• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Necro/Tamer

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I think protection sets your fc/fcr at 0, regardless of your fc/fcr items, but I could be wrong. *hopes he's wrong*

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're not wrong. The penalty for protection is 0/0. There are a few spots where it is useful to have protection on, but the vast majority of the time you'll find most run without it. Being able to cast quickly in "most" instances is far more valuable.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Thought so. Hence, the reason I can't bring myself to run a toon with protection. :(

J

[JD]

damn. being guaranteed of that heal/invis has really improved my survivability. of course, the flip side is the damage output is lowered cause i have 0/0.

Appreciate the replies, it'll give me ideas on how and where I should play.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Here's another benefit of necro/tamer: 3 skeletal dragons + 1 greater dragon = army.

By the way, I changed my template and armor around a bit. He now looks like this:

120 Mage
120 SS
110 Taming
110 Lore
105 Necro
100 Vet
100 Med

Arties: Mark of Trav (necro/ss), Birds of Brit, RBC, Stitcher's, Orny, Arcane Shield, Quiver of Infinity, Conjurer's Robe, crimmy. Imbued items: ring-15 mage, 15 taming, 3fcr, 15 dci; dagger-50hf, -20, SC, 13 dci, 32 di, -1fc. Total: 100 lrc, 40 lmc, 7 mr, 51 dci, 2/6, 60s resists.