• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Zoo Spawn Stipulations

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With the departure of |33t and the new rising on CONG, the ZSA was offered a new deal.

-In order to spawn, we will need to give CONG an Oaks skull.
-Each Oaks skull equals about three spawns, which need to be completed the
same night so as to avoid confusion.
-They will also pay some gold for the skull, which we could donate as well.
-Only blue character allowed, also to avoid confusion
-No guilds that they don't approve, such as NME.

I wanted to bring this new deal before you all for approval. Please note everyone that we do NOT have to do spawns to raise money for the Zoo, and if you're at all uncomfortable with this, please say so.

We accepted their terms tonight because we needed to get the ball rolling, but if the group (you guys) feel its not right, we can find another way to raise money.

The original spirit of this event was that everyone, regardless of tag prejudice, would be included, and that this event was for the fun of bringing non-pvpers to fell in the name of helping the Zoo. I'd like for that spirit to be upheld.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
OK, guys, please, DISCUSS this but be reasonable and abide by the terms of Stratics ROC. Make note that any personal attacks and trash will be immediately moved from this thread and warnings and infractions given as needed.

Now, discuss.......

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*points at Anne's post*
What she said.
Just remember that we'll both be watching very carefully.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suggest they go urinate into a good strong wind ( I said that as politely as I could Anne).....there are enough people that pvp on this shard that we can run champs when ever we want to...we just need to realize we will be raided and plan accordingly.

Heck we don't even have to be that talented at pvp...we just have to show up with 10 greater dragons and a back pack full of bola's. Then watch those reds scatter...lol

I say we don't need to bribe anyone to play....the shard belongs to all of us. No one tells me where to go and what I can or can't do!

Just my TWo cents

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I suggest they go urinate into a good strong wind ( I said that as politely as I could Anne).....there are enough people that pvp on this shard that we can run champs when ever we want to...we just need to realize we will be raided and plan accordingly.

Heck we don't even have to be that talented at pvp...we just have to show up with 10 greater dragons and a back pack full of bola's. Then watch those reds scatter...lol

I say we don't need to bribe anyone to play....the shard belongs to all of us. No one tells me where to go and what I can or can't do!

Just my TWo cents
If we take this route, then we would have to ensure that we have a solid base each week to defend. Without that good defense, then we're... well, defenseless.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
My personal opinion on this, these nites have always been open to any and all regardless of tags. It's about community and doing something for the whole community. If it gets limited to who can and can't go, then that defeats the whole purpose right off the bat. It may be pie in the sky, Pollyannaish, but it's worked to this point just fine.

The point has always been to bring the whole community together to participate in something FOR the community.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it is not like we are running a weekly harrower with all these skulls..

If when we meet at the gate our numbers are small we can go do a peerless or ilsh champ...or say what the hell and risk it.

Cal I champed daily on this shard with 4 blues for over a year. Occasionally we lost a champ but not often. And this was during DB4's hey day.

Then after taking a break cause we got bored our old alliance started doing champs most evenings.... if you know what you are doing...you normally win more than you lose.

There is nothing we CAN'T do if we choose to...the point is we don't need any one's permission to do anything!

The day I do...is the day I quit.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If we decide to go it on our own, we will need to do something similar to what TW's suggesting: meet at a safe rally point and decide, based on the numbers we have that night, if we spawn or do something else.

Also note that it appears that under CONG the Public Harrowers will no longer be happening.

L

Lady Mystyka

Ok.. I know NOTHING of PvP and who is who in that world, such as leading red guilds whatever and who hates who and why.. bleh
What I DO know is I think it would be wonderful if the Zoo Crew could do these spawns knowing we have only to watch ourselves dying to the spawn NOT to other players and that someone has our backs while we accomplish what we went there for..I say leave all that PvP stuff for those who LIKE PvPing.. Maybe all the red guilds can be there killing off each other while we go about our business? *grins*
I dont know.. Id be willing to do extra spawns to get this Oaks skull they want to assure us of a non interrupted spawn so the Zoo can thrive with little bloodshed as possible..
Id love to see EVERYONE all colors get together peaceable for a common cause like the Zoo..
Why make a community cause into a pissing contest??
I KNOW we can all get along if we want :)

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
D|R PvPs, alot of us do, but not all. There are alot of people that PvP, but still enjoy doing the Zoo Spawns.

There really isn't any set Zoo Group. There are regulars, but we have people from all guilds, blues and reds, PvPers and Trammies... that was a big point of these spawns. Like Anne said, doing something for the community with the whole community. The fear here is that now groups are being excluded and it goes against the spirit of what we set out to do.

Our agreement with |eet was that we went on our merry way doing our spawns, gave them the skulls and they held a Public Harry. Everyone included, even those they didn't like, and there would be no 'profit', just fun for everyone and zoo donations.

I think everyone just feels very uneasy that suddenly things are changing when they were working very well before.

The line of red and blue are blurred now, as most guilds have both.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Myst that is the point....for months we have done that.....we champed with reds and blues....factions and trammies...Sworn enemies just ignored each other for a couple hrs each Tuesday night. Hell I didn't even hit one GRI with my Axe any of those nights!

lol

It was a blast....and no one had to bribe anyone or pay blackmail skulls.

Now different group shows up and say no......they are the ones turning this into something other than what it has always been.

If the majority would rather bend over and pay the black mail...so be it..I just will find other things to do on Tuesday nights.

If the majority wants to stand up and say no thanks we don't kiss red butt....Then I will be there living dying and laughing right along with them!

You all decide and let me know......you know how I feel!

L

Lady Mystyka

OHHH so where was was this leet guild tonight? So this other guild is 'taking over and changing the rules? HMMmmmmmmm.. well that isnt very nice of them then....

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exactly, Myst. |33t broke up and some xferred away, and now CONG is the new 'it' pvp guild.

C

Corvak

Not being a tamer, I havent gotten involved with the zoo - but I liked the idea of the events Calina tries to run for the benefit of the community.

I know fel is fel, and this sort of stuff happens. It's just sad that it has to happen to this event.

L

Lady Mystyka

Well, like I posted in the other 'Spawn' thread..
I am sure if someone will please just contact CONG's GM and explain it to him, things will be okay and back to how it was before..
Its a community thing..and no one should held hostage for the right to do the community good :)

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im sorry, but after dealing with CONG saying that they want a skull for safe passage, contacting their GM is a waste of time. These people don't care about the zoo, they care about owning the spawn sites. That's the bottom line. If we agreed to give them
2gp, then they OWN the spawns. I say NO WAY. This isn't their shard and they certainly haven't WON it or any popularity contest with the rest of the shard by holding the Zoo Spawns for ransom....
For the record, I pvp and pvm and tonights spawn would have gone better if some of the non Fel types would cross heal some. All arent at elite pvp level and that is fine, sometimes the support roles are the MOST important. Just my two cents...

L

Lady Mystyka

Well I would have cross healed everyone but Im sure you saw I took a dirt nap face down most of the time haha (Thanks TW)..lol
Oh heres a question since I am NOT use to the Fel set rules..why is it that when a blue accidentally killed me.. another blue (thanks Anne) could NOT rezz me.. kept saying cant perform beneficial acts etc etc.. i mean even after like 3 minutes still couldnt..is there a link here that says all the Fel set rules etc so I can understand all this? Thanks and no Im NOT in a faction guild.
Just wondering...

D

DPudding

I have the solution. We start our own guild. Anonymous characters. We keep to ourselves...MYSTERIOUS!!!!! OOOOOoooOOOooOOOOOO

Sorry. Anyway.....we all set aside a character to kill people in fel. Then we do spawns with those characters. We become the rat bastards that we all profess to hate!

I'll come back tomorrow and organize the whole thing.

Pudding....OUT!!!!

I've drank 9 beers tonight....btw.

D

DPudding

Come on, people. I've sobered up a little and I still think it's a good idea.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I'm not a usual zoo spawner (not by choice, I tend to be asleep when the spawns happen), you may take my advice with a grain of salt.

And that advice is:
1. The point of the zoo spawns is to have a community activity. When you start to close the activity down to certain groups, then it is no longer what I thought the original intention was. Keep this in mind when shutting out NME (I don't like them, but they're still part of the community) or paying bribes to allow you to spawn to a group that has already publicly said that they WANT to raid you anyway.
2. Don't give them what they want. In this case, they want a fight more than they want control of the spawns. Or at least that's my impression.

So as far as I can tell, you have two options.
1. Ally all of the other PvP guilds you can get your hands on and raid the heck out of CONG all the time, making sure they get their fight, but ensuring their loss of Fel (we hope, but Catskills has done that in the past to a dominant Fel guild)
Or
2. Don't do the zoo spawns in Fel. There are other spawns which yield slightly less reward (I hear Bedlam is fun) or you could take the party to Doom. Everyone has a blue character or two they can use to still make this a community event.

Caving in to their demands will likely result in a betrayal and back to square one.

My advice is a combination of the two. For the next couple of weeks move the spawns to Tokuno or Bedlam or the Weald and work to assemble a protective force who can work together. Because in my experience, just 10 greater dragons with bolas will still get their tails handed to them unless they can actually use teamwork(I was warned, but we went anyway, 4-6 of them easily dispatched 10 of us).

In either case, don't pay the bribe.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Let us know what you all decide to do in regards to if EVERYONE is invited to the zoo charity spawns or if certain guilds like the one named in the OP are not invited.
We've chosen not to raid the zoo spawns since the last time (even though it doesnt qualify as a raid since it was after the spawn was completed that we went in there) in the spirit of good will.
I wonder who they are protecting you guys against in exchange for your Oaks skulls?
I mean when's the last time you've been raided? That one time by 3 NME after the spawn was over? Or is CONG threatening to raid ya'll if you don't give them skulls?
Either way we are always looking for a fight... so let us know.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am now of the opinion that all Zoo events should be canceled in Fel after being ICQed by a few different guilds offering to join the group next time we do a spawn. The problem is they have no interest in the spawn and more interest in smacking down a upstart blackmailing guild. I even heard from a old friend who offered to bring a guild over from the new shard he plays on. It would end up being 15 to 20 people doing the spawn and 80 hoping the blackmailer have the nerve to show up. With so many players just looking for a reason to PvP the original meaning of the Zoo Hunts will be lost. That meaning what was a fun evening where ANYONE on the shard could gather and play in peace and fellowship.

Even if we took along all these people for protection from blackmailers I'm sure somehow a innocent who was just there to help the Zoo would end up dead and things would get out of hand. Bad feeling would be directed towards those who organized the original hunt and I am sure something that a player values would be looted. Its a shame such a good intentioned event has to be ruined by one greed filled guild, but rather then it becoming a weekly PvP event I say we do something else for the Zoo.

ProZac

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am now of the opinion that all Zoo events should be canceled in Fel after being ICQed by a few different guilds offering to join the group next time we do a spawn. The problem is they have no interest in the spawn and more interest in smacking down a upstart blackmailing guild. I even heard from a old friend who offered to bring a guild over from the new shard he plays on. It would end up being 15 to 20 people doing the spawn and 80 hoping the blackmailer have the nerve to show up. With so many players just looking for a reason to PvP the original meaning of the Zoo Hunts will be lost. That meaning what was a fun evening where ANYONE on the shard could gather and play in peace and fellowship.

Even if we took along all these people for protection from blackmailers I'm sure somehow a innocent who was just there to help the Zoo would end up dead and things would get out of hand. Bad feeling would be directed towards those who organized the original hunt and I am sure something that a player values would be looted. Its a shame such a good intentioned event has to be ruined by one greed filled guild, but rather then it becoming a weekly PvP event I say we do something else for the Zoo.
srs business

C

CatLord

Funny moment in my uo history...

I agree with TimberWolf.

Yeah, I know...

Anyhow, We have a plan to stop Cong... heck, I always have a plan.

For more information please dial 911... or send me a PM.

Thank You.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also it should be noted I am the GM of Cong and heard nothing of this ******** nature. Of course I haven't been playing a lot lately. If it's just that my guild wants Oaks skulls they can stop being lazy and do it themselves, they can do them at any time they want.

I don't really care anymore about doing/protecting public harrowers anymore though also. I don't have the time to invest into this game really like I used to, nor the interest.

That being said these "stipulations" are obviously absurd and as far as I'm concerned invalid. I'm not going to sit here and blackmail the shard with spawns over some skulls... lol. If my guild wants to come up with a way for free skulls for their harrowers they can either do the spawns themselves, or organize a guild to branch off of ours for the intent of solely 'spawning'.

C

CatLord

These are the same stipulations you,... you... offered the One Circle, One Soul Alliance.

Funny coincidence...

Funny that you got the same reply...

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These are the same stipulations you,... you... offered the One Circle, One Soul Alliance.

Funny coincidence...

Funny that you got the same reply...
When you say you, you're implying I did it. I haven't wasted any time on this shard as of late. You're obviously refering to members of my guild who have no idea of what they are saying or doing.

Know what you're talking about before you speak.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wisdom and common sense...well said!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also it should be noted I am the GM of Cong and heard nothing of this ******** nature. Of course I haven't been playing a lot lately. If it's just that my guild wants Oaks skulls they can stop being lazy and do it themselves, they can do them at any time they want.

Well Sir...I was standing there when members of CONG said they can't do "OAKS" cause it is too hard! I think it is more likely, they are too lazy and don't want to modify their play style for a Karma spawn. Oaks is marginally more difficult than coon....if you know how to run it.

Obviously allowing a group to get 3 of any other skulls and pay 5 million in return for a single Oaks Skull speaks volumes to just how hard Cong finds doing "Oaks".

Laziness and greed make such good bed fellows.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I would have cross healed everyone but Im sure you saw I took a dirt nap face down most of the time haha (Thanks TW)..lol
Oh heres a question since I am NOT use to the Fel set rules..why is it that when a blue accidentally killed me.. another blue (thanks Anne) could NOT rezz me.. kept saying cant perform beneficial acts etc etc.. i mean even after like 3 minutes still couldnt..is there a link here that says all the Fel set rules etc so I can understand all this? Thanks and no Im NOT in a faction guild.
Just wondering...
Myst,

I just sent you a pm explaining how you died, why you died, and why you couldn't be rezzed.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny moment in my uo history...

I agree with TimberWolf.

Yeah, I know...

Anyhow, We have a plan to stop Cong... heck, I always have a plan.

For more information please dial 911... or send me a PM.

Thank You.

Now I really need to re-evaluate my thought process! I can deal with Mirage agreeing with me...but this is just going too far!

L

Lady Mystyka

Wisdom and common sense...well said!
I agree with Vallend..Theres other things we can do..
Bottom line..we went there.. we got it done , no one lost anything. and frankly I know I was healed a couple times by CONG (ty guys)and they did keep up their end of the 'deal'. Now we dont want their 'deal' on a continuing basis as it feels like blackmail (cause it is blackmail) LOL BUT it worked for us tonight just fine so ...
Nystul, (now that I know who the GM is) please tell your guild thank you for their help tonight and we wont be making any further deals with them but wish they would feel free to offer their protection free of charge in the future and help a great cause (Zoo)
Everyone have a great day :)

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Sir...I was standing there when members of CONG said they can't do "OAKS" cause it is too hard! I think it is more likely, they are too lazy and don't want to modify their play style for a Karma spawn. Oaks is marginally more difficult than coon....if you know how to run it.

Obviously allowing a group to get 3 of any other skulls and pay 5 million in return for a single Oaks Skull speaks volumes to just how hard Cong finds doing "Oaks".

Laziness and greed make such good bed fellows.
The point of your post?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I
Nystul, (now that I know who the GM is) please tell your guild thank you for their help tonight and we wont be making any further deals with them but wish they would feel free to offer their protection free of charge in the future and help a great cause (Zoo)
Sorry but there won't be any further deals :x. I won't be wasting my time with blackmail on others, I have others who do it to me, and I'm not going that low. If my guild don't like it then I'll go my seperate way.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point of your post?
My point was a simple one....before you stand around saying everyone needs to shut up unless they know what they are talking about...

Perhaps in this case it was you that didn't know what he was talking about.

Your guild did it...your guild said it...and then your guild entered into a deal to do it again.

Good luck with your other pursuits...you made Cats a less boring place.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point was a simple one....before you stand around saying everyone needs to shut up unless they know what they are talking about...

Perhaps in this case it was you that didn't know what he was talking about.

Your guild did it...your guild said it...and then your guild entered into a deal to do it again.

Good luck with your other pursuits...you made Cats a less boring place.
Show me where I said "everyone needs to shut up unless they know what they are talking about".

I'll be waiting old man.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nystul,

I am not going to get drawn into a pissing contest with you.

In this spawn thread you said it to Cat Lord...in the other thread about last night's Spawn you said it to flutter.

These are hardly the only times I have read these types of expressions from you over the years. It seems to be an expression you use fairly often.

And yes I am old....Is that your only point?

As I said...good luck

I wouldn't bother waiting for more replies...this subject isn't worth anyone's time.

For a while people put BS aside one night a week and just let everyone have fun. It was fun while it lasted but greed and laziness always screw it up eventually.

Raiding guilds raid...champing guilds champ,,, and everyone else pays for their scrolls or gets them given to them. Nothing ever changes...just the names of the characters involved.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In this spawn thread you said it to Cat Lord...in the other thread about last night's Spawn you said it to flutter.
Exactly. I said it to two people DIRECTLY. Nice job making the assumption and trying to make it look like I was saying it to everyone though with your earlier post.

Since this topic isn't worth your time then cya later. The door is that way. ---->

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If any guild or individual wants to get the a skull obtained by any community organized event that is attempting to earn resources for the community (ie: Zoo Spawns for gold to donate to the Zoo), they should buy it at market price through the same channels anything else obtained from the event is sold.

No community event should cater to any anti-community efforts.

C

CatLord

Report:
Last Alliance Meeting was a Birthday Surprise Party to Mathena.
At the end of it we got an offer from the GM of Cong.
(same thing... Oaks skull, bow down and lazyness)
There were 36 alliance members present.

(exact numbers: 16 at meeting plus 1 unguilded. 19 hunting but in Alliance chat)

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the end of it we got an offer from the GM of Cong.
No because I am the GM of Cong and I never made such offer. You got an offer from an idiot in the guild. I don't know how you do things in your guild, but I don't let randoms in my guild make the decisions.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, Okay. I probably won't be on long to continue this discussion since I feel like crap, but I assume there need not be any further discussion on the topic of us accepting CONG (or member of CONG)'s offer.

We will not be taking it.

Flutter raises a good point, we haven't really ever been raided and therefore am only in need for protection from CONG itself... which is sort of like negotiating with terrorists, in my opinion.

Now, next matter of business.

What do you all believe will be the best way to raise the most money for the Zoo now? Ilsh spawns for SoTs and Replicas? Doom for Arties? (altho, those are so damn rare I can't imagine it being worth our time) Miscellaneous Peerless? (also fairly rare to pull anything of real value)

It looks like Ilsh & Tokuno Spawns to me, what about you all?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****Wakes up shivering. The air is cold and damp. Eyes open, though it is to dark to see anything. What happened? Hagrid thinks to himself. It was no untamed monster that came at me. Why did this happen? Why? The treaty was broken? If so...Why? Why couldn't the treaty be abided by? Greed? Power? Maybe a combination of both?****

I suppose that I must now address the guild < due to Rules Of Conduct, I will not disclose the name > that has caused the disruptance of the single hour of an entire work week to be ruined. Did I even fight back? No. Did anyone even disclose why they were first attacking to me? No. I feel that that there are people who play Ultima Online for the thrill of PvP. And I'm cool with that. I really am. However...Attacking a very small group of people that are trying to enjoy the game itself for probably less than an hour out of an entire week? Most of which aren't even set up for PvP? Kinda like a convention of pinto drivers holding a race, then an owner of a porche shows up to beat them all. Maybe my thoughts are like whispers in the wind. Uber Pvp'ers attacking the meek. Or at least mostly so. There were a few who were PvP able, but simply not amongst enough who were, to muster a fight. I'm reminded of when General Custar mounted the attack against the "Indians"...nice, very nice. I'm quite possibly the most non aggressive player in all of Ultima Online. As I stand in a game, being attacked by a pet, or energy bolt, or sword blade...I can often be seen trying to reason with someone. Even just asking "Why?" But then, a thought enters my head...Oh, that's right, this is just a game. If this were a console game (not referring to X-box live or such) then I'd know what to expect. Shooting fish in a barrel. Yeah, that's fun. Attacking non-aggressors. Nice. Was it just going for the "kill score"? for you? I'm NOT proposing this...but in the early days of the zoo spawns I had given this some thought. If EVERYONE had truly agreed to abide by a peace treaty, for one \|/ Look for part 2 \|/

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
\|/part 2\|/ ...single night. Then I'd even be willing to show up for an hour for a PvP night. Heck, I know I'd be completely slaughtered. But, for the sake of the one hour of peace? It'd be a FAIR trade. I just can't believe that...well, its not worth even discussing.

****Wondering where he is, and even more so, how he GOT where he is, Hagrid slowly sits up, trying to figure things out.****