• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My thoughts on the Vesper Invasion

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Meh, another Huge unstoppable Mob spawn Event!! (Patent pending.) Nothing new here.

I am with you Dag, would be nice if everytime they threw an invasion it did not have to have every tamer on the shard show up to quell it.

The regular demons are easily killable by every class. The only ones which require some type of group effort are the red named ones (Crimson Dragons skinned as Demons). Even then, those are pretty infrequent.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The regular demons are easily killable by every class. The only ones which require some type of group effort are the red named ones (Crimson Dragons skinned as Demons). Even then, those are pretty infrequent.
Unless you're unlucky like me and find two in a row haha. Can we kill this thread seems it just devolved into an argument and yes I'd like mobs that can't one shot me too, but the nature of the game with magic items seems to have stopped that idea cold haha.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to find some on Cats but they haven't spawned yet when I've been on.. but I'm gonna take several slayer bows and see if there is any difference.. They really don't seem to be hard though.. if your in VE and hitting them quick with any bow.. they seem to die pretty fast.

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unless ur have been to a town on cat and have try to kill one solo why are you pancakes what slayer to use everyone play different any way.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, and i dont get into worthless arguments, but everything Zog said in this thread is flat out wrong. anyone who pays careful attention to EM events knows this. Yes a crimson dragon base can appear as a ogre skin, but then the slayer is the ogre. not other way around.
*yawn* Again, your explanation does not explain what happened. As Galen and I keep saying, sure, appearance is the general rule, but there are these occasional cases, and the simple explanation shows that UO is a nicely flexible game. Monster appearance is just a number, and it doesn't have to be hard-linked to the underlying attributes. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

I've posted screenshots of previous events with custom monsters. Your explanation simply does not suffice. Since the days of Seers, conjured individual monsters and spawn can be whatever's desired underneath, with whatever outward appearance (that is, available from existing art). That's how we get things like talking dragons.

Good lord, I've got a whole lot of trolls following me these days.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As yet another example, changing certain monsters' appearance (and this is just client-side, server-side is even more flexible) does not put them in a different slayer class. Appearance is just a number; to do otherwise is putting in an unnecessarily limitation in the game's programming.

daemons.png

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As yet another example, changing certain monsters' appearance (and this is just client-side, server-side is even more flexible) does not put them in a different slayer class. Appearance is just a number; to do otherwise is putting in an unnecessarily limitation in the game's programming.

View attachment 20733
yes zog. the monsters in your picture are vulnerable to dragon slayer, not deamon slayer.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It's really quite simple.
You've asked your question, we've answered multiple times.
The EMs cannot change the slayer type. The slayer type is the monsters' skins. Sometimes when a creature an EM made dies it gets the tag of the base of the monster and not the skin, but that does not change the fact (this is a fact) that the skin is what controls the slayer type. Whatever abilities the EM gives the monster from the long list of monster abilities, whatever it's skin is is what the slayer is.

This is why when people are wearing a undead slaying talisman all a person had to do was put on the sandals that made you into an orc and you got double damage against the person wearing the undead slayer. Same premise. It's the SKIN that makes the slayer. (and yes I know they fixed this for this specific instance)

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes zog. the monsters in your picture are vulnerable to dragon slayer, not deamon slayer.
Uh, guess what, they are not. Come on, do you really, really believe that? Do you even know what was happening in the picture?

I've heard people make crazy claims on UHall, but nothing like what you're saying. There's no way to change what the daemons really are underneath, no matter what they look like. Period. Are you that much of a troll after me that you'll take a contrarian position, no matter what?

A simple test on any shard would have proven this. Just now, against the same daemon with a serpentine dragon skin, holding a dragon slayer spellbook:

1.png

Holding a demon slayer spellbook is just as expected:

2.png

Holding no spellbook:

3.png

In other words, your claim about "slayer determined by skin" is about the most incorrect thing I have ever heard anyone say about UO mechanics, and you've had all the opportunity to think about it and test it through.

It's really quite simple.
You've asked your question, we've answered multiple times.
The EMs cannot change the slayer type. The slayer type is the monsters' skins. Sometimes when a creature an EM made dies it gets the tag of the base of the monster and not the skin, but that does not change the fact (this is a fact) that the skin is what controls the slayer type. Whatever abilities the EM gives the monster from the long list of monster abilities, whatever it's skin is is what the slayer is.

This is why when people are wearing a undead slaying talisman all a person had to do was put on the sandals that made you into an orc and you got double damage against the person wearing the undead slayer. Same premise. It's the SKIN that makes the slayer. (and yes I know they fixed this for this specific instance)
You've given no "answer," just the same runaround. Even Smoot's own statements demonstrate he isn't trying to account for everything. And you still can't comprehend the concept that skin is just another property, separate from slayer, usually linked but not necessarily so.

It wasn't just the sandals. We were doing this for a long time with just polymorph: someone holding a silver weapon in the Covetous lich room was very easy to kill with a couple of e-bolts. But it still wasn't about appearance. It's because the game thought the player was an orc underneath, just like wearing certain orc stuff gets you treated, guess what, like an orc by all other orcs.

But according to you guys, anytime there's no slayer available, all I'd need to do is a little editing to change it something that has a slayer vulnerability? That is seriously ludicrous.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uh, guess what, they are not. Come on, do you really, really believe that? Do you even know what was happening in the picture?

I've heard people make crazy claims on UHall, but nothing like what you're saying. There's no way to change what the daemons really are underneath, no matter what they look like. Period. Are you that much of a troll after me that you'll take a contrarian position, no matter what?

A simple test on any shard would have proven this. Just now, against the same daemon with a serpentine dragon skin, holding a dragon slayer spellbook:

View attachment 20734

Holding a demon slayer spellbook is just as expected:

View attachment 20735

Holding no spellbook:

View attachment 20736

In other words, your claim about "slayer determined by skin" is about the most incorrect thing I have ever heard anyone say about UO mechanics, and you've had all the opportunity to think about it and test it through.

You've given no "answer," just the same runaround. Even Smoot's own statements demonstrate he isn't trying to account for everything. And you still can't comprehend the concept that skin is just another property, separate from slayer, usually linked but not necessarily so.

It wasn't just the sandals. We were doing this for a long time with just polymorph: someone holding a silver weapon in the Covetous lich room was very easy to kill with a couple of e-bolts. But it still wasn't about appearance. It's because the game thought the player was an orc underneath, just like wearing certain orc stuff gets you treated, guess what, like an orc by all other orcs.

But according to you guys, anytime there's no slayer available, all I'd need to do is a little editing to change it something that has a slayer vulnerability? That is seriously ludicrous.

What shard are you even trying this on? I would like to test it myself on those same monsters.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same old Sonoma, but try it on any. It's not like these game mechanics are going to be any different.

Since I had the appropriate slayer spellbooks, I took a stealth mage with low SDI. Paralyzing the same "dragon" between e-bolts gave me time to take screenshots.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same old Sonoma, but try it on any. It's not like these game mechanics are going to be any different.

Since I had the appropriate slayer spellbooks, I took a stealth mage with low SDI. Paralyzing the same "dragon" between e-bolts gave me time to take screenshots.
Wait, so who changed the Demons into Serpentine Dragons?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you found 1 instance where it Is the case (im assuming those are normal everyday mobs?) that isnt the norm. just about every event has re-skined mobs, and they are all the skin that decides the slayer. i dunno why im even responding to you.

Simple way to find the slayer if your not sure - test all the slayers. end of arguement. the way most people have had success with immediately itentifying slyer is go wth the skin.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Try what on any shard? What are you even talking about now? We are talking about EM created monsters. What are YOU talking about?
Where are there serpentine dragons that are demons on any shard?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never said it was the norm. Please read what Galen and I have been saying so many times, for once?

Most of the time. But not 100%, not at EM events. Graphic is your first choice, though.
From the start, we said, sure, appearance is the best indicator of what slayer to use. But there was this weird occurrence, and I've done events where there was no slayer vulnerability. The game is well-designed that way.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
, all I'd need to do is a little editing to change it something that has a slayer vulnerability? That is seriously ludicrous.
No, that's not what we are saying AT ALL. Unless you are an EM and creating these mobs... it's not possible for the average player to "do a little editing" on a monster.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait....so the example to prove his point....Was him editing his own files? lol?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try what on any shard? What are you even talking about now? We are talking about EM created monsters. What are YOU talking about?
Where are there serpentine dragons that are demons on any shard?
Then you missed the point entirely. There are two others in this thread who claimed that skin=slayer, and I showed that they're wrong. Skin does not necessarily indicate slayer. Usually, sure, but the game does allow for separating them. Any decently coded game would have them as separate attributes, just like when I and others were writing 6502 code in the 1980s with video chip-based sprites and hi-res bitmapping. There's no programming logic to making things so tied together.

Now, you made the same claim a second about EMs' inability to "change the slayer type," which is in fact a poor design not supported by my experience, or Galen's recent experience.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then you missed the point entirely. There are two others in this thread who claimed that skin=slayer, and I showed that they're wrong. Skin does not necessarily indicate slayer. Usually, sure, but the game does allow for separating them. Any decently coded game would have them as separate attributes, just like when I and others were writing 6502 code in the 1980s with video chip-based sprites and hi-res bitmapping. There's no programming logic to making things so tied together.

Now, you made the same claim a second about EMs' inability to "change the slayer type," which is in fact a poor design not supported by my experience, or Galen's recent experience.

Dude....Really?

Yes Skin=Slayer when an EM OR DEV DOES IT. That changes the look of it to EVERYONE.

What YOU are doing, is changing your OWN files to make it look like a dragon to YOURSELF. ANYONE ELSE, SEES THE DEMON.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You do realize that when you change the skin of something in your own client it doesn't change that for everyone right?
You do realize that an EM creating a monster and then skinning it is what EVERYONE in this thread was talking about and that THAT SKIN is what determines the slayer right?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, that's not what we are saying AT ALL. Unless you are an EM and creating these mobs... it's not possible for the average player to "do a little editing" on a monster.
Do you even understand what "editing" I was even talking about? Promathia made a claim. I refuted it.

And no response on the orc thing, I see. You really haven't the foggiest clue how certain things worked.

Wait....so the example to prove his point....Was him editing his own files? lol?
Uh, wasn't it clear what I was doing? And that was to demonstrate a little point about what some Promathia guy (do you know him?) said.

I said,
I bring up the corpse because your notion doesn't fit what was observed.

Appearance is just a number. It isn't what a monster necessarily is underneath. On the client side, I can make a lich look like a dread spider. That doesn't change what slayer affects it.
And then that Promathia guy replied,

Yes, yes it does.
So there we go. I can change skins easily on the client side, and it's just as easy (if not easier) to change the number server-side.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dude....Really?

Yes Skin=Slayer when an EM OR DEV DOES IT. That changes the look of it to EVERYONE.

What YOU are doing, is changing your OWN files to make it look like a dragon to YOURSELF. ANYONE ELSE, SEES THE DEMON.
Now you're making excuses. After all, after I said that editing on the client-side could change a monster's appearance but not the slayer, you claimed,

Yes, yes it does.
You really shouldn't have said that, you know.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you even understand what "editing" I was even talking about? Promathia made a claim. I refuted it.

And no response on the orc thing, I see. You really haven't the foggiest clue how certain things worked.

Uh, wasn't it clear what I was doing? And that was to demonstrate a little point about what some Promathia guy (do you know him?) said.

I said,

And then that Promathia guy replied,

So there we go. I can change skins easily on the client side, and it's just as easy (if not easier) to change the number server-side.

Dude, you are either a complete and utter idiot or one of the best trolls I have seen.

The whole context of this WHOLE ARGUMENT, is about EM/Dev EVENTS.

Of course when YOU edit your OWN files it doesn't do ****. Jesus christ

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

You really haven't the foggiest clue how certain things worked.

Says the guy making the most asinine posts I've ever read on stratics. Really? Can you seriously SERIOUSLY sit there and say that ANYONE believed that if you changed the graphics ON YOUR COMPUTER it would change the slayer type the creature is? Really?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
zog at least try to be helpful when posting. your straight up lying to people who where confused about when a mobs corpse is different than the skin what slayer to use. thats the only reason im even responding. so your ranting doesnt mislead or confuse players more on what is generally the norm for all em created monsters.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Says the guy making the most asinine posts I've ever read on stratics. Really? Can you seriously SERIOUSLY sit there and say that ANYONE believed that if you changed the graphics ON YOUR COMPUTER it would change the slayer type the creature is? Really?
Wow, way to go upholding your own RoC. And what do you suppose you'd have done to me if I said the same thing, I wonder?

Here's the whole point. Please don't bother to deny it.

Appearance is just a number. It isn't what a monster necessarily is underneath. On the client side, I can make a lich look like a dread spider. That doesn't change what slayer affects it.
And then in the very next post,

Yes, yes it does.
Clearly I was talking client side.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Figures, I try to help legit players who are confused about EM Events, and I get Zog talking out of his ass and bringing up editing his own files.

I thought it was pretty damn clear what the context of the discussion is, but leave it to some stupidass to twist it around.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow, way to go upholding your own RoC. And what do you suppose you'd have done to me if I said the same thing, I wonder?

The whole context of the discussion was at EM Events. When you said that, it went back to "IF I WAS AN EM AND CHANGED IT". THATS how it was taken, thats how I responded.

Why the hell would the discussion turn into "If I edit my own files to make it look like that"

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
zog at least try to be helpful when posting. your straight up lying to people who where confused about when a mobs corpse is different than the skin what slayer to use. thats the only reason im even responding. so your ranting doesnt mislead or confuse players more on what is generally the norm for all em created monsters.
As I keep quoting,

Yes, yes it does.
Again, clearly I was talking client side, so kindly stop with your ridiculous accusation of lying.

And the point is that changing something on the client side is no more difficult than changing appearance server-side, e.g. making a custom monster that isn't vulnerable to a slayer, with whatever artwork is available. That's the whole point of a flexible game, that monsters can be that well customized. There's no point otherwise to coding limitations, especially because of the time it takes to put them in. It's far easier to keep all attributes, including what artwork is called up, separate and easy to change individually.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I keep quoting,

Again, clearly I was talking client side, so kindly stop with your ridiculous accusation of lying.

And the point is that changing something on the client side is no more difficult than changing appearance server-side, e.g. making a custom monster that isn't vulnerable to a slayer, with whatever artwork is available. That's the whole point of a flexible game, that monsters can be that well customized. There's no point otherwise to coding limitations, especially because of the time it takes to put them in. It's far easier to keep all attributes, including what artwork is called up, separate and easy to change individually.
your lying and misleading catskills players who were confused by the corpse not matching the skin. and what slayer to generally use in those cases. which are common at EM events.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Omg

EM Events - What the monster looks like = the slayer

IF YOU ARE CHANGING THE ART FILES IN YOUR CLIENT YOURSELF, THAT DOES NOT WORK. IT IS ASININE TO THINK IT EVEN WOULD.

The WHOLE DISCUSSION was about an EM Event, and the slayers at an EM EVENT.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Figures, I try to help legit players who are confused about EM Events, and I get Zog talking out of his ass and bringing up editing his own files.

I thought it was pretty damn clear what the context of the discussion is, but leave it to some stupidass to twist it around.
Way to go, dude, violating the RoC is the spirit when you've got nothing else left!

The whole context of the discussion was at EM Events. When you said that, it went back to "IF I WAS AN EM AND CHANGED IT". THATS how it was taken, thats how I responded.

Why the hell would the discussion turn into "If I edit my own files to make it look like that"
Because my point was about the ease of a client-side change, which is just as easy server-side (how many different ways do I have to say this?), and you misunderstood. You could have raised your hand if you didn't understand.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

The whole context of this post was about EM created monsters. So your reaching now saying "if i changed a dread spider.." we assume you are talking about AS AN EVENT MODERATOR since OF COURSE changing the graphic just for your own personal viewing isn't going to change anything in the game. NO one would say such a thing. This post is about EM created monsters or MOBs and that's what every single person except you apparently were talking about in this thread.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
your lying and misleading catskills players who were confused by the corpse not matching the skin. and what slayer to generally use in those cases. which are common at EM events.
There was no "lie" at all. Never once did I tell players anything about not using demon slayers, just that there was one anomaly. Galen and I have said from the beginning, but you keep ignoring that, that appearance certainly dictates the first choice of slayer. But here was a hydra corpse after a monster wasn't being affected as it should. And from the beginning, I've questioned why an EM would do something so crazy: error, or purposely so a dexxer wouldn't have a damage advantage (e.g. over a tamer)?

If you're going to accuse me of lying, at least be plausible about it.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Omg

EM Events - What the monster looks like = the slayer

IF YOU ARE CHANGING THE ART FILES IN YOUR CLIENT YOURSELF, THAT DOES NOT WORK. IT IS ASININE TO THINK IT EVEN WOULD.

The WHOLE DISCUSSION was about an EM Event, and the slayers at an EM EVENT.
Well guess what, amigo, when I wrote,

you then replied,

Yes, yes it does.
I couldn't have been more clear in what I was saying, but what you're denying now, you claimed was truth.

And when you said you'd have to test it yourself, just how do you suppose I changed the artwork in the first place? Did you really think I changed something server-side?

You're backtracking so much now that it's no longer funny.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The whole context of this post was about EM created monsters. So your reaching now saying "if i changed a dread spider.." we assume you are talking about AS AN EVENT MODERATOR since OF COURSE changing the graphic just for your own personal viewing isn't going to change anything in the game. NO one would say such a thing. This post is about EM created monsters or MOBs and that's what every single person except you apparently were talking about in this thread.
Now it's you. Seriously, when I posted the screenshots, and I clearly stated it was on Sonoma, how did you think I changed the artwork?

Yes, yes it does.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was no "lie" at all. Never once did I tell players anything about not using demon slayers, just that there was one anomaly. Galen and I have said from the beginning, but you keep ignoring that, that appearance certainly dictates the first choice of slayer. But here was a hydra corpse after a monster wasn't being affected as it should. And from the beginning, I've questioned why an EM would do something so crazy: error, or purposely so a dexxer wouldn't have a damage advantage (e.g. over a tamer)?

If you're going to accuse me of lying, at least be plausible about it.
Yeah, this happens ALL THE TIME. the corpse not matching the skin. Its the norm at EM events. you use the skin to quickly identfy the slyer.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We all thougth you were talking as if you were an EM and changed or, of if you were on a player shard or something.

Why would anyone think the discussion would go to "If I change my own files so only I see it as a dragon"

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
No one could have POSSIBLY thought you were talking about just changing the graphic for your own personal use. No one is that stupid. You're fighting a losing battle. Please stop before the entire thread gets locked. We like to actually help people who sincerely are interested in helping themselves.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, this happens ALL THE TIME. the corpse not matching the skin. Its the norm at EM events. you use the skin to quickly identfy the slyer.
I've told you already to read what Galen and I wrote, namely that we don't deny the norm is to use a slayer appropriate for appearance (or even name). Kindly give him and me the courtesy of reading our posts, thanks.

But it's not always the case. Once in a while there's an anomaly. Why do you so strenuously deny that point?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We all thougth you were talking as if you were an EM and changed or, of if you were on a player shard or something.

Why would anyone think the discussion would go to "If I change my own files so only I see it as a dragon"
Oh for crying out loud, I couldn't have been more plain in talking about client-side, and then you even said you were going to test it yourself. How could that be unless we were both EMs? I'm not. Are you?

Come on, now, at least be consistent in what you say.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh for crying out loud, I couldn't have been more plain in talking about client-side, and then you even said you were going to test it yourself. How could that be unless we were both EMs? I'm not. Are you?

Come on, now, at least be consistent in what you say.
I "Tested" it at the damn invasion on Catskills THAT THIS WHOLE THREAD WAS ABOUT.

Noone EVER thought you could change your OWN art files to change its slayer type. This WHOLE THREAD was in reference to EM Events.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No one could have POSSIBLY thought you were talking about just changing the graphic for your own personal use. No one is that stupid. You're fighting a losing battle. Please stop before the entire thread gets locked. We like to actually help people who sincerely are interested in helping themselves.
Like I said, I couldn't have been more clear in what I was saying.

Yes, yes it does.
Hmm, client side, client side, yeah, I suppose to those unfamiliar with UO's real mechanics, that can be a very ambiguous term.

Seriously, the second you saw me mention bodyconv.def, you should have known what I was talking about.

And why stop, because you just can't accept the game is more flexible than you think, or is it because you've violated the RoC you're supposed to be upholding? Because Promathia said something and wishes he could take it back? Because Smoot is trolling me?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I "Tested" it at the damn invasion on Catskills THAT THIS WHOLE THREAD WAS ABOUT.

Noone EVER thought you could change your OWN art files to change its slayer type. This WHOLE THREAD was in reference to EM Events.
Oh really? It seems some guy "Promathia" -- do you know him? -- did.

Yes, yes it does.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol you are such a troll.

My bad for assuming you were actually "On topic" of the thread, which was all a discussion about EM Events.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
No one is dumb enough to believe that if you changed your art files so that everything in your game was a deamon so you could just carry your demon slayer around.
Why would anyone even THINK that?
The topic of this thread was at an EM event a monster died that looked like a demon and had a hydra corpse. This monster. Made by an EM.
When you said something about changing the skin we assumed you meant as an EM or Dev because YOU AS A PLAYER CANNOT CHANGE THE SKIN FOR EVERYONE.
Have mercy.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol you are such a troll.

My bad for assuming you were actually "On topic" of the thread, which was all a discussion about EM Events.
Thanks for the non-answer answer. And I've hardly been a "troll." Show me where I've done anything of the kind.

If you want to go back to the beginning, it all started because I pointed out a few things you can't comprehend:

That may be your experience, but that hydra corpse by itself proves it isn't necessarily the case always. Warpig is correct that it's entirely possible for a monster to be something it's not, which is how EMs (and Seers before them) can do the things they do.

One of the nice things about UO is its flexible design. A monster can be spawned, automatically from a scenario or manually, and have whatever attributes are desired with whatever artwork is available. Which artwork is simply a few numbers. Have you ever played around with bodyconv.def? I have. You can make a balron look like another monster, if you want. That's just on the player side.

http://stratics.com/community/threads/not-possible-to-restore-the-ccs-original-balron-art.301203/
Now how is that trolling?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No one is dumb enough to believe that if you changed your art files so that everything in your game was a deamon so you could just carry your demon slayer around.
Why would anyone even THINK that?
The topic of this thread was at an EM event a monster died that looked like a demon and had a hydra corpse. This monster. Made by an EM.
When you said something about changing the skin we assumed you meant as an EM or Dev because YOU AS A PLAYER CANNOT CHANGE THE SKIN FOR EVERYONE.
Have mercy.
"No one"? Really? Well, amiga,

Yes, yes it does.
It was as clear as crystal what I meant. Promathia even asked what shard so he could test it himself. Now how would that be possible unless he and I were both EMs?