• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Merry Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pacem

Merry Christmas to you and yours from your friends at Napa Valley Church!
Let us celebrate this joyous time of year remembering the TRUE and origional reason for the season, Jesus the Christ. :)

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let us celebrate this joyous time of year remembering the TRUE and origional reason for the season, Jesus the Christ. :)
Can you keep your cult views off of stratics please? Its bad enough that your allowed to spam Napa with your pack broadcasting animals its not really needed here also.

D

dielock

Merry Christmas to you and all your loved ones as well.
Merry Christmas to everyone and may the new year bring us all happiness and prosperity.

We can start with voting out all the idiots in the Democratic party and putting in people who will serve us the way our founders had wanted us to be served.

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merry Christmas to everyone and may the new year bring us all happiness and prosperity.

We can start with voting out all the idiots in the Democratic party and putting in people who will serve us the way our founders had wanted us to be served.
Amen to tha bud!

F

five oclock

Merry Christmas too all also!

Second I second What you said Dielock. Vote em all out! Before people start bashing us for this. Remember this. Rep had it for 8 years. Dems have it now. So far BOTH SIDES have failed miserably. I say its time for a NEW group to get in. :D

So with that said. Merry Christmas to all and try and stay warm if ya on the East coast. For today on the West coast it was cold burrr,....57 degrees :D

BTW Egg nog with Rum is a great way to warm up the insides. For they need a break from the chill too :D

R

Richard Pryor

There is a great battle going on right as we speak. It's not Republican vs Democrat or Religious vs Athiest; no, this battle is the spawn of the indian food I had for lunch and the battle ground is my intestines...

That said, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/<Insert whatever non-offensive-well-wishing-type-thing you desire here>.

F

five oclock

There is a great battle going on right as we speak. It's not Republican vs Democrat or Religious vs Athiest; no, this battle is the spawn of the indian food I had for lunch and the battle ground is my intestines...

That said, Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/<Insert whatever non-offensive-well-wishing-type-thing you desire here>.
So you are the new live event monster at Luna bank now...Run for cover...Hes going to blow!!!!

P

Pacem

Can you keep your cult views off of stratics please? Its bad enough that your allowed to spam Napa with your pack broadcasting animals its not really needed here also.
Bah, HUMBUG! :p

Lighten up man... reguardless if you believe or not the principle is still there which everyone that celebrates this wonderful time of year agrees to... peace on earth, love, joy, laughter and warm memories with friends and family. :) Nuff said, I say no more.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Mele kalikimaka!!

Hau'oli makahiki hou!

^.^

say that 5 times fast and you get a special prize!

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lighten up man... reguardless if you believe or not the principle is still there which everyone that celebrates this wonderful time of year agrees to... peace on earth, love, joy, laughter and warm memories with friends and family. :) Nuff said, I say no more.
Sounds good to me but lets leave the religious view point out not everyone shares your beliefs nor wants to hear about it. Merry Christmas to all, peace love and all the warm fuzzies one could ever want.

N

NorCal Uo Dealer

Thank you!! for all the liberals that ruin this country and voting the fool who is in office right now..

Merry CHRISTmas

F

five oclock

Mele kalikimaka!!

Hau'oli makahiki hou!

^.^

say that 5 times fast and you get a special prize!
Hau'oli makahiki hou!
Hau'oli makahiki hou!
Hau'oli makahiki hou!
Hau'oli makahiki hou!
Hau'oli makahiki hou!

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hau'oli makahiki hou!
Hau'oli makahiki hou!
Hau'oli makahiki hou!
Hau'oli makahiki hou!
Hau'oli makahiki hou!
Totally reminds me of National Lampoons Christmas... Where ole Sparky is staring out the window imagining his swimming pool LOL.

P

Pacem

Sounds good to me but lets leave the religious view point out not everyone shares your beliefs nor wants to hear about it. Merry Christmas to all, peace love and all the warm fuzzies one could ever want.
But these viewpoints and the event that happened are why we have Christmas to begin with. Christ(Jesus) mas(gathering)... Christ-mas. :)

Why celebrate a birthday if you don't want to even hear about the one that was born whose birthday you celebrate to begin with?

So therefore, I will wish Merry Christmas to whom I wish, and remind always of the true reason for the season. :)

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
lol!

okay...

I'm positive a lot of you know Mele kalikimaka = Merry Christmas

Hau'oli makahiki hou = Happy new year!

Prize... a virtual lei!

no, i didn't make this one... i make other kinds!

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But these viewpoints and the event that happened are why we have Christmas to begin with. Christ(Jesus) mas(gathering)... Christ-mas. :)

Why celebrate a birthday if you don't want to even hear about the one that was born whose birthday you celebrate to begin with?

So therefore, I will wish Merry Christmas to whom I wish, and remind always of the true reason for the season. :)
This is assuming that the most successful cult in North America is based on something other than a story written in a book.

All I am saying is that I personally find it very annoying that I have many of your pack animals currently on my ignore list, I pay good money to play this game like many others and I wish not to be converted. My soul is not in danger and if it is all the better for you as you will just have more leg room. I do not want to donate to the collection and I do not wish to drink the cool aid.

I have been a unwilling victim of your spam and there is nothing I can do about it. Every other aspect of this game has been toned down in the last number of years to reduce any unwanted offence yet you are allowed to preach to the massed like a lunitic on a soapbox.

Merry Christmas is great, wonderful and very good. If you wish to do some good come and join me helping a lost puppy.

L

LordMandorallen

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

What he said. I can't count the number of ways I wished to End those animals lives. I'm all for good tidings and holiday spirit, but the ability to end that noise is VERY HIGH on my wish list. So Santa if your reading this post, I have been a good boy all year long!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
TECHNICALLY----

The conquering early christain leaders of Rome did assimilate various "pagan" and "heathen" yuletime celebrations and adapted them into the early christain faith - even being commanded by the pope himself. Christmas (originally Christ Mass) was not celebrated until five or six hundred years after the man's death - and was a holy mass followed by a feast. Eventually, the practice was "merged" with other pagan things, like the burning of the yule log, lighted trees, and Twelfth Night celebrations.

For those history buffs, here is a link with very valid and widely accepted information - as published by the United Church of God, St. Paul - http://www.ucgstp.org/lit/gn/gn008/gn008f03.htm

Do note, although having been baptised & raised as an irish catholic, I am not a practicing catholic and much prefer the "old ways" of doing things. My core belief is to live & let live... but know your world; which includes all of its religions and faith structures.

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LoL looks like someone might wake up to find blackrock in there stocking :). Although i wouldnt mind some coal ingots :)

P

Pacem

This is assuming that the most successful cult in North America is based on something other than a story written in a book.

All I am saying is that I personally find it very annoying that I have many of your pack animals currently on my ignore list, I pay good money to play this game like many others and I wish not to be converted. My soul is not in danger and if it is all the better for you as you will just have more leg room. I do not want to donate to the collection and I do not wish to drink the cool aid.

I have been a unwilling victim of your spam and there is nothing I can do about it. Every other aspect of this game has been toned down in the last number of years to reduce any unwanted offence yet you are allowed to preach to the massed like a lunitic on a soapbox.

Merry Christmas is great, wonderful and very good. If you wish to do some good come and join me helping a lost puppy.
If you do not like listening to them, why hang around them?
If you refuse to put them on ignore and refuse to leave the area where they are
then do not come crying to me about your self-inflicted "torture".
UO is a HUGE place with many things to see and do.
Do them. :)

Plus, it should be known that it is possible to overwrite one entry on your ignore list with another, so that your list will not become full of entries.
Also, with the exception of this past Monday and Tuesday, I use the same bonded pack llamas every week. This way, once you put them on ignore, they will remain that way forever and you will never hear them again. It is for this reason that the GM's allow such an event, because ppl can put them on ignore and they will stay that way.

This said, if you do succeed in killing them, then you will actually be working FOR the Lord, because the bonded packies that everyone has on ignore will be lost forever, and fresh ones will have to be used, which people all over the shard will have to put on ignore all over again. Killing them will only help to bring the Word again to those that ignored the last animals. :)

That being said... why waste time and energy complaining when you can just ignore the bonded ones and be done with it?

P

Pacem

TECHNICALLY----

The conquering early christain leaders of Rome did assimilate various "pagan" and "heathen" yuletime celebrations and adapted them into the early christain faith - even being commanded by the pope himself. Christmas (originally Christ Mass) was not celebrated until five or six hundred years after the man's death - and was a holy mass followed by a feast. Eventually, the practice was "merged" with other pagan things, like the burning of the yule log, lighted trees, and Twelfth Night celebrations.

For those history buffs, here is a link with very valid and widely accepted information - as published by the United Church of God, St. Paul - http://www.ucgstp.org/lit/gn/gn008/gn008f03.htm

Do note, although having been baptised & raised as an irish catholic, I am not a practicing catholic and much prefer the "old ways" of doing things. My core belief is to live & let live... but know your world; which includes all of its religions and faith structures.
Thank you for the time and thought you put into your message.

You are correct that the Yule log does have pagan origins, as well as the feasts. However, I do not utilize those aspects as I agree with you on that topic. :)
In place of the Yule log, we have what is known as the Advent Wreath, which is a wreath of evergreens with four candles, three purple, one pink, and a center larger white candle. These candles have different meanings depending on what denomination you hail from. One description you can find on Wikepedia. Enter the words "advent wreath" in the address bar of your browser and you can find various pages on the subject.

Christmas is indeed on the same day as an ancient pagan holiday. However, Christmas as we know it is not that pagan holiday of olde. It was actually a rival holiday put on the same day, partly in order to bring converts over to Christianity.

The only difference is, while the ancient gods of antiquity are all but forgotten, we are reminded each year of how God invaded time and sent His Son into a very dark world to be the Light that guides us all Home.

So, Christmas, while it isn't the actual chronological birth date of our Lord Jesus, it was moved there on purpose. Today, when people think of Christmas, most do not think pagan worship, they think of the birth of Christ.

Merry Christmas :)

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do them. :)

Plus, it should be known that it is possible to overwrite one entry on your ignore list with another, so that your list will not become full of entries.
Also, with the exception of this past Monday and Tuesday, I use the same bonded pack llamas every week. This way, once you put them on ignore, they will remain that way forever and you will never hear them again. It is for this reason that the GM's allow such an event, because ppl can put them on ignore and they will stay that way.

This said, if you do succeed in killing them, then you will actually be working FOR the Lord, because the bonded packies that everyone has on ignore will be lost forever, and fresh ones will have to be used, which people all over the shard will have to put on ignore all over again. Killing them will only help to bring the Word again to those that ignored the last animals. :)

That being said... why waste time and energy complaining when you can just ignore the bonded ones and be done with it?
I never said I tried to kill your spam bots, I was saying that it is absured that you are allowed to do what you are doing.

Might I ask where and when you were ordained?

R

Richard Pryor

I've never hung out in Luna long enough for the donkeys to annoy me...

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Today, when people think of Christmas, most do not think pagan worship, they think of the birth of Christ.
About 20 or 30 years ago, I would have agreed with this statement.

However, world wide, as Christmas has made its way into predominantly Asian cultures (Japanese, Hindu, even into China) people do not instantly think of Christ first...

For the Japanese, it is more like a romantic day of whimsy and gift giving. A friend there told me of a Santa in the nativity holding the effigy of the Christ child... they do not understand it as they are predominantly Buddhist or Shinto and only mimic a lot of what they see coming out of the US or on TV. Even in the big cities (like Tokyo) the religious-ness of the holiday is utterly misplaced... in some places I've seen pictures of the nativity with Mr. & Mrs. Claus presenting the Christ child with toys... in others you got the crucifix but with a happy snowman instead of Christ. The most "interesting" of traditions is the Christmas (or Santa) Chapel "Love Hotel"... (mentioned in this blog: http://www.amoeba.com/blog/2008/12/grow-sound-tree/christmas-in-japan.html).
More info about the holiday in Japan - http://www.tanutech.com/japan/jxmas.html

The Chinese, not many of which are christian (less than 1% of the entire population), do indeed celebrate the day - Santa and trees and lights and what not, but again, it is more of a decoration thing to appeal to the westeners (and again to emmulate) than it is to celebrate the birth of Christ. They are also (in recent years) becomming more commercialized, so shopping and gift giving is becoming rather popular (my Chinese programmer sent me a HUGE wall plaque of my Chinese Astrological sign. His card read: "For celebration in Christmas Holiday your monkey!")
http://www.jackiechankids.com/files/Christmas_in_China.htm

In India, where christianity is also the minority (2.3% of the population), the day is celebrated with singing and gift giving, but in different ways depending on where you are in the country. What is most common in the decoration is the image of a white man in a red suit... with or without the beard. The city of Bombay has the largest christian (catholic) population, and there it is most traditional, but still a minority celebration.

The reason I highlight these three countries is they have the largest and most influential populations on the planet (next to the US). When you ask people from these countries what they first think of when asked about Christmas, first is Santa, then is presents (but in Japan is KFC and Christmas Chicken). Only when pressed will they respond with, "Oh, and is the birthday of the (American or European) god."

I do programming projects with people from all over the world... and the most questions I get (outside from clarification of software requirements) is about Santa...

"How does Santa get presents to the children?"
"Will Santa always give coal - or maybe dung to really bad people?"
"If I put Santa on my roof, will he skip my house?"
"What kind of gift are you hoping to get from Santa?"

... and onward...

These coming from ADULTS mind you! I was simply amazed that people 30+ in other countries actually think a real person named Santa will visit them and leave gifts! When I explain what Christmas is and about, then direct them to websites... its like telling a 4 year old that Santa doesn't exist... and the magic leaves their lives.

When further explaining that the holiday is actually a celebration of Jesus Christ's birth, they get a little upset with me... and say they'd rather wish I never told them that.... for now they have a fundamental issue as they feel their own faith and customs are being challenged and taken over by the whites. I calm them down by saying the Easter Rabbit is real and will bring them jellybeans in the spring!

Interestingly enough... seems what the ancient christains did (by absorbing local customs or even replacing them for whatever purpose) is still in practice today....

for more worldwide christmas traditions:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_worldwide

o_O

Okay... I'm done waxing intellectual. I go back to being barbar paladin wanting to run events....

A

altarego

Do them.

This said, if you do succeed in killing them, then you will actually be working FOR the Lord, because the bonded packies that everyone has on ignore will be lost forever, and fresh ones will have to be used, which people all over the shard will have to put on ignore all over again. Killing them will only help to bring the Word again to those that ignored the last animals.

I don't think folks have an issue with your message. We just have an issue with the way you deliver it, i.e.the manipulation of the game mechanics to strategically position and amplify your personal opinions and beliefs.

If it were an opt-in message, I don't think people would be as upset. But the very fact that you force people to take action to avoid your proselytizing is reprehensible...and entirely un-Christian. It's essentially a method of griefing, no matter how you try to sugar-coat it.

For example, if I showed up to one of your "services" and started spamming my own message or randomly macroing spells, you would have to take action to ban me from your little play church. That's analogous to what you're inflicting on the rest of the Luna population - especially those that are skeptical of your motives.

If you want to attract people to your congregation, then do what the rest of us do when we interact: communicate in character, and give people a chance to say, "I'm not interested." Otherwise, you're just abusing the system.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I don't think folks have an issue with your message. We just have an issue with the way you deliver it, i.e.the manipulation of the game mechanics to strategically position and amplify your personal opinions and beliefs.

If it were an opt-in message, I don't think people would be as upset. But the very fact that you force people to take action to avoid your proselytizing is reprehensible...and entirely un-Christian. It's essentially a method of griefing, no matter how you try to sugar-coat it.

For example, if I showed up to one of your "services" and started spamming my own message or randomly macroing spells, you would have to take action to ban me from your little play church. That's analogous to what you're inflicting on the rest of the Luna population - especially those that are skeptical of your motives.

If you want to attract people to your congregation, then do what the rest of us do when we interact: communicate in character, and give people a chance to say, "I'm not interested." Otherwise, you're just abusing the system.

I don't get it...

Issues with how he is delivering his message... is no different than guilds dropping books to advertise recruitment... or certain merchants plying their websites.... or players using little bunnies (234 to be exact) to display their dislike of a certain guild (long gone).

If having llamas named "go to church" or heralds announce the coming of the messiah... is bad.... wow...

I remember a time when a certain role playing guild actually had a prophet that stood at the WBB "preaching" about how his god would come and bless any that worshiped him and joined his church.... and the man was GOOD at it! Standing there in his robe, proselytizing and YELLING (so he could be "heard" farther) about how joining them would be the right thing to do! That was Silas of the Cult of the Midnight Wraith quite a few years ago. THEN it was applauded as role play.... and people were intrigued.

If I were to start preaching about the Children of Light or the 5th of Yew again (both old guilds of mine that were "good guys" in Fel) would I get the shaft as well because *cough* I am preaching something not the norm?

Now... dude does essentially the same thing... and is bad?!?!

:confused:
what is the game coming to?

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oh... before someone starts complaining about how this thread is all about the christain christmas...

Happy...
Merry.....

Month Long Observances
* Hi Neighbor Month
* National Stress Free Family Holiday Month
* Read A New Book Month
* Safe Toy and Gift Month
* Universal Human Rights Month
* Write to a Friend Month

December 1st
* Eat A Red Apple Day
* National Pie Day
* Rosa Park's Day
* World AIDS Day

December 2nd
* National Fritters Day

December 3rd
* International Day of the Disabled Person
* National Roof-Over-Your-Head Day

December 4th
* National Cookie Day
* Wear Brown Shoes Day

December 5th
* Walter Elias (Walt) Disney's Birthday

December 6th
* Ira Gershwin's Birthday
* Mitten Tree Day
* St. Nicholas Day

December 7th
* National Cotton Candy Day
* Pearl Harbor Day (ESPECIALLY important here in Hawaii!)

December 8th
* National Brownie Day

December 9th
* Ball-Bearing Roller Skates Patented in 1884.
* First Christmas Seals Issued in 1907.

December 10th
* Emily Dickinson's Birthday
* Human Rights Day
* Nobel Peace Prize Award Day

December 11th
* Hanukkah
* National Noodle Ring Day
* UNICEF Anniversary

December 12th
* Golf Tee Patent Day (for you golfers - gotta cover EVERYONE)
* Hovercraft Patent Day (I want my flying car!)
* Poinsettia Day

December 13th
* National Cocoa Day

December 14th
* Miniature Golf Birthday
* South Pole Discovery Day

December 15th
* Phonograph Patented

December 16th
* Boston Tea Party Anniversary
* Las Posadas
* Ludwig Von Beethoven's Birthday
* National Chocolate Covered Anything Day <----GREAT day!!!

December 17th
* National Maple Syrup Day
* Underdog Day
* Wright Brother's Day

December 18th
* Wear a Plunger On Your Head Day (we did Silly Hat Day instead for sanitary reasons)

December 19th
* Oatmeal Muffin Day

December 20th
* Games Day

December 21st
* First Crossword Puzzle Day
* First Day of Winter
* Humbug Day
* Look at the Bright Side Day
* National Flashlight Day

December 22nd
* First Christmas Lights for Sale in 1882.
* Thermometer Was Invented

December 23rd
* Roots Day

December 24th
* National Egg Nog Day

December 25th
* Christmas
* National Pumpkin Pie Day

December 26th
* Boxing Day
* Kwanzaa Begins
* National Whiners Day <----- I think this is recognized by many here on Stratics...

December 27th
* Visit the Zoo Day

December 28th
* Card Playing Day
* Chewing Gum Day
* National Chocolate Day

December 29th
* Bowling Ball Invented

December 30th
* Tiger Woods' Birthday <-----And we all know just how much "da man" he is!

December 31st
* New Year's Eve

As posted by Sherri Osborn from About.com
http://familycrafts.about.com/library/spdays/bldecdayslong.htm

If I missed anything, please let me know... don't wanna upset anyone.....

/sarcasm

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Cannot forget this!
December 22 - Sell Out Day

Just for NorCal

F

five oclock

I do like gamer day LoL just WOW.

Where is the day we all get hammered??? for we have to celebrate all these days? maybe that is what new year is for? :D

Good list...I think...

Walks away pondering the normal farms... :D

P

Pacem

About 20 or 30 years ago, I would have agreed with this statement.

However, world wide, as Christmas has made its way into predominantly Asian cultures (Japanese, Hindu, even into China) people do not instantly think of Christ first...

For the Japanese, it is more like a romantic day of whimsy and gift giving. A friend there told me of a Santa in the nativity holding the effigy of the Christ child... they do not understand it as they are predominantly Buddhist or Shinto and only mimic a lot of what they see coming out of the US or on TV. Even in the big cities (like Tokyo) the religious-ness of the holiday is utterly misplaced... in some places I've seen pictures of the nativity with Mr. & Mrs. Claus presenting the Christ child with toys... in others you got the crucifix but with a happy snowman instead of Christ. The most "interesting" of traditions is the Christmas (or Santa) Chapel "Love Hotel"... (mentioned in this blog: http://www.amoeba.com/blog/2008/12/grow-sound-tree/christmas-in-japan.html).
More info about the holiday in Japan - http://www.tanutech.com/japan/jxmas.html

The Chinese, not many of which are christian (less than 1% of the entire population), do indeed celebrate the day - Santa and trees and lights and what not, but again, it is more of a decoration thing to appeal to the westeners (and again to emmulate) than it is to celebrate the birth of Christ. They are also (in recent years) becomming more commercialized, so shopping and gift giving is becoming rather popular (my Chinese programmer sent me a HUGE wall plaque of my Chinese Astrological sign. His card read: "For celebration in Christmas Holiday your monkey!")
http://www.jackiechankids.com/files/Christmas_in_China.htm

In India, where christianity is also the minority (2.3% of the population), the day is celebrated with singing and gift giving, but in different ways depending on where you are in the country. What is most common in the decoration is the image of a white man in a red suit... with or without the beard. The city of Bombay has the largest christian (catholic) population, and there it is most traditional, but still a minority celebration.

The reason I highlight these three countries is they have the largest and most influential populations on the planet (next to the US). When you ask people from these countries what they first think of when asked about Christmas, first is Santa, then is presents (but in Japan is KFC and Christmas Chicken). Only when pressed will they respond with, "Oh, and is the birthday of the (American or European) god."

I do programming projects with people from all over the world... and the most questions I get (outside from clarification of software requirements) is about Santa...

"How does Santa get presents to the children?"
"Will Santa always give coal - or maybe dung to really bad people?"
"If I put Santa on my roof, will he skip my house?"
"What kind of gift are you hoping to get from Santa?"

... and onward...

These coming from ADULTS mind you! I was simply amazed that people 30+ in other countries actually think a real person named Santa will visit them and leave gifts! When I explain what Christmas is and about, then direct them to websites... its like telling a 4 year old that Santa doesn't exist... and the magic leaves their lives.

When further explaining that the holiday is actually a celebration of Jesus Christ's birth, they get a little upset with me... and say they'd rather wish I never told them that.... for now they have a fundamental issue as they feel their own faith and customs are being challenged and taken over by the whites. I calm them down by saying the Easter Rabbit is real and will bring them jellybeans in the spring!

Interestingly enough... seems what the ancient christains did (by absorbing local customs or even replacing them for whatever purpose) is still in practice today....

for more worldwide christmas traditions:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_worldwide

o_O

Okay... I'm done waxing intellectual. I go back to being barbar paladin wanting to run events....
But in short, however anyone celebrates Christmas, they have Jesus to thank for it, whether they like it or not. For without His birth, there would be no Christmas and none of these variations would even exist. Christ is the root cause of Christmas, however you celebrate it.

By the way... Santa WAS a real life person at one time, named Saint Nicholas, who went about distributing gifts in a peculiar way. People of that age would let their socks dry at the fireplace on cold snow-covered winter days. Though admittedly today it would be considered breaking and entering (lol), he would come in and leave gold coins and whatnot in those socks. This is where we get the tradition of stockings at Christmas from, loaded with gifts and trinkits.

P

Pacem

Again, the solution is quite simple, which takes 20 seconds tops, which I have already explained. The packies will be in use for the forseeable future, so it is up to you. :)

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAS MERRY CHRISTMAN LOLOLOLOLOL GEESH MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
But in short, however anyone celebrates Christmas, they have Jesus to thank for it, whether they like it or not. For without His birth, there would be no Christmas and none of these variations would even exist. Christ is the root cause of Christmas, however you celebrate it.
erm...

Imagine if you will there was no Christ...

The celebrations at this time of year (solstice to some, a celebration of an ancient sun god to others) would still be going on... sans christianity and under some other name - depending on who the conquering society was. The celebrations at this time of year were in place long before Christ was even born... I thought we had already stipulated that....

We can hypothesise all night.. but it will not change my mind in that christmas (kwanzaa, hanukkah, etc) are all shaped by the conquering society of the time.

By the way... Santa WAS a real life person at one time, named Saint Nicholas, who went about distributing gifts in a peculiar way. People of that age would let their socks dry at the fireplace on cold snow-covered winter days. Though admittedly today it would be considered breaking and entering (lol), he would come in and leave gold coins and whatnot in those socks. This is where we get the tradition of stockings at Christmas from, loaded with gifts and trinkits.

Partially right...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas <--historical - about the saint
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas <--historical - whom Santa Claus is attributed to

O

OxAO

What cult are you in? The Maoist atheist cult?
I am sure you will be happy to see this on the white house tree:

White house Christmas tree
http://biggovernment.com/2009/12/22/transvestites-mao-and-obama-decorate-white-house-christmas-tree/

Why does the Atheist cult spend so much time telling others how bad their cult is?
Atheist cult are no different then the Jehovah witness cult without the pamphlet

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
It's ok to say "Merry Christmas to me" I love that button

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uhm....nope!! lmfao ...i always get a chuckle when someone comes out with this..not that im against celebrating the birth of jesus or what have you! but lets not be so ignorant as to say none of these variations would exist without that belief lmao thats just being blind and ignorant to truth.... the feast of the Son of Isis (Goddess of Nature) was celebrated in ancient babylon every year on Dec 25th way WAY before jesus's birth..the celebration was very much the same, gift exchanging, partying, feasts and so on...alot of this religions practices and celebrations were takin from various other religions in one way or another..
heres some reading material for inquiring minds if your bored lmao
also...Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!!!

http://www.gnmagazine.org/issues/gn85/christmas-christ-surprising-truth.htm

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What cult are you in? The Maoist atheist cult?
I'm not a member of any cult or cult like following.

I personally just get by on life. Do the right thing, care for the wife and kids, go to work and pay the morgtage. Smile and wave, yield to oncoming traffic and use my signal. Nothing special but I don't feel the need to set up a spam bot to act as the messiah. Something about false prophets, sheep and fruit comes to mind.

P

Pacem

uhm....nope!! lmfao ...i always get a chuckle when someone comes out with this..not that im against celebrating the birth of jesus or what have you! but lets not be so ignorant as to say none of these variations would exist without that belief lmao thats just being blind and ignorant to truth.... the feast of the Son of Isis (Goddess of Nature) was celebrated in ancient babylon every year on Dec 25th way WAY before jesus's birth..the celebration was very much the same, gift exchanging, partying, feasts and so on...alot of this religions practices and celebrations were takin from various other religions in one way or another..
heres some reading material for inquiring minds if your bored lmao
also...Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!!!

http://www.gnmagazine.org/issues/gn85/christmas-christ-surprising-truth.htm
Ok ok *puts hands up* I admit I was probably too broad in my scope there, but the Christmas celebrated in the USA is definately the result of and caused by Jesus. There is no doubt there.

And again, though the gods of antiquity are all but forgotten, we are reminded every year including stratics that Jesus was born. :)

P

Pacem

So in light of above, I once again wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS, remembering the true reason for the CHRISTIAN season in the USA (celebrated by Christian and non alike), which is Jesus the Christ. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.