• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Maintenance Time

G

<blockquote><hr>

Poor guy was only asking a question and he got all this. I wonder if this kinda judgemental attitude really is helpful to anyone. I do not post on here much but I read it everyday to keep up. Most of what I have read from certain posters (I will keep it nameless) is belittling and sarcasm. One is so nasty that when I see her name I scroll past it because she has nothing to say I wanna waste my time reading. Get off the pedestals people because you all sound really ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]It wasn't the question that got this kind of reaction. The unfortunate reality is that there IS no "perfect time" that isn't going to inconvenience someone somewhere. No, what got everyone irate was his open admission to Terms of Service violation - and in a manner that has been a sore subject for people around here for years.

I'm sorry you feel everyone came down hard on him; but when someone comes on and requests help in cheating, he can't exactly expect an accomodating or sympathetic audience.

W

Wella

Thanks Katheryne for your mature and thoughtful post (not many of them these days). Yes, maintenance has to happen and will always inconvenience someone. I wonder whether Statrics could poll this with alternate maintenance times to see what people think.

A

Alynn

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

This is what people are talking about when they talk about 1 or 2 or 3 players wanting things to change to accomodate them, rather than changing their playing style to accomodate how things are. The former doesn't make sense for the good of the game as a whole.....the latter does. What am I missing that makes this such a foreign concept?

[/ QUOTE ]It doesn't mesh well with the beliefs that some people hold that the world truly does revolve around them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see nothing about him cheating in this statement.