• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Moochers at job sites.

M

MandiK

Is reporting these people in game the only thing we can do?

The ones that just stand there and wont work, and just want the free money. I had a kid earlier, his bio said he was 11. I didnt know he wasnt going to work until the round started, and I hate leaving in the middle of rounds because it counts against me & my promotion.

What else is there to do about these people? And does reporting them in game actually solve anything?

I

imported_Juniper Skye

I don't think reporting in game would help but as far as I know if you ignore them you wont be sent to work with them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The ones that just stand there and wont work, and just want the free money. I had a kid earlier, his bio said he was 11. I didnt know he wasnt going to work until the round started, and I hate leaving in the middle of rounds because it counts against me &amp; my promotion.

What else is there to do about these people? And does reporting them in game actually solve anything?

[/ QUOTE ]
If he claims to be 11 years old in his bio, it is a violation of the ToS. Underage (13 without specific permission from EA) or *pretending* to be is a no-no.
Report it.

G

Many people don't have lure. Most robot ppl have the standard creativity/ mech and logic.
So for those of you not able to lure ... try any dance or play interaction.
They dont have to accept it. You can x it out once they start to move.
But if they are afk eventually you can get them to wind up on the tracks.
Good luck. I have not that problem since hitting supra.
If you have done that many rounds... you are a serious worker.
Is actually the opposite at that level. 8 machines / 6 ppl
So ppl argue a little over who only gets one machine and who gets to have two.
Supras are a pretty dedicated bunch when it comes to making money.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't think reporting in game would help but as far as I know if you ignore them you wont be sent to work with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I do, and it does work...

...thank GOD!

G

As far as I know, the Report A Player no longer works properly... I reported and got email from EA they won't take it, beacuse it was just some words (like that I talk like a girl with period?!?) and they IGNORED IT, and Ignore doens't work the best, beacuse if they get to work place earlier, you are moved to another spot. I always waste my green a bit beacuse I come to my job lot early.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

If they really are afk, you can bookmark your friends with lure to come too. I'm sure many of them would jump at a chance to lure a loaf.

Unfortunately, interactions and lure don't help at all if this is just a griefer standing around and not afk. They can deny all interactions.

You really are better off just giving up the one round towards promotion , putting them on ignore and leaving. It's pretty quick and painless. You won't ever have to see that person again once you take this action.

S

Sideliner

It would be nice to be able to report them. Have an automatic warning sent to them and if they didn't respond. They would be fired from their job and demoted or have a certain number of shifts taken away from their tally.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I'd still prefer lockup rooms on each jobsite where loafers could be lured. Once in the jailcell their needs decay so fast they starve to death before the first round of work is over.

D

DGLita

It fills my little sim's heart with joy when a freeloader turns up at the factory.Its the only reason she works there.

She may not have a lot of mech or logic, but those Lure skills are firmly locked in place, and there is nothing more satisfying than luring a freeloader onto the tracks and activating that station

G

It is irratating to have them come in and use the idle/afk. Let a round go and then when the next round starts they are automatically there saying "I'm back". By that time I have already put them on ignore. I tell people all the time to put them on ignore.

I give credit to one lady, she had to go afk and knew she wouldn't be back before the round started, she actually walked outside the factory and then went afk. When she came back the round was almost over and she came back in to work. That is how it should be done all the time. If you must go afk, walk out the door.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The ones that just stand there and wont work, and just want the free money. I had a kid earlier, his bio said he was 11. I didnt know he wasnt going to work until the round started, and I hate leaving in the middle of rounds because it counts against me &amp; my promotion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't report these people for not doing a sim job. maybe, perhaps real life happened. idk but you shouldn't report people for dumb reason like this. I hate people who report nonsense.

Just like another post in this thread said, "Ignore feature helps alot so this won't happen again."

P

Paula778

I don't understand why ppl get so upset about the freeloaders in the factory. I would understand if payouts would have to be shared, but they're not taking anything from you...

When I was a factory worker I noticed most ppl hated sharing stations, hogging 2 or three and others that showed up late had to beg for a station! Was hard to look at lol

All those hundreds unnecessary reports just take away precious developing time in my eyes! Not to mention how childish it must look like!

G

I would not report them for not doing the job, but I would report them for putting that they were 11 years old on their bios.

Either they are underage and making a target of themselves, or they are a preditor trying to lure underage kids.
Either way, it is a ToS violation.

The most annoying problem with loafers, is that they usually don't tell you until the line is clogged that they are not going to work or are going AFK 'for a minute', after they have been assigned a station, and the round has started. It's enough to make any factory worker 'murderous'.

M

mysticlisa516

I use to take 3 sims to work in the factory, and depending on how many other sims arrived thats how many machines I took. For example, I would have 2 sims afk and work 4 machines if 3 others arrived. I did my fair share, but people still complained.

I haven't done this in a while, but as long as I take my fair share of machines, what's the problem? None that I can see, but then you have the fanatics on the game. What's a sim to do?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I use to take 3 sims to work in the factory, and depending on how many other sims arrived thats how many machines I took. For example, I would have 2 sims afk and work 4 machines if 3 others arrived. I did my fair share, but people still complained.

I haven't done this in a while, but as long as I take my fair share of machines, what's the problem? None that I can see, but then you have the fanatics on the game. What's a sim to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you do in the case of someone shows up and is not in their work uniform because there are too many workers already? Would you give up a spot for one of your afk sims so that person could work?

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I woudl definately be unhappy about that, I have taken 3 sims to work and they all worked. It doesnt matter if you are operating 4 machines on one sim, your other 2 afk sims are going to wind up everyone else.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I woudl definately be unhappy about that, I have taken 3 sims to work and they all worked. It doesnt matter if you are operating 4 machines on one sim, your other 2 afk sims are going to wind up everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree here, if you are going to bring multiple sims to work, then work them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

A full, well coordinated team, makes more robots and more money. It just moves much more smoothly and quickly with stations covered as close to one-on-one as possible, with quick and alert players ready to keep the stations moving and repair quickly.

So for me, if someone brought 3 sims to the job and only worked one, while recieving 3X the pay I did for the same work, I would not be happy with them and they would go on my ignore list. *shugs*

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I do have a problem with people taking up space with extra accounts in workplaces when the extras are afk. If they actually run those accounts and contribute to the work then I see no difference in them as individuals working for their money.

To only work one sim and take up space in factory with 2afk sims is not something I would ever condone. For one thing it can be difficult for friends to all get into the same factory to work together as it is and your two afk sims are just taking up space and forcing others to look for other jobsites they can all fit into.

I have no problem with running multiple accounts as long as those accounts are run just as if it were 3 individuals working with me. If you must run your 3 or 4 accounts , afk, this way then I believe it is your responsibility to make sure you are in a factory alone and do not rely on others to help your 4 accounts make 4 times the money that they make with their one account.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I do have a problem with people taking up space with extra accounts in workplaces when the extras are afk. If they actually run those accounts and contribute to the work then I see no difference in them as individuals working for their money.

To only work one sim and take up space in factory with 2afk sims is not something I would ever condone. For one thing it can be difficult for friends to all get into the same factory to work together as it is and your two afk sims are just taking up space and forcing others to look for other jobsites they can all fit into.

I have no problem with running multiple accounts as long as those accounts are run just as if it were 3 individuals working with me. If you must run your 3 or 4 accounts , afk, this way then I believe it is your responsibility to make sure you are in a factory alone and do not rely on others to help your 4 accounts make 4 times the money that they make with their one account.

[/ QUOTE ]

200% in agreement....and my ignore list grows daily because of Moochers on the jobsite!

M

mysticlisa516

You have a problem with 2 afk sims while the 1 sim does the work for 3,,thats fine, no problem there. But I do have problems with sims that come to work at the factory then run amuck and wind up killing other sims in the process.

Yes, factory work can be fun, but why aggravate other sims while doing it?

See, everyone has their way of working factory. If you want others to go with the way you wanna play, then let others play the way they want. JMO

G

Trust me the players that run amuck while at work end up on my ignore list too.

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

You have a problem with 2 afk sims while the 1 sim does the work for 3,,thats fine, no problem there. But I do have problems with sims that come to work at the factory then run amuck and wind up killing other sims in the process.

<font color="red"> Yes, factory work can be fun, but why aggravate other sims while doing it?
</font>
See, everyone has their way of working factory. If you want others to go with the way you wanna play, then let others play the way they want. JMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely, and that exactly what your 2 afk sims are doing

M

mysticlisa516

Like I said, I have not done that in quite some time due to the complaining. But I hear complaining about sims running crazy around the factory and getting people killed all the time, but the sim says that she/he is making their game more fun. So tell me, one is right and the other is wrong? To me, interfering in someones game play is interfering, no matter the way its being done.

G

If someone were to come to the bot factory with 3 sims and want to work 3 machines and have 2 of the sims not actually do the turning, I'd be fine with that.

I don't agree with Gilly. I think the most money and easiest play in the factory happens when it's 2 or 3 machines to a sim, not 1 on 1. It's always when someone is lagging a little bit and another sim is so bored that he decides to "help" that things start blowing up. The fewer animated body parts getting in my way, the better.

D

DGLita

Look, no one is saying you cant play the way you want to play, but its obvious from the replies that it doesnt make you exactly popular.

Like you say, you dont do it anymore, so no problem

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I never said there was a right way or wrong way to play. I fully support the right to ignore any workers so that I can play the way I want to. And I have nothing against workers ignoring me. I merely stated my opinion as to what I will and won't accept with people that I work with. I never said your way of playing is wrong. I just don't agree with it, and I will not work with afk sims, ever.

M

mysticlisa516

Thank you. That was kinda my point, but didn't express it right.

G

Everyone has their way of game play. As Gracie said there is no right or wrong. I, like Gracie will not work with AFK players, they automatically go on my ignore list. It is just how I play my game. Same goes with players that run amuck. They get ignored as well, because it is those that will get someone killed. I can't tell you how many times I have been killed because someone refuses to just handle their machines, they go running around the factory trying to be some sort of "Super I Don't Know What".

In the end there will be those that work alone because no one wants to work with them. As the levels get harder it will be harder for them to find people willing to work with them because of they way they choose to play their game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Everyone has their way of game play. As Gracie said there is no right or wrong. I, like Gracie will not work with AFK players, they automatically go on my ignore list. It is just how I play my game. Same goes with players that run amuck. They get ignored as well, because it is those that will get someone killed. I can't tell you how many times I have been killed because someone refuses to just handle their machines, they go running around the factory trying to be some sort of "Super I Don't Know What".

In the end there will be those that work alone because no one wants to work with them. As the levels get harder it will be harder for them to find people willing to work with them because of they way they choose to play their game.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but dying is the most important thing there in factory. Cause, if you don't die there no shaman's to revive you after the shift is done. And , In that case your destroying there job aswell. I hope this makes you happy.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I do, and it does work...

...thank GOD!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep Yep! The car wont drop him off at the place your at. He can still go there on his own though.

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

Many people don't have lure. Most robot ppl have the standard creativity/ mech and logic.
So for those of you not able to lure ... try any dance or play interaction.
They dont have to accept it. You can x it out once they start to move.
But if they are afk eventually you can get them to wind up on the tracks.
Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have lure and whenever i am available i will come and lure them on a track for you.

my sim is Bienchen
if i am not online you can also try my yahoo
bienchen19652003

G

I think in either situation the ignore feature works great.

If you want to work alone land and ignore everyone on the lot. Go home and call another cab. Keep doing it until you get a lot of your own.

If you do not want to work with players who do this. Put them on ignore the first time you see them do it.

You will never have to work in a situation like that, with that individual ever again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have lure and whenever i am available i will come and lure them on a track for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

your just pure evil to think of a thing to a poor innocent sim. Gwd!

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but dying is the most important thing there in factory. Cause, if you don't die there no shaman's to revive you after the shift is done. And , In that case your destroying there job aswell. I hope this makes you happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmmmm.......does anyone understand this reply?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL nope but thats typical.

But if I had to make an educated guess I think s/he is saying its important to die b/c if you didn't, what would the shamans do?

G

I do! LMAO
Maybe I should lay off the pipe for a bit?

ETA: Yeah what Jackie said. Don't want to be puttin those shamen/women out of work. Would that make you happy?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I do! LMAO
Maybe I should lay off the pipe for a bit?

ETA: Yeah what Jackie said. Don't want to be puttin those shamen/women out of work. Would that make you happy?

[/ QUOTE ]

O, that was my plot

First the shamen... then the world.

They are on to me.

G

Happy would be NOT dying while at the factory because of the way others play. So to avoid that I ignore those players so I don't have to work with them again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Happy would be NOT dying while at the factory because of the way others play. So to avoid that I ignore those players so I don't have to work with them again.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, that pretty much takes the fun out of the game. Now don't it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

well, that pretty much takes the fun out of the game. Now don't it.

[/ QUOTE ]

For you perhaps, for me no.

P

Purdy

This is why I keep asking for a Sim gun. Make the jobs a pvp zone and we can shoot the ppl we don't like, like they do in rl at the post office.

G

<font color="purple"> Oooooooh my god, a sim gun now THAT would so freakin FUNNNN !! Or a taser.
Yes, my machine is broke &amp; no I dont need help because you're just going to get in the way and make me die.... Oh wait... *pulls out sim-taser* Ka-Blam! Ka-Blam! *whistles &amp; goes on about fixing my own machine*
wOooT!
</font>

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL nope but thats typical.

But if I had to make an educated guess I think s/he is saying its important to die b/c if you didn't, what would the shamans do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to worry. I am fluent in typonese and broken english. What he meant to say is that "NOT" dying in factory is most important to him because he never knows where to find a shaman and by the time he is alive again it is too late to work. He does not like people that lure him on the tracks or interferes with his sims because he might die. This of course is even more irritating when he's not actually paying attention to all of his sims and one dies while he's not looking
He was being sarcastic when he said he hopes you are happy by killing him.

I've played the factory game in many different settings and many different ways. I know for a fact that a well trained team of 6 can produce as many or more bots while running and helping with repairs. It is called team work. I prefer to work on teams where the mechs are not so cautious that they stand around making sure the coast is clear before they do their repairs. I do know for a fact that the longer a machine is broken down , the more likely another machine will break while you are repairing or just as you finally finish your repair. I absolutely will not work with those that insist they do all of their own repairs. While you can get away with this in lower levels it is imperative to have a team effort when doing repairs in the upper levels that take 2 and 3 tools to repair.

I've also worked in factories when second accounts are helping. 2 per account and myself. I find reaction times and overall speed in doing repairs and cooridinating a team effort to be more difficult and less productive. That is not to say they can't be as productive. I know many players that are so adept at running many accounts they can pull this off without you ever knowing they are controlling more than one sim.

I prefer 5 individual players on my team.

G

Yeah i tried to run multiple sims in the bot factories, i died alot lol, of course i was also trying this when we were having major lag issues.

I do however find that, if kept at only 2 alts, i can run well at bot or at the restaurant. I havent tried the other job tracks yet so i do not know.

I also think that in all honesty, as long as the person just has 1 extra sim, and noone else is trying to get in, then there should be no problem, maybe during non-peak play hours it would be best to try it.

Edited to add that i seriously must get lure, i wanna have fun killing off annoying afk'ers as well!