• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Maintenance Time

D

Drake-

With the original TSO there was an alt. maintenance time... Mount Fuji... Will there be an alt now with tc3 and ea land? its completely annoying havin maintenance at 7 am on East coast! [mad]

D

Drake-

<blockquote><hr>

suck it up

[/ QUOTE ]

no need to be rude... just a question..

N

Nick6212

wasnt being rude..just replying..i mean, does it really matter?

D

Drake-

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
to me it does. i sell mystic fruit in tc and would be nice for my store to be online when im not home during the day

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
to me it does. i sell mystic fruit in tc and would be nice for my store to be online when im not home during the day

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, so it's only upsetting for you because you want to be able to cheat.

Yep, I gotta agree with the above poster....suck it up. Most everybody else is sleeping at that time or can't play anyway until after mantenance,as they don't leave their sim on a lot all day, circumventing time out, just to sell mystic fruit blocking those further down the list who *aren't* perpetually afk to have a fair shake at customers.

There's few things on this board that actually piss me off.....most just irritate me at worst. Congratulations, you found the hot button.....especially since you didn't even *try* to hide the fact that you were doing it.

D

Drake-

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I gotta agree with the above poster....suck it up. Most everybody else is sleeping at that time or can't play anyway until after mantenance,as they don't leave their sim on a lot all day, circumventing time out, just to sell mystic fruit blocking those further down the list who *aren't* perpetually afk to have a fair shake at customers.

There's few things on this board that actually piss me off.....most just irritate me at worst. Congratulations, you found the hot button.....especially since you didn't even *try* to hide the fact that you were doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is there to hide? the fact that i own a store? u act like im the only one who has ever been afk in this game

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what is there to hide? the fact that i own a store? u act like im the only one who has ever been afk in this game

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone who does not circumvent time out even when it would be convenient to do so, it irks me that others do, and then have the gall to brag about it. No, you're not the *only* one who does it, and those of us who are angry are angry at *all* that do it, it just happens to be you at this particular moment who are catching it because it's you that made the post and announced that you do it.

D

Drake-

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone who does not circumvent time out even when it would be convenient to do so, it irks me that others do, and then have the gall to brag about it. No, you're not the *only* one who does it, and those of us who are angry are angry at *all* that do it, it just happens to be you at this particular moment who are catching it because it's you that made the post and announced that you do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

my question is WHY DO U CARE, being afk is allowed still by the game... nowhere does it say its illegal to be afk. i dont understand why it is upsetting you as it has nothing to do with u. this post is not here for me to argue with you so im leaving it at this. i only posted this to get some feedback and to see if anyone else wants the same thing as me.. i have nothing to hide. im sorry i go to school and work and DONT have the time to play thru the entire day like some people..

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my question is WHY DO U CARE, being afk is allowed still by the game... nowhere does it say its illegal to be afk. i dont understand why it is upsetting you as it has nothing to do with u. this post is not here for me to argue with you so im leaving it at this. i only posted this to get some feedback and to see if anyone else wants the same thing as me.. i have nothing to hide. im sorry i go to school and work and DONT have the time to play thru the entire day like some people..

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to argue about it either. Being AFK is not against the ToS. Circumventing the timeout feature (as you'd have to to be logged in all day while at work/school) IS. In answer to the question of whether or not anybody else wants the same thing, so far, the answers have been no. The European players are not even asking for this and maintenance for them falls 6-7 hours later than the rest of us, placing it smack in the middle of their playing day/morning, yet they just cope with it the best they can. That's why you were told previously by another poster to 'suck it up'.

I

imported_debslee

Time out Drake - I think you need to grab some nails and wood and start building this bridge..... Fact of the matter is, maintenance is a necessary evil - and quite frankly, the timing will never suit everyone. I doubt that you will get much backing to change the time for Maint just to suit you and your store times!
Just like in a previous post, everything must stop to give one person a skill lock - come on guys, lets try and be reasonable - sometimes we just need to choose our battles more wisely!!!

D

Drake-

<blockquote><hr>

Time out Drake - I think you need to grab some nails and wood and start building this bridge..... Fact of the matter is, maintenance is a necessary evil - and quite frankly, the timing will never suit everyone. I doubt that you will get much backing to change the time for Maint just to suit you and your store times!
Just like in a previous post, everything must stop to give one person a skill lock - come on guys, lets try and be reasonable - sometimes we just need to choose our battles more wisely!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

what you dont understand is im not asking for a change. im not complaining. im asking are they changing the times.. its yes or no. obviosly it will be a no but i only wrote this intending feedback from other stratics users. not arguing

I

imported_debslee

Ok well, perhaps next time you should word your post a little more clearly, because I think you shot yourself in the foot with the store comment! Perhaps next time, ask others if that time is working for them..........and could we suggest an alternative time to the Devs....there are ways and means of asking - with the goal of getting a positive response. (just a suggestion!)

D

Drake-

<blockquote><hr>

Ok well, perhaps next time you should word your post a little more clearly, because I think you shot yourself in the foot with the store comment! Perhaps next time, ask others if that time is working for them..........and could we suggest an alternative time to the Devs....there are ways and means of asking - with the goal of getting a positive response. (just a suggestion!)

[/ QUOTE ]

really.. just stop.. i dont need to listen to you..there is nothing wrong with afk

G

I agree. LMAO People do it all the time. Whether it be for skilling or keeping a store open. Why not just do away with the timeout feature? I heard this was going to be done. Didn't I? The devs have stated they do not care. Why should we? Let everyone benefit from no time out. Since some do already.

P

Paula777

I'd say sukk it up to all of you that are "angry" because of afkers or botters and who knows at what else. I would never ruin my mood cuz of afk-stores or anything...
On one posts you guys are all about *every one plays it different* and then you turn right around *your not allowed to do that!!*...

Let maxis handle that... I did the afk-store / long time ago / and got suspended couple of times untill I wouldn't anymore to save my account.
It's their part to keep up the TOS, they'll have to invest some time and check for afkers! Nobody elses business!

D

Drake-

exactly thank you! i started this post to talk about maint. times anyway not even afk stuff. its pointless anyway i moved trees from ea land to test center by trading them with a friend and nobody buys them in tc anyway? anybody kno why?

I

imported_debslee

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

really.. just stop.. i dont need to listen to you..there is nothing wrong with afk

[/ QUOTE ]

You didnt understand me - I shall rephrase (Maybe I should take some of my own advice huh?) I dont care if you afk - infact I prefer shops to be afk, I like to go in, look around and leave. However, when I said you shot yourself in the foot - is the reason for you wanting the whole of maintenance to change times is because its going to affect your store times..........again, it comes across that its an inconvenience for you, well take a number, and get in the queue, because everyone is inconvenienced one way or another with maint! Like I said, there is nothing wrong in posing the question for others to comment, thats all

D

Drake-

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You didnt understand me - I shall rephrase (Maybe I should take some of my own advice huh?) I dont care if you afk - infact I prefer shops to be afk, I like to go in, look around and leave. However, when I said you shot yourself in the foot - is the reason for you wanting the whole of maintenance to change times is because its going to affect your store times..........again, it comes across that its an inconvenience for you, well take a number, and get in the queue, because everyone is inconvenienced one way or another with maint! Like I said, there is nothing wrong in posing the question for others to comment, thats all

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i gotcha, this was my first post.. i been on stratics for years but never had own account

I

imported_debslee

Awww talk about being thrown in the deep end and getting assaulted from all directions
- What a nice welcome you've have to the boards!!! Hope you will stay - didnt you know that the above posts were your initiation???? ROFL

D

Drake-

<blockquote><hr>

Awww talk about being thrown in the deep end and getting assaulted from all directions
- What a nice welcome you've have to the boards!!! Hope you will stay - didnt you know that the above posts were your initiation???? ROFL

[/ QUOTE ]

its ok. only one person made me mad nobody else said anything wrong

G

<blockquote><hr>

With the original TSO there was an alt. maintenance time... Mount Fuji... Will there be an alt now with tc3 and ea land? its completely annoying havin maintenance at 7 am on East coast!

[/ QUOTE ]

Stratics asked EA the same question so that we could update the maintenance schedule that is posted on the main page (and no, it isn't updated yet. But it will be soon!)

Their answer was that the maintenance time will be the same as it was for the production cities, except that there would be no similarity to Mount Fuji.

Hope that helps answer the original question. Welcome to City Hall

D

donnallg

Don't damn bring me into this.

Like I said before I wasn't asking for everything to stop for my skill lock. Lots want the bugs fix. But the suck ups are just saving face and don't want to gripe about it and be classified as whiners.

So leave me out of this arguement.

And besides that, I don't see many of these free players coming in wanting to subscribe to a buggy game.

N

Noddy Bond

Just want to make a correction about the european players comment,
There WAS a time when we all complained about the maintenance just check the archives or somthing if those posts still exist heh, But to be honest we probably all came to the same conclusion in the end that it would never change regardless of the masses arguing about it.
So the general consensus from us seemingly is "whatever" and just let EA get on with their own thing.
Me personally i do not care in the slightest and seriously can not be bothered with wanting it to change.

As for the whole avoiding ye ol time out feature i do remember there being somthing in the Terms of Service about it but been a while since i ever read that and if the Dev's dont care neither do i and i cant see why anyone else should? besides nothing stopping you all from doing the same thing is there?
Live and let Live i say, unless of course people are trying to start and argument with me then i will of course oblige and Eliminate, if i am not liked honestly don't care.
Now give up with the arguing over somthing so silly that its pointless and play nicely kids or there will be no dinner for you tonight.

G

<blockquote><hr>

my question is WHY DO U CARE, being afk is allowed still by the game... nowhere does it say its illegal to be afk.

[/ QUOTE ]It is not illegal to be AFK. You have that correct. After 15 minutes of being AFK, you will time out.

It is illegal to circumvent this time-out by either software or hardware means or by exploiting a flaw in the game's programming. Now that you have just outed yourself, you may wish to consider a new line of work for your sim.

To answer your original question: No, it is not likely they will change maintenance time. It has been at 4am PT for the last half-decade. Mout Fuji had a different time owing to its popularity with Japanese players during a marketing blitz there several years ago.

O

OsirusEALander

<blockquote><hr>

I agree. LMAO People do it all the time. Whether it be for skilling or keeping a store open. Why not just do away with the timeout feature? I heard this was going to be done. Didn't I? The devs have stated they do not care. Why should we? Let everyone benefit from no time out. Since some do already.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely agree - another game I play has no time out feature and everyone who plays the game a lot stays online when they are afk. I guess there too though it's not a significant part of THAT game to keep "needs" green... maybe if they took out the timeout feature people would die more? lol

B

BigDogInMtFuji

I agree with the fact that I wish maintenance would be at a different time rather than the time it is now. I get home from work in the mornings and have to deal with maintenance now, where I didn't have to before (I played in MF). It does suck but I suppose there's nothing we can do about it. I realize that If they were to change the timing then others would complain that maintenance interfered with THEIR normal game play. Oh well. I guess it's something we'll just have to live with.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I wonder if down the road if EAland will actually need a daily maintenance?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I agree with the fact that I wish maintenance would be at a different time rather than the time it is now. I get home from work in the mornings and have to deal with maintenance now, where I didn't have to before (I played in MF). It does suck but I suppose there's nothing we can do about it. I realize that If they were to change the timing then others would complain that maintenance interfered with THEIR normal game play. Oh well. I guess it's something we'll just have to live with.

[/ QUOTE ]

For is in the UK Maintenance is at 11.30 to 12.30 GMT - now thats a PITA although it often reminds me its time to get some lunch

Lest face it - there's never going to be a good time for Maintenaince on a globally played game

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You may be asleep at that time but many of us are up and playing the game. I live on the East Coast of USA and I like to get up early, have my coffee and play my game. I never have had any problems finding others to play with at that time either. We have players from other countries and many US players who like to get in some game time before going to work or school.

I use to keep a sim in MF so I would have a place to go to during maintenance. I think it would be nice if they could stagger the maintenance down time between TC3 and EA Land so we always have a place to play. I also wish they would move maintenance to 5:00 AM EST or earlier for players on the East Coast but of course I realize not everyone will be happy with that suggestion. They might want to reconsider when they have their maintenance since the servers will now be here on the East Coast.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You may be asleep at that time but many of us are up and playing the game. I live on the East Coast of USA and I like to get up early, have my coffee and play my game. I never have had any problems finding others to play with at that time either. We have players from other countries and many US players who like to get in some game time before going to work or school.

I use to keep a sim in MF so I would have a place to go to during maintenance. I think it would be nice if they could stagger the maintenance down time between TC3 and EA Land so we always have a place to play. I also wish they would move maintenance to 5:00 AM EST or earlier for players on the East Coast but of course I realize not everyone will be happy with that suggestion. They might want to reconsider when they have their maintenance since the servers will now be here on the East Coast.

[/ QUOTE ]

The maintenance time is usually only a half hour to an hour.....perfect time frame for morning rituals like shower, making coffee, brushing teeth, getting dressed etc. etc. etc. The devs have already said that the maintenance times will not differ, and right now they probably couldn't spare the time to switch things up if they wanted to. The whole point of MF having the staggered maintenance wasn't so people would have a place to play for that 30-60 minutes a day, it was to accomodate the Japanese players that they thought would be playing in that city when the game was released in Japan. I had a sim in MF at the time that happened, for several months, and I think I met 4, maybe half a dozen Japanese players during that time, so the Japanese playerbase didn't come to fruition, which is why now they don't feel its necessary to stagger the downtimes.

This is what people are talking about when they talk about 1 or 2 or 3 players wanting things to change to accomodate them, rather than changing their playing style to accomodate how things are. The former doesn't make sense for the good of the game as a whole.....the latter does. What am I missing that makes this such a foreign concept?

P

Paulina

<blockquote><hr>

What am I missing that makes this such a foreign concept?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a Engineer? *duck*..running off...LOL......

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What am I missing that makes this such a foreign concept?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a Engineer? *duck*..running off...LOL......

[/ QUOTE ]

Hon, I'm in an electric wheelchair RL.....you *might* be able to outrun me for a short time, but I got you totally on endurance mileage

But no, I'm not an engineer, just a logically minded person that understands when to make something an issue and when not to...doing so tends to get the real issues looked at sooner and not passed over as 'another whining post' LOL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This is what people are talking about when they talk about 1 or 2 or 3 players wanting things to change to accomodate them, rather than changing their playing style to accomodate how things are. The former doesn't make sense for the good of the game as a whole.....the latter does. What am I missing that makes this such a foreign concept?

[/ QUOTE ]It doesn't mesh well with the beliefs that some people hold that the world truly does revolve around them.

I

imported_remflyer

It is the generalizations in your post that I don't agree with. You tell us in one post that most everyone sleeps during maintenance and now you tell us it is a great time to take a shower and brush our teeth. Sorry but not everyone lives in your time zone or keeps your hours.

The players have always had to live with what ever EA gives us but that does not mean that players cannot come here and open up for discussion changes that would like to see in the game and I am sure there are more than three people who would like to see some changes with maintenance.

I know why MF had a different maintenance and I'm sorry you met so few of our Japanese players but they were there. The point you don't seem to be getting is that by having staggered maintenance there is always a game for players to log on to no matter where they live or what their time zone is. I think this would be a positive for the game as a whole. It is not about changing maintenance to suit one, two or three players.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It is the generalizations in your post that I don't agree with. You tell us in one post that most everyone sleeps during maintenance and now you tell us it is a great time to take a shower and brush our teeth. Sorry but not everyone lives in your time zone or keeps your hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was speaking directly to you in that comment, since you say you are an early-riser and therefore would not be sleeping when others are. I am a nightowl so I regularly am playing at maintenance time myself. I find other things to do to occupy my time if I don't feel like going to sleep when maintenance hits, which is why I say it is a fairly simple thing for people to do. You stated you are in EST, I am in CST, only one hour's difference. I also know that many people are on GMT, yet none have complained lately about the maintenance times, they simple cope.....hmm, could this mean it IS possible to do so?

<blockquote><hr>

The players have always had to live with what ever EA gives us but that does not mean that players cannot come here and open up for discussion changes that would like to see in the game and I am sure there are more than three people who would like to see some changes with maintenance.

I know why MF had a different maintenance and I'm sorry you met so few of our Japanese players but they were there. The point you don't seem to be getting is that by having staggered maintenance there is always a game for players to log on to no matter where they live or what their time zone is. I think this would be a positive for the game as a whole. It is not about changing maintenance to suit one, two or three players.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are talking about a downtime of 30 minutes to an hour.....you are acting like it's one of the 3 hour time lapses that we ALL have had to endure. This is NOT a big deal. If it was a big deal, more people would be agreeing instead of the other way around. Even then, I don't think the devs will change their minds, but the fact is that even the European players that deal with this during peak morning playtime hours just simply deal with it, knowing that complaining will do nothing but raise their blood pressure. Maybe this is just an off day for the boards but gahhhhhhhhhh I feel like handing out wedges of cheese LOL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]It doesn't mesh well with the beliefs that some people hold that the world truly does revolve around them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, somewhere there is a graphic of a yellow smiley figure bashing its head against a brick wall. I wish I had it because that is how it feels at this moment. It's just these two threads today that seem to drone on and on about the menial, but it seems like alot because both threads are active, and both threads WILL NOT give up on the idea that these are 'much ado about nothing' things compared to the other issues at hand. Stuff like this is really not appropriate to be dealt with as a priority until after April 1st at the earliest. For now, this is not where our focuses should be placed! PERSPECTIVE PEOPLE, PERSPECTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, I feel better now after that shout out LMAO

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yup, somewhere there is a graphic of a yellow smiley figure bashing its head against a brick wall. I wish I had it because that is how it feels at this moment. It's just these two threads today that seem to drone on and on about the menial, but it seems like alot because both threads are active, and both threads WILL NOT give up on the idea that these are 'much ado about nothing' things compared to the other issues at hand. Stuff like this is really not appropriate to be dealt with as a priority until after April 1st at the earliest. For now, this is not where our focuses should be placed! PERSPECTIVE PEOPLE, PERSPECTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, I feel better now after that shout out LMAO

[/ QUOTE ]Take your pick:

G

LMFAO I KNEW you were gonna do that! [biggrinlove]

*not a plussy so graphic won't appear but use your imagination*

I

imported_remflyer

I can always find something else to do and it is usually only an hour at most when it is down. However if you were a player who had only an hour or two to play a day and that maintenance falls in the middle of your playing time you might feel very differently about it.

I am not complaining I am responding to a thread that someone else bought up about maintenance. I thought this was a thread for discussion. Again I think it would be a plus for the game as a whole if one of our cities was up while the other is down. That way no one is shut out of playing the game on a daily basis during their prime playing time.

D

Drake-

LOL look what i started! this post was not ment as a complaint everyone.. BUT i do have a complaint! when is maint. supposed to be on the east coast? 6-7 am correct? it starts around six fourty five! and i was going to say the same thing... is maint. going to change because the servers are moving east coast

W

Wella

I believe EAL Maintenance should be earlier. I am Australian and play of an evening (when maintenance occurs). It cuts into my prime playing time. Also, my American roomies who log on in a morning are complaining. With maintenance sometimes taking an hour this also cuts into their morning routine of playing TSO. REALLY, a new maintenance time needs to be considered not just for me but for all.

G

maintence is maintence gotta be done sometime gonna interfear with someone no one likes it .... But it has to be done so why complain about it... just deal ... might give ya some time to talk to ur kids
walk the dog ... enjoy a good book.... really does it matter when they do it!

A

Alynn

Poor guy was only asking a question and he got all this. I wonder if this kinda judgemental attitude really is helpful to anyone. I do not post on here much but I read it everyday to keep up. Most of what I have read from certain posters (I will keep it nameless) is belittling and sarcasm. One is so nasty that when I see her name I scroll past it because she has nothing to say I wanna waste my time reading. Get off the pedestals people because you all sound really ugly.

W

Wella

I'm not complaining that maintenance occurs, I agree it has to happen. But during someone's prime playing time is annoying and there are many Australians who play (I'm not the only one). I play from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm an hour of that is maintenance. Talk to my kids? They are in bed by 7:30 pm, walk the dog? Well don't have a dog, but if I did it would be after dinner anyway. Thanks mate, but my life is pretty well balanced, I don't ignore my life or responsibilities for TSO and deffinitely don't need you to tell me to get a life - I have a great one already.