• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Morgaine RL tragedy

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You shouldnt see much of me or see many posts from me after this for the next few days, if not more. My younger brother was seriously injured earlier today in a car accident, so I will be spending most of my time with my family and my brothers new wife at the hospital. =/
I am very sorry to here this. I wish your brother a speedy recovery.
Blessed be.

Y

Yen Sid

I'm sorry to hear that Morg. My Prayers go out to your brother and you and your family in hopes that he will make a speedy recovery.:heart:

F

Frey Wavestrider

Just adding my thoughts and prayers to this link also. As I said in the other thread. This is but a game and rl is first. I hope to see you soon but only after your brother is recovered.

Take care and angels guard you and yours

E

Eyes of Origin

I have a few moments before I have to get some sleep, but wanted to say Thank you.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry to hear your brother has been injured. I'm hoping he has a speedy recovery. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.....*big hugs!*

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dreems,

You and yours are in my prayers with wishes for a full recovery, and peace of mind and spirit.

M

Michael Wolf

My best wishes to you and your family and a speedy recovery to your brother.

C

Crystal Canyon

I'm sorry to hear about your brother's accident, Morgaine. I will be praying for your family and for your brothers speedy recovery. Keep the faith Lady. :hug:

I

Izzie

Fredrick and Isabella add their prayers to the rest. We will have good thoughts for a speedy recovery.

M

Mayadevi

More prayers from the Great white north !

I hope your brother is mending up fast. We'll still all be here getting ourselves trounced by monsters when you get back . :wall:

E

Eyes of Origin

Hi everyone :) I just wanted to say Thank you again for all the best wishes.
My brother will be getting released from the hospital hopefully in the next day or two. He's recovering, but in much pain and the full recovering will take weeks if not months. We are just thankful that it was not worse.
I guess, its just a reminder that life is short and we never know what will happen. Also, that motorcycles are dangerous! lol Like, I have said to a few already, maybe now his new bride will be able to talk him out of riding anymore :lol: but for some reason I highly doubt it, as he has already mentioned getting a new one rolleyes: Men! lol stubborn creatures they are :)

M

Mayadevi

Men? Stubborn ? *nodNODnods*

Glad to hear he is getting released today Morgaine !

Will continue the good thoughts and prayers for a speedy less painful than expected recovery.

M

Michael Wolf

First of all, glad to hear he's doing ok. Tell him to look up an online group to chat with while he's down, I joined a Harley Digest while I was recovering for 14 months. Helped keep my spirits up.

Now, as far as "Also, that motorcycles are dangerous!" so is taking a shower yet I recommend we all do it, frequently I might add. I would also recommend everyone learn to ride a motorcycle, it would make them all more aware of bikes in traffic, and that would inherently make motorcycles safer since 99% of all motorcycle accidents are the fault of the OTHER motor vehicle. Motorcycles aren't dangerous, cars are dangerous, and most people don't know how to drive them.

And if he's got it in his blood, you won't stop him. I spent 14 months in therapy and had to learn a new occupation due to a motorcycle accident. The day I got the settlement from the Other Vehicle's! insurance, I bought a new bike. After watching my head snap around every time I heard a bike go by for 14 months, my wife (girlfriend at the time) was not only happy to help pick it out, but put a down payment on it so the guy would hold it till the insurance check cleared. And she was the one who had to nurse me through the 14 months of recuperation and support me until I got a settlement.

So don't fight it. Be glad he doesn't take up sky diving or mountain climbing instead.

P.S. still riding 14 years later, and the now wife still loves to ride on the back.

E

Eyes of Origin

Michael, thank you :) and you're right, if its in the blood, he wont quit riding. If hes anything like our father, who was also in a motorcycle accident years ago and still rides to this day, my brother will be at the shop buying another one as soon as he can. :)
I agree, most accidents I hear about and my brothers accident were at someone elses fault. Too many people dont pay attention.
I guess, you would have to be here to understand the comment. When my sister in law and mom got to see him at the hospital after this happened, that was the first thing they both told him. My sons and my brothers son always always tell us they are going to grow up and learn how to ride motorcycles like their Papa and daddy. You can imagine with everything that has happened in the last week, how many times they have heard that they wont, but I know when the time comes, they will learn and their Papa and daddy will be right there teaching them. :)

M

Michael Wolf

If it's become generational then it's really hopeless. Best bet is to get them dirt bikes early so they learn to ride really well from an early age, it will improve their riding skill in a much safer environment than city traffic.

Arnell told me last night that she felt the same way as you when she came to get me at the hospital. Said she didn't say anything at first and figured she'd give it time for me to realize how hurt I was, but after seeing how much I missed riding she realized quitting riding wasn't an option for either of us so she never mentioned it.

My father was a biker, my mother never let me ride even a mini bike. Hence I learned to ride in California traffic. So she didn't stop me, just held me back a bit. And the funny thing, throughout my teanage years I broke my nose 3 times, my fingure and a rib once and trashed a knee ligament, all playing santioned sports, and mom never made me quit the high school football team or church basketball team, but let me get on a minibike, never.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm so happy to hear your brother is recovering, Morgaine.

Michael is proof that genetic coding must be worked with, not fought against! ;)