• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Multi Lingual Players

G

Today I have met several non english speaking players. I think this is really awesome but I cant talk to them.

Can I get a list of players that are multi lingual and what languages you speak so I can refer them to you for help?

Lets help the new players assimilate to the game!

Thanks

G

<blockquote><hr>

Today I have met several non english speaking players. I think this is really awesome but I cant talk to them.

Can I get a list of players that are multi lingual and what languages you speak so I can refer them to you for help?

Lets help the new players assimilate to the game!

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
I speak American and a smattering of English.

I

imported_Mavric

<blockquote><hr>

I speak American and a smattering of English.

[/ QUOTE ]

I speak pretty good American at times, been learnin me some hick and hillbilly.
Now my wife speaks German, French, and some Russian, but hell she's just a blonde so she doesn't count.

Mavric

G

I've been known to utter a few words in pig latin.

not what you had in mind huh?

G

You guys are a riot!

Mav would your wife be interested in helping?

I

imported_Fire Dragon

That is one aspect of SL that is good, in my opinion. Ppl have scripted translators, albeit, not the best, but they certainly help when trying to converse on a very basic level with ppl whom English isn't their first language. Not sure if that will be something that can be used here in the future or not. I know it won't help in this instance unfortunately.

I

imported_gensi

I'm using an online translator to talk to a Brazilian guy, and I'm sure I'm mangling it all up. Someone help!! ACK!!

I

imported_debslee

Kia Ora Mate! (this is as good as it gets with Maori) - and can speak a bit of Australian - "Gday Mate"
But fairly fluent in New Zealand English:
"Rattle your dags mate and lets go have a barbie at the bach in the Wop Wops"

I

imported_Piyo Piyo

I have met some players from china. but he speaks english..lol

if u need help in translating chinese...im here!!!

Piyo

G

Yeah i have run into a few guys speaking Portuguese. I have been able to communicate a tad with them with Spanish/English but i couldn't make them understand alot of things about the game. I feel for them tho lol. I can help out with Spanish speaking peeps if the need comes up.

I

imported_Juniper Skye

I've run into lots of Russians in the past few days.

G

Aweome can some spanish speaking person like yourself come to my house and talk to these folks? And maybe one or 2 english speakers to talk to me.

I'm at City Park, thanks!

I

imported_debslee

New Zealand English is not that much different from your English. I said above with tongue in cheek...however they have sayings that sometimes you need translation for - check this link

I

imported_MattelMichele

J'aime employer des poissons de Babel et manger des biscuits.
Translation: I like using babel fish and eating cookies.

G

send francophones my way! I love practicing my french when I can. I currently have a french friend on xbox 360 which is even cooler because there is voice chat. of course, typing and reading is easier since that is most of the practice I get.

G

I understand Spanish but sometimes have trouble speaking it.

Nopt sure if that would be much help.

Here's a website that might be able to help you with translations

I

imported_gensi

I used Babel Fish and it helped a lot.
Bad translations lol but understandable.

G

Sé hablar español bastante para sobrevivir, pero solamente muy un poco.

Eu não posso falar o português em tudo!

G

You guys rock!

Can everyone PM me a list of sim names and languages *begs* in english please. I'll keep it handy for when i need help!

I

imported_gensi

Dammit woman!! Where were you a coupla hours ago??!

That's it, I'm giving them all your name.

G

<blockquote><hr>

That's it, I'm giving them all your name.

[/ QUOTE ]¡Soy agradecido al Dios para el nombre cambio!

I

imported_gensi

Ooooh but my dear, I have you bookmarked, the name change doesn't hide you.

G

Usted no sabe que los hombres nunca cambian? Estas soniando Chica!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Usted no sabe que los hombres nunca cambian? Estas soniando Chica!

[/ QUOTE ]I think you're missing an accent mark and a tilde here and there, but this is the best I was able to translate:

"You do not know that men never change? You are dreaming girl!"

G

I'm not sure if that's what he meant to say, but - how can I argue with that?

G

Can't do the accent marks with this particular keyboard.

::whispers: i'm a she !!!::

I

imported_Founder

Hey Nikki; you know me in the game as Dmitry Kristal and as my name suggests, I speak fluent russian.

I actually did help a new player out who only spoke russian...we went to the store and bought the things he needed, but I dont think he plays anymore after the merges.

So if Im not Sim Working, I'm available to interpet...I have both english and russian keyboards set up on my PC.

And yes, sometimes if I feel sinister, i curse in russian at some players and of course, I cant get banned for that :p

I

imported_gensi

That's awesome Founder!

Come out, come out you bilingual sims.

We promise not to bite. (too hard)

G

<blockquote><hr>

That's awesome Founder!

Come out, come out you bilingual sims.

We promise not to bite. (too hard)

[/ QUOTE ]

At least not unless you like it.

Adding you to my list founder thanks!

G

Swedish, finnish, (norwegian, danish).
But most of those people know english, unless they are little kids.

G

I definitely have you, and everyone else whos sim I'm sure of, if I dont know your sims please list them or PM me please!

H

hollythor

Sounds like a good idea, but there is one word they know in english. ROSEBUD I keep seeing this, trying hard not to pee my pants from laughter.

S

swissmoonbeam

Yeah, I've come across a lot of Portuguese speakers lately. I've tried to pull out my tiny tiny bit that I speak, lol. (only lived there for 3months) Then I have to drag hubby in to try and speak to them, hehehe. He's fluent in German as well.

moon

G

*Adds Moons hubby to the list*

j/k...well sorta

Can I add you to the list?

G

I speak Dutch, English,French, German and some Italian.

I understand some (but not much) Spanish and Portugese.

I only play in TC3 for now though.

I

imported_SimTripps

Je suis bilingue français et anglais - it has helped many times! One of the advantages (or disadvantages) of living in eastern Canada - we can thank the Trudeau government for mandatory French in public schools lol...

P

PHREEKESIM

lmao...Just out of curiosity, I used the translater that someone linked on an LOL. A very basic como estas (how are you) the translation it gave was "like these" lol... not even close and that's on a common Spanish word... I suggest not trusting the online stuff...

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

One of the advantages (or disadvantages) of living in eastern Canada - we can thank the Trudeau government for mandatory French in public schools lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

Disadvantage I'd say...being minority and all, but +1 for you having a language up on myself (AB living Canadian).

I

imported_oligizmo

Hola Hola My friends!!

Nikki if you still taking names. I would like to help. I have been spending time with some folks from Brazil and Portugal. I speak Spanish and English and understand most of latin language but a little less french and italian. My sim name is America.

Hope all is well with everyone!