting at dungeons now, I'll set it up so we meet at the appropriate moongates and head out from there :)

I'm really sorry that this had to happen, and perhaps over time we'll be able to return to our original set up :)

why don't we meet where the shard always use to before events...yew gate tram

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
why don't we meet where the shard always use to before events...yew gate tram
Oh, I wasn't aware thats how that happened. I know Anne and I had been doing that in the beginning and she'd gate ppl to the nearest site for the spawn. I may have to reconsider that then if its easier for everyone.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We used yew gate tram for friday night hunts for years. A local house owner use to even allow us access to get a SW focus going.
I am not sure that house is still there, but I am sure something could be worked out.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Calina, the Yew Tram gate just became the meeting place because it was the one place that everyone could get to and, if people didn't have a chance to find the info on the boards, they could just show up there at the same time each week and go along. :)

It was just a central place that worked well for everyone. Even then, I ran Anne's Taxi Service to the designated place. LOL

I've posted the info for next week. We can leave it as is or change it. Completely up to you!

M

Mrs Xander

I should have checked stratics a few days ago. I am glad the ZSA agreed not to take their offer.
Honestly, I remember a guild who tried to ruin a community event and even then the GM claimed it was not him and tried to play the innocent Angel who was absent at the time it happened and had no clue who did it and why and bla bla bla bla bla bla, the relay of life, for those who remember it, and as I believe in Karma, I knew it would bite them in the butt.... and bit it did.... hehe. That guild is now obsolete and practically nonexistent. It never pays to be that way.

Of course PvP, however little of it I played myself, will never be entirely fair, with the ganking and what nots, but a community should stand above that to anyone.

I vote all Guild Leaders have to be female, cause us fabulous creatures are at least capable of getting into cat fights monday at yew gate and then hug each other on tuesday's at a community event.

Just my three cents (I wanted one more cent than TW, I like picking on him :p)

S

Shioni

I think everyone just feels very uneasy that suddenly things are changing when they were working very well before.

The line of red and blue are blurred now, as most guilds have both.

Just a wee reminder there is a fix in consideration for "ghost cams" so chances are your raiding guilds wont be having so many eyes in a months to come.

But If you can come to some agreement that is good, just remember the oldest felucian saying , "Respect Goes Both Ways"

Should they break any oaths out of greed, it might be fun teaching them the basics of political treachery :D

G

genghiskhan

As one of Cong's enforcers, I will say that the reason you will give us oaks skulls is because:
A) we are too lazy to do them ourselves, I have no problem admitting this
B)it is more profitable for us to raid all spawns taking place in order to lockdown the shard, and control the market, than it is to do an oaks and let you guys get off spawns

I would actually prefer that you organize many people to come at us guns blazin, if it were up to me we would have taken your deal then raided your spawn :)

Your only choices are to give up on fel spawning, take the deal, or learn to pvp, or stay in trammel.

-Kahn

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As one of Cong's enforcers, I will say that the reason you will give us oaks skulls is because:
B)it is more profitable for us to raid all spawns taking place in order to lockdown the shard, and control the market, than it is to do an oaks and let you guys get off spawns

I would actually prefer that you organize many people to come at us guns blazin, if it were up to me we would have taken your deal then raided your spawn :)

Your only choices are to give up on fel spawning, take the deal, or learn to pvp, or stay in trammel.

-Kahn
Sad. Just sad.
Based on Khan's post it seems to me that any deal made would have been pointless. I don't think they could be trusted to keep up their end of the bargain.

I'm glad the ZSA decided not to cave to their demands.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

-Kahn

Gee I thought the GM of Cong already addressed this and said there would be no deal??? hmmm who is running cong???

G

genghiskhan

No change of hands, Nystul is the GM of over, LaMarkus the GM of CONG, we merged after the leet split. The fact is no one is forcing you guys to come to fel, that is our turf. If you want to come on our turf you pay tribute or get raided and go home empty handed. This is the harsh reality of leaving the single worst thing ever to happen to uo - trammel :(

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
No change of hands, Nystul is the GM of over, LaMarkus the GM of CONG, we merged after the leet split. The fact is no one is forcing you guys to come to fel, that is our turf. If you want to come on our turf you pay tribute or get raided and go home empty handed. This is the harsh reality of leaving the single worst thing ever to happen to uo - trammel :(
Nystul was the GM of CONG on his I C Y U NV ME character until... what a couple of days ago? To my knowledge he was never GM of Over.
Overrated's GM left the shard and gave the guild to Princess Zelda.
Over is COM, CONG is Minax. They are two different guilds. While some have moved from Over to Cong I wouldn't call that a "merge" lol.
Also CONG does not own Catskills, although they like to think they do.

A

Ally Oop

Well golly gee whizzers, Ive been in Despise while you guys were doing a spawn and picking up gold and 115 scrolls you leave laying around. Ive even called over the alliance chat there was gold laying around and to come get it. A lot have come, a couple have laughted when I tell them where but others come in their place and get it. Sure is exciting, Oh I even get other things you drop, Valor armor, Maps of Sosira, and even one of the newer luck statues. I also live in Fel and have for a number of years. So I am home, See ya!!!

D

DPudding

Based on a conversation I had yesterday...I wouldn't be too concerned about setting up any new hunt locations. This whole thing is about to drop like a sack O crap.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Based on a conversation I had yesterday...I wouldn't be too concerned about setting up any new hunt locations. This whole thing is about to drop like a sack O crap.
*blink blink*
Do tell...

D

DPudding

Power vaccuum. A buncha kids thinking they're the man. House O Cards. 1/3 ready to say screw it. You see...a few years ago...someone lost everything...Mr Pudding gave him a couple million and some equipment...got him back on his feet. People remember kind acts. :)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*wonder why nobody has ever thought about hiring the pirates for protection against murderers*

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*wonder why nobody has ever thought about hiring the pirates for protection against murderers*
No disrespect Hawk...but the shard doesn't need protection. We can spawn any time we want...All we have to do is organize a little bit.

We spawned daily and nightly in the past and we can do it again.

And who ever thinks ghost cams are a problem...then they just don't understand how to "play the game".

We use to give Cutter fits dealing with his ghost cam.....and for the record, there is nothing illegal about ghost cams. Scripting ghost cams are illegal.

If the ZSA wants to do ilsh/tok spawns great...I respect that and I will be there. Just don't think we are afraid of fel.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No change of hands, Nystul is the GM of over, LaMarkus the GM of CONG.
Both false statements. I was never the GM of Over, and I was GM of CONG. LaMarkus made me GM the day after the split. I took my characters out of CONG though and re-made him GM yesterday due to my catskills pvp inactivity.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow ZSA is pretty powerful after all....First the admission that Cong can't do a Champ that ZSA can do in their sleep....

Now an apparent Cou De' Ta..... with ZSA as the controversial center piece.

Damn ZSA rocks!

LOL

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see no reason for me to be gm/in cong anymore. For starters I'm not pvping on Catskills since I transfered to Atlantic for pvp. Besides the whole point that I actually have friends who help the "Zoo thing" (as I call it) not to mention me helping get it going before without too much confusion as far as unwanted pvp. Also I won't be involved in "blackmailing" a group/community of players for my own personal gain, let alone individuals and especially my friends.

G

genghiskhan

You are an honorable man Nystul, I on the other hand am a sleezeball :)