• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mysterious Stranger found [pictures!]

• Thread starter Lord Drakelord
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Beldon

I was doing really well versus him too. I had him honored and I was doing upto 140 on critcials. It was just after we got him down to about a third of his hits he was doing 110 to 120 a wack(it was only 25 at first). That was wearing a bloodwood darkwood set and sitting on a swampy with exceptional barding.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He is on LS right now....

Giving him stuff doesn't seem to work; "there is no container to put this in."

No key word we can think of works, including the ones on this thread.

No aggressive actions save for the "fear" paralysis.

No response to the Armageddon spell.

Does not respond to being given an Obsidian Blade or a Chaos shield.

No response to Black Rock.

Monsters don't attack it.

Jack-of-all-Trades stealing doesn't work.

Beneficial spells do nothing.

Following it does nothing, as it appears that it's moving randomly.

-Galen's player

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will reiterate, that when I ran across him on LA, he was off screen (meaning I only saw a Red Name), he did Mind Rot me and Freeze me. I had not participated in the Moonglow event (Andrew) event.

I am not sure it is entirely correct to say that he is only aggressive if attacked as I did nothing to him. In one sense I wonder what would have happened had my Greater Dragon been guarding me when he cast those spells.

Also someone suggested using the Hiryu but isnt that a Dragon based Mob? If so and this "Stranger" has some affinity with Dragons, wouldn't they have the same issues the Greater Dragons have?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went through the entire fight on LS, and did not attack it.

Healed, rezzed, etc., but did not attack.

At the end, as it died.....It said a bunch of stuff about how we had amused it, it was surprised that "mere mortals" could entertain it so, etc. "Here, have these trinkets. They mean nothing to me." Very unnerving stuff.

Those of you who were saying it was evil? Based on what it was saying at the end I'd say you were probably right.

At the very least, based on that, our characters have solid in-character reasons to think it's evil now...Beyond its color choice and the like.

Next time, I'm attacking it.

-Galen's player

D

Devils_Reject

we jus killed on napa only about 6 of us same stuff box jewels gold nothing unusual!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New score:
Catskills alliance: 3
Myxkion: 1

Darnit, I lost a patient! But only one. And I think he was one hit killed. Silly unarmored tamers.

Anyhow, they're definitely respawning now.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New score:
Catskills alliance: 3
Myxkion: 1

Darnit, I lost a patient! But only one. And I think he was one hit killed. Silly unarmored tamers.

Anyhow, they're definitely respawning now.

Cool that means I have a chance. :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
where on ls is he i know despise bust have not seen him

D

Devils_Reject

we killed ours on napa like 2 hours ago and it hasnt respawned :(

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Did you check all of Depise? He re spawned in a different spot on Siege.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
hmmm i been checking the ogre lord level ill try the other levels i did run into one guy who has seen one this am but wasnt sure if they had a set spawn location or not

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i didnt c this posted, but I just read this on uo.com

All Shards to be Published
Jeremy Dalberg

23 Jun 2008 12:19:00

All shards will be published with the following during their next regular maintenance:

- The chests the mysterious strangers leave behind will no longer be empty

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure about the timing. I must have gotten to the first one very late or the timing is somewhat random, as it was an hour and a half from killing the first on to starting the second one today, and now it's been about 2 hours since the second one spawned.

I would expect a new on on Cats any minute now, but I'm not going to stick around to see.

There is one box per Myxkion, and it may or may not be instanced. I haven't done any damage to two of the Myxkions, since I was busy healing, but I also haven't been quick enough to get to the box to check, and everyone else there (except for one stealther whom I don't know who it was, but I do have an idea) did significant damage to the beasty.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
well still checking all of despise and nothing yet must be a long timer or random or maybe only so many a day spawn

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Finally took the time to sign up on the temporay forums!

Interesting read so far... Thanks for all the testing peeps! :grouphug:

But we wonder, did amyone try anything with the Candle of Love? Bringing it, carrying it while fighting, giving it? Ehhh, what else can one do with a candle... We seem to remember they were said to become useful at a later stage...
And since this fella mentioned something abt darkness we just wondered whether now is the time. Have no time to go look ourselves. :( :(

And can anyone give info how well the obsidian blade hits Myxkion? (Not that we have any, hehe.)

kentuckyjoe

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got the one on Atlantic about 30 min ago. I'm broke, so who wants to start the bidding?...hehe.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Three or four fellows knocked off another one. I found the re spawn in less than 45 minutes. This time at the entrance.

D

Devils_Reject

killed spawn again on napa same old same old he does appear to randomly appear in diff parts of despice

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally took the time to sign up on the temporay forums!

Interesting read so far... Thanks for all the testing peeps! :grouphug:

But we wonder, did amyone try anything with the Candle of Love? Bringing it, carrying it while fighting, giving it? Ehhh, what else can one do with a candle... We seem to remember they were said to become useful at a later stage...
And since this fella mentioned something abt darkness we just wondered whether now is the time. Have no time to go look ourselves. :( :(

And can anyone give info how well the obsidian blade hits Myxkion? (Not that we have any, hehe.)
Excellent ideas.

I'll definitely give the Candle Blessed by Love a try.

Galen the character won't use an Obsidian Blade, so someone else'll have to try that.

-Galen's player

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would think that if the Obsidian Blades and presumably the Chaos Shield, if found effective vs the "Strangers" then one of two scenarios would apply. Both of which end up as a means for the citizens to arm themselves vs the next stage.

Scenario 1: The Vanguards are enemies of the "Strangers"
Scenario 2: The Vanguards are Allies of the "Strangers".

The Vanguards summoned allies as well and they were with out doubt "Evil".

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I have spotted him three times. Once just north of the champ spawn(this may vary on other shards and facets), at the steps down where the ettins are, and at the entrance. He does wander a bit going up and down steps and such.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic Shard:

East of Ogre Island..
Could use some help guys, I'm all alone with him!!!

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best I can tell the spawning is random. Saw it spawn within 10 min at one point after killing.

To whichever dev that thought of making the box a pick up item:

your a freakin genius. :gee:

Erasmus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Killed one moments ago on Baja, Despise (near the bridge to island)...So far it seems to spawn once a day?

There was a mad dash at the box which drops where he was standing when he was killed...

I must have opened it 2 times...then tried to move it and still nothing. Someone did get it so I do not know it there was trick to it?

I did get a bunch of new gems...slightly different then the old ones (laying all over ground).

I left the gold because well...monster loot (gold included sucks). People want others to pay millions for things they get in 15 minutes. However to obtain gold off of monsters to buy things takes days maybe weeks of farming (boring).

Took about 6-7 people 15 minutes, using spells, summons (ev, nf), and pets (3-4 mostly warhorses)..

Erasmus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
btw unless someone was very fast...the chest when opened...was in fact very empty.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Tamers, archers, and hand to hand folk can all do well. Stay away from the fire.

K

K'torr

Has any one had that little box disappear on them? A group of us just took him down in Despise and the Box showed up. A few of us tried to pick it up but got the message we couldn't. Then it disappeared and no one had it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Has any one had that little box disappear on them? A group of us just took him down in Despise and the Box showed up. A few of us tried to pick it up but got the message we couldn't. Then it disappeared and no one had it.

Did you try to open it?

K

K'torr

No, just tried to pick it up. Maybe one of the others tried to open it.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Lady in the Story Line had Frost gathering about her feet.

That suggest to me, she may be cold. Cold as in the Cold Mobs of Ice Dungeon.

Has anyone checked Ice Dungeon lately?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Lady in the Story Line had Frost gathering about her feet.

That suggest to me, she may be cold. Cold as in the Cold Mobs of Ice Dungeon.

Has anyone checked Ice Dungeon lately?

Unless the team has changed their collective mind, The Six will be spawning in the Dungeons of Sin (aka the Anti-Virtue Dungeons, or the "Legacy" Dungeons).

http://www.uoguide.com/Dungeons_of_Sin

-Galen's player

D

Devils_Reject

i checked ice dungeon earlier and nothing but i havent checked ice fel hmmm maybe ill do that now!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Do not die in a fire. It is embarrassing.

G

galefan2004

Jewels for the win!

Anyways, it seems that trained cus do pretty well. Just keep them out of the fire and everything is fine. I died once to that one shot fire move. It also should be mentioned that SW toons should pick up the ogre lords and send them to their death (dryad alure) and they can also be provoked onto the dude.

It was funny and sad that the only greater dragon there went grey and got eaten by the dude. My theory is the dude is lord of the dragons (or something like that) and making a dragon attack him makes that dragon very unhappy.

G

galefan2004

Story of this game.
The meleers were doing just fine when I fought him. Cross healing is your friend though, and get the mages to heal you.

In Revelations Satan is referred to as the great dragon. This seems to fit in with the Armagedon plot line. However, Armagedon is the end of the world. They said this shard would have realm changing effects in the end. Are they possibly going to totally destroy one realm? Are we losing Felucca or Trammel possibly? Course the obvious issues of housing comes into play though.