• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moochers at job sites.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't understand why ppl get so upset about the freeloaders in the factory. I would understand if payouts would have to be shared, but they're not taking anything from you...

[/ QUOTE ]

Payouts are shared.
(At least in the restaurant, I haven't worked much at the factory.)

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't understand why ppl get so upset about the freeloaders in the factory. I would understand if payouts would have to be shared, but they're not taking anything from you...

[/ QUOTE ]

But why would I want to work hard to money in someone else's pocket that has done nothing to contribute? Yeah sorry doesn't make sense to me!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Payouts are shared.

[/ QUOTE ]

The payout in the factory is based on how many robots are finished, regardless of how much someone in the factory contributes. So if 3 or 4 people run their little pixelated butts off to open stations, fix &amp; repair quickly, and stay focused to optimize the number of robot that make it thru, it's just irritating that someone collects the same amount of money, for doing nothing.

Sometimes the semi-AFK workers (the ones that 'wake up', and start doing stuff without checking out who is where, doing what [grr]) even get in the way...blocking repair cabnits, stations or robots, cutting someone's que off and leaving them in the tracks to die, if it is laggy.

Some workers do it deliberately, to mess with others, especially if the chat comments have been testy or rude about the slacker.

All the jobs are different from each other, but factory is the only one where you can die, because of the behavior of other workers.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Payouts are shared.

[/ QUOTE ]

The payout in the factory is based on how many robots are finished, regardless of how much someone in the factory contributes. So if 3 or 4 people run their little pixelated butts off to open stations, fix &amp; repair quickly, and stay focused to optimize the number of robot that make it thru, it's just irritating that someone collects the same amount of money, for doing nothing.

Sometimes the semi-AFK workers (the ones that 'wake up', and start doing stuff without checking out who is where, doing what [grr]) even get in the way...blocking repair cabnits, stations or robots, cutting someone's que off and leaving them in the tracks to die, if it is laggy.

Some workers do it deliberately, to mess with others, especially if the chat comments have been testy or rude about the slacker.

All the jobs are different from each other, but factory is the only one where you can die, because of the behavior of other workers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I finally gave the factory another shot.
My first timer joined 2 (3?) others and we each took control of 2 stations.
But soon, the sim at the stations just after mine started to fall behind, and I tried to lend a hand.
On the next shift, the same sim said she had to go afk 'for a minute' and I tried to fill in - when she got back, she took over again but quickly fell behind, leading me to think she needed help.
Now, nobody said anything to me, but from what I am reading here, what I did (trying to help) was wrong - but if I didn't, the line would have slowed or stopped.
Sooo, what the deal? Should I have kept to my 2 stations?

Edit: Just for clarity, I was not asked to help, I did it on my own.

I

imported_TraciRK

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Because when you are in the upper factories, you can say you are doing the work of 3 with one but that is impossible. If a machine breaks down, you cannot grab 3 tools with 1 sim like would happen if there were actually three players. No, we don't share payouts but this affects the amount of bots we get done so it is cutting our pay.

I love working with the chaos crew, we get more bots done than if we all sit politely and wait for someone to ask for help. If you actually ever watched, you would notice that we each have a tool we call and run for and we know that person will be getting that tool so we don't have to run out there to get it and die. It is actually more organized than it looks. By the time the diagnose is done there are 3 tools there ready to repair, we lose less bots and get higher pay.

I have been yelled at for helping to fix a machine, even though it could be activated right after diagnose was done. Then the same person got pissed when he needed 3 tools and I just stood and watched him, might have done a backflip or two. I have no problem being iggied, heck I iggy people who don't like teamwork. So more than likely we are iggying each other at same time. I enjoy getting as many bots done as possilbe and laughing while I'm doing it, some prefer to stand at their 1 or 2 machines and fix everything themselves no matter how long it holds up the others and that is great for them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Payouts are shared.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I finally gave the factory another shot.
My first timer joined 2 (3?) others and we each took control of 2 stations.
But soon, the sim at the stations just after mine started to fall behind, and I tried to lend a hand.
On the next shift, the same sim said she had to go afk 'for a minute' and I tried to fill in - when she got back, she took over again but quickly fell behind, leading me to think she needed help.
Now, nobody said anything to me, but from what I am reading here, what I did (trying to help) was wrong - but if I didn't, the line would have slowed or stopped.
Sooo, what the deal? Should I have kept to my 2 stations?

Edit: Just for clarity, I was not asked to help, I did it on my own.

[/ QUOTE ]

When lagging, it is necessary to que several actions at a time in order to not fall behind, and if we are lagging, we can't always shift focus, in a timely fashion. This can be deadly.

Helping is fine....sometimes it is the only way to keep the assembly line going......as long as everyone understand that if someone who is moving slower than you (lagging), ques' up that station, their avatar will continue the action and may end up in the middle of the track, if they are blocked....or you may be blocked and catch an exploding robot!

It is a risk everyone should take into consideration, before 'helping'. If you think some one is not able to handle it, ask if they want you to take that station for them....it can't hurt...and they might explain what their problem is, or get them to focus on the factory, instead of whatever is distracting them.