• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Main reason why Siege needs arties.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe it's because i only actually see him PvP when there's 5 or more guildmates huddling around him...
Thats a good possibility and a lot of us do the same thing. With changes I mentioned a couple of posts back, there might even be more people willing to 1v1 instead of the constant gank, if the cost of re-equipping and item availability is brought into balance for all players. As it stands now, pretty much everyone is afraid of losing a costly suit... no matter how much gold they claim to have.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats a good possibility and a lot of us do the same thing. With changes I mentioned a couple of posts back, there might even be more people willing to 1v1 instead of the constant gank, if the cost of re-equipping and item availability is brought into balance for all players. As it stands now, pretty much everyone is afraid of losing a costly suit... no matter how much gold they claim to have.
Your common sense is starting to scare me...:grouphug:

Not bad for a TNT...:heart:

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm... Then you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. Which is it? You don't buy them back for free, nor do you make the imbued items for free.

First of all, I am in factions AND freely attackable everywhere. My argument is simply to bring things into balance for everyone. Furthermore, in case you haven't noticed, we are playing Siege. Everyone is freely attackable. Bringing the price for easonably competitive suits to a more acceptable level for everyone is my goal and a very reasonable request.

If you want more people to fight and more continuous fights, the ability to re-equip is key. Even as it stands now... Factioners fight each other, some die/lose suits, pvp stops for anywhere from 20-45 minutes where people try to find suits, pancake about locating items, pancake about who looted what and having to go from vendor to vendor looking for items, etc. I'm sorry... Faction items aren't conducive to balanced pvp, nor are they conducive to continuous and fun pvp. They are sucking the life out of the fun for everyone, including those of us who have to listen to the pancakes about it.

Time. For. Change.
You are confusing human actions with "game imbalance".

I'd be all for making faction arties the same cost as prodo; 1 hour farming per nice suit. Anyone could do it. Take the char bond off the things and maybe even make unable to be faction dyed.

The option is there if someone wants to take it. I don't see stat loss as too much of an issue since it usually takes me longer to requip here than it does for stat to burn.
Read all my posts and then respond. I'm not confusing anything. That post was part of an ongoing exchange.

Also... Your suggestion would be great for you, me and other factioners, but does nothing to bring balance and a more reasonable cost to non factioners. The changes I mentioned a few posts ago are beneficial to all.

V

Vaelix

Quote:
Maybe it's because i only actually see him PvP when there's 5 or more guildmates huddling around him...
Was fighting a Dread Tamer mage 1V1 With 595.0 Total Skill on My Necro (Forgot to Put Bshy on)

Hmmm... Then you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. Which is it? You don't buy them back for free, nor do you make the imbued items for free.

First of all, I am in factions AND freely attackable everywhere. My argument is simply to bring things into balance for everyone. Furthermore, in case you haven't noticed, we are playing Siege. Everyone is freely attackable. Bringing the price for easonably competitive suits to a more acceptable price for everyone is my goal and a very reasonable request. It benefits everyone involved.

If you want more people to fight and more continuous fights, the ability to re-equip at a reasonable cost is key. Even as it stands now... Factioners fight each other, some die/lose suits, pvp stops for anywhere from 20-45 minutes where people try to find suits, pancake about locating items, pancake about who looted what and having to go from vendor to vendor looking for items, etc. I'm sorry... Faction items aren't conducive to balanced pvp, nor are they conducive to continuous and fun pvp. They are sucking the life out of the fun for everyone, including those of us who have to listen to the pancakes about it.

Time. For. Change.
You'll notice kat.. I generally dont buy my suits back.. I'll buy *Maybe* 1 of 4 Suits back that i lose. Why should i pay the Mils in Gold when i've still got something like 12 Full Suits for Skwis in my House.

I had over a Million in Silver when faction Artes came out.

"If you want more people to fight and more continuous fights, the ability to re-equip at a reasonable cost is key." - I didnt know FREE was an unreasonable cost (Farming)

Factioners fight each other, some die/lose suits, pvp stops for anywhere from 20-45 minutes where people try to find suits, pancake about locating items, pancake about who looted what and having to go from vendor to vendor looking for items, etc. - And generally its the same people getting stomped which is why you (The ones who are stomped) Do not want faction gear

This thought that Cursed Arties will balance everything is just insane.. The same people will hoard them, the same people will lose them, and the same crying will continue.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know what will be funny. Is if they did bring back some cursed arty spawn. But the spawn was very slow. Like to TOT spawn system. But they also kept faction arties around.

Then they will complain that the spawn rate isn't fast enough, so it takes them forever to farm up the correct artifacts, whereas faction artifacts are still overpowered and should be deleted so there is balance... I can see it now.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Have you folks been keeping up with the Faction news? Just wondering. It is all about to change.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice... I see how it is. Someone starts making sense and the insults/silly nonsense posts start. Thats cool. I'll agree to disagree and see where it goes. :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You are confusing human actions with "game imbalance".

I'd be all for making faction arties the same cost as prodo; 1 hour farming per nice suit. Anyone could do it. Take the char bond off the things and maybe even make unable to be faction dyed.

The option is there if someone wants to take it. I don't see stat loss as too much of an issue since it usually takes me longer to requip here than it does for stat to burn.
Tib, you really lost the spirit of Siege. Siege is not just about PvP, it's also about the community. To make it work, crafters, farmers, PvP'ers and others need to depend of each others.

TC is all you need to have fun, there you get it all for free in your bank.

V

Vaelix

Nice... I see how it is. Someone starts making sense and the insults/silly nonsense posts start. Thats cool. I'll agree to disagree and see where it goes. :)
All i posted was Truth.. No Personal Attacks, Insults or anything..

Guilds like TO / OT / KoC / SP! have always been powerhouse guilds.. Which results in Us losing 1 Person for every 3 or So of TnT / JsV..

Meaning TnT/JsV are buying back gear much more often than Our Guilds, which is why your guilds do not want faction gear..With the exception of a few "True PvPers" that just happen to be faithful to the guilds they joined when they started here.. Mook as an example.

V

Vaelix

Heres the problem I see with 90% of your Logic involving Cursed Arties..

Your saying with Cursed Arties being easly obtainable and at a never ending supply, you people will PvP more often.. And the Only reason your not PvPing is because you do not want to lose the faction gear (Which is Easily Obtainable and At a never ending Supply!!)

But Heres the Problem, Your not PvPing because you dont want to lose the Faction Gear... Well its going to be EXACTLY the same with Cursed Arties.. Sooner or later after getting killed day after day.. The Elite PvPers will have a nice stock of Cursed arties, where as the Lower end PvPers will once again STOP pvping because they want to Hold on to the Few Cursed Arties that they have.. And the Crying about arties will start Right back up..

And if you try to Agrue

" Well Cursed arties would be farmable! "

FACTION ARTIES ARE FARMABLE!

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Your saying with Cursed Arties being easly obtainable and at a never ending supply, you people will PvP more often.. And the Only reason your not PvPing is because you do not want to lose the faction gear (Which is Easily Obtainable and At a never ending Supply!!)
Only obtainable to factioners.

But Heres the Problem, Your not PvPing because you dont want to lose the Faction Gear... Well its going to be EXACTLY the same with Cursed Arties.. Sooner or later after getting killed day after day.. The Elite PvPers will have a nice stock of Cursed arties, where as the Lower end PvPers will once again STOP pvping because they want to Hold on to the Few Cursed Arties that they have.. And the Crying about arties will start Right back up..

And if you try to Agrue

Absolutely, but again, only by factioners. You're leaving non factioners out of the equation here. Furthermore, they aren't "free" as you mentioned in another post, not that anyone is ASKING for anything free.

Bottom line is with silver/gold or a combination, the cost to equip/re-equip or buyback is way out of line. Several hundred k to several mil [depending on what farties/arties/imbued items you're running] per suit is killing pvp and taking the fun right out of it. Your very own guild won't even play unless you can field twice as many as other guilds, in fact most are playing on prodo with insurance atm. Your guild has been stomped as much as any other. Put your little epeenie back in your pants and save the stroking for another time. It doesn't fly with me. lol

Keep the status quo! You won't have anyone to fight or stomp. :eek:snap:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

And if you try to Agrue

I don't remember alot crying about some power PvP'ers running upper suits before we got the farties.

Without the farties, the shard would not be splittet in 2 groups.
If we got an increase in in the drop of cursed artifacts, I don't see why you would need the farties.

Do it have to do with it being easier just to farm silver and buy farties than hope for luck when farming for other artifacts?

What I love with imbuing vs runic is, I don't have to depend of luck, I know where to get the resources and I choose what to add to the items just like you know how to get your items.

Maybe we need changes to the loot so it's easier to farm the items you need without depending of luck. If you knew what spawn it would drop from and how long time to farm, before you got your item, it would make it less annoying. You could just farm until you had a backup set too.

V

Vaelix

The only thing i will agree with you on is the Fact that the Silver prices are out of wack, and we can thank the exact same people that are crying about faction gear in these threads.

Silver should Cost the same as Prodo, Other than that.. I disagree with everything ya say..

I dont count Non Factioners because they have Guard Zone.. Which will make the difference in *ANY* non faction Blues vs Reds fight... Gear or no Gear.

V

Vaelix

Freja, I can just farm until ive got a back up suit... And i know exactly where to farm... Silver Serps.. And luck has Nothing to do with it! Oh Joy!

The exact things you are asking for are offered with Factions, And the RISK of No guard zone and Stat Loss comes with it.

F

Førsaken

Blah, blah, blah, cry, cry, cry-same ole **** tbh...

Bring back cursed arties...

Take the names off faction gear, so anyone can wear in factions...

Take out the evil/hero hue system so anyone can wear non-faction items...

Problem solved, result still the same. People will always cry about losing their pixels.

All you little haters crying about how some of us are playing prodo shards, the "trammie" servers-Wtf do you think you are with all this anti-pvp bs? You just want excuses, scapegoats if you will, to try and justify why you're not going to pvp.

Even with all the good ideas I've seen lately to bring Siege Perilous up to par, the problem will still, and always be, within the player.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Freja, I can just farm until ive got a back up suit... And i know exactly where to farm... Silver Serps.. And luck has Nothing to do with it! Oh Joy!

The exact things you are asking for are offered with Factions, And the RISK of No guard zone and Stat Loss comes with it.
I do not want to be in faction, it goes against my RP and against what I believe is good for the shard. I had hated Faction from day one we got it on Siege. It destroyed Sieges native factions, enemies was joining the same factions and it made it a mess.

I had been in Faction a while because UDL joined. It was annoying not to be able to rez my enemies and to me it was just a lot of gankers, no RP, no reason fot the fights.

I wish faction off the shard but fear I'm the only one who wish for that

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cursed arties pissed me off quite a bit when i returned back in 08.

Why? Because I could not farm them nor afford to pay 300k per item for them.

Then faction arties came about; cool. I was finally able to regularly run my mage with more than 25 dci......

Then some cry baby whined about the cost which is ultimately what led to all the crying about sell backs/buy backs; had the cost stayed the same as prodo then either buy back prices would be lower, people would just go spend an hour and farm up a new suit, or purchase silver much less expensively than what it currently goes for.

leave the faction arties alone
add cursed arties at an increased drop rate
Lower silver prices or increase silver drops to 5x prodo

Then let the player decide if he wants to go the faction/silver farming route or the non faction random critter farming route. Imbuing will play a critical role in all of it.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it not be just simplier if every major pvp guild/group just dropped factions and joined in a war??

Wear what you want...be allied with whomever you wish ( as long as they wished to war ) fight whoever wherever whenever...actually have a kill count to back up you epeen. Die..get rezzed and get back in the fight :stretcher:

Personally I love the concept of factions...when the WCB crew was active it was awesome fun..but frankly alot of people do not wish to join factions the way it stands now. Alot of people hate the idea of faction arties. Then again alot of people love faction artifact because it allows then the freedom of template choices.

I guess until the shard as a whole wishes to come to some sort of agreement on what changes should get put forth then we continue to just bicker and fight.

B

Black magick

If that is true, why do people join factions for the gears?
If it's true, why can't we just remove the Farties
Farties are sold from NPC's, not farmed by the PvM'ers or crafted by the crafters. That's against the spirit of Siege!

Yes as we can lose it easy it need to be easy to replace and not only for one group.
And it should not come from NPC's.

I really have no idea if it is cheap or expensive and I'm not in faction.
I know most PvP'ers do not want to use alot of time for farming or crafting. However they do use time to farm silver now, that time could be used to farm gold or resources to trade for a ready to go suit brought from PC vendors.

A PK is a PvP'er who get his gold and resources from killing players instead of killing monsters.

Not all PK's goes for an easy target and not all so called PvP'ers goes for a fair fight.
Many PK's just like to play with others feelings. I had been killed of many PK's, who only killed me for the fight and not because they knew they could beat me or wanted my loot.

Except the last 2 months, I had been red all my time on Siege.
Why was I red? Why did I kill players who was not looking for a fight?
I was red for the challenge of having more enemies
I was red because I love, when someone get scared when they see me.
I killed players who was not looking for a fight because they however did choose Siege and love the kick they get when they get attacked.
I did kill for the RP and I would always res my victim and his only lose would be a little fame.
Now I know I may not be like most PK's but my victims do love me.

PvP = player vs Player, it have not anything to do with the color of the players or if they are ready for a fight.
You show you are willing to fight with being in faction, a PK show he is willing from being red. A blue on Siege is willing to fight or risk to die, else he would not be on Siege, however, he is not willing to fight/die everywhere, he want to be safe in towns.
Because you point out something, it do not mean it's correct, it's just your opinion like this is mine.
Last part of your post but first thing I'm gonna say. My mage is red, and I'm not a pk, I'm a pvper. It's for that reason that I didn't kill you when I saw you last. Being a pk was only ever fun to me on my thief, and that was because I would fight with a character with one fighting skill. My opponent in that case had a rather large chance to win, thus a challenge to me.

Now since that's finished with, addressing points. People look for whatever advantages they can get, why the hell do you think most of siege runs stealth? One thing most don't get is that faction arties are more of a counter to stealthers than ****ing detect hidden. Sure, some stealthers get some edge on everyone, those that have the balls to run them. However, factions mostly help mages, who out of you runs a damn mage outside of factions?

Besides, its not the faction arties that everyone complains about, its how good people do with them. Again, not realizing something; those who run them,(for the most part) are good players. Yes, there was crying and moaning about players running elite suits before as well, AND it was hard as hell to put together a suit. In all reality, as has been said, adding cursed arties, and hell even taking out factions, isn't going to change the way things are.

Freja, you really should stop talking about whether or not faction arties are good or not if you don't even know about the cost when you tried to use it, opposing ways in the same post I might add, to justify taking out faction arties. You don't know jack about the faction cost vs non-faction cost. Like I said, you are just digging for excuses not realizing you are rapidly putting yourself into a hole. Stick to what you know, which would not be pvp and its effects on the shard.

Side note, I have just over 200k total between my 3 characters. I still run faction gear, just not full cause farming anything other than serps is a pancake IMO and I'm too lazy.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
before I start, I have to say one thing. I understand it's nice to have easy access to the farties and it remove alot of the pain from putting together a suit.
When we first got the bunny ears and orange legs (7ae items), I did not believe it would be a problem, that they was blessed as all just could get them.
I was wrong, they turned out to be a pain and we had to stand together to get rid of the blessing.

Farties are a pain too as they hurt the shard. I understand we need al alternative that will work for all and not only for faction but it have to be for all.

Last part of your post but first thing I'm gonna say. My mage is red, and I'm not a pk, I'm a pvper. It's for that reason that I didn't kill you when I saw you last. Being a pk was only ever fun to me on my thief, and that was because I would fight with a character with one fighting skill. My opponent in that case had a rather large chance to win, thus a challenge to me.
Now I don't know the name of your mage, but if I was on Freja and you was alone, I would not had minded being attacked :)
I find it hard to split Pking and PvP'ing from each others, as long the attacker is out to share some fun and not to be an ass, I will call it PvP.

Now since that's finished with, addressing points. People look for whatever advantages they can get, why the hell do you think most of siege runs stealth? One thing most don't get is that faction arties are more of a counter to stealthers than ****ing detect hidden. Sure, some stealthers get some edge on everyone, those that have the balls to run them. However, factions mostly help mages, who out of you runs a damn mage outside of factions?
Sadly we do have to many win on any cost chars and because the Devs can't understand, they have to balance the item drop to the Siege rules, we will get to many win on any cost chars because it's to hard and take to long to replace lost stuff.

Besides, its not the faction arties that everyone complains about, its how good people do with them. Again, not realizing something; those who run them,(for the most part) are good players. Yes, there was crying and moaning about players running elite suits before as well, AND it was hard as hell to put together a suit. In all reality, as has been said, adding cursed arties, and hell even taking out factions, isn't going to change the way things are.
It may take more to changes stuff, I can see, imbuing do not like mages, it's damn expensive to make the jewelry you need to fight.
Again it's a matter of Devs balancing the drop vs Siege ruleset and maybe changes unraw on Siege so relic will have a better chance to be the resultat.
Better drop of Curced artifact and imbuing resources and some balancing of the resource need on Siege. FC and FCR should not need relic but only EE, same with DCI

Freja, you really should stop talking about whether or not faction arties are good or not if you don't even know about the cost when you tried to use it, opposing ways in the same post I might add, to justify taking out faction arties. You don't know jack about the faction cost vs non-faction cost. Like I said, you are just digging for excuses not realizing you are rapidly putting yourself into a hole. Stick to what you know, which would not be pvp and its effects on the shard.
You are wrong here, I know faction items did ruin alot from me and it stop me from get TDO to work as a red RP guild. It also stop new RP red guilds from growing up.
Ny goal with TDO is to challenge the one who are not upper PvP'ers and share some fun with them but the one not in Faction is stealthing around the shard because they do not want to fight vs factions items.
As only way to PvP is from being in faction, TDO won't get any members as I refuse to join faction. TDO always had young chars and crafters too, so we like town to be safe for our blue and we like being on one stone.
I had PvP'ed sinse I started playing UO 12 years ago so don't tell me what I know about.

Side note, I have just over 200k total between my 3 characters. I still run faction gear, just not full cause farming anything other than serps is a pancake IMO and I'm too lazy.
It's time Devs start reading this thread and sit down and do something to help us.

If I could imbue items that can complete with factions items and to a price regular poor PvP'ers could pay, I would make sure my vendor was stocked with ready to go suits, but there are some mods I just can't match :(

There are enough crafters who would do like me if just it was possible.

F

Førsaken

It's time Devs start reading this thread and sit down and do something to help us.
DEVs are not going to help by removing "farties" from Siege Perilous. Won't happen in a million years. Why can't you clowns get that through your heads and realize the only way things will be balancing to the non-hardcore PvPers is to put an influx of all items, bringing back cursed arties?

Stop moving backwards with your rants on "farties". If you're going to sit there and say you couldn't compete with cursed arties vs factioners, then stay in your RP houses and continue having tea parties.

Fact is, nothing would change if I, or any other competent player were running cursed arties vs faction arties. Do you really think the extra 3 MR on orny is going to stop my dumps from killing you? Do you really think that extra 10 DCI on Folded Steels is going to stop me from killing you? Do you really think I won't be able to make up resist with regular human Fey Leggings? Do you really think the 5 extra stat points on faction Crimson Cincture is going to keep me from killing you?

Stop the excuses already.

Changes that would benefit all, and still not stop the crying:

-Remove faction evil/hero hue option. (So all could wear looted items)
-Remove player tag on faction gear. (So all factioners could wear looted items)
-Re-introduce cursed arties, bumping all monster loot, marty drops, arty drops. (So all non-factioners have more ease when they die and have to re-suit)

*If you do those faction changes, people wouldn't need to worry about going that extra step in asking the DEVs to drop faction arties back down to 1k per rank.*

You'd have a steady market of arties/marties/farties and decent monster loot drops to supply yourselves, friends, guildies, and the lazy at an affordable cost. All SHOULD be happy, but again, you all will continue your crying and ranting once you start losing those easily obtained pixels.

Hence, back to the problem that lies with the player, not entirely on the DEVs.

ham349

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i couldnt agree more. forsaken is right. the changes he listed would indeed more evenly balance pvp & bring people to siege. as far as the faction arties are concerned, to the best of my knowledge, this was done to revive pvp. however, even with my relatively new, non-faction char (about a month in) i have still put down plenty of factioners. building a suit requires you know what your template needs most (gear wise) to be effective.
well, there's my 2 cents.

-Talos

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I completely agree with sakies statement except I also think the silver cost should be same as prodo cost.

I lost my suit last night; the one I have replaced it with was done with two lvl 1 faction arties, an aegis of grace, and imbued items. I am at 67 dci, 9mr, 2/6 cast, 40 lmc. I did not and will not pay one red cent to buy back; don't need to. An hour farming for those two items, and I grabbed the aegis for like 55k or something.

Imagine if the silver cost were a bit lower; you could easily have 5 -10 ready made suits made up with only a couple hours farming time.

B

Black magick

I agree with:
-lowering faction cost
-bumping the drop rates of arties on all counts
-marties, and loot
-removing the tag on faction gear
-bringing back cursed and tok arties
Perhaps also double the drops for imbuing ingredients, and also perhaps mess with the turn in system. Either substantially raise the amount you get per turn in item, or cut costs... 1/5?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
DEVs are not going to help by removing "farties" from Siege Perilous. Won't happen in a million years. Why can't you clowns get that through your heads and realize the only way things will be balancing to the non-hardcore PvPers is to put an influx of all items, bringing back cursed arties?

Stop moving backwards with your rants on "farties". If you're going to sit there and say you couldn't compete with cursed arties vs factioners, then stay in your RP houses and continue having tea parties.

Fact is, nothing would change if I, or any other competent player were running cursed arties vs faction arties. Do you really think the extra 3 MR on orny is going to stop my dumps from killing you? Do you really think that extra 10 DCI on Folded Steels is going to stop me from killing you? Do you really think I won't be able to make up resist with regular human Fey Leggings? Do you really think the 5 extra stat points on faction Crimson Cincture is going to keep me from killing you?

Stop the excuses already.
I have as much right to have my opinion as you and fight for what I find will be good for the game.

Stop talking down to people with an other opinion than you.

S

Shalimar/Cleo

Then faction arties came about; cool. I was finally able to regularly run my mage with more than 25 dci......

Then some cry baby whined about the cost which is ultimately what led to all the crying about sell backs/buy backs; had the cost stayed the same as prodo then either buy back prices would be lower, people would just go spend an hour and farm up a new suit, or purchase silver much less expensively than what it currently goes for.

Then let the player decide if he wants to go the faction/silver farming route or the non faction random critter farming route. Imbuing will play a critical role in all of it.
I don't pvp, but at this stage of the game, the statement above is the only thing that makes any sense to me. He's not being selfish, and not trying to get rid of anything someone else enjoys.

I've never been a fan of factions, items, or many of the things we've had introduced to Siege over the years, but I don't expect to pick and choose the way the game 'evolves' according to my own preferences. It's very difficult to take something away without objection, so the only solution is to give something more and hope it balances the game for those who are without the means to properly compete...and don't want to join factions.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't pvp, but at this stage of the game, the statement above is the only thing that makes any sense to me. He's not being selfish, and not trying to get rid of anything someone else enjoys.

I've never been a fan of factions, items, or many of the things we've had introduced to Siege over the years, but I don't expect to pick and choose the way the game 'evolves' according to my own preferences. It's very difficult to take something away without objection, so the only solution is to give something more and hope it balances the game for those who are without the means to properly compete...and don't want to join factions.
Nice post Shal! :p

S

Sunchicken

I have as much right to have my opinion as you and fight for what I find will be good for the game.

Im sure your gonna love this but your pretty much doing the same thing with your one made up word "farties"

Your mocking people that enjoy faction fighting with the items. So as much as you pitch your little fit about you have your opinion and all that whoblahh your as guilty as others about voicing what you want not what is best for the game.

Either way i side with sakies idea's they tend to be more relistic and easiest to accomplish with the least amount of developers time. as everyone knows is the most concern for ea...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it not be just simplier if every major pvp guild/group just dropped factions and joined in a war??

Tried that. Aside from your group... everyone else turned us down for war.

Players like Kat and her TnT decided it was better to stay blue and try and make our characters red instead. Or try and set up fights in hopes that we wouldn't find them or be able to participate.

Was a nice thought, but an epic fail. I'm not doing that **** again.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You are a breath of fresh air. :)

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My concern with this is now its just 5 times as easy to equip my faction character whereas non faction players have an chance for a random cursed artifact ( most of which are crap lol)
Perhaps I'm not getting it but how does this make Siege more active?? All the hardcore pvpers have ventured to other shards and the average population has stated again and again they have no interest in factions.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Players like Kat and her TnT decided it was better to stay blue and try and make our characters red instead. Or try and set up fights in hopes that we wouldn't find them or be able to participate.

Well it would take some form of agreement from the larger guilds to enter the wars. A few issues perhaps did exist but I can tell you its was far from a epic fail...we had some big battles mostly every night while that war was in play.

Also limited hide/stealth and no tamers and people getting right back into the fights without the stat loss :lol:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well it would take some form of agreement from the larger guilds to enter the wars. A few issues perhaps did exist but I can tell you its was far from a epic fail...we had some big battles mostly every night while that war was in play.

Also limited hide/stealth and no tamers and people getting right back into the fights without the stat loss :lol:
It either works or it doesn't... and these siege wars didn't.

You had a couple epic fights amongst a few people. No more a success than a guild fight night or RP event... but it was big time epic fail in regards to the shard as a whole.

So like I already said... been there, done that. Now it's time to move on to new things or admit it to ourselves that it's just going to continue to suck.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually....for the most part you weren't there.

We had some good numbers every night for a fairly decent time period. We also had people fighting from 4 or 5 of the largest guilds on Siege. Again some people didn't wish to play nice with each other...while a disappointment certainly well within their rights.

I can probally name like 20-40 players who indicated they had a ton of fun fighting in these wars. With Siege's population these day I would consider it an epic win :)

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

We had some good numbers every night for a fairly decent time period. We also had people fighting from 4 or 5 of the largest guilds on Siege.
I wasn't there? No **** I wasn't there. You advertise a come all, everyones welcome event then don't give a crap when people are excluded. Even after I and others make non-faction chars, put together suits for this and have everything ready... nothing happened. FAIL.

So like I said... your crappy event didn't do anything but entertain a few people for a bit. This is about the whole shard, not your little group.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

We had some good numbers every night for a fairly decent time period. We also had people fighting from 4 or 5 of the largest guilds on Siege. Again some people didn't wish to play nice with each other...while a disappointment certainly well within their rights.

I can probally name like 20-40 players who indicated they had a ton of fun fighting in these wars. With Siege's population these day I would consider it an epic win :)
Yes it was pitiful to watch... everyone ran around dominating with bushido templates... How you though that was fun is beyond me...

I also remember us trying to join this WAR and you guys voted against it and you were all to scared to war our guild. Tib's was the only member of all the guilds involved in the "WAR" who actually wanted to WAR against us...

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sure your gonna love this but your pretty much doing the same thing with your one made up word "farties"

Your mocking people that enjoy faction fighting with the items. So as much as you pitch your little fit about you have your opinion and all that whoblahh your as guilty as others about voicing what you want not what is best for the game.

Either way i side with sakies idea's they tend to be more relistic and easiest to accomplish with the least amount of developers time. as everyone knows is the most concern for ea...
Damn Sunchicken I was so fixing to call her out on that same **** lol...

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My concern with this is now its just 5 times as easy to equip my faction character whereas non faction players have an chance for a random cursed artifact ( most of which are crap lol)
Perhaps I'm not getting it but how does this make Siege more active?? All the hardcore pvpers have ventured to other shards and the average population has stated again and again they have no interest in factions.
My concern with this is how much you need to lie/exaggerate about what's what.

You have no interest in factions? Guess what? Don't join.

You sitting here trying to say that you have all kinds of support to remove them? Guess what? You don't.

You really aren't getting it. Bumping monster loot makes playing this shard less of a headache for everyone. You're idea of taking out faction stuff does nothing but ruin some of the fun, a bunch of people could potentially have if they wanted to.

Thanks.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it was pitiful to watch... everyone ran around dominating with bushido templates... How you though that was fun is beyond me...

I also remember us trying to join this WAR and you guys voted against it and you were all to scared to war our guild. Tib's was the only member of all the guilds involved in the "WAR" who actually wanted to WAR against us...
Didn't the CRUS guys war you? It was TNT that had the issue and basically I had to give in because certain people were going to pack thier ball up and go home if they had to fight 420 in the guild wars. Yea I wanted to fight y'all because I wanted our team to get better on mages (I had TNT running mages!), and to be honest we were ripping through CRUS most times whenever numbers were anywhere near equal. The thing is CRUS was slowly improving by fight TNT(better pvpers than they were) and I was really hoping to get the same by fighting 420 (better pvpers than TNT were).

Anyway I do think Kael's group did war your crew which is now my crew as well:).

P.S. They were alot of fun and I would do it again if all guilds were included ans we expanded the no pets to include no stealth as well. Anyone want to give it a try? Hell I'd probably reactivate my tib account for it.

F

Førsaken

Trust me, talking down to you would be a ****ing step up. :sad4:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Damn Sunchicken I was so fixing to call her out on that same **** lol...
There´s nothing demeaning in using the word farties. I do it all the time. Not to insult with something fart related but to make faction artifacts easier to type.

There are other examples.

Marties = Minor artifacts
Tarties = Tokuno artifacts

They all have been used by various posters on Stratics...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If I would get one guess then I´d say that one of the reasons that 420 didn´t get to play in the WAR was that when it started 420 was quick with shooting the idea down and insulting it.

"We´ll stay in factions, you guys can play your ****ty war, yada yada..."

Then when faction fights died out and you guys saw that they were having fun in the WAR you guys caved in and wanted in by quitting factions too.

And if you guys didn´t get an invite then I guess it was just a case of "You made your bed..."...

F

Førsaken

Or...it's because Siege Perilous continued to die off due to all the vaginas on the server. rolleyes:

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be careful with the word vagina! I've used it in the same context and I've had 2 infractions in the last couple months!!! I'm on a role.

F

Førsaken

Be careful with the word vagina! I've used it in the same context and I've had 2 infractions in the last couple months!!! I'm on a role.
If they want to give me an infraction for speaking the truth...:grouphug:

They've read the threads, they know I'm right. :p

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I would get one guess then I´d say that one of the reasons that 420 didn´t get to play in the WAR was that when it started 420 was quick with shooting the idea down and insulting it.

"We´ll stay in factions, you guys can play your ****ty war, yada yada..."

Then when faction fights died out and you guys saw that they were having fun in the WAR you guys caved in and wanted in by quitting factions too.

And if you guys didn´t get an invite then I guess it was just a case of "You made your bed..."...
Ugh... not quite. We made/used separate chars for the war and kept our mains in faction because people were telling us to quit factions.

I suppose if one of us feels a certain way about something, we all do then...? Get real.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wrong we did war you kage...wrong guild sir. However, other's didn't wish to participate with you guys. Thus we only fought you a couple of times near Gilfane. We did however fight TNT alot

V

Vaelix

Wrong we did war you kage...wrong guild sir
Why should we need to have a game of WAR Tag when factions already provide this feature for us??

You : " Well we dont want to join Factions, so you should cater to our needs, Leave Factions and WAR us "

US : "We dont want to Leave factions, so you should cater to our needs, Join factions and Fight us"

This dance is getting us no where.

I'm Orange to Oranges and Red to Blues/Reds.. Therefore i can Fight the Non Factioners if i want to.. I'm not restricted by the Title that is "Blue"

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My concern with this is how much you need to lie/exaggerate about what's what.

You have no interest in factions? Guess what? Don't join.

You sitting here trying to say that you have all kinds of support to remove them? Guess what? You don't.

You really aren't getting it. Bumping monster loot makes playing this shard less of a headache for everyone. You're idea of taking out faction stuff does nothing but ruin some of the fun, a bunch of people could potentially have if they wanted to.

Thanks.
I am in factions...as I have stated many many times through this thread. If you really bothered to read someone's post before you started another one of your notorious rants.
Tell me where I lie?? I also have another char in gilfane and I can tell you amongst that alliance people have no interest in factions. Might i add that alliance is huge amongst the 'active' population...as in logging in everyday on Siege and actually playing..not just the "active" Stratics forums.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why should we need to have a game of WAR Tag when factions already provide this feature for us??

You : " Well we dont want to join Factions, so you should cater to our needs, Leave Factions and WAR us "

US : "We dont want to Leave factions, so you should cater to our needs, Join factions and Fight us"

This dance is getting us no where.

I'm Orange to Oranges and Red to Blues/Reds.. Therefore i can Fight the Non Factioners if i want to.. I'm not restricted by the Title that is "Blue"
You: "I need to log onto Atlantic in order to really just get a fight because Siege is dead"

Me: " From what people are telling me Faction gear was a major reason for this..perhaps we need to make a change"

You: " Factions should have the gear because they have more risk...ie can be attacked anywhere no guardzones"

Me: " Couldnt people just war then if thats the concern...having risk of getting attacked anywhere?"

and yes man.. this dance is getting old